• Published 25th Aug 2012
  • 24,021 Views, 619 Comments

An Ancient First Love Returns - Wasabi-beans



Cadance puts a small love spell on Celestia, but Celestia settles for nothing but the biggest...

  • ...
42
 619
 24,021

Look Before You Love

Author's note: Firstly, Celestia's room was based off of the design that was in the episode Griffon the Brush Off.

Secondly, this will be still be rated U, though it might go a little, little beyond what the source show does.

Enjoy.


Discord flew as fast as he could out of the castle, even flapping his little wings for more speed.

His huge welt was dragging him down, however.

Anything to get away from the Love Pony, Celestia's overly precious student, Celestia's overly brash sister and the Lips herself.

He got up very high in the sky, but noticed a beam shot up in the sky. Whilst flying as fast as he could, he saw the beam stopped and cascaded in a circular form to create a sphere. And he realized in horror at what it was creating: a shield around Canterlot.

He flapped as hard as possible, but the shield formed before he could even pass the castle's premises.

Alright, Discord, come on, think, think! If you can't get out of here, where's the one place where Celestia will never find me?, he desperately thought. A lightbulb literally sprung above his head, and he raced to it as fast as he could.


In the darkness, Discord felt proud of himself, "This hiding spot is perfect! Took a little more magic than I thought, but there's no way that Celestia can hear me, see me, smooch me or even hand me to little Princess Brute-na!! Haha!

"Now let's see, my chaos powers are hardly adequate for a head on battle, and my poor, poor Bucket of Chaos sacrificed itself for me, may it rest in peace. I'll have to fight guerrilla style instead, maybe a riddle-"

"Dissy-kins, why are you inside Luna's empty Genie's Lamp?"

"AAARGHH!!" he jolted and turned around to see that indeed, Celestia was before him in the pocket dimension within the Lamp.

"You! But how- is this... what, HUH??" his left eye was literally spinning.

"I gave it a thought: where would be the last place you'd think that I'd look for you? Luna's teapot of course!" Celestia chirped.

"Teapot?? Luna uses a Genie's Lamp that could hold dangerous apparitions inside this place, as a teapot?? No wonder it stinks of moon daisies, and I hate moon daisies. ...I need some coffee..." said Discord pathetically as he conjured an extra large mug of latte (four shots), and drank it all down. Celestia sighed.

"Discord, I want to talk," she said.

"No! No talking! No kissing either!" demanded Discord, and threw his mug at her. She swatted it away effortlessly, quite unfazed, and walked towards him.

Which made Discord panic and flew off, "You stay away from me!!"

Which made Celestia follow suit, " But I can't Dissy-kins! I need to speak with you, and more importantly, I NEED YOU TO COME BACK TO ME MY LOVE!!"

"Stop yelling the L word!!"


Celestia could've sworn Discord went down an aisle of library books and she pursued further. She glanced at the section she was in: self-help manuals. Celestia sort of approved.

She stopped when she was right at the eyeline of a green book titled Secrets to Being Left Alone: Escaping your Clingy Girlfriend Edition by Rod-disc. Celestia chuckled at the desperate anagram, levitated the book out and laid down on a couch.

"You should have realized, my now book-shaped love, that your mind is now a little frazzled from all this running you've been doing," she said, "But, I've always wanted to read you like an open book. Who knows, perhaps by the end of the page, I will do what I always do to books that I liked: read until the end, hug it... and then kiss it,"

And she opened the first page.

But when she did, a huge stream of confetti shot out and filled the air with scraps of paper. She was left with merely the cover of the book and Celestia noticed on the ceiling another Discord-shaped hole.

"Best I inform Cloudsdale to go easy on the rain the next few weeks..." she murmured, and pursued once again.


In the sculpture gardens...

"Discord?"

"..."

"I think you've exhausted yourself, my love,"

"..."

"Because you're disguising as a statue of yourself, And using your hands to hide your face, and that bulge isn't helping,"

Discord, in a stooped hunch with his hands barely covering his long face and enormous welt, un-stoned himself, lowered his hand and revealed in fact, a rage-filled face, complete with twitching right eye.

In a shaking rage and shaking hands and shaking welt, he screamed, "WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME MARE!!??"

Celestia looked concerned, "Firstly, Discord, I want to take you to the infirmary. Your injury is bigger than your eyeball now,"

He remained stubborn and looked away, "No," and flew away.

Celestia looked on. And when Discord flew a fair distance, Luna turned off her Incredibly Intricate Invisibility Spell.

"I must confess, big sister," she said, "Seeing Discord so confouded bringeth comfort to mine heart,"

"Well, he wouldn't be in such a mess if you didn't hit him so hard," she curtly replied.

"We wouldn't be in this mess at all if you didn't tell Mi Amora Cadenza about your confounded ex-boyfriend,"

"Leave Cadance out of this, Luna," Celestia sighed, "But my nostalgia for how things were when we were fillies has been growing more and more every passing year,"

"I understand. But what of Discord? Should I have the guards simply chase and capture him? Perhaps, it would be better if I hunted him down?" she asked.

"You stay away from him," she ordered sharply, "I didn't bring Discord back just so he becomes your striking bag. No guards either, who knows how he might fight back. Hmm... nostalgia... I do have an idea..."

"Let us hear it,"

"We do need the guards for this, and we need to lure him into the castle...


Discord was now chased by a bevy of pegasi guards, and typically he could run circles around such pitiable foes, but now he all he was thinking of was escape.

Then Luna teleported right in front of him.

"DISCORD, FACE ME LIKE A TRUE PONY!!" she bellowed with thunder and lightning.

"Oh come on!" he gasped, made a sharp right and flew even faster up around the many minarets.

And another platoon showed up and he made a another hard right turn.

He saw a balcony wide open and took the opportunity to zip right into it.

He flew in, and it was a humble purple colored room with a cosy fireplace, with a round deep purple rug, the kind you can sleep on, and a really big golden bolster around part of its circumference.

Hang on a moment, Discord realized, I believe I've been here before-

Suddenly the balcony doors slammed shut, the curtains were drawn in, leaving total darkness.

Then he realized who's room he was in.

"NO! You can't take me Celestia!!" He screamed, conjuring some little bags, "Stay back! I have chili powder and I'm not afraid to use them!"

"Really, Discord? Chili powder? I must say, it doesn't scream Discord, but then again, today has certainly been exceptional," Celestia's ethereal voice echoed throughout the room, "But do you know what is a trademark of yours, Dissy-kins?

"Your inevitable downfall?" he hissed.

"Nope, even better,"

The fireplace lit up a warm orange to reveal what has appeared before a chili powder wielding Discord: Celestia, without any crown jewels on her, splayed on her rug, lightly wrapped with a gleaming purple satin sheet, so light Discord could see her elegantly curved body, but she did leave a wing and a rear leg bare, and a single desiring eye looking at him out from her huge mane.

Around the rug now laid various objects, a large chocolate cake, two milkshakes, a hot pack and for some reason, a really large book.

The sight of that wonderfully timeless image, got Discord looking away, but his blush was much too bright.

She said in a low, attractive tone, "You used to do this a lot for me. Laying by the fireplace, good food that you personally made, and me coming into the sheets, laying by your side,"

And then popped went his little wings, right up, which made Celestia giggle. "Yes, that happens aplenty underneath the sheets as well. Now put those silly things away and lay by my side, and let me tend to that nasty bulge on your face,"

"Now you're just cheating, Celestia," he muttered.


Way, way, way back, by a fireplace in the old castle, Lady Celestia, much younger and with a pink flowing mane, and Discord the royal assistant head baker, was a lot closer to Celestia's size, with a shorter goatee and a fuller, less gaunt snout, so he looked a little more equine.

They laid with a sheet covering them, and Celestia was sleeping soundly. Discord gave her a light peck on the cheek, and slept as well.


"Yep, definitely cheating," he muttered, and honestly not sure what to do next. He could toss the bags of chili and escape again, but then again, he knew Celestia will protect him from anything Luna will toss at him. And that cake does look scrumptious.

Having no absolute power stinks, he thought.

"I'll take the hot pack for my face, and then I'm coming right back to this spot, away from- hey!" and Celestia ignored him completely and levitated him towards her.

"You put me down, Celestia," he ordered, but she plucked the chili bags away and tossed them aside, "Hey! I was gonna' use those on you!"

And she placed him fearlessly beside her, and wrapped him under the sheets a bit and let the magic go. He simply turned away, laid above the golden bolster and sulked hard. He wanted to jump out, but that will probably set off Celestia's 'plunger mode', so he'll just relax himself.

He levitated the hot pack to his face and laid it there. Steam literally emanated from that bulge and a wave of relief came from his body. "Oh, now that's relief..." he muttered.

Celestia sat up and said, patiently facing his back, "Feeling better now Discord?"

"... I'm not talking to you," he mumbled.

"That is quite alright, I'll let my hooves do the talking," she said, and laid her bare hooves onto his shoulders and began to massage his very sore body.

"Ack!!" he began, but as Celestia massaged, he uttered, "Ooooooh..."

"Your body is sore all over Discord!" she commented disapprovingly, "Should've just accepted my offer of talking hours ago,"

"Mmm... still not talking to youuuuu... oooooohhh..." Celestia hit a particularly sore knot, which actually brought a smile to Discord's face, which greatly pleased Celestia.

And after that, Celestia began a heart-to-heart discussion about their how their relationship would go from thereon.