• Published 31st Jan 2020
  • 3,183 Views, 459 Comments

The Master Mev - kazamacat



Rainbow Dash becomes a master magic-eating vampire, forms her pack, and works on managing magic with her new role. Friends help out of course. It's actually kinda awesome, all things considered.

  • ...
8
 459
 3,183

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 90 - Meeting


In Starlight Glimmer's room, Rainbow Dash at behind her Primeva. She began to kiss at Starlight's shoulder, working her way toward the unicorn's neck.

Starlight closed her eyes and moaned in pleasure.

"My Primeva," Rainbow said between kisses.

"My master," Starlight replied in turn.

"Ready, my love?" Rainbow asked. She had, indeed, taken to sprinkling the word on occasional exchanges with her fledglings, who appreciated it deeply.

Starlight smiled in content. "Indeed, I am." She chuckled. "As the outsiders like to say, 'dinner' is served."

Rainbow Dash bit right in, and Starlight soon bit back.

Afterward, she tried to grow bat wings, then looked at Rainbow Dash. "I felt it," she told Rainbow with a smile.

The master mev nodded and smiled as she replied, "I did too."

"Do you think it will take longer since I don't have wings?" Starlight wondered.

"Nah," Rainbow shook her head. "If it takes longer, it is a way to honor Fluttershy, so that her form is still special. We have changeling magic in the reserve now and Twilight in our pack. That helps."


Soon after, every usual pack meeting participant was ready. Chrysalis herself was invited in to discuss her particular case. She wore her new default look, as she was most comfortable in it around Team Awesome.

"You've made two friends among us and helped ponies through helping my friends," Rainbow announced proudly. "Our trip to Cloudsdale went smoothly enough, all things considered."

"Minimal tension with your parents," Sweetie Belle added from her notes.

"Princess Celestia knows of our having a connection to you here, even if not the details on the how and why of it," Rainbow continued.

Chrysalis nodded along without a word.

"So, you have reached the point where I will no longer require you to leave the building during a pack meeting though other than a point like this to talk about your specific case, you are still not allowed in the throne room," Rainbow Dash stated. "That applies to all outsiders but these three anyway." She gestured to indicate Spike, Sweetie Belle, and Discord.

"Very well," Chrysalis said with confident acceptance of the term. After all, she was a client on friendly terms with two of their number.

"Thank you for help with the play yesterday," Twilight said.

Chrysalis smiled modestly and gave a sincere, "You're welcome."

Rainbow examined Sweetie Belle's notes for her. "Let's take a break from the travels this weekend," she advised.

"That means you can party with me!" Pinkie Pie told Chrysalis with an eager grin. She pulled out her party cannon and gave it a blast. "We'll make even more cupcakes!"

"Chocolate," Chrysalis said quickly and simply as a demand.

"Oh alright, twist my forelimbs, why don't you?" Pinkie said and twisted them into each other as demonstration.

"That's it. You're dismissed," Rainbow Dash told Chrysalis.

"Might I still visit the Changeling Kingdom tonight anyway, as we've been doing?" Chrysalis asked.

Rainbow paused and saw no reason to deny it. "Sure," she said. Then she she bowed her head in Starlight's direction. "Primeva…"

Starlight nodded and teleported the two away before quickly returning by herself. The changelings had no objection to their former queen visiting again.


"Alright, let's get started on everything else," Rainbow Dash announced.

"I can't believe it's already been a week," Pinkie said. "But I guess that's good since if things keep moving so fast, the sooner we can thaw Penny."

"Let's go ahead and check in with her," the master mev advised.

Pinkie Pie whistled Penny out.

"Hi everyone," Penny said from her ice block.

"Hi Penny," Fluttershy replied in a sweet voice.

"How are you feeling and how's the flower?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"We're both good. Even though I'm not thawing yet, I can move a little more easily when I am out as more time passes during this month. I think this process is going to give me and Pinkie a power upgrade," Penny informed her.

Pinkie nodded with a grin. "Ice powers!" she clapped her hooves together excitedly.

"Cool!" Sweetie Belle couldn't help interjecting with an interested smile.

The mevs giggled at her word choice.

The unicorn filly blushed. The pun had been unintentional, but it still fit just fine.

"Well said, Rhezenda," Rainbow replied with an approving smile. "That's great news, Penny. You will have certainly earned it with all the help you're giving us."

"Thank you, Master," Penny said.

"Let's review the dates while you're out. Primeva…" Rainbow Dash turned to her first fledgling.

"Right," Starlight said with a nod. "Less than a month to go for making the potion and for it hopefully taking effect. We are three weeks and two days to be exact for when we mix it."

"Sweetie, has Apple Bloom had anything to add that we should be doing in the meantime?" Rainbow asked.

"We should probably redo the thing where we checked for the proper size the day before we start—just in case she grew at all since the last one," Sweetie Belle explained.

"I trust you can make the proper arrangements for that," the master noted.

Sweetie Belle smiled proudly. "Yes, of course Master."

"Moving on. Down the line," Rainbow stated. "Primeva, number one."

"I tried the bat form and felt a little something on the inside," Starlight announced.

"That's how it was with me when I started," Fluttershy informed everyone.

"You know, it is quite possible your power needed to complete first before the others could make this attempt," Discord added.

Rainbow rubbed a hoof thoughtfully to her chin. "Yeah, that makes sense."

"Much appreciated darling," Rarity said to Fluttershy, stroking at her own purple mane.

The canary-colored pegasus blushed. "It was something I wanted for myself, but I'm happy to share."

"Moving on, Master," Starlight began to change the subject, "I think we're far enough in our lessons that we don't need to do them every week—unless you have a particular thing you wish to learn at the time."

Rainbow blinked. It made sense though it still caught her completely off guard.

"I must agree," Discord stated. "You know how to properly and precisely imagine what you want your magic to do. Starlight and I can answer advanced questions, but I think the only thing we haven't taught you is how to shoot a blast of energy, which I certainly assume your instincts know. And frankly, your lightning is quite effective as is—perhaps even better."

Starlight nodded with a smile. "And I agree with that!"

"But I've only been at this for a couple of months. Didn't you and Twilight study magic for years?" Rainbow asked, still very much stunned.

"We did," Starlight assured her, "which is actually part of why you learned it so fast. Plus, your nocturnal reading time helped a lot. You know super advanced stuff, even if it only surfaces for when we might need it. You are different from a unicorn too."

"This just feels kind of sudden. Like a graduation," Rainbow muttered. She was not exactly convinced.

"My graduation as Twilight's pupil was sudden too. I've been there, but the time is right," Starlight assured her

A flash of nothing happened, and Discord groaned. "I hate it when I forget."

A graduation cap and gown appeared on Starlight Glimmer instead.

"Just pretend that's you," Discord said and gestured at Starlight while talking to Rainbow Dash. "Congratulations!"

He blew through a noisemaker he materialized for himself.

Streamers burst across the room.

Pinkie laughed heartily with her whole body and shot off her party cannon again. She made a huge gasp. "We should give Master a true graduation party!"

"Whoa," Rainbow waved her forelimbs, unsure of the idea. "They're still going to teach me. We're just scaling back."

"We can still celebrate!" Pinkie insisted. "C'mon, just a little party right here and now."

"'Little' huh? Right here and now? Better keep to that," Rainbow replied and folded her forelimbs. "Make it short," she ordered.

Pinkie giggled. "If you insist." She bounced away to return with drinks and balloons.

Rarity made a brief departure to return with a real cap and gown at her boutique that she loaned Rainbow Dash.

The swift party started and ended, as the entire group knew that it was a tangent from their usual meeting.

Back to business, Starlight Glimmer concluded her turn.

"Segunda, number two."

"We had a lovely time in Cloudsdale while I showed Chrysalis and the Awesome Crusaders around. Nothing else to report here," Fluttershy answered.

"Mitria, number three."

"Mainly just more time with our resident former changeling queen. I was right. She is quite adept at sewing," Rarity said.

"Fyra, number four."

"Still turning out to be a good cook for Chrysalis. Apple Bloom's doing well too, been studying with Zecora just like you asked," Applejack informed her master.

"Quintaza, number five."

"We covered everything I've got to report with Penny already. No Chrysalis time for me since she was off in Cloudsdale with you this weekend," Pinkie Pie explained.

"Rexa, number six."

"Thanks so much for all your help with my play yesterday," Twilight Sparkle said to her friends. "It is now connected to our mev selves since we called upon our natural elements for help. That's it from me," she told the others.

"Your turn, Master," Sweetie Belle said.

"I told my parents about my being a vampire, and they were umm...proud like they always are," Rainbow hesitantly said.

Sweetie Belle and Fluttershy giggled.

The others smiled at the thought.

"I think it's time I visited Tirek again," Rainbow said, "but let's have just one other mev accompany me."

"I'd like to be the one if that's alright with you, Master," Twilight announced.

"It is," Rainbow replied with a nod of approval.

Soon, Team Awesome concluded their meeting.

Rainbow Dash decided she and Sweetie Belle should head home to give her teachers a break on the night of her sort-of graduation.


The following Wednesday afternoon was when Rainbow Dash chose to visit Tartarus.

"Master Rainbow Dash," Tirek greeted Rainbow Dash with a smile and bowed.

"Lord Tirek," Rainbow bowed in return.

He glanced over to her sole companion for the trip, Twilight Sparkle. "I see you still don't wish to see me alone."

Twilight bowed and took several steps back to create some distance.

"Yeah, seems for the best. You hungry?" Rainbow asked.

Tirek drew near her. "Yes, Master, I am," he told her plainly.

Rainbow gave it some thought, trying decide which magic to offer and chose Fluttershy. Even though they did not exchange magic the day before, they did spend some time together. She blew out a small white orb of magic, which Tirek accepted.

"Airy," he remarked. "I suppose you're here to ask about the 'friend' thing."

"Actually, I thought we could try something friends and non-friends do first," Rainbow explained. She glanced Twilight's way. The wisteria alicorn magically lifted a box out from her saddlebags and levitated it over to her master.

Rainbow took it and placed it on her back. Her eyes flashed red as she quickly enlarged Tirek's cage and teleported herself inside it to join him. She took the box Twilight gave her and set it down. "Do you like to play games?"

"I don't exactly have much opportunity, being stuck in a small cage for eternity in Tartarus," Tirek stated dryly though he was fighting to hold back a smile.

"Perhaps you would like to use this opportunity," Rainbow said and gestured at the box with a hoof. "We simply name off positions and try to remove each other's items off the board. It's called Battlecloud."

Tirek scratched at his chin thoughtfully. "I suppose since it is rather boring in here, a game would be alright."

"Before we start, I have to warn you. I can be quite competitive," Rainbow told him.

Tirek snickered. "I'm quite sure I could handle it. We aren't 'friends', remember? It would actually seem appropriate given our current status. I won't take offense."

"Alright," Rainbow grinned. "You're going down!"

Tirek chuckled. "We shall see, won't we?"


"Ha! In your face!" Rainbow Dash boasted.

Tirek put a frustrated palm to his face. "Again?" he moaned.

"Four to three. Are we upping it to best out of nine?" Rainbow asked, rubbing her hooves together in earnest. Her wings flared out with pride.

Tirek sighed and shook his head. "No, no, I think I've had enough."

The blue-feathered wings suddenly slumped. "Really?" Rainbow asked in disappointment. "Was I…?"

"You're annoying, yes, but I did myself no favor by saying it was fine," Tirek said. "I am done with losing this game."

"I could give you some tips," Rainbow offered.

"That's quite alright," Tirek said.

Rainbow scrunched up her face but started putting the pieces back in the box quietly.

"You're more of a strategist than I thought," Tirek remarked, eyeing her carefully.

Rainbow smirked to herself.

"At least when it comes to a game," Tirek added and continued eyeing her to watch her reaction.

Rainbow looked his way. "Are you insulting me or complimenting me?"

"Both," he said with a teasing smile.

"Yeah, well, you're a loser." She stuck her tongue out at him. "But hey, you lost to me, so that's understandable."

Tirek cackled in amusement. "Are you this much of a pain as a friend?"

The pegasus shrugged. "I've learned to adapt on who needs what from me," she admitted and finished putting everything away. "Of course we both know the best way for you to really answer that question."

Tirek shook his head. "It's not going to be that easy. I appreciate the food and the game, but you can't bribe me into a friendship. Just remember, it was your idea to play a game before we discussed my answer."

"The game was for us to do something together. It sounds like you didn't even have much fun, so I'll drop it—or bring a different game next time," Rainbow noted.

"Next time?" asked a surprise Tirek.

Rainbow snickered again. "If you want me to stop visiting, I will. We don't have to be friends for a visit, obviously. And I am the only creature I know of that can feed you without hurting anyone else in the process."

"You do know I don't actually need to eat magic to survive," Tirek told her. "Otherwise, I'd be dead in here by now."

"Yeah, but magic tastes good," Rainbow said. "It does taste good to you too, doesn't it?" she asked to be sure.

Tirek nodded quietly.

"So, what's it going to be Lord Tirek?" Rainbow asked him cheerfully.

"Oh, I'm sure I'll be hearing from you again soon, whether I want to or not," Tirek noted, looking away in thought.

Rainbow raised her eyebrows at that. "Really? I can stop."

"Forget it," Tirek waved her off. "Yes, another visit is fine."

"Anything else?" she further pried.

Tirek hesitated. "I think next time will be the last time," he muttered.

Rainbow blinked. "As you wish," she said with a bow before leaving.

PreviousChapters Next