• Published 27th Dec 2019
  • 5,243 Views, 224 Comments

The Hero: Cozy Glow...? - SoloBrony



Cozy Glow defends truth, justice, and the equestrian way, despite everyone trying to arrest her. It's mostly because she has brain damage.

  • ...
8
 224
 5,243

MC Cozy

Golly. Breaking into the Canterlot Archives really wasn't all that hard.

The next morning, I'd woken up still sore from all of my recent exertion, but ready to tackle another day of super heroics. Except there were no emergencies to deal with, so I decided to train; since my biggest asset was magic, that seemed the natural focus.

But, having no books from which to study more magic, I decided to make some blank ones out of some nearby trees (in itself one heck of a magical exercise, no doubt about it) and snuck into the Canterlot archives to magically copy anything that seemed combat-magic related.

Security was surprisingly lax; 'Quillon' was able to basically trot right up to the library once I'd passed the outer security, and when a guard did stumble across me reading a restricted tome they just told me I must have gotten lost and to go back to my parents.

Of course, he checked my saddlebags, but the books in there clearly didn't belong to the library (I gave them all cheesy foal's book covers), and once I started pouting and saying I'd gotten lost looking for the kid's books he escorted me out.

No wonder Equestria needs heroes! Those guards are incompetent suckers!

And so I was sitting in Zecora's hut reading a book on self-enhancement spells when one of my gems went off.

Gee, already? This hero thing is really a full-time job! Oh well. At least I can try out some of the cool stuff I've been reading about.

I quickly donned my costume, prompting a concerned look from Zecora, who was preparing a skin lotion for somepony named 'Rarity' who just insisted on buying her beauty products from the zebra.

"Forgive me for delaying you with prattle, but are you again rushing off to battle?"

I grinned as I slipped on my cool lighting-patterned mask.

"Yup! And when I find those badguys they're going to be sorry, once I smack them so hard their vision turns all starry!"

Zecora chuckled at that, but then fixed me with a look of concern.

"Strong though you may be, you are still but a foal; are you sure such danger should be your goal?"

I waved off her concern while I struggled to get one of my rear legs into the spandex.

"Don't remind me I'm a foal, lately I've been on a roll. Whether ogre, dragon, or troll, every villain is going to pay the toll! I have to stand up to those who'd hurt, who'd kill, because if I don't, who will? It may be dangerous, but it's only when I face the danger I can grow; that's just my fate, because I am a hero."

Zecora held up a placard with a '6' written on it. I shrugged.

"Good enough."

And with that I teleported off to see what was causing a ruckus in Ponyville.

Author's Note:

You can either hate writing Zecora or you can just embrace it.