• Published 27th Dec 2019
  • 5,243 Views, 224 Comments

The Hero: Cozy Glow...? - SoloBrony



Cozy Glow defends truth, justice, and the equestrian way, despite everyone trying to arrest her. It's mostly because she has brain damage.

  • ...
8
 224
 5,243

Did you plan this, too, Twilight? Tell me!

I spun in place quickly, trying to figure out what had just happened. I felt a burning sensation from my horn, and rubbed at it with a hoof.

Did I just teleport?! Whoa! I thought only really powerful unicorns could do that! But it just came so naturally!

Something about the fact that I had powerful unicorn magic bothered me, like it was unfamiliar, but I couldn't quite put a hoof on it. Besides, everything was at least a little unfamiliar right now, so it didn't seem that important.

What did seem important was that someone had just tried to blast me, and I was now in spooky woods.

Why were those ponies trying to hurt me? How did I get into that mess? Wait...

It started to dawn on me that I couldn't remember anything about that fight or those ponies.

Or about where I was. Or who I was. I keeled back onto my flank and began to hyperventilate and tug at my mane.

Oh no... oh no... I can't even remember my name! Why can't I remember my name?!

Parents? Friends?! I can't even remember where I live!

I started to have a real freak-out then, until I felt a reflexive kick of self-reproach and clamped down on those emotions with determination and resentment.

Get it together... me! Don't be a weak little foal! Concentrate! You were fighting a bunch of wizards, right? So they must have cursed you with memory-loss!

I started to get my heart-rate under control and I tried to quickly turn that idea over in my mind.

It makes sense, but why would they do something like that? It was just such an unsavory thing to do. Only the most vile and wicked ponies would cast some sort of memory curse, right?

Wait... I have super-powerful magic...

I had been fluttering my wings in my panic, and I suddenly registered what their presence meant.

Oh gosh... I'm a princess! I'm some kind of powerful magical princess of Equestria! Hey, I remember what Equestria is! And if evil wizards got together in a big group to stop me, it must mean...!

I couldn't remember reading comic books, but I certainly remembered their contents!

I'm a super hero! And not just any super hero, but a really powerful one that it takes a big group of powerful villains to stop! And I got away! I can still save the day, or whatever!

There was a deep sense of satisfaction at how incredibly powerful and influential I apparently was, but it was overshadowed as I came back around to the fact that I was still lost in the woods with some kind of evil mage army on my heels.

Right, so if I'm a powerful super hero, and I have enemies who might come from anywhere... I need a disguise, and fast! And a secret identity, and a cool super-hero name!

I looked around, but the forest wasn't quick to provide a costume and disguise kit. Dumb forest didn't know its place. But that wouldn't keep me down; I just tapped into my awesome magical powers to try to whip up a disguise. Unfortunately, it seemed like I couldn't actually change my appearance that easily.

Fiddlesticks! How am I going to hide from the legion of doom or whatever if I don't have a disguise?

A little more playing around with my powers and I at least felt my mane change a bit. A little exploration of the forest I'd found myself in revealed a clear river nearby, and I poked my head over it to see the results.

Eww, a blonde flat-top? I look ridiculous, I'd stand out way too much!

A few more spells and I settled on a very unassuming bob-cut in my original color, and managed to change my coat color to an off-white color. Somehow, I just knew this appearance would let me fade into the background, totally forgotten and overlooked by everypony.

I wonder why I feel so sure about that. Oh, darn! I have both wings and a horn; somepony's bound to notice THAT. Hmm... well, the wings would be easier to cover up than the horn. But how?

Wait, if I'm above them, ponies can't see the horn. If I fly into a town, I might go unnoticed long enough to get some clothes, and then I can cover my wings with a dress or something! I should cover my cutie-mark, too.

That line of thought suddenly prompted me to look at my cutie-mark. I expected to find something epic, like a bursting star, or maybe something mysterious like a patchwork of stars, indicating my arcane power. Instead, there was just a boring chess rook.

Then again, in chess, rooks are power. And super heroes are all about being a bulwark against villains, right? So that's the idea! I'm like a castle, or the rook in chess; I lock things down and stand between badguys and the vulnerable ones they try to prey on! Pretty cool, I guess.

With that positive attitude, I took to the skies with an ease that surprised me; I had an uncomfortable sense, like I did when I first used my magic, that something was unfamiliar about this kind of powerful, easy flight. I shrugged it off and climbed far over the tree-line, scanning the horizon until I saw a nearby town.

Huh. Looks deserted, nopony around. The legion of doom, or whatever that group of angry wizards is called, must have terrified the populace into submission. They'll pay for messing with stuff under my protection! This is MY domain! I think.

But in the meantime, this is perfect. I can sneak in without anypony around to notice!

So I made my way around quickly to the businesses that had windows; I reasoned that a clothing shop would have a prominent display of some kind, and my reasoning was soon rewarded. I found a garish carousel-themed clothing shop at the center of town, and slipped inside. All of the dresses in the front were far too eyecatching for what I needed, but I did find a simple blue cloak in the back that fit my needs perfectly. It even had a hood that could hide my horn, if I wanted! Bonus.

I snagged some extra cloth, along with some cosmetic contacts to change my eye-color to a light blue; something about that just called out to me as perfecting my 'obscure background pony' look. I had other plans for the cloth. After all, what kind of superhero didn't have a cool costume? I bundled all of that up in a backpack and headed back out into the town, and considered my next move, and how I'd put a stop to the villains.

That's right! The legion of doom will rue the day they crossed... me!

Man, I REALLY need to come up with a cool superhero name. But first I'd better find somewhere to hide!

And so I set off back into the forest, figuring it made for as good of a secret super hero hideout as any. Boy, was I in for a surprise!

Author's Note:

Yes, those WERE Jojo's references. Get used to'em.