• Published 24th Dec 2019
  • 2,476 Views, 34 Comments

A Cuddle A Day - Devious Dazzle

  • ...
4
 34
 2,476

Thursday. Pinkie's Cooking Class!

You pulled the collar of your coat up higher. The wind outside was nearly bone-chilling, you could see the steam wafting off your breath with each shallow exhale. Indeed it was a gloomy day, the once clear blue skies now a dull shade of grey. You needed to get to your appointment soon, just a scoop of gloom stretched a long way in your opinion.

Amongst the colorless horizon stood one beacon of light. The quaint little paradise that in only a short while has become your home away from home. You felt safe amongst the miniature ponies within, each one able to bring out the best within your soul.

Without them you felt lost in a way, it was odd how just a few simple acts of friendship could turn somebody's world upside down. Walking up the adorable pathway to the front door, you paused to take a deep breath in growing excitement.

What unique pleasures awaited you today?

Clutching the copper knob in your hand, you gave it a firm twist to enter into the loving warmth within.

Just as soon as you entered colorful confetti exploded over your whole body. Dozens of scents bombarding you from every direction imaginable. Buttery biscuits, delectable cookies, and savory pies.

Blueberry, raspberry, and even chocolate.

Each smell better than the last. Looking ahead you could see a humongous white banner stretched humorously across the tiny room. Words written in oversized pink bubble letters and childish little scribbles.

“Thursday appointments are hosted by Pinkie Pie!
There goes the neighborhood!!”

“You're here, er mer gerr!!” A pure white pony performed a cartwheel towards you happily.

She gazed up to you with dark ocean blue eyes that nearly glowed. Her pink mane was in wild bouncy curls, bright pink in color with a scent of cotton candy wafting from her coat playfully. You noticed she was covered head to hoof in fresh flour, the room covered in dozens of tasty treats.

“Have you been cooking all day?” You asked curiously with a sly smirk.

“Nope, just an hour or so?” Pinkie tilted her head to the side cutely.

“Just an hour!?” Your jaw nearly hit the floor in awe, this pony was either crazy or extremely hyperactive.

“Neither, I'm just really good at baking.” Pinkie suddenly appeared at your side, lifting up her hoof to her muzzle as she whispered in your ear secretly.

“Did you just…” You try to speak only to have Pinkie bounce away giggling.

A pony shaped cloud of white left in her stead.

“Today we're going to have a baking class!” Pinkie swung open the oven door in a blur of pink, quick to fling out a platter of already frosted cupcakes.

“Uhh, cool?” You shrug in utter confusion.

“Just pick a treat, and we'll learn how to eat!” Pinkie zoomed over to the long yellow counter, flaunting her hooves across the lineup of sugary sweets.

You could see cherry cupcakes, peach cobbler, and apple pie.

“Everything looks so wonderful…” You lift your gaze outside the open window behind Pinkie, noticing how the dull horizon seemed to stretch endlessly across the sky.

“Is something wrong?” She let her ears twitch in place.

The pink equine skipped over before placing a tiny hoof on your hand, you lowered your gaze to meet her own. Giving her little hoof a tight squeeze, that alone earning a giggle from her cutely. “Have you ever felt that something was missing?” You gave a shrug to the equine casually.

“Oh, like when you forget sprinkles!?” Pinkie snorted, magically pulling out a cupcake with her spare hoof.

“Not quite.” You held back a chuckle.

“Well, I feel if something in your life is missing.” Pinkie lifted on hind legs, wrapping her hooves around you in a feminine embrace.

“Then take a little time to share a giggle or two!” She bounced upward in a swift motion, your arms instinctively catching the bundle of fluff with ease.

“Is it really that easy?” You hold her up closer like an oversized baby, giving the cutie a tender kiss atop her forehead.

Both ears fold back in delight. Pinkie snuggling closer in a sweet attempt to cheer you up, she could sense the grumpy grey cloud hanging over your head. She just wanted to sprinkle a few rays of sunshine over it, make all your worries fade away.

“ Laughter is the best medicine silly!” She placed her hoof over your heart with a smile.

Watching her curl into the world's cutest ball of cotton candy. You gave the little pony a tight squeeze, you just wanted to share a few close moments with somepony who could help you laugh. Your fingers scritching her floof as Pinkie snorted aloud, hand tracing over her round belly rubbing it in small circles tenderly.

Pinkie swayed her bouncy tail back and forth, the cotton candy curls tapping your leg joyously. Leaning in you touched noses with your newest friend, without so much as a warning, Pinkie playfully smooshed a purple cupcake against your lips.

You burst into an echo of laughter. Sweet frosting over your lips, tongue lapping up the treat with a coy smile. “Heehee, I knew a smile was hiding!” Pinkie wiggled out of your arms, walking over to her baking utensils beaming with optimistic pride.

“Now lazy boots, we're going to bake ourselves a delicious pie!” Pinkie let her eye wink deviously, you happily shuffling over to learn a new skill in the kitchen.

Both of you spent the next few hours trying to create a pie from scratch. It was quite an experience, to say the least, every mistake you made was fixed by Pinkie in a flash of mischief. Burnt crusts were dusted off, the overly mixed filling replaced with new ingredients somehow hidden in her mane.

Each mistake was just a chance to spend more time with a friend, a friend who never judged you for being wrong. A song of laughter in a dreary day overflowing with melancholy. But that was fine with you, even when the flat little shriveled pie was done baking.

You each shared a laugh, deciding to share the treat you both created from a cheerful afternoon of silliness.

It turned out to be the sweetest treat of all.