• Published 23rd Dec 2019
  • 2,135 Views, 58 Comments

Distant Shore - Artistkun



Sunset Shimmer found a mirror that has a cracked lapis lazuli gem behind it. She didn't know that the mirror had someone trapped in there

  • ...
6
 58
 2,135

Do it for her

Author's Note:

Sunset Shimmer was getting really tired of dodging all of Pearl's attacks. Lapis Lazuli was still finding behind the bushes, scared that Pearl might put her into a brand new mirror if she even helps Sunset.

"You humans really have fast reflexes. This is actually worth my time!" Pearl shouted as she almost stabbed Sunset with her spear.

"Are you nuts?!" Sunset did a black flip when Pearl had swung her spear.

"Stay still, human!"

"I don't want to hurt you, but it seems like you want trouble! AND STOP CALLING ME HUMAN!" Sunset shouted as she landed on the grass and dodged all of the Crystal Gem's moves really quick.

"Please, just listen to me!" Sunset pleaded and finally, Pearl had kicked her arm and sent Sunset flying towards a tree. The former unicorn's back had interacted with the tree, which made her groan in pain and landed on the dirt.

"Don't worry.... This will hurt a bit." Pearl raises her spear and she is ready to kill Sunset.

Sunset Shimmer felt something wet hitting her skin and looked up to see that it was raining. This was going to be hard for her because the rain was starting to pour really heavy, which made it hard for her to see Pearl. All she needs to do now is to trust her instincts and her ears.

You can do this, Sunset. This is for Lapis and she needs you. You need to protect her.

Sunset immediately rolled to the side before Pearl could stab her back. She gets back up and closes her eyes to let her instincts do the work. She sensed Pearl's spear coming towards her direction. Sunset kicks Pearl's spear and it landed on a tree near Lapis. The blue gem gulped nervously because it almost hit her.

Sunset Shimmer runs up to Pearl and starts punching her. Every move Sunset does, Pearl would perfectly dodge it. It's like she could predict her next move. Both of them jolted in surprise when they could hear thunder near them. Sunset was so distracted that she fell on the ground and Pearl's spear pointed at her forehead.

"Surrender now, Sunset."

"I don't even know why you attacked in the first place!" Sunset yelled and feared that the spear was getting close to her forehead.

"Please... Just tell me! I will do everything I can to fix it!" Pearl stopped and looked at Sunset.

"Garnet told me that a human is a danger to this planet and could kill every gem with her staff that has the power to shatter every gem and also kill humans. That human... is you. Your new power is so dangerous that you killed a gem! The only way to prevent that is to wipe out your existence!" Pearl points her spear close to Sunset's forehead.

"Killing isn't the solution to that! If I truly can kill your kind, then you can help me control it! To prevent that from happening. We can change that future. There's no need for violence, Pearl."

Pearl looks away and raises her spear to kill Sunset. The former unicorn closes her eyes and thought about Lapis. She had failed her. Now, she's here to die because of this prediction that Pearl told her. She was scared, what if that really happened in the future and would kill Lapis. She didn't want that.

A few seconds later, nothing happened. Sunset could feel someone hugging her, so she opened her eyes and saw Lapis Lazuli. Pearl was so shocked when she saw Lapis.

"La-Lapis? What are you doing?" Sunset asked, and Lapis glared towards Pearl.

"I can't believe you Crystal Gems will also kill innocent humans!" Lapis yelled and Pearl backed away a bit.

"I was just preventing that... human from killing us!" Pearl argued.

"Sunset will never do such a thing!"

"You don't know that!"

"She saved me from the mirror. The mirror you picked up from the Galaxy warp and you just threw me at the ocean when you thought I wasn't working! Sunset Shimmer saved me and treated me like an equal!" Sunset pulled Lapis close to her and Pearl couldn't believe that Lapis would care about a human.

"Pearl." Sunset stands up and carries Lapis on her back. Pearl puts her spear back inside her gem and looks at Sunset Shimmer.

"If this prediction of your friend is true, I swear that I will prevent it from happening. I can change the possibility and so that I won't hurt gems, especially Lapis." She smiled a bit when she could feel Lapis nuzzles her neck.

"I understand." Pearl walk past Sunset and the former unicorn watched as Pearl stand on the warp pad.

"Wait!" Sunset ran towards Pearl but the war pad activated, leaving Lapis and Sunset behind. She looks at the warp pad and decided to stand on it and see if it can work on them.

"Sunset, my gem..." Sunset puts Lapis down and looks at her.

"I just thought that it could work." Sunset said in an upset tone and presses her forehead against the blue gem. She didn't care about the rain that was pouring at above them. "I want us to go home."

"You mean your home?" Sunset pulls back and she could tell that Lapis is upset.

"It's your home as well, Lapis." The blue gem shakes her head and puts her hand on Sunset's cheek.

"I don't belong here, Sunset. Once I find a way to heal my gem, I can go back to where I came from. The place where I call my home." Sunset leans on Lazuli's touch and closes her eyes.

"I guess your right. You still have a place that you can call home. I understand and will help you heal your gems once we figure out how." Both of them shared a hug and Sunset sneezes.

"Are you okay?" Lapis asked and jolted in surprise when Sunset carries her like a bride. She ran towards the nearest tree and puts Lapis down. Sunset sneezes again and removes her leather jacket.

"It's getting cold. This tree will suffice." Sunset laid down and shivers a bit because of the rain. All Lapis could do is stare at the former equestrian shiver because she didn't know what to do.

She decided lay down and pull Sunset close. She smiled when she felt Sunset began to relax at her touch. She softly kisses Sunset's forehead and sleeps with her.