• Published 24th Dec 2019
  • 3,151 Views, 43 Comments

Nuclear: The Radioactive Changeling - TheRadioactiveChangeling



A Changeling has been to the past multiple times, and became radioactive. He also is over powered with guns and magic.

  • ...
6
 43
 3,151

Guess who's back...back in time...

After the crystalling, and a brief seminar where ponies met Nuclear, The crew got back aboard the train to head back to ponyville. At this time, Nuclear was with starlight discussing how time travel worked, and how the machine operated.

“So you’re telling me the machine basically teleports you to another realm?” Starlight asked.

“Pretty much. Afterwards, if you already haven’t yet, you imput the destination, either in a broad location, like just putting in ponyville or canterlot, or you could put it on exact coordinates. Than you select the date and time. It’s similar to many other Time machines from movies and comics,” Nuclear continued.

“So, what’s so different about it?” Starlight asked.

“From what I know, It was made by some dude named, like, time stopper or something. This happened in the post apocalypse world I told you guys about. Apparently, from what I was told, he was a scientist when his daughter got pregnant. Unfortunately, his daughter died after she had the baby, and both he, and his son-in-law had to take care of the baby. At age 16, the kid ended up being a nice girl, albeit a bit depressed as she never got to meet her mother. Time stopper overheard this and than spent his entire life trying to figure out time travel, in order to bring his daughter back. He cracks the code of it, however he is killed by some girl named sunny, who was a black market dealer in technology, and wanted the time travel equipment for herself. She would’ve gotten it too, if not for the fact that the son-in-law was a close friend of mine, and he knew my profession and my history. He called me over and I dealt with it easily, and as a thank you, the son-in-law gave me the machine. At the time, I didn’t want it, but than I realized I could fix all of this. But first, I had to return the favor. I brought back both the daughter and Time stopper to the future, so neither would die, than I went to the past to try and fix everything. As you can see, the latter hasn’t been very successful,” Nuclear concluded his story.

“Wow, that’s a mouthful. Wait, why did you bring the guys back. I mean, it was definitely the right thing to do, don’t get me wrong, but wouldn’t that be overwritten by you going back farther to fix things?” Starlight asked.

“Wow, overwritten. I really hate that word after Some villain kid started trying to erase a multiverse, and I had to help with it. You are right though. I wouldn’t matter If I go back, cause I’ll change it. You would’ve been completely right there, if not for the fact that these worlds aren’t really the same. You know about the multiverse theory, right?” Nuclear asked.

“Yeah? For every action done there’s an alternate universe created where the other action is done?” Starlight answered.

“Yeah, that’s kinda how this works. Basically, if I go back from a place in time, I’m not just going back in time, I’m travelling to an alternate world which is set back in time,” Nuclear explained.

“Wait, so there are 413 worlds where the apocalypse has happened?” Starlight asked.

“Probably more, but thing is that will all stop. See, this multiverse itself is on what is called a gestalt. Basically, if one thing major happens in one world, than it will happen in another, unless another world has another major event. Like, if discord breaks free from his statue, that has happened in a world before, and it will happen to another world after this one. Likewise for this scenario, if the apocalypse happens in one world, it’ll happen in this one, than the next, until something is done to stop it, hopefully being me. Heck, it might’ve already happened, and it just hasn’t reached this world yet. Something literally could’ve saved the apocalypse from happening 10 minutes ago, and we wouldn’t know until the day of the apocalypse comes,” Nuclear concluded.

“Huh. So, for all we know, the end of the world has happened, and resolved literally 2 seconds ago?” Starlight asked.

“Yep. It sucks not knowing everything, but no one, not even I, am omnipotent *Except the writer.* Well discord might be, but who knows,” Nuclear said as he broke the 4th wall again.

“Huh...So what did the machine look like?” Starlight asked as she looked at him weirdly.

“Hold on, let me get a piece of paper real quick,” Nuclear said as he pulled out a piece of paper to draw what the machine looked like.

*Draw a time machine here*

“Wow. That’s what it looks like,” Starlight said.

“Yep. Very cluttered and very decorative, but it works,” Nuclear explained the picture.

“Hey, whatcha guys talking about?” Rainbow said as starlight jumped at her appearing.

“We’re talking about time travel,” Nuclear said.

“Heh, you’d know about that, right Starlight! Heheh...heh. Sorry, wrong time?” Rainbow asked as starlight glared at her. Nuclear was confused for a minute.

“Oh, yeah, cause you were a villain that use the time travel spell to mess with the elements, right?” Nuclear asked as Rainbow was trying to silence him.

“Yes, that is very much so correct. Rainbow, why did you come over here anyway?” Starlight asked rainbow after she was calm.

“Oh yeah, the train conductor said that there was a delay. Something big was blocking the tracks,” Rainbow explained. “Come take a look.”

Rainbow led starlight and nuclear to the viewing window to see a giant object in the way.

“Wow...is the a meteorite?” Starlight asked no one in particular.

“Nuclear? You ok bud?” Rainbow said as he looked at her changeling friend, who was currently agasp.

“Oh, I’m fine. We’re all fine. We’re all gonna be fine now. That, my dear friends, is the capsule which contains the machine!” Nuclear said as he hopped out the window.


After everyone was out of the train, Nuclear happily lead them all to the “meteorite.”

“Ok, so you said that this was the machine, right? It sure looks like a space rock,” Rainbow said as they all walked around it.

“No, I said this was the capsule to the machine. Give me a second,” Nuclear said as he lifted his front right leg. His front right leg has a holographic watch on it, which could interfere with electrical sources. He tapped a few buttons, and voila, the space rock split in half, leaving everyone, except for nuclear, in awe.

“Pretty cool eh?” Nuclear said as he extended the ramp to the inside. “...Well, come on then, I’m not gonna wait 12 years for you, get on!” He yelled as they boarded the vessel.

“WOW! This place is incredible!” Pinkie shouted as she saw the interior of the vessel.

“Yeah, I really like this thing,” Nuclear said as Twilight clutched her forehead.

“Wait...I...I feel like I’ve been here before. Wait...you! I remember you nuclear! From like 4 years ago, You helped us against Super Tirek!” Twilight suddenly shouted, confusing most of the people in the room.

“Yeah...wait, I remember him from the changeling hoard. He pulled out his guns and practically mass murdered all of the changelings!” Rainbow also shouted, nuclear now realizing.

“Oh...Great. I know what I have to do now,” Nuclear said as he slammed his head against one of the tentacle structures.

“What...How do I just now remember you?” Twilight said as nuclear kept smacking himself.

“Time travel my dear, you get used to it. Apparently, I had fought both a changeling hoard and super tirek in your memories, but I hadn’t done anything yet. I feel like only starlight will get this, cause I explained how this thing works,” Nuclear said.

“Yep, I’m following you. I mostly get what you’re saying. What nuclear explained to me is, this machine basically doesn’t time travel, It travels to alternate universes that are in the past. When it does this, Whatever major happens in that universe, is GOING to happen in all the other universes, cause they are connected by what is called, a gestalt,” Starlight summarized what nuclear had thought her.

“I’m proud of starlight for getting how this incredible complicated and frustrating machine works,” Nuclear said as he hung his hoof around her.

“There’s one thing I don’t get though. Why do they remember this now, right as we are stepping into the machine?” Starlight asked.

“Ahh, that is a good question. Basically, since this machine is the reason to the disruption of time, If something happens in another world that had more than one person, pony, or creature, if they step into this machine, they basically gain that knowledge. It’s sort of like a radio broadcast with a weak signal. You get the either the small of big details, but never the entire thing,” Nuclear explained. There was a silence for a while.

“Soo...what do we do now?” Applejack asked after a while.

“Well, I know what I have to do. I have to go back in time fight the monsters of the past. Anyone got a notepad or scroll with all the major villains they’ve faced?” Nuclear asked, with spike snapping his fingers.

“I do! I kept a scrapbook of any major villains we’ve face, with strengths and weaknesses. Here you go!” Spike said as he pulled out a spiral scrapbook, containing detailed drawings of the villains and monsters they’ve faced.

“Alright, this is good. I’ll try to be back as soon as I can be,” Nuclear said, confusing the crew.

“Wait, if you have a time machine, what do you mean as soon as I can be?” Rainbow asked.

“That’s...That’s the joke,” Nuclear said as he facepalmed. “Alright, get back on the train guys. I’ll be back at the castle, before you know it,” Nuclear said as he hassled the ponies out of the machine, and closed it up.

“Alright, let’s get this thing going. Who’s first on the list?” Nuclear said as he opened up the scrapbook.

Nightmare Moon
Discord
Chrysalis
Sombra
Tirek
Starlight Glimmer (She was bad before)

“Ok. Nightmare moon. Spike, what did you have on her?” Nuclear said as he opened the nightmare moon profile chart.

”Nightmare Moon. The Embassy of the night. This was also when Twilight and her friends discovered that they were the elements of harmony.” The passage read.

“Ooh, can’t do that one. Way to important to the timeline. I’m not doing discord either. That guy was a pain the last time we debuted. Who’s next?” Nuclear said as he looked at the list, and smirked.

”Queen Chrysalis, You’re about to meet with a terrible fate.”

Author's Note:

So, we got the grudge match going on in the next chapter.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter of Nuclear.

See you next time guys. TheRadioactiveChangeling, signing out.