• Published 23rd Feb 2020
  • 5,009 Views, 382 Comments

Regression: Isekai of Equestria - JackofEquestria



Jack was once a rising senior at CCU, but now he and a large chunk of South Carolina have been sent to Equestria and to top it off he's been turned into a 7-year-old.

  • ...
61
 382
 5,009

PreviousChapters Next
Prologue Chapter 2 (Last Edited: 3/17/2022)

June 3, 2020
Canterlot

A week had passed since the Nightmare Moon incident, and Princess Celestia was pleased to have her little sister back. She had just finished raising the sun for the day and was wishing her sister a pleasant sleep.

“Sleep well, Luna,” Celestia said as the dark blue alicorn exited the throne room.

"Thank you, sister, thou art too kind," Luna replied, feeling grateful to be allowed back into the royal family.

As Luna left, a royal messenger pony galloped into the throne room.

"Princess Celestia, I have an urgent message from the Celestial Sea!” panted the messenger.

“Speak, my little pony,” asked Celestia.

"The Second Fleet reports that they have encountered a mysterious landmass off about a hundred miles offshore from the Hayseed Swamps," the messenger informed.

"How large is this landmass?" asked Celestia.

"According to preliminary reconnaissance estimates, roughly 10,000 square miles," the messenger replied.

"Your report is most appreciated," Celestia replied. "Please inform Commodore Sea Salt that I'm sending a team in to investigate."

"Right away, Princess," the messenger said as he rushed out of the room.

This could be a great friendship-building opportunity for Twilight Sparkle. I'll send her and her friends to investigate this landmass," Celestia thought. "Still it's quite troubling that a landmass of that size hasn't been charted yet.

Using her magic, she grabbed a quill and began writing a letter to her pupil.

Dear Twilight,
I hope your studies on the magic of friendship are going well. I have an assignment to help you and your friends get closer. An uncharted landmass has been sighted off the coast of the Hayseed Swamps. I’d like you and your friends to investigate.
Good luck,
Princess Celestia.”

Golden Oak Library

As Spike slowly rose from his slumber he could feel a gassy pressure rising in his throat. With a stream of green flame, a scroll appeared from his mouth. “Twilight!” he yelled.

"What is it, Spike?!" Twilight asked rushing into the room.

"Princess Celestia sent you a letter. It looks important," he answered.

Twilight levitated the letter over to her and began to read. Upon finishing, she told Spike to pack her bags for a short trip. She then went to find the rest of the Mane Six. As Sugarcube Corner was the closest to the library Twilight decided it would be best to get Pinkie Pie first.

Sugarcube Corner

“How ya doing, Twilight? Here to eat some delicious sweets?” Pinkie asked from behind the counter as the purple unicorn walked in.

"Not today, Pinkie. I've just received a letter from Princess Celestia, saying that we need to investigate an uncharted landmass,” Twilight replied

“Sounds fun! I’ll go tell the Cakes that I’m leaving!” Pinkie said in excitement.

As Pinkie Pie went to tell the Cakes where she was going, Twilight decided to get Applejack next. As soon as Pinkie got back, they headed to Sweet Apple Acres.

Sweet Apple Acres

When the two friends arrived at the Apple Family farm, they found Granny Smith dozing on the porch.

“Granny Smith, could you tell us where Applejack is at the moment?” asked Twilight.

The elderly mare was in a deep sleep and didn’t hear Twilight’s question.

"I don't think she heard me," said Twilight to Pinkie Pie.

"Don't worry, I got this," Pinkie said.

“What are you go…” Twilight said before being cut off by Pinkie.

"WAKE UP!!!!," shouted Pinkie.

“Soup’s on!” exclaimed Granny Smith as she woke up.

Seeing Pinkies methods as a possible health hazard to the old mare, Twilight began to scold her. “Pinkie, you can't treat the elderly like that. You could have given her a heart attack!"

“Who are ya calling elderly, young mare? Ah’ll have ya know Ah’m in mah prime!" Granny Smith exclaimed in offense.

"I'm so sorry, Granny Smith!" exclaimed Twilight.

"Well, don't let it happen again!" Granny Smith snapped. “What brings the two of ya tuh Sweet Apple Acres tuhday?”

"Princess Celestia sent me a letter about a strange landmass she wants us to investigate. We came here to find Applejack," Twilight explained.

“Applejack's out buckin' the East Orchard with Big Macintosh right now. Ah'm sure she'll be happy to help ya," said Granny Smith.

Twilight and Pinkie then departed for the East Orchard. They soon found Applejack and Big Macintosh in the middle of their apple bucking.

“Applejack!” shouted Twilight.

Noticing her friends, Applejack took a break from her work to talk to them. “Howdy, Twilight! Howdy, Pinkie! What brings Y’all here today?”

“Princess Celestia has given us a really really really important mission and when we're done I'm going to throw a big mission success party and it's going to be AMAZING!" Pinkie said rapidly in excitement.

“Slow down there, Pinkie! Twilight, Ah don’t suppose ya could make sense out of what Pinkie was sayin'?” Applejack asked.

"Princess Celestia sent me a letter asking us to investigate a strange landmass off the coast near the Hayseed Swamps," Twilight explained.

“Ah don’t know Twi. Ah have an awful lot of work tuh do today," Applejack replied with a frown.

Overhearing the conversation, Big Macintosh walked over to the mares, “Sis, why don’t you let me do yer work fer today while you go hang out with yer friends?”

“Ya sure that's ok, Big Mac?" asked Applejack.

“Eyup!” Big Mac answered.

"Alrighty then, Ah suppose we should be gettin' on our way," said Applejack.

"We need to get the others first, since Carousel Boutique is the closest, I think we should get Rarity next," explained Twilight.

“If’n ya say so Twilight," replied Applejack.

Carousel Boutique

When they arrived at the boutique, Twilight knocked on the door.

"Yes, yes, I'm on my way darling," said a posh voice from inside.

After about thirty seconds, the door opened, and out came Rarity in an elegant dress. “What a pleasant surprise!" She exclaimed. "I was just about to model some of my newest dresses. It will be much easier with the three of you here!"

“We don’t have time fer yer fru fru dresses right now, Rarity," Applejack scoffed. "Twilight says the Princess has summoned us fer an important job!”

“Really? What could the princess possibly want me for?” asked Rarity.

"Princess Celestia says she wants us to investigate a strange landmass off the coast of the Hayseed Swamps," Twilight answered.

“Nopony's ever seen it before just think of the possibilities it could be the lost kingdom of Saddleantis or it could be the work of aliens or…!" Pinkie said before being cut off by Twilight.

“Pinkie, Saddleantis, and aliens aren't real," Twilight groaned.

“That’s just what they want you to think!” exclaimed Pinkie.

"Ugh, let's just go get Rainbow Dash," sighed Twilight.

Rainbow Dash's Cloud House

They soon arrived at Rainbow Dash’s cloud house on the outskirts of Ponyville.

“RAINBOW DASH!” Twilight shouted up at the house.

Two minutes went by before Rainbow Dash finally flew down. "S'up?" she greeted.

“What took you so long?” asked Twilight.

"NOTHING!" shouted Rainbow Dash, avoiding eye contact with the others.

“Okaaaay?” said Twilight in confusion.

"Anyway, what are you all doing at my house?" asked Rainbow Dash, trying to change the subject.

“Princess Celestia has a task for us to complete,” Twilight answered.

"You mean like a quest! That's got to be at least twenty percent cooler than what I was doing. I'm in!" exclaimed Rainbow Dash. “So, what are we doing? Slaying a dragon, infiltrating an enemy country, fighting another mega-powerful villain threatening Equestria?”

“Slow down there, Rainbow! Twilight says the Princess wants us to explore a strange island off the coast," Applejack explained.

"Well, what are we waiting for then? Let's go!" said Rainbow Dash.

“We still have one more pony to get," said Twilight.

“Who else could the Princess possibly want?” asked Rainbow Dash.

“Fluttershy of course," replied Twilight.

Fluttershy’s Cottage

The five ponies arrived at Fluttershy’s cottage, and Rarity politely knocked on the door. “Fluttershy, come out please, we need to speak with you!"

The door swung open slowly. “Um, y-yes?” Fluttershy asked timidly.

“Fluttershy, Princess Celestia has requested that the six of us investigate an uncharted island that was just spotted in the Celestial Sea," Twilight explained.

"U-uncharted? You mean like n-nopony has ever seen it? I don't know, Twilight, that sounds s-scary," Fluttershy stuttered, hiding her face behind her mane.

"But this is a request from Princess Celestia. You can't just refuse," said Twilight.

“I’ve got this!” said Pinkie. "Think of all the animals that nopony has ever seen before! You could be the first pony ever to make friends with them!”

"W-well, when you put it that way…" Fluttershy started.

"Great, let's go!" shouted Rainbow Dash as she grabbed Fluttershy and headed for Twilight’s Balloon.

Unknown Landmass

June 4, 2020, Human Time

The Mane Six had been floating over the strange landmass for about 3 hours. Much to the surprise of Twilight, it wasn't barren, as would be expected from the seafloor rising, but instead had forests and settlements scattered throughout.

"So much for my theory that the landmass was the result of geological activity," stated Twilight. "But how else could an island this big go undetected?"

"Enough with the egghead theories, Twilight!" exclaimed Rainbow Dash. "Let's get down there and explore!"

“Alright, I think we should split up," said Twilight. "I've charted out six points of interest, one in the large settlement to the North, three in the larger urban area in the center, one in the smaller urban area to the south, and one in the rural area to the west. I'll take the target to the North, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and Rarity will take the targets to the center, Pinkie will take the target to the south, and Fluttershy will take the target to the west. If anypony finds anything, just say I found something, and everypony will be teleported to you," she explained.

Twilight then teleported each pony to their respective targets.

Twilight Sparkle’s Target

When Twilight Sparkle arrived at her target, the first thing she noticed were dozens of strange metal vehicles crashed along a large pathway made of an unknown stonelike material. She quickly jotted her findings down into a notebook. Upon looking at the complex of buildings she came to investigate, she saw a sign which read Coastal Carolina University.Excellent! A university will have a library where I can read up on this civilization."

As Twilight searched for the library, she noticed strangely shaped clothes scattered around the campus. “What happened here?

Soon Twilight arrived at a building labeled Kimbel Library."Good, I'm here."

Rainbow Dash’s Target

Rainbow Dash was teleported in front of a large gate. Like Twilight, she noticed the crashed vehicles and scattered clothing. However, unlike Twilight, these things did not interest her. Her attention was on the sign by the gate, which read Joint Base Charleston: Authorized Vehicles Only. Thinking this looked promising, she flew up into the air to get a view of the entire base. What she saw was jaw-dropping, it was the biggest landing strip she had ever seen, even the one at the Wonderbolt's headquarters wasn’t a quarter the size. “Wow!” she exclaimed, her mouth agape in awe.

It was then that Rainbow Dash noticed seventeen large gray vehicles and decided to investigate. As she got closer, she noticed the vehicles had large angular wings as if they were designed for flight. She soon reached the nearest one and found a large opening in the back. As she ventured inside, she noticed several uniforms and picked up the nearest one. United States Air Force.

Applejack’s Target

Applejack was teleported to a wooded area along a road made of the same strange rock as where Twilight and Rainbow Dash were transported. Unlike her friends, she only saw a few crashed vehicles. She looked over to the side of the road where she saw a gate and a sign reading Middleton Place. Upon reading further, she discovered it was a plantation."Plantations are like fancy farms, and where there's a farm, there's got to be a farmer."

As Applejack walked through the plantation, she noticed a flock of sheep. "Pardon me, but could any of ya point me in the direction of the owner of this here plantation?" she asked politely.

“Meh,” was the only answer she received.

“What in tarnation!?” exclaimed Applejack.

Soon she noticed some horses attached to a carriage. “Sirs, could one of ya point me tuh the owner, please?"

The two Stallions gave no response.

“Now Ah don’t know why everypony here is so rude, but Ah asked a question, and Ah reckon a yes or no ain’t too much tuh ask fer," she stated with an irritated glare.

Staring into the nearest stallion's dark brown eyes, Applejack was struck with a stunning realization. “Ya can' understand me, can ya?” she said to herself. “What’s goin' on here?”

Rarity’s Target

Rarity teleported in front of a large building. The ground she stood on was made of the same strange stone material as the roads the other ponies encountered, and parked all around her were more of the peculiar vehicles the others had encountered. She looked up at the building and noticed a sign saying Northwoods Mall.

"Well, I suppose this will be a good place to start," she thought to herself.

As she entered the building, she was amazed at what she saw… Clothing stores as far as the eye could see.

“Oh, what a wonderful place this is! However will I decide which store to pick first?” Rarity said out loud.

Eventually, she settled on a store called Hot Topic.

Hmm, the clothes in here are a little creepy, but I simply adore how they’ve put all these pictures of strange creatures on them,” she thought.

Pinkie Pie’s Target

Pinkie's target was a small building. Unlike the other ponies, she didn't pay much attention to the surroundings of the building and went straight inside. What she found inside the building filled her with delight. The front of the room was filled with kazoos and other toy instruments.

“THIS PLACE HAS KAZOOS OUT THE WAZOO!” she yelled in excitement.

After grabbing more instruments than should be physically possible, Pinkie left some bits on a counter and ventured further inside. To her delight, there was even a small exhibit dedicated to the history of kazoos.

“THIS IS THE BEST PLACE EVER!!!” she shouted with glee. “Wait a minute!” she said as her eyes narrowed. “Why does this exhibit say the kazoo was invented in Georgia? Everypony knows the kazoo was invented in Saddleanta!” she wondered out loud.

Fluttershy’s Target

When Fluttershy arrived at her target, she noticed the same stone pathway as the other ponies and the same vehicles (although the ones she saw were in far worse crashes than any of the other ponies had seen.) However, what caught her attention was a sign that said Santee National Wildlife Refuge.A wildlife refuge! I wonder what adorable animals I’ll find here!

As Fluttershy wandered through the wildlife refuge, she came across a white-tailed deer. "Excuse me, Mrs. Deer! Could you tell me where I am?" she asked.

"You are in the forest," the deer answered.

"I know I'm in a forest. I meant what is this island called," Fluttershy responded.

"What are you talking about?" the deer asked. "This isn't an island. Islands are in the lake."

Fluttershy was about to ask more when she noticed smoke rising over the tree line. “Oh no!" she exclaimed.

Without another word, Fluttershy rushed toward the smoke to try and save the animals in the path of the fire.

Author's Note:

Next time: Fluttershy and the Main Six encounter a strange ape.

PreviousChapters Next