• Published 25th Dec 2019
  • 4,943 Views, 10 Comments

The Secret Tempest - BradyBunch



Captured by Tempest Shadow, you are commanded to spill classified information to her. But your secret involves her.

  • ...
14
 10
 4,943

A Shadow Lifted

Hmm. Ah, goody. You're here at last.

Guards, take that gag off him and leave the tent. This is a private matter. I can handle myself around a bound prisoner.

...Good. Those lumbering oafs are finally gone. Stupid hairy things. A wooden cutout would be a more effective guard!

But, brain-dead as they are, they captured you. Which means they're either more effective than I thought… or you are the worst spy in the world.

Here's the deal, human, I want some answers. You were caught sneaking into the Storm King's camp. Tell me, who are you, exactly? A spy for Celestia? Or are you more… independent?

Hmm… Your tongue is quick. Ha. You're absolutely right. No spy would reveal they're a spy. I'll get nowhere on this tack. So how about this. You tell me what you found out, and depending on your answers, I might consider releasing you.

Ha ha ha! Oh, I can see that hopeful, defiant look in your eye. Don't try to lie about it. I have methods of retrieving my information. No one gets around it.

Hmm? You'll just tell me? Ha. Some spy. By all means, spill your precious secrets, or the Storm King will spill your guts.

...What?!

How did you-!

My dossier? Give me that! How did you find this? How much did you see?

What do you mean, enough?

My background? Pssht. That isn't important. Not to you or Celestia. You… must have been after strategies or troop movements! This was a mistake on your part!

No?...Well, why were you specifically looking for this?

Pity. Pity?! You dare to have pity on me? I don't need your pitiful love, and I'm sure I don't deserve it either!

...I mean, human, that I'm a monster to Equestria, the lieutenant of its greatest enemy. Did the princesses really think that I would be valuable to them? Why would Celestia care so much about me that she decided to send you?

Of course it's classified. Great. What about you, then? What makes you think… that I need your help?

...My past…?

Yes, yes, I know the details! Stop trying to tell them to me.

I'm not sure why I'm worth saving, though. I seemed to be pretty worthless back then. What's the difference now that I'm working for the Storm King?

Oh… I see. I'm a lost soul.

Tell me, human, why was I lost? Because of myself? Or because of those who abandoned me?

Friends are flawed. And anyone who needs friends to stand on their own is weak. Never depend on others for your strength. There is always strength within yourself. Most ponies simply lack the will to wield it. And I believe I've made it abundantly clear that I have both the will and the power to mold others around me into my vision. You are an anomaly that got lucky with finding my secrets. What do you feel now that you know it all? Is it still pity?

...Regret?

That I didn't expect. What are you so regretful about?

Do not talk about missed opportunities to my face, human. I will not have you declare a better road than the one I'm on. The safest path I tread is the one I create.

Glad to see you agree. Now get out of my face and run to Celestia. I never want to see you back here again.

What now?

My… life? What do you mean?

Ugh. I have a better life than you could ever imagine. I am fighting a winning war under the service of the creature who took me in. My life is looking up right now. A wound from the past turned into a scar, but that scar has reminded me of the true value of letting others close to you. It'll just harm you.

...Well how did you manage to make it work, then?

Forgiveness? Mercy?! That's a coward's way out of conflict. Stand up to your challenges and defy them instead of worming away!

Celestia won't fully forgive me, no matter how much you reassure me otherwise. What were you sent to do with this information now that you have it?

A… hug. Are. You. Serious?

...Well, if it'll shoo you away, hurry up and do it!

Mm! Hey!

I-!… I…

...You're soft.

What's going on? Why is my heart getting faster when you hug me instead of slowing down? I-it isn't working. Do you suck at hugs?!

Ulp! This-!

...This is nice, I suppose.

When? Uh, I can't remember the last time I was hugged. Snuggles aren't common in the Storm King's army, you know. He hates cute stuff like rainbows and colors and butterflies and hearts. It's like he's trying to hide the fact that they exist.

Hey… now that I think about it, the Elements of Harmony are the purest forms of magic. And they're essentially the representations of… guh, friendship. But if the Storm King wants absolute magic so badly but hates friendship, he's rejecting power. He's… following a paradox!

I'm… following a paradox...

… *sigh* Could you hug me a little tighter?

Ah! Mmm… What is this? The harder you do this, the… better I feel. It's like you're a winepress, squeezing out the things inside of me. I feel trapped, but secure. Like I can't move, and all I can do is relent… and accept what you have to offer. All this time, I needed to be a stone to be strong, but, all of a sudden, I'm getting this nagging feeling… that you don't have to be cold and hard to be strong. You can be soft. And warm.

Ah…

Why I'm hugging you back? Because it's unlike the enemy to go without retaliation. Feel my strength, spy!

There you have it. What you give is what you get, human. Firm hugs for firm hugs. It's only fair, after all.

...You know, I could crack your spine in half and shake it like a glow stick, if I really wanted to.

Why not? Ha ha ha ha! Because I don't want you bleeding all over my floor and on myself. Idiot. Besides, you're valuable. To me.

Ugh, how did I end up like this after just a few minutes? The great Tempest Shadow reduced to pudding in your arms. Either I'm less stubborn than I thought… or you're better at your job than I thought you were.

Now that I think about it… was it your intent to get captured in the first place just to try and sway me to your side in a few minutes?

You little snake. Fooled me every step of the way, I'll admit it. Not many souls can say that. You should feel proud of yourself.

I… admire that.

...You know, if anyone would walk in on us, they'd freak out and kill both of us.

...You should take that as a hint to leave discreetly.

Don't worry, though. I'll see you again in the future. I'm not ready to switch sides right now at the moment, but you… planted the seed, I suppose. As to our next meeting… I look forward to catching you more and more in your line of work, shall we say.

Good luck, and goodbye, human.

...What am I doing?!

Comments ( 10 )

This is a new way of writing?

I like it!

A very fun a cozy read!!

:rainbowkiss:

10003644
There are plenty of other stories like this, if you like it!

Daaaaw poor wittle Tempest. She needs some love.............

Another great installment! I had no idea how you could possibly pull off a Tempest ASMR-fic, but lo and behold, I found myself pleasantly surprised. Well done again, Brady!

Although, one minor thing I'd like to point out, and I kind of feel a little weird drawing attention to it. This line right here:

I can handle myself around a bound prisoner.

And yet the reader is able to give her a hug a little ways down the line. So either she untied him/her, or the power of cuddles defies all logic.

10004162
The power of cuddles is indeed strong, but when Tempest commanded him to leave the first time, she unbound him. It'd be hard to leave with your hands tied, and she did technically free him, so...

Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed it! This was a bit of a challenge to me as well. Post-or-pre-reformed Tempest? What situation? What relation am I to Tempest? How would she respond to affection?

10004165
Yeah, honestly, I assumed you were gonna go for post-reformed Tempest. I thought that was the only way it could really work, but...I guess I was wrong. And given the end results, I have no problem with that. :)

Great job ?do another tempest shadow story in the future

Lots of hugs in this story.

Hey… now that I think about it, the Elements of Harmony are the purest forms of magic. And they're essentially the representations of… guh, friendship. But if the Storm King wants absolute magic so badly but hates friendship, he's rejecting power. He's… following a paradox!

When the villian's motivation is so flawed that a moment of contemplation results in them using "Talk No Jutsu" on themself.

Genuinely laughed because of that. The dialogue was enjoyable the whole way through for various reasons. Thank you for this.

Okay, I adore this! Tempest slowly melting to the human is something I never knew I needed. I’m not sure if you have or plan to write a sequel to this story, but if not, could I get permission to write one? I’d love to detail my own version of the “second capturing” of this “spy”. Hehehe

Login or register to comment