• Published 26th Aug 2012
  • 1,119 Views, 131 Comments

Blaze - Blazing_Mane01



The ponies embark with the mysterious Blaze to unravel his past.

  • ...
10
 131
 1,119

Chapter 22.) Innocent Smile, Unknown Intentions

I gulped. And all that time, Ivory truly did want me, but she also wanted to manipulate me into it... She probably thought that I never loved her. Whatever the reason, she lied to me. I shut the book in anger.

All she had to do was ASK! I take some deep breaths. I'm losing my temper... I just couldn't accept it all at once. And now my insides are on fire...

"All because she couldn't just pony up and ask!" I stomped.

The train was stopping. I turn my head quickly toward the window. Once I saw the colorful buildings of Ponyville, the heat began to subside. I smiled. This cheery place is the best place in Equestria, in my opinion.

It's also a pretty good weapon.

Knock knock. "Good morning, sleepyhead. We've arrived at Ponyville!" Ivory said.

I frown, but I keep a cheery tone, "All right, thank you."




"And that's Carousel Boutique." I point at the decorated building.

It's been half an hour since we arrived here. I've already shown Ivory around everywhere else, and Rarity's locale was the only place she hadn't been introduced to. Everypony was following us, but when we arrived at their respective homes, they stayed there, lowering the party of eight to seven, then six, up to where we are now; three. Since Faded Ivory isn't a pegasus, Rainbow Dash pretty much just left without a second thought.

Ivory jumped. "Oh my gosh! I never knew such colors ever existed!"

"Yeah, Rarity does a rediculously great job at fashion design. Ya gotta give her credit." I look back at Rarity, who was following us somewhat closely, and wink at her. In response, she raised a forehoof to her chest and laughed quietly.

"Absolutely! Awesome job, Rarity!" Ivory also congratulated the white pony.

"Well, thank you both! It is rather stressful at times, but it always pays off in the end, which is one of the many things I love about it!"

"Well," I turn back to Faded Ivory, "that's pretty much it. Since you don't have wings, I can't show you Clouds Dale, so... Yeah, that's the 'grand tour' of Ponyville. I'm sure anypony here wouldn't care to have you as a guest until you can get your own dwelling. You got a preference?"

"Mmm..." she looked to the side while she thought, "I think I wanna stay with Applejack. After living in a village my whole life, a farm is probably the next closest scenario."

"All right. Sounds reasonable. "

She smiled. During so, my thoughts wander back to her diary. I return a nervous smile of my own. Who knows what that innocent smile is concealing? She probably thinks that she still has things under control...

"Well, uhh, you remember how to get there, right? You go on ahead. I'm... gonna stop by the hospital, see if I can't help with anything." I shrug. Time to make her suspect she's only now losing control of the 'game.'

She frowned. "Uhh... No, I don't, really..."

Just as I expected. "Oh, come on, Faded Ivory. It's a farm. How hard could it be to miss? Just go that way," I point down one of the crossroads, "you should see it eventually."

"No, don't go! It's scary!" She grabbed ahold of me.

'Scary?' I raise my eyebrow at her. "Scary? Ponyville? Pffft! It's not scary at all; you just need to break into it." I nudge her away.

She sniffled. "Uhh... I guess you're right... I guess I'm just scared for you, that's all. After not having you for ten years, I must not really wanna let you out of my sight."

"Heheh... Well, you're gonna have to let me go now. I wanna check on the hospital's reconstruction, and you have a bed to set up. Look. Sunnie's already setting the sun. You gotta hurry, before it gets really cold out here." I poke her chest lightly with my left forehoof.

She smiled. "Oh, Blaze. You're just as concerned for me as you were ten years ago."

I smile and shrug. "Common courtesy, I guess. Plus common sense..."

"Pffft! All right, I'm going. But what about you? Where are you gonna stay for the night?"

I look off in thought. "Mmm, I dunno. I'll see what I can do with the building first. I'll worry about that once I get to it, I promise. Go, hurry. You're gonna get caught traveling in the moonlight."

"...As much as I dislike your tendency to put things off until the last second, I trust you. Okay, I'm gonna go now..." She turns around and starts to walk.

I wave. "Hey, Ivory, you make it sound as if you're going into a haunted mansion. Relax. You're gonna be fine."

"Okay, Blaze, bye-bye," she calls back.

I turn to walk away as well. But I stopped. I suddenly had this idea... If Ivory's ultimate goal is just to make me fall for her, then maybe I can tease her by actually playing along. I grin to myself and chuckle very quietly. I then turn to face her direction again and call out to her, "I love you!"

She stopped moving for a moment. I could barely see her lower her head in what I could only assume to be happiness. She then picked it up and continued walking.

I watch as she disappears from my line of vision without looking back. I wish I didn't have to lie to her about that... I turn to face down a different crossroad, and begin to run. The road to Twilight's house. I wanna read more of the diary I gave back to her earlier.




knock knock.

"Who's there?"

"It's Blaze. Can I come in?"

The door knob begins to glow with a magenta aura. It opens to reveal a very colorful library, and the proud owner of the residence; Twilight Sparkle. I slowly enter the house.

"Thanks, Twilight. Just stopped by to pick up the diary."

She had a testing look on her face. "...And why do you want it back so bad, you little goofball?"

"Excuse me?" I say, confused.

"Oh, never mind. Hang on, I got it." She turned to look up at the second floor. "Spike?"

The baby dragon materialized at the top of the ladder. "Yes, Twilight?"

"Ivory's diary --"

"I'm on it," Spike began searching without letting her finish.

I chuckle. "Does he always do that?"

"Ehh, not always," she said while finding the package that contained the queen-sized bed.

I laugh slightly louder, but I cut the humor with a serious question. "Hey, did you read through the rest of the diary?"

"No, why?"

I stare at her for a moment before continuing. "Twilight, Faded Ivory is the mastermind behind it all..."

A couple seconds passed, and she broke up laughing. "Mastermind behind what?"

"Twilight!" I catch her attention, offended. "She was responsible for the destruction of my village! She poisoned the elder so he would transform into the Ursa, and the elder manipulated me into thinking she was innocent!"

She snorted.

"It's all in that diary. You don't believe me, take a look for yourself!"

Twilight must've noticed that I was growing impatient with her. "Okay, okay, if it'll make you feel better. Personally, I think it's wrong to go barging into somepony else's personal life, but if you say so..."

"Here it is!" Spike announced from the second floor.

"Thanks, Spike. Hang on, I'm coming right up." She finished getting the bed ready for me, teleported up to her assistant, accepted the diary from the little dragon, and laid on the bed and opened to the first page of the book.


Twenty minutes passed, and she had finished reading Ivory's diary. By then, I was already in the bed, waiting to fall asleep, when she hopped down from the second floor.

"What are you doing?" I ask her as she approaches the bedside.

"Oh! I thought you were asleep! Well, I was gonna wake you up so we can go to Canterlot."

Canterlot? "Okay... and why do you wanna go back to Canterlot so late at night?"

"Blaze, get up," she said quickly. She then picked up a saddlebag and began to put several things in it.

I unwillingly get out of the bed. "I mean, I don't have a problem going with you... Could you at least tell me why you're - well, we're - going?"

She looked at me with a stern face. "Get ready quick.

"We're going to save the elder."