• Published 26th Aug 2012
  • 1,117 Views, 131 Comments

Blaze - Blazing_Mane01



The ponies embark with the mysterious Blaze to unravel his past.

  • ...
10
 131
 1,117

Chapter 20.) The Opposite Side

"Princess Celestia?"

I turn my head toward the voice, and Celestia did as well. It came from outside. From a friend in a circle of six that I nearly forgot they were here in the first place. I gasp out of fear.

Twilight! How is she going to take this!?

"Oh, hello, my little ponies. What took you so long?" Celestia replied with her gentle voice.

"Sorry, Princess," the student replied as the six made their way through the crumbled entrance I made earlier. Everypony but AppleJack and Rainbow Dash was out of breath. We didn't run for that long, did we?

Faded Ivory shifted a bit in my foreleg and looked at me, "Who are these ponies?"

"Just some very close friends of mine. They took me in when I ran away from the village."

"Heheh, they're pretty cute, Blaze."

That caught me off guard. Was she just saying that to compliment them? "...Did I hear some... 'jealousy' there, Ivory?"

When I said 'jealousy,' Twilight Sparkle turned her head toward us. Her overall posture suggested I hit the nail on the head; she gasped while she shifted, raised a forehoof, and her eyes shrunk a bit as well. Her doing so made Ivory uncomfortable, and she broke the embrace.

I look at Twilight. When we make eye contact, she gulps and puts her forehoof down. Jealousy... I lower my eyes to look at the floor. Did she like me, too? Was she trying to tell me that all along? If she did, it would explain several things...




'Easy, Twilight! What's gotten into you? That's the second time you freaked out when I said something that suggested my death.'

'You weren't going to do... What I thought you were going to do with that boulder, were you?'

'Will you... ... come back?'

'Don't talk like that!'


'No, wait! Please, stay here.'




I put it all together. And all this time, I've been selfish in my search for Faded Ivory that I didn't even notice her feelings for me! I've been putting her aside, like she was just some other pony... And with Ivory here now, who knows what she'll do...?

"Blaze?"

I pick my head up. During my flashbacks, Twilight had walked up and sat about three feet away from me. There were tears beginning to form in her eyes, which made me look away for a second. But I quickly focused on the pony again as I prepared to say... something...

"Twilight... I..." I was tongue-tied. She was gonna have to start the conversation.

"Now that you got what you were looking for," she said, "will you have to leave Ponyville? I mean, you're part of the royal bloodline. You have to stay in Canterlot..."

I suddenly got an idea. "What 'Canterlot?' "

Twilight rose a brow. "Uhh, here? In the general area we're in for a couple miles?"

"Pssst, Twilight. In case you hadn't noticed, the majority of Canterlot is destroyed. Including the royal castle."

She blushed. "Actually, I did notice, but thanks anyway."

"So, naturally with my home in ruins again," I raise my voice slightly in a sarcastic, yet serious tone, "I'm gonna need a place to stay for a while."

Twilight's ears perked up, and a half-smile formed on her face. "Well, you're always welcome in Ponyville!"

"So, uhh... Think you can fix up a bed at your place?"

Her eyes grew at the sound of those words, but she gasped and glanced back at Ivory, who was busy learning the names of the other ponies. She then looked back to me and said, "What about Faded Ivory?"

I think about that for a moment. I'm sure Ivory would be welcomed into Ponyville without a second thought, but she was homeless as well. Plus, with her out of my supervision, she could get into several kinds of trouble. I wonder if she'll even go to Ponyville with me?

Faded Ivory obviously has feelings for me as well. To have me staying over another possible competitor's home could make her throw her hoof in. Heheh, that's exactly what I'd do. If I know her, she may even try to sleep with somepony else to get me jealous for her. After all, that's what it looks like I'm doing...

Then it hit me. I do love Faded Ivory. She loves me, too, as a lover. And that's the problem. Having grown up with her, it wouldn't exactly make me comfortable to live with the girl forever. She's like a sister to me, and for that reason, I can't be her special somepony.

I respond to Twilight's question, "What about her?"

Twilight tilted her head. "What do you mean 'what about her?' She doesn't have a home, either! And based on how you two were snuggling earlier, I'd say she's gonna have some objections..."

I blow a raspberry. "Don't worry about her. She's stronger than you give her credit for."

She tensed up. "That's kind of harsh, Blaze."

"Why? I trust her enough. I mean, I practically grew up with the girl."

"You don't understand." Twilight stepped one hoof forward. "If you just start sleeping at my place, then she's bound to get suspicious of me. She loves you, Blaze. You can't leave her in the dark about these kind of things."

"I know, I know! And I don't intend to. I'm gonna tell her what I think... set her straight... "

She sighed. "No, Blaze. She's gonna get heartbroken again. I can't let you do that to her..."

When she said that, I shot my eyes over to Faded Ivory, who was walking up on Twilight Sparkle. She raised a forehoof to tap her back and said, "And what's your name?"

I gulped as Twilight replied, "Ivory, I am Twilight Sparkle. Pleasure to meet you!"

"A pleasure indeed, Ms. Sparkle."

They shook hooves. During so, Ivory shot me a look that I took as hostile. Maybe Twilight's right. I probably shouldn't shut her out yet, or at least appear to. There's no doubt from her confession that she waited for me her whole life, and then some. I should probably just tell her flat out that it just won't work between us...

And after all that time searching for her, to find out that I can't be her special one...