• Published 16th Dec 2019
  • 1,365 Views, 6 Comments

A week with the Mane 7 - Smashology



What if the Mane 7 were the days of the week? How would it feel to spend a week with them? For you, there will be chaos. For them there will be more chaos.

  • ...
9
 6
 1,365

Sunset (Sunday)

Your last day comes and goes with many surprises and at the same time without any. Yes, the new girl appears next to you in the morning and, like Pinkie Pie, makes you breakfast. However, the rest of the day goes normal. Too normal to say the least. You go with her to many places: the park for a walk, the mall for some shopping offers and, without telling or giving any clues to you, she invites your entire family!

A family reunion was the last thing you expected, since families separate and stop seeing each other with the pass of time. You try having fun with them, but you don’t want to. All you want to do is having fun with her and every chance you have to be with her, she does everything she can to avoid you or, as an alternative, she talks with someone else about his plans for the week. It’s like everything you two lived together this day had been worth nothing for her. You feel lonelier with her than with everyone else you’ve met before.

The day transforms into night, one by one each of your familiars leave. You say goodbye to everyone, you’re not rude after all. Once the house is empty, you order a pizza. During this time, between the phone call and the pizza delivery man arriving, you do nothing but sit on the couch from the living room and checking your Facebook account on your phone. The new girl is the one who receives the pizza and leaves it in the kitchen. She proceeds to sit next to you on the couch and do the same as you. To be fair, or unfair as you wanted you see, this girl hasn’t told you her name all day and when you asked her, she seemed to avoid the question at all costs.

This girl has cyan eyes and her hair is a weird combination: yellow and red stripes, looks like bacon to be honest. She looks like a biker: wears a wrist watch, an orange blouse, black jacket, purple skirt and black boots.

“This day has been so lazy...” she says her first words in a while.

“...I know.”

“Fucking Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie.”

“What?! They’re good people, what do you have against them?”

“Nothing, it’s... I’m just jealous. I don’t how they do it or their method, but they always get away with it. Take a look at this. They look good in every fucking photo!”

She shows you her phone, with photos of people blocking Rainbow Dash or Pinkie Pie or appearing in strange positions, yet nothing was wrong with them specifically.

“By the way your Chinese pizza arrived, they told me fat helps with the hangover.”

“People like to invent rumors on the Internet. Everything to feel like an emperor, although they’re janitors in their real lives.”

“And we still have to clean the house and do the laundry, may I remind you that you have to do the bathroom and the kitchen, because I cleaned them a month ago... or a month and a half ago, I don’t remember that well.”

“What did you say?”

“That we still have to clean the house and do the laundry, seriously, it’s eleven o’clock at night and I don’t know how we’re going to do it in time.”

“No, you said you cleaned the bathroom and the kitchen a month ago.”

“Yes.”

“...How can that be possible if we met just this morning?”

She stays silent for a few minutes, you know she’s thinking how to figure out an answer.

“Don’t tag me on photos where I don’t look good!”

“No, no, don’t try to avoid my question! Answer me!

“...We’ve been following you for some time.”

“How long?”

“...Since we’ve chosen you as our next test subject. There are always subjects who constantly have problems in their lives and never realize that there is someone who is willing to give them a hand.”

She stand up and hang around your living room.

“Most of the days of the year are unremarkable. They begin and they end with no lasting memories made in between. Most days have no impact on the course of a life. The world tires me. People walk around like they’re asleep and get lose into their lives.”

“And you do?”

“No. I’m different. I’m a wolf among sheep, I chose my own destiny, nobody understands me and, with the trust of my heart, everything is possible. All my life I’ve been like Twilight and thought that friendship was pointless. I had plenty of people to hang out with, but doing so often felt empty, though I could never figure out why. When I became friends with her and her friends, my perspective changed. All these friends I was hanging out with, I had no idea if they would have my back during a real struggle.”

“How this has affected you as a person?”

“I hate to say that I used to be a pretty bad bully as a child and teen, and I often picked on people who were considered nerds, geeks, and other terms designated for people lower on the social ladder. At the time, it made me feel superior, but looking back, I can’t help but wish that I had reached out instead and possibly made a true friend. This lesson changed my focus from quantity to quality when it comes to friendship. What’s the point of having dozens of friends who are fun to hang out with but won’t have your back when things get tough for you?”

She makes a pause.

“Sometimes messages can be lost during progress. And when they finally get you, you realize you learn more from people and not from a kids show. And it’s not bad or dated, it’s just that... Well, I’m not a teenager or young adult anymore. I’ve gotten old and I’ve change, but this things like that will be stuck for centuries over centuries in the shortest phase of any person, one that makes everyone cringe or be shame of themselves once it’s over.”

“Oh come on, watching kids show as an adult is not bad. It can be hard to accept and not everything we’ll watch is going to be quality material, but a story about friendship and heart and memories can be useful, especially if you’re older.”

“If this is a story about friendship and heart and memories and how friends are forever, then it’s shallow. They trade glances, say hi and that’s it. That’s how friends make an impact on you? You don’t think about them or talk with them or learn from them until they’re in front of you? For your sake, for being a story about travelling to other worlds and touching their hearts, there’s little feeling of friendship. Nobody has the experiences learned on other worlds and... I think that’s my final thesis. Why this story has been so long and complicated to begin with?”

“Because maybe there’s more than that. A story can be simple, yet deeper and you can appeal to a lot of people. Friendship is what matters in the end and you can show a lot possibilities for applying it. I don’t know... maybe you can make a new friend in the end.”

“Friendship?” She remains silent at your answer for more minutes. “I’ve heard the same throughout the years: When you meet someone new and get along together you’re friends. Friends forever! But, between your first day and this exact moment, when I’m talking to you... let me ask you something.”

She makes another pause, then proceeds to continue.

“..How many friends have you lost?”

That is a good question.

“How many friends have you won? How your perspective of friendship around me or the others we know has change? How the way you saw your friends and they saw you has change over the years? I’m still searching for answers, answers that no show will never give to me because its perspective is still naïve. I suppose that’s why it has many followers, because we want to pretend it’s that easy. We have to allow our fantasies every now and then.”

This has been a strange conversation. Where did that come from? This is supposed to be the most relaxing day of all and yet, you’re here having a conversation with this biker girl about what friendship is or her previous experiences with Twilight and the other girls or a... kids show?

“Why are you telling me all this?”

“Because the key to make friends and being sure they’re going to be for you is–”

Suddenly, her wrist watch begins to beep repeatedly. She no longer continues paying attention to you until she turns the alarm off.

“Sorry, time’s up. It’s over.”

You’re shocked in the wrong way, you stand from the couch to confront her.

“What do you mean it’s over?”

“It’s ooooooooooooveeeeeeeeeeeeer.”

She points to the door and it opens, revealing one thing, or rather one person.

Applejack.

She cracks her knuckles and glares at you. The biker girl pushes you to her and Applejack immediately grabs you.

“Thanks Sunset.”

“You’re welcome. Enjoy him as much as you want, because he’ll have no escape from this.”

You try to get rid of her grip, but she’s too strong and muscular for you. As Applejack gets out of your house with you included and Sunset waves her hand as a farewell gesture, as the front door closes and her words are overshadowed by your “NO’S!” you realize you’ll be doomed to repeat this pattern. Will there be any way out of this situation? Maybe, but most likely you won't remember.

Comments ( 2 )

10063040
Agreed Sunset is indeed best girl lol

I was expecting some heartwarming fun with the girls, but the way Applejack is aggressive towards the reader ruins it. While the final chapter does shed some light on what appears to be happening, it still hasn't been explained well enough imo. There's potential here, but the chapters and story is too short to really shine. I get you just wanted a short fun story, but it really needed to be longer to flesh your ideas out and to better explain the girl's motivations. The only chapter I like was Rainbow's as it's what I wanted to read. Just some good nice fun.

Login or register to comment