• Published 15th Dec 2019
  • 997 Views, 55 Comments

Scars To Her Beautiful - flutterJackdash



Sweetie and her friends are finally getting ready to graduate high school, and move on with their lives. Why is Silver so angry? Where is Diamond?

  • ...
3
 55
 997

Chapter 2 - Where In The World Is Sweetie Belle?

Scootaloo swiftly entered Sugarcube Corner, thrusting the door open with such force she risked damaging the bell set just inside to alert the Cakes of any incoming customers. Instead, it flailed wildly then slammed against the wall, creating a cacophony of crashing and tintinnabulation.
She cringed, sighed, and looked at Mrs. Cake who was staring with a raised eyebrow at the angry teenager.

“Are you okay, dearie?” she asked with care, if there was any anger in her she gave no indication.

“Uh…,” replied Scootaloo eloquently as she scanned the confectionary for Sweetie. She’s not here yet?

“Well, can I get you anything?” Mrs. Cake tried instead.

“Oh! Yeah,” Scootaloo said as she approached the counter while removing a wallet from the inner pocket of her jacket, “can I get a strawberry milkshake and a chocolate glazed doughnut?”
Mrs. Cake nodded with a warm smile.

Scootaloo pulled out a 20-bit note and passed it along to Mrs. Cake, who took it and passed Scootaloo back the appropriate change.

“You didn’t see Sweetie Belle come in here, did you?” she asked.

“No, dear, I’m afraid I haven’t seen Sweetie Belle today. I’m sure she’ll be around soon though,” replied Mrs. Cake.

“Oh, okay,” said Scootaloo as she searched out a table near a wall and took a seat.

Once sat comfortably with her back to a wall, she pulled out her phone and immediately sent out a text.

Sweetie, whre r u?


Sweetie’s phone let out a sound like a motorcycle revving, which startled Diamond Tiara into spinning around, staring wide-eyed at the intruder into her personal space.

“D-Diamond… What happened?” asked Sweetie, only bringing up her phone to silence it.

“What are… w-why…,” Diamond tried, weakly. She frowned and pointed an accusing finger at Sweetie, “How dare you enter my room?!”

“I… I’m sorry, I didn’t know you were… um,” she tried.

“Oh-,” Diamond began, before realization caused her eyes to widen further. She turned away, folding her arms over her chest and closing her eyes, “...get out.”

Sweetie swallowed, took out her phone and looked at it to see the message left for her, then shut it down before setting it down on Diamond’s bed and walking over to Diamond.
“No, I can’t… You’re hurting,” she said.


Silver Spoon stormed into Sugarcube Corner much the same way Scootaloo had before, the key difference was in the success of tearing the bell from its wall-mount and sending it hurtling across the confectionery. It crashed into the far wall, behind the counter, with a pitiful clang before dropping to the floor without ceremony.

Scootaloo waited for her milkshake as she watched the bell fly through the air, turning to look at Silver Spoon at the completion of its arc.

“Wow,” she said.

Silver Spoon had been spotted mid-cringe, sighing and walking up to the counter with resignation.

“Um, hello?” she called to the shop, attempting to rouse one of its owners.

Mr. Cake came from the kitchen, knelt down, and picked up the bell.

“I’m sorry Mr. Cake! I’m sorry! I’ll pay for it!” she cried.

“Oh of course you will, I think we can find ways for you to work this off,” he stated as he stood back to his feet.

“Uh…,” she said, raising a finger as if to make a point but it just hung there awkwardly.

“No worries, you don’t have to start this moment,” he said with a wink, “so, what can I get for you then?”

“W-what? Oh, uh, right. Rainbow Sundae please?” she asked.

“Coming right up, Ms. Spoon,” he replied.

Silver swallowed and pulled a 50-bit note from her bag and shakily handed it over to Mr. Cake, who took it and proceeded to make change which he then returned to her. She hastily put the change in her bag and rushed to find a table.


Sweetie approached Diamond slowly, noticing a pungent aroma of alcohol wafting from the girl stood before the mirror.

“You’ve been drinking?” she asked quietly.

Diamond turned and ran into the bathroom connected to her luxurious bedroom and slammed the door closed.

“Di! Wait! Please!” cried Sweetie as she ran to the door and tried to open it, only to find it locked.

A muffled sobbing could be heard from the other side of the door. Sweetie sighed, and made her way back to Diamond’s bedroom door, locked it, then back to the bathroom door where she slid down and sat against it.

“Di, I’m sorry… I’m not judging you, I don’t… I don’t really understand, but I want to, okay? It’s… that’s all! Okay? I care, and I just…,” she trailed off, resting her head on her folded arms which, themselves, rested on knees tucked into her chest.

“Why?” came a faint voice, muffled by a door.

“I…,” began Sweetie, a bit lost on the answer, “I don’t really know that either, I’m sorry.”

“Shouldn’t you be off hanging with your stupid friends?!” Diamond's muffled voice shrieked.

“I think this is more important… I even turned my phone off, okay?”

“I don’t deserve this!” cried Diamond.

“Deserve what?” asked Sweetie.

“For you of all people to care about me!” Diamond cried.

“Why? Because of all the mean, hurtful, things you’ve said and done over the years? Because of how isolated you made me and my friends feel?”

Sweetie was startled by a slamming against the door behind her, she fell forward then scrambled back and looked on with alarm.

“Di?! What’s going on? What happened?”

“...go away…”


Scootaloo watched Silver’s “show” with a raised eyebrow, until her attention was drawn to Pinkie, who was bringing her a milkshake and doughnut, both of which were set on the table with care.

“Enjoy!” said Pinkie.

“Thanks,” said Scootaloo, halfheartedly pulling the shake closer to herself and blinking, “Can I get a straw?”

“Yup! Sorry! Should have thought of that!” she said as she brandished a straw that didn’t seem to originate from anywhere. Scootaloo learned not to ask questions about Pinkie when she was much younger, so she simply took the straw, pulled it free of its paper casing, and stuck it into her shake before taking a sip.

“Howdy!” said a familiar twang from behind Pinkie.

“Ooh! Applebloom! Welcome to Sugarcube Corner! Can I get you anything?” said the bubbly pink girl.

“Uh, Vanilla shake please?” said Applebloom.

Pinkie nodded and dashed off to retrieve it.

“You seen Sweetie?” asked Scootaloo before Applebloom could say anything else.

Applebloom blinked as she took the seat opposite Scootaloo, “Nope, can’t say Ah have, why?”

“She was supposed to meet me here after school, but she never showed and she hasn’t answered my messages,” Scootaloo said.

“Oh, ah see. Ah’m sure she’s alright, and she’ll have a good reason fer not showin’ up too,” said Applebloom.

“She better,” said Scootaloo quietly.


“Di… please open the door, I’m scared,” said Sweetie.

“What are you even scared of?” cried Diamond.

“I-I don’t know! I don’t know what’s happening, but I know I’m scared for you,” replied Sweetie.

“Scared for me? Ugh!” said Diamond, but the click of the lock told Sweetie it had opened again.
Sweetie quickly opened the door and slipped into the bathroom, it was huge, plush, and so many shades of pink she thought Pinkie might actually become envious. She finally saw the despondent Diamond sitting on the closed toilet, crying. She had some swelling on her right hand, and thin scars still shown all over her upper legs, her stomach, and her upper arms. Fresh ones were scattered on her left arm, and a rectangular razor blade was tossed on the floor. Diamond didn’t look up.

Sweetie swallowed, but surged forward and took Diamond into a hug, holding her close.
“Why are you doing this, Di? What’s wrong?”