• Published 18th Aug 2012
  • 8,430 Views, 299 Comments

A Special Night - Zonfic



Twilight gets a suprise visit from Luna one night. Secrets are soon found out about each other.

  • ...
40
 299
 8,430

Meeting Everypony

AN - Well here it is everyone! First I would like to apologize for how long it took, how bad it might be, and for any grammar errors. But that's why I'm typing this. Please leave any errors you find in the comments, or anything you feel should be improved on. Anyway thank you all so much for reading this far! And here's a summary of what happened in the other two chapters that way you don't have to go back and re-read unless you want to.

In the previous chapters Luna decided to visit Twilight a few days before Hearth's Warming Eve so she can better develop her social skills and so she can get to know Twi and her friends a bit more. Well, Luna and Twi have a nice little slumber party and have some normal mare fun. After they go to sleep Luna wakes up to the voice of Nightmare Moon who is now apparently good and kind. Luna lets her out for a bit and Twi wakes up and sees Nightmare and freaks out. Luna turns back, Twilight jumps into her hooves and her friends burst in with Twi in Luna's hooves looking as if they were about to kiss.



Two hours is how long it took for Twilight and Luna to convince the others that nothing had happened between them. Two hours of sitting in the main room of the library and explaining over and over again that Twilight had merely been startled and had jumped into Luna’s hooves out of fear. It felt like an eternity to them, especially since Pinkie Pie kept asking to throw them a party for their new relationship.

“Please Twilight? Pretty please with cherries on the top? Come on, who doesn't like cherries?!” Pinkie asked with pleading eyes. Twilight just rolled her eyes and let out a deep sigh. Her patience was nonexistent at this point.

“For the hundredth time Pinkie, you can’t throw us a party because Luna and I are NOT in a relationship!”

“But you two looked like you were ready to kiss! And you both looked so funny when your faces turned as red as Applejack’s apples when we came in to see if you were okay.” Pinkie giggled. Luna’s cheeks turned a light red at the comment, as did Twilight’s before she let out a groan and facehoofed.

“Pinkie, come’n now. Twilight ‘n Luna have obviously had a long night. ‘N Ah reckon Twi is still shak’n from see’n Nightmare.” Applejack said. When Pinkie saw the serious expression on her friend’s face she immediately stopped giggling. “Now Ah’m mighty sorry for us burst’n in on yall, but when we heard ya scream, Twilight, we all ran over think’n you were in some sorta trouble.” Applejack tried to explain. Twilight simply nodded her head.

“Don’t worry, I understand. At least you had good intentions…” She said with a small smile. She was grateful that her friends had been nice enough to check on her. After all, she would have done the same for any of them. Still, she wished they hadn’t come in when they did. Catching her and Luna like that was almost as embarrassing as when she had accidentally tripped in front of Princess Celestia and made her stumble as well. Actually, this may have been more embarrassing. She then remembered being in Luna’s hooves. She still couldn’t believe how soft and warm Luna’s fur had been. She could have sworn she was cuddled up in a silk blanket while lying on a cloud. She definitely had to remember to ask Luna how she got her coat so soft. That was when she remembered why Luna had come to Ponyville in the first place. “Oh, Luna! While we’re all here, why don’t you get better acquainted with my friends?” Twilight asked with a big grin on her face. Luna couldn’t have said no even if she wanted to and just nodded with a smile of her own.

“That sounds good!” Luna said. After all, she did want to get more social. However, before she even knew what happened, she was being pushed right in front of everypony. Twilight then jumped from behind her and started introducing her to everypony.

“Luna, this is Applejack. She represents the Element of Honesty and is a good problem solver plus a real hard worker. And she makes the most amazing apple snacks and baked goods!”

“Howdy Princess.” Applejack tipped her hat in a hello gesture. Twilight was already starting introducing Fluttershy.

“This is Fluttershy. You remember her right?”

“Of course. She was the one that helped me with my voice problem.” Luna chuckled a little.

“Mhm, and she represents the-”

“Twilight I know what element they all represent. My sister has informed me on all of this.” Luna informed her.

“Oh, right… hehe…” Twilight had a light blush on her face which made everypony chuckle a bit. “Anyway, she’s the one to go to if you’re having some animal problems. However, she is a bit shy.”

“A bit?” Rainbow smirked.

“Oh hush Rainbow!” Twilight shot her a look and Rainbow kept her mouth shut.

“Um… hello… Princess….” Fluttershy’s eyes stayed glued to the floor as she greeted Luna. Twilight then moved on to Pinkie Pie.

“This is Pinkie Pie.”

“Ah, yes. I definitely remember her.” Luna smiled.

“Then I’m pretty sure you already know that she’s the best party thrower you’ll find in all of Equestria, and she’s a great cook.”

“Good to see you again Princess! Hmm, maybe I should throw a “Hello Princess Luna Party” or maybe a “Good to See you Again” party, or-”

“Maybe later Pinkie.” Twilight cut her off but gave her a reassuring smile.

“Okie dokie lokie!” Pinkie said with a big smile on her face. Twilight then began introducing Rainbow Dash.

“This is Rainbow Dash. She is an amazing flyer and a very loyal friend. But is a bit of a show off and sore loser.” She smirked as she said it.

“Hey, not cool!” Rainbow tried to say in her defense. Twilight and the others laughed a little. Rainbow just let out a light sigh. “Hi Princess.” Rainbow said as she rolled her eyes at her friends. Twilight then moved on to Rarity.

“And this is Rarity. She makes the most spectacular dresses you’ve ever seen!”

“Twilight, you’re too kind. Glad to make your acquaintance Princess.” Rarity gave a slight bow.

“It’s very nice to meet all of you casually for once.” Luna had a small smile on her face. “Being formal all the time can get a bit annoying.” Everypony nodded in agreement.

“So Princess, are you hungry at all?” Pinkie asked.

“Actually, I do feel a bit famished. Does anypony know of a good place to eat?” Pinkie Pie immediately jumped up.

“SUGAR CUBE CORNER! Theyhavethebestpiescakescupcakescandyteapancakes and ALL OTHER KINDS OF FOOD! LET’S GO!!!!” Before anypony could comprehend what she had said, or even respond they were all being pushed by Pinkie Pie out the door of the library and straight to Sugar Cube Corner.

“Is she always like this Twilight?” Luna asked as she and the others were still being pushed towards the bakery.

“Yeah, hehe. You get used to it after a while.” Twilight put on a small smile while rubbing the back of her head. Luna returned the smile. When they turned their heads forward they were at the entrance to Sugar Cube.

“What is everypony waiting for?! Let’s go inside and get some food!” Before anypony could speak Pinkie Pie had already ran inside, a dust trail indicating where she had been mere moments ago. The others trotted inside and found Pinkie at the counter talking to Mrs. Cake. Noticing the others, she greeted them.

“Hello everypony! How are you all tod-” When Mrs. Cake saw Luna she immediately got on her fore hooves in a bow. “Greeting Princess Luna. What brings you to our bakery?” Mrs. Cake’s voice was shaky and everypony could tell that she was nervous and quite surprised.

“Oh, I’m here with Twilight and her friends. And please do not act so formally. Tia already told me of how uptight you and your husband were when she came here with Philomena. This is just a casual visit.” Luna gave a reassuring smile. Mrs. Cake got up and apologized.

“Oh, forgive me your majesty. It’s just that we’re not used serving royalty, especially on such short notice. And I definitely didn’t expect to see one of the Royal Sisters here!”

“It is quite alright Mrs. Cake. May we order our breakfast now?”

“But of course! What will all of you like?”

“OH I KNOW WHAT I WANT-“

“I already know what you want Pinkie. A stack of pancakes, double syrup, two butter squares and a light sprinkle of powder sugar.” Pinkie just simply grinned in response.

“Um, I’ll have the Hay Sandwich with a side of daisies if ya please.”

“Okay Applejack. How about you Fluttershy?”

“Oh, um. I would like the um, the Cherry Pancakes with some maple syrup please.”

“Okay, and you Rainbow Dash?”

“I’ll just have the haybrowns with some biscuits.”

“Alrighty then. What about you Miss Rarity?”

“I’ll take the Tulip Special.”

“Fancy as always. And you Twilight?”

“I’ll just have a grass sandwich with a daisy.”

“Simple but tasty, got it! And you Princess?”

“… What is a pancake?” Everypony’s eyes went wide and their mouths became agape. “Did I say something offensive?” Luna was starting to get nervous; she never liked being stared at oddly, then again who does?

“How do you not possibly know what a pancake is?!” Pinkie Pie’s eyes were in total shock and surprise.

“Well… I never had a thing like that when I lived in Equestria. You know… before my banishment…” Twilight went over to Luna and gently put a hoof on her shoulder.

“Well, maybe it’s time you try some pancakes.” She offered a small smile which Luna returned.

“Pancakes it is for me then please.”

“Right away your highness!” With that Mrs. Cake rushed into the kitchen to start making the food.

“…So, is everypony decorated for the holiday?” Twilight asked to stir up a conversation as they sat around one of the tables.

“Actually, I just got finished. Some of my animals helped out but most of them are already sleeping or gone south.” Fluttershy said with a small smile.

“Oh I got my lights and some red and green streamers hung up!” Pinkie said excitedly.

“I just hung up some lights and stuff, nothing too big.” Rainbow said while shrugging her shoulders.

“Apple Bloom was helpin' me an' Big Mac yesterday with puttin' up streamers and ornaments on th' house an' barn.” Applejack smiled.

“Well all my decorations are up, but I still need to work on a few festive dresses.” Rarity said proudly. Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes.

“Yeah, that figures.”

“Well some of us like to look festive!” Rarity said in her defense.

“Oh excuse me Miss Perfect.” Dash rolled her eyes again.

Twilight mumbled under her breath. “Oh no, now is not the time for a fight.”

“Well I think you should go look in the mirror Miss Filthy Mane. Honestly dear do you even wash that thing?” Rarity had a slight face of disgust.

“Of course I wash it!” Rainbow put her hooves to her mane in defense.

“Well it doesn’t show dear…”

“Alright you two stop ya bickerin'.” Applejack butted in. Both Rarity and Rainbow jumped in and claimed the other started it. AJ just shook her head.

“And ya'll both are actin' like fillies.”

“And we have company.” Twilight said as she tilted her head to Luna.

“Oh, terribly sorry Princess.” Rarity slightly bowed.

“Right, sorry Princess.” Rainbow scratched the back of her head.

“I suppose it’s alright. And please, just call me Luna.”

“Oh, sorry Pr- um, Luna” Rarity said with a slight blush. Rainbow Dash also apologized. The others laughed a bit and looked around, waiting for their food.

“…Why don't ya'll like bein' called Princess?” Applejack asked. Luna pondered for a moment in thought.

“Well… I just never really grew fond of the title. Plus I think it sounds a little too prissy.”

“Okay, so why didn’t you and Twilight tell us you were a couple?!” Pinkie Pie put her hooves on the table and put her face right in front of Twilight’s and Luna’s. Twilight let out a groan.

“Pinkie, for the last time we aren’t a couple!”

“Well you two seemed close when we found you!” Rainbow laughed. Twilight immediately got a light blush on her face.

“I-I got startled!”

“Ya'll were blushin' like ya had just been caught kissin'.” Applejack chuckled.

“Y-you were blushing Twilight….” Fluttershy added. Twi’s face went red.

“We weren’t kissing!” Almost everypony was chuckling at Twilight’s reaction.

“Oh come now darling stop being so defensive.” Rarity said between a light laugh.

“I’m not being defensive!” Twilight nearly yelled. Now everypony was laughing, except for Luna and Twilight of course.

“Ya'll sure seem like it, Twi.” Applejack snickered. Pinkie let out a giggle.

“Twilight and Luna are together!” Pinkie was laughing as she spoke.

“U-um P-pinkie I don’t t-think you should-” Fluttershy was cut off by Twilight yelling.

“WE’RE NOT A COUPLE!!!” Everypony went quiet.

“… Well… it did seem like you two were…” Pinkie said quietly.

“Luna only came over just last night! This is our first time actually spending time together besides Nightmare Night!”
Twilight said loudly as she was still a little worked up.

“Alright, alright calm down darling…” Rarity said gently. Twilight took a deep breath and slowly let it out, putting a hoof to her chest and stretching it out in front of her just like Cadence had taught her.

“Sorry girls… I just…”

“I-it’s alright.” Fluttershy reassured her.

“We were being a bit pushy” Rarity admitted.

“Yeah, sorry” Rainbow apologized.

“Sorry” Applejack said.

“I’m sorry too.” Pinkie said, her face low.

“And I’m sorry for yelling.” Twilight said. With their apologies said they all quickly just hugged each other, proving their apology and that all was well. Luna just smiled at how close each of them were to each other.

“Oh Prin- I mean, Luna. Why are you here?” Rarity asked.

“Hm? Oh, I came here to spend the holiday with Twilight. And get to know all of you a bit more. Plus Tia said I should get out more.”

“So you’re sure you’re not a couple?” Pinkie asked Twilight. She let out a sigh before she answered.

“For the last time Pinkie, no we’re not a couple. We’re just friends like everypony else here. Please stop asking.”

“Aww, okay…”

“Oh, while we’re on that topic! Has anypony found their special somepony yet? Hmm?” Rarity asked, looking at everypony’s faces for an indication that they had.

“Ah've been too busy workin' on the farm.” Applejack answered.

“There’s nopony for me yet.” Pinkie said.

“U-um… nopony for me either.” Fluttershy sunk down a little.

“Same for me” Rainbow said.

“Nopony.” Twi said it quickly and without hesitation.

“Really? Nopony? For any of you?” Rarity said, a bit surprised. “No even you Prin- Luna?”

“I have not found anypony that suites me. Plus a Princess would never just reveal their lover. There would be too many stories and rumors.”

“Even so, I still can’t believe that none of you have found somepony to date.” Rarity said, still a bit surprised.

“Well maybe one of us will meet a nice stallion or mare! Who knows? I mean I would love to have a special somepony
but I have to baby sit, help Mr. and Mrs. Cake, do my daily running around and-”

“We get it Pinkie” Rainbow chuckled. “And I get what she means. I still have to train and do cloud duty,” Rainbow saw the look on her friends’ faces in response to the last statement. “Okay, maybe just train…”

“Well Ah'm always workin' on the farm, so Ah don't really get the chance.” Applejack said in her defense.

“I have my animals to take care of” Fluttershy said quietly.

“Well I’m always having orders to fill and dresses to make.” Rarity stated.

“It seems that we’re all just busy bees!” Pinkie giggled.

“Well what about you Twilight?” Rainbow asked.

“What about me?”

“Well all you do is read all day. Why don’t you go out and find somepony?” Rainbow suggested.

“That doesn’t sound like a bad idea” Rarity agreed, finishing her tulip.

“I have studies to do!” Twi said quickly.

“Ya mean readin' that you'll do later or that you’ve already done.” Applejack chuckled.

“Well… but I…” Twi faltered. Luna lightly chuckled at the situation Twilight was stuck in.

“I, um… think you could get a date Twi…” Fluttershy said with a small smile.

“Yeah! Like a date with Princess Luna!” Pinkie exclaimed.

“PINKIE!” Twi nearly shouted.

“Well you two would make a cute couple…” Rarity admitted.

“R-Rarity!” Twilight said, surprised, a light blush forming on her face.

“Well I’m just saying dear.” Rarity took a sip of her tea, avoiding eye contact with Twilight.

“You kind of would…” Fluttershy said as she sunk down in her chair a little.

“F-Fluttershy…” Twi’s blush deepened a bit.

“S-sorry” Fluttershy said, sinking deeper into her chair.

“Somepony’s getting red!” Rainbow laughed.

“Oh! Oh! Maybe she wants to be with Luna!” Pinkie said while giggling with Rainbow. At that comment, Twilight’s face went almost completely red, making almost everypony chuckle or laugh. Luna also had a slight blush on her face and was slightly hiding behind her mane.

“Besides Twi, it wouldn’t hurt for you two to date. Especially since you’re pretty hopeless with anypony else.” Twilight just gave Rainbow an un-amused look at her comment.

“Really dear, what harm would it do? Besides, you two are spending time over the holiday anyway.” Rarity added.

“Well the harm that it could do would be Princess Celestia not being comfortable with her sister dating somepony.” Twilight countered.

“Well I think she’d be happy for her.” Applejack said with a smile.

“Yeah! Plus the Princess already knows you Twilight! There’s no way she’d get mad at you two!” Pinkie added.

“But…” Twi trailed off.

“Come on dear, you might as well try.” Rarity said.

“It won’t hurt nopony” Applejack agreed.

“But I… I mean… but…” Twilight stuttered, unsure of how to respond.

“… Well… it doesn’t have to be anything serious…” To everypony’s surprise it was Luna that had spoken.

“Y-you’re okay with this Luna?!” The lavender unicorn said, shocked. A light blush came onto Luna’s cheeks as she gently shied away a little.

“Well, again it doesn’t have to be serious…” Luna said again.

“See, even the Princess agrees!” Pinkie said, bouncing a bit in her seat from the excitement of the conversation.

“There really is no harm in it dear.” Rarity assured her.

“Come on, just try it Twi.” Applejack urged.

“I… but…” Twilight let out a long sigh. “Fine… I guess we could try it… but it’s nothing serious!” Every one of her friends stared at her for a second in shock then cheered a little. They had actually convinced Twilight into a relationship. Serious or not, they had done it.

Luna just sat there still a little shocked that Twilight had actually agreed, but she was even more shocked at herself. The fact that she actually kind of wanted to see what it would be like to be in a relationship, a real one. She could not remember the last true relationship she had. As far as she could tell, the only pony that had truly shown her love was her sister. She could barely contain her excitement at the thought of finally being with somepony. However she soon remembered it was just a “get to know each other better” relationship and her ears dropped a little. Plus, she really didn’t know if she would even like Twilight like that. However, she was still happy by the fact that she would get to spend some time with Twilight and her friends.

Twilight was also lost deep in thought at what she had just agreed to. She wondered how this would work, what was going to happen in the days to come, and how was she going to make a princess feel at home in her library. She was on the verge of almost panicking at the thought when Mrs. Cake finally brought out their food. With the intoxicating aroma of freshly cooked pancakes, syrup, toasted bread, and melted butter filling the air, both Twilight and Luna lost any worries their minds had harbored. Hunger soon filled their minds and everypony was ready to satisfy their stomachs’ needs. But before any of them started to eat they all looked over at Luna who was looking over her pancakes. The question on everypony’s mind now was, was Luna going to like them?