• Published 13th Dec 2019
  • 456 Views, 14 Comments

(Hour Long Movie) Murder on Hearths Warming - DakariKingMykan



A pony is found dead, but who did it?

  • ...
43
 14
 456

Intro: Hearths Warming is Near

INTRO

Hearths Warming: a time when ponies and other creatures celebrate the joy, the love, the friendship being spread, though some seemed to enjoy the receiving of gifts more than others.

Of course, it was still several days away, and many ponies were getting ready-- all were busy decorating, wrapping gifts, some were making donations to charities.

Twilight and Starlight were especially gathering donations to help feed homeless and poor ponies.

“Thank you for your donations!” Twilight said “Remember, helping other ponies at the holidays is a real act of friendship, and that’s what Hearths Warming is all for.”

Starlight was keeping the books, and she was impressed. “With all this money we’re raising, there may not be a single poor pony left when we’re through.”


Rather than helping them out, Spike was out shopping with Rarity at the outdoor market; helping her get fabrics and new sewing material she needed for her holiday lineup of clothing and outfits.

Spike was overloaded again, carrying huge piles of fabrics. So many that it was hard for him to see where he was going.

“Oh, Spike, it is so darling of you to help me with my errands.”

Spike chuckled while trying to maintain balance, “Anything for you, Rarity.”

Rarity then gasped at the new sheets of fabrics that lay before her. “Oh, my…! Look at this beautiful shade!”

“Uh-oh!” groaned Spike, and before he knew it, Rarity was smothering the new fabric and loading it into bundles atop the already huge pile, and one of which flopped right over his eyes.

“Hey! I can’t see!” he groaned, and now he was stumbling around trying to figure out where he was.

In his stumbling, he bumped into some-pony else, and all of Rarity’s fabrics went flying through the air.

“Spike!!” cried Rarity, “My fabrics!!”

Luckily, the pony Spike bumped into happened to be a unicorn, with a pink coat, and a blonde mane, with a cuitemark of a lipstick tube, and she used her magic to quickly levitate the fabrics in midair, and folded them neatly into a stack and set them on the table near her.

“Oh, thank you ever so much!” Rarity panted as she looked her fabrics over, while completely ignoring Spike.

“I’m fine. Don’t worry about me.” he muttered.

“Your welcome.” replied the unicorn.

Suddenly, Rarity recognized who this pony way, “Lip Smear? Is it really you?!”

Lip Smear then recognized her. “Rarity…! Why, it’s been such a long time!”

The ponies shared a warm hug, and Spike got up brushing the snow off his head. “Who’s this?” Spike asked.

“Oh, forgive me,” said Rarity “This is Lip Smear, she and I were old friends in Pony Pre-school, before she moved away to Canterlot to start her cosmetics business.”

“Hello.” she said politely to Spike.

Spike shook her hoof in his claw. “Sorry to have bumped into you.”

“It’s alright,” replied Lip “I’ve bumped into many it seems, what with the holidays around.”

“I must ask,” said Rarity “What brings you here to Ponyville. I thought you were still in Canterlot?”

“Oh, I’ve branched out. I’m here for the grand opening of my newest store outlet in Ponyville, which is my Hearths Warming gift to the community.”

“Oh, my dear!” cried Rarity “That is simply delightful. I must see it when you open for business.”

Lip giggled and promised her a front row place.

“Sorry to dash off. I have an errand to run and then I’m meeting up my new cold-friend.”


“Oh, you have a colt-friend too?”

Lip sighed “The handsomest pony there could ever be. You must meet him. Perhaps later we could have lunch together.”

Naturally, Rarity agreed and couldn’t wait to meet this “Handsomest Pony”

The ladies bid their goodbyes and Lip went off.

“Gee. Seems like a nice pony.” said Spike.

Rarity sighed, and soon she and Spike were on their way back with bags full of Rarity’s purchases, and at least this time Rarity carried some of the bags herself, strapped to her back, while Spike only carrier three bags at once, which he was able to lift while flying.

“Oh, I simply must make Lip Smear a scarf for Hearths Warming. Oh, not just any scarf, of course, but one simply dazzling; that says “Welcome back old friend, and congratulations on your success.”

“I’m sure she’ll love it,” agreed Spike “Especially if you made it from the heart.”

She smiled at him lovingly.

Then suddenly they both ran into Pinkie Pie, or rather she approached them throwing snow like confetti and shouting, “HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!” and she handed her friends each a candy cane.

…That teensy bit of extra weight made Spike drop down to the ground. “Happy Holidays to you, Pinkie.” he replied.

Pinkie sighed heavenly. “Don’t you just love this time of year? …The smiles, the joy, the friendliness, the PAAAAAAAARTIES!!”

She picked up more snow, throwing it up high and catching the flakes on her tongue as they fell, and she giggled at the coolness.

“Nope, I dare say nothing can go wrong at all.”

Then she bounced off merrily, wishing every-pony in-sight “Happy Hearths Warming!”

Soon, Spike and Rarity reached Carousel boutique and were unloaded all the supplies. When suddenly there was a knock at the door.

“Spike, would be a dear and…”

“At your service…!” Spike quickly said as he dashed for the door.

He fluttered up to the knob and opened it to find some purple Earth Pony with a brown mane and a cutiemark resembling that of a moving dolly, slammed a big box of things down before him and said. “Here’s the rest of your stuff.”

Spike was confused, “Um… excuse me? What is this?”

Now the other pony was confused, “What are you talking about? I was sent to give you this stuff--” she stopped when she checked her clipboard, “Oh, wait…!” and then she checked the numbers on the side of the house. “Oh, moving morons, I did it again. I got the wrong address. This stuff is supposed to go to the house down there at the corner of the street.

Sorry about that.”

“No problem.” said Spike.

The pony grabbed the box and placed it back on the dolly, but before going off she gave Spike her card. “If you ever need things moved, I’m the pony to call.

See ya.”

Then she was gone, and Spike read the card: “Shifty’s movers: For all your moving needs.”

“Whoever was that?” asked Rarity.

“Just some mover who got the wrong address.” replied Spike.

Then he shut the door and went back to helping Rarity.