• Published 14th Dec 2019
  • 1,926 Views, 40 Comments

Altered Perspectives: The Long Way Back - CapNTilfy



The Friendship Games have ended, and the students and faculty of Crystal Prep must adjust to the fact that magic does indeed exist...

  • ...
1
 40
 1,926

Indigo Zap

Author's Note:

This chapter is going to be a little different from what I've written so far.

This chapter is meant to depict what goes on in the head of someone with Autism Spectrum. (This is only loosely based on my experience, I don't speak for anyone else)

Indigo Zap and Fleur De Verre sat next to each other, with the former simply staring out the window.

"Hey there, Zappo!"

The sounds of motorcycles ran through her mind, but Indigo just wanted to go home.

Sour Sweet Sour Sweet Sugarcoat Lemon Zest Sour Sweet

The bus was quiet, which Indigo was grateful for.

"Unleash the magic!"

Indigo wanted to say something, but didn't want to say anything.

"Hey there, Zappo!"

Indigo felt a hand on her shoulder. "N-Notouch," she said without looking behind herself.

A portal opened up in the middle of the air, and a horrific plant monster emerged.

Sugarcoat Sugarcoat Sunny Flare Lemon Zest Sour Sweet

Indigo heaved a sigh. She just wanted to go home. She needed to recharge. Badly. Her mind was racing. Well, faster than usual.

"Are we gonna win?"

Indigo wanted to say something, but didn't want to say anything.

"You will race in pairs. Indigo Zap and Sugarcoat will handle to motocross."

Indigo mouthed the words 'who wants to know?'.

A portal opened up in the middle of the air, and a horrific plant monster emerged.

"Done! I'm fucking done!"

Indigo rested her forehead on the window, feeling like everything from the past week had began to crash into her. At an agonizingly slow rate. She made a barely audible whimpering noise, a noise that she had not made in public since she enrolled in Crystal Prep.

Twilight Sparkle Sugarcoat Dean Cadance Twilight Sparkle

On Indigo's first day at Crystal Prep, she immediately caught on to the environment. She knew right away that showing signs of autism to anyone would result her being eaten alive, and she wasn't going to have that! The only way to stand out in this madhouse of a jungle would be to be even louder and annoying than anyone else! Airhorns! Random, unpredictable behavior!

Principal Cinch Dean Cadance Principal Cinch Sour Sweet

In hindsight, she should have known that one of her acts of randomness would end up changing things for her, for better or worse.

A portal opened up in the middle of the air, and a horrific plant monster emerged.

Only one person in the entirety of Crystal Prep knew Indigo's secret, and she was sitting right next to her.

"Unleash the magic!"

Indigo wanted to say something, but didn't want to say anything.

Indigo wanted to say something, but didn't want to say anything.

Indigo mouthed the words 'Wrong answer! Are we gonna win?'

The silence in the bus was doing little to calm Indigo down. She was beginning to feel restless, and she wanted to be out of this bus and at home! She made the whimpering noise again, only slightly louder. That, too, did little to help her. She needed more comfort. Summoning some willpower, she turned to face De Verre.

De Verre looked at Indigo worriedly.

"T... T..."

De Verre opened her mouth, only for Indigo to shoot her hand forward with her pointer finger out. De Verre nodded in understanding.

"T-Tr-Truust."

De Verre tilted her head.

Indigo slowly scooted over to De Verre. "Needthis."

De Verre raised an eyebrow as Indigo made the sound again.

"Helplease."

Indigo got within an inch of De Verre, who gave her a questioning look.

"Okaytouchokay." Indigo pressed her head against De Verre's shoulder. It wasn't either of her parents, but it was someone she trusted, and that would have to do for the time being.

De Verre slowly wrapped her arms around Indigo, and Indigo let out a long sigh.

Indigo was still antsy, but only a little less than before. She took a hold of one of De Verre's hands, then placed it on top of her head and gently ran it downwards, then back up again.

De Verre gently stroked Indigo's hair, and she sighed again.

"T... Trust... Y-You," Indigo stuttered. "N-Need Need N-Need t-this." For the moment, she didn't care who heard or saw her. All that she needed or cared about right now was being comforted, and De Verre's caring and warmth was providing just enough to take the edge off before she got back home. "N-Nee-Need T-T-This..."

Indigo closed her eyes and basked in De Verre's body heat, the sound the bus's engine being the only thing she could hear. "Feel little better," she muttered. "Not sure talk."

"It's okay," De Verre whispered. "I wouldn't want you to strain yourself any further than you already might have."

"T-Th-Thank."

De Verre smiled warmly and nodded.

The thoughts in Indigo's head gradually returned to a normal and acceptable magnitude. "Wanna go home be home," she muttered, still unable to form full coherent sentences.

"Yeah," De Verre said softly. "I hear that."

"Day end already. Too long. Mom Dad calm hug." Indigo made another noise, similar to the one she had made several times earlier, but with a bit of a happy tone to it.

"Bet I can't hold a candle to them," De Verre said.

"Doing fine no worries." Indigo pressed her head into De Verre's shoulder a little harder. "Done talk now."

"Understood," De Verre said, then rested her head on Indigo's with a sigh. The bus ride continued on in silence until someone blurted something out abruptly.

"Holy fucking shit!!"

Indigo and De Verre yelped and jumped together, and De Verre peeked up from the seat.

"Lemon Zest sound," Indigo said.

De Verre nodded. "Yeah, that was her all right." She smiled. "At least we don't have to wonder what got into her, right?"

Indigo snorted. "Crazy ass day. Mind fucked hard."

De Verre sighed. "Yeah. I'm still trying to process it all myself. I can only imagine how you're handling all this."

Indigo pointed at De Verre. "First hand witness."

De Verre smiled and rolled her eyes. "Okay, you've got me there."

Indigo and De Verre enjoyed some more companionable silence until Lemon spoke again. This time, however, whatever she had said was barely audible to the two of them.

"There yet," Indigo asked.

The bus came to a complete stop.

"Question answered," De Verre asked with an amused look.

"Question answered."