• Published 8th Dec 2019
  • 819 Views, 11 Comments

Wallflower’s Favorite Time of Year - BlackWater



Wallflower goes out for an Eve date with her two girlfriends, Sunset and Twilight. Before they can have the perfect evening, however, they run into some unexpected old friends.

  • ...
4
 11
 819

Mulled Cider

Wallflower made a giggle from the warm blanket she had bundled herself into while sprawled end-to-end on the sofa. Her phone was in her hands, a fresh message on the screen from the girl she had recently exchanged numbers with. It was odd to think of them of the former enemies of her present lovers. At least as far as Sonata was concerned. That girl was as sweet as Fluttershy and yet didn’t have a vet and animal sanctuary to run simultaneously and take all of her time.

“Sonata says she’ll be available Friday!” Wallflower’s happiness was almost too bright to look at. But then the light from the fireplace and Christmas tree was almost as vibrant, so it didn’t help Sunset to avert her gaze.

Sunset Shimmer stood over the girl on their sofa, arms crossed and an oven mitt still on one hand. “Gonna move or do you want me to sit on you?” she asked, more joking than serious.

“Sit on me?” Wallflower finally looked from her phone to her apron-wearing girlfriend. Neither the crackle from the fireplace nor the holiday music they were playing while Sunset baked was loud enough for her to mishear. Her own question was innocent at first. A mere parrot. But thoughts started entering her head when the words escaped her lips.

Sunset’s eyes started to widen as she realized her phrasing…

“Pffft,” gave an unsuccessfully stifled blurt of laughter from the loveseat opposite the sofa. Twilight’s face was still buried behind a book so it was unreadable.

The resident redhead didn’t need to see her face to know what her other girlfriend’s expression was. Wallflower was still mildly innocent-minded in spite of their intimate interactions. Twilight was mostly the same but, when it was just between the three of them, she had gotten a surprisingly dirty mentality. Not that Sunset had any room to judge. Twilight had only gotten this way because of her.

“H-hey,” Sunset’s posture loosened as she backtracked. “I did not mean that. Really, you two. You’re both going to get coal tomorrow if you don’t start being good.”

Twilight could no longer resist. She gently lowered the book to reveal slightly pink cheeks and a seductive grin. “Oh no,” she said in an overly dramatic voice. “What will ever happen to us if we are both naughty tonight?”

“Sunny will be too tired in the morning to make us cinnamon rolls for breakfast,” Wallflower responded with somber disappointment. She may have been competent enough to make them herself but that didn’t mean she wanted to. Baked goods from one’s girlfriend were always better.

Twilight’s pervy grin was swept from her face by the grim reality. The book returned in front of her face as she slid further into the loveseat. “We’ll be good tonight,” she promised sadly.

Sunset put her hands to her hips with a sigh. Returning her gaze to her green-haired girl, she rose a brow and resumed the original topic. “What’s she available for?”

“The greenhouse!” Wallflower’s cheer returned quickly.

“Oh!” Twilight exclaimed in kind, putting the book down again. “The one on 8th street?”

“Yes,” Wallflower barely contained a squee of excitement. “They’ll still be running the light show with the guided tour until New Years.”

“What’s got you so into it?” Sunset sat on the edge of the sofa near Wallflower’s blanket-bundled feet. Her gaze had only momentarily turned to the oven timer that was still visible from her spot.

Twilight gave a pout. “I can’t be interested in the things my girlfriends like?”

“It’s the synchronized light show and scientifically detailed and accurate presentations of the flora,” Wallflower answered for Twilight while pretending to push up a pair of non-existent glasses.

“Hey!” came the immediate protest.

“Heh,” Sunset shook her head, knowing Wallflower was right. “Friday, hm? That’s when Trixie wanted to hang out too. Proooobably not interested in greenhouses, though,” she stretched out the word when considering Trixie’s tastes.

“She’s still into performance arts and effects, though,” Twilight commented. “She might enjoy the lights. Drawing on outside interested was why they set up the event the way they did.”

“Hmm, maybe,” Sunset fiddled with the oven glove as she thought about it.

BEEP! BEEP!

That was her cue. She stood back up and returned to her work in the kitchen.

“Why don’t you help?” Wallflower smiled at Twilight.

“Did you already forget last time?” Sunset’s voice carried back from the kitchen. “Vetoed!”

Twilight shrugged at it. “Turns out baking is more art than science.”

Sunset’s face briefly appeared from the kitchen door to deliver a glare. “You made AJ’s turnovers melt the pan.”

“The pH levels were off!” Twilight defended herself.

“They’re apple turnovers, Twilight! You turned our friend’s homestyle baking into a bioweapon project!”

Wallflower began regretting bringing it up and further retreated into the warm blanket and her cheery conversation with “Taco<3Princess69” on her phone.

It was late. Might have past midnight already. Sunset didn’t know or care. The fluffy rug in front of their fireplace was just too soft and warm. After she had collapsed there, Wallflower and Twilight had joined her. So she wasn’t sure if it was mostly the fireplace or the girls on each side of her that were making it so cozy.

Why was she so sleepy, though? Sure, they had been away for an outing today and ran into some unexpected faces. But aside from that, it was mostly just the baking that had been on her agenda...ah.

She remembered.

They had shared a drink after she had recovered enough to sit back up temporarily. Mulled cider. That stuff always made her sleepy when it was this late. Not like that was a bad thing. After all, now was certainly a good time to sleep.

Except if she just slept here then she’d probably wake up with a sore back. And a burnt upperhalf with a frozen bottom half. And bruises from a twisted bra-

“Yeah, no,” Sunset shook her head and stood up. “Time for bed,” she nudged the sleepy Wallflower and already-asleep Twilight.

“Five more minutes,” Twilight mumbled almost incoherently.

“I’m sure those glasses will feel really good when you roll your face into them,” Sunset deadpanned. “Come on, babe,” she helped pull the girl up and ignored the rush in her head from having stood up too fast herself.

Thankfully, Wallflower was more awake and caught Twilight’s hand before she could attempt to rub her eyes, which would have only pushed her glasses painfully into her nose bridge. Wallflower took the glasses off for her while Sunset lead the half-asleep zombie scientist to their bedroom.

What followed was a mild chaos of brushing and/or attempting to brush teeth. Sunset complained about “being too tired for this” and she prevented a still half-asleep Twilight from putting the mouthwash on her toothbrush instead of the paste.

Wallflower had already finished so she got out of the way and changed. She had just started buttoning up her pajama top when the other two came out of the bedroom’s private bathroom. Twilight fell face first onto the bed as if her lifeforce had just been sucked out of her. Sunset, however, had enough energy to first embrace her greenthumb girlfriend from behind.

“Was it good?” Sunset softly spoke the words.

Knowing what she was referring to, Wallflower smiled fondly and blushed only a little. It had indeed been a pleasant day. Each holiday they shared was a priceless treasure in her heart. That these two not only loved each other but had enough love for her as well…

She tried not to get teary right before bed.

“Thank you, Sunny,” she replied with a loving nuzzle to Sunset’s face, which had rested beside hers on her shoulder. “And you too, Twily.”

“I’m glad,” Sunset took a deep breath and let it out.

Wallflower stifled a giggle and resumed buttoning her top. She was the last one to change, since she had brushed her teeth first while the other two changed. “Your breath tickles,” Wallflower explained in a whisper.

“Oooh?” Sunset turned sly. Yes, she was tired and the clock beside their bed was reading 1:20am. But this was hardly the worse decision she had ever made. And it was technically Hearth’s Warming (or Christmas as it was known here). Her presents were not under the tree. They were right here.

“Mmm,” Wallflower let out a content sound as Sunset forced her to pause buttoning again. The redhead’s warm hands were exploring beneath her shirt, lightly caressing her sides and then her stomach. Then they started upwards.

“Under the covers,” came a certain voice.

Sunset and Wallflower looked down. Twilight had one eye open and on them while gesturing to the sheets she had still not gotten under.

“It will be warmer there,” Sunset agreed. She turned with Wallflower still in her arms and landed backwards onto the bed with her.

Though they soon gained some very thick and fluffy sheets atop them, they also lost a few sets of pajamas as well. The effort to put them on may have been wasted but having them off was what kept the trio from overheating while cuddled together under the sheets. Perhaps they would have remembered that fact earlier had they not been so tired. But now that she was comfy and between her two clothing-free girlfriends, Wallflower was reminded once more why this was where she felt most happy and most safe.

The scent of mulled cider still drifted about their home and holiday lights gave a joyful glow that drifted in around the edges of their bedroom door even when it was closed.

Wallflower kissed both her lovers goodnight.

This truly was her favorite time of year.

Comments ( 3 )

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

“Sunny will be too tired in the morning to make us cinnamon rolls for breakfast,” Wallflower responded with somber disappointment. She may have been competent enough to make them herself but that didn’t mean she wanted to. Baked goods from one’s girlfriend were always better.

That's what I normally say about my dads breakfast sandwiches. :ajsmug:

“Heh,” Sunset shook her head, knowing Wallflower was right. “Friday, hm? That’s when Trixie wanted to hang out too. Proooobably not interested in greenhouses, though,” she stretched out the word when considering Trixie’s tastes.

Knowing trixie, she definitely won't like it. 😒

This truly was her favorite time of year.

Same here:twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment