• Published 8th Dec 2019
  • 825 Views, 11 Comments

Wallflower’s Favorite Time of Year - BlackWater



Wallflower goes out for an Eve date with her two girlfriends, Sunset and Twilight. Before they can have the perfect evening, however, they run into some unexpected old friends.

  • ...
4
 11
 825

Unicorn vs Siren

Is this a joke?” Sunset stood there, a mixed expression of disbelief and disgust on her face.

But nothing more could be said because a healthy portion of the crowd turned to face the person Adagio had just addressed. A scattering of gasps made it obvious the call out had put a big pointing arrow over Sunset’s head.

The Sunset Shimmer?!” one person exclaimed.

“Rainbooms are here?!” said another.

A few people in line jumped or ducked under the line rope, readying autograph materials as their friends held their place in line. Sunset and Twilight were used to getting the occasional recognition and request for autograph when they were out and about. They did make a few hits with the band, after all. And even though they only got together once in a while to play for fun, they still lived around the areas they had played publicly in the past.

Nobody had asked them yet today, though, and Sunset was happy to keep it that way. Thanks a lot, Adagio, Sunset frowned.

“Your songs were my favorite,” one fan declared as they came up.

“Fluttershy actually wrote those,” Sunset sighed. “The ones I wrote were always played in group – not solos.”

A fangirl approaching from the left also commented. “You were such an epic lead guitarist.

Actually, Rainbow was always the lead guitarist. But she didn’t correct the girl because if Rainbow ever heard that then she would definitely be max-level miffed. The thought warmed Sunset’s heart. It had been far too long since she had last teased the star athlete. All in good-spirits, of course.

“And you, Twilight,” Fan #1 continued some one-sided conversation with Twilight, who was splitting her attention with the sirens and the new crowd interest.

Sunset, however, brought her gaze back up to the sirens and continued towards them after politely excusing herself from an unpaid surprise autograph session.

“So, when was your big break?” the fiery redhead narrowed her eyes at the trio. Last she had known, the group was touring in a bus with no control magic and relying on trick hooks to sell.

“Summer,” Adagio easily continued her smug look. “And we worked for it. Unlike your last album as the Rainbooms. We didn’t sell copies because of some sappy love confession.”

Sunset didn’t flinch though. Rather, she smirked back. “And I suppose the three of you are just good platonic friends. Not ever swapping cherry chapstick backstage after the applause?”

Adagio’s mouth dropped open, having been blindsided by the comeback. It was the other two that gave them away, though. Aria’s eyes opened up like dinner plates before she fought to hide the next expression that probably would have overly obvious. Sonata was just grinning like an idiot.

“Actually, Ari prefers grape~!” the blue-haired siren beamed and bounced happily in addition.

The resulting chest movement caused more than a few cheers from the line. Though it might have been Sonata’s words that nearly caused the fangirl from earlier to faint in bliss.

“Shut it!” Adagio quickly retorted. She had turned to her fellow siren with a panic. In a lower-volume growl that most of the other people couldn’t hear, she added, “we agreed to keep it private.”

“Sorry, but I just had to repay your kindness,” Sunset shrugged. She had to turn down a few more requests for signature at the same time. Adagio knew what calling her out would do – swamping them with unwanted attention on an otherwise peaceful evening. It wasn’t evil but it was still a very “Dazzlings” thing to do to them. Well, if they wanted to mess around then she’d mess back.

“Are you all, like, together?!” a fan from the front of the line asked. He seemed sincere but Adagio’s face should have made it abundantly clear that such inquiries were not welcome. “Because I would totally be supportive if you were.”

Sunset couldn’t help but to snicker now that she had walked up to the booth from the other side of the rope. Since she had access to the back of the booth from this side, she went there and put a hand to Adagio’s shoulder while giving the fan a wink.

Adagio turned her sneer to Sunset. “Go to hell,” she growled in that same low tone so that only Sunset would hear.

Wallflower, meanwhile, had stuck with Sunset and was now conversing with Sonata. Whether it was because Sonata was the group’s primary PR or because she was just naturally more approachable and friendly, Wallflower didn’t feel as apprehensive in responding to her like she did for the other two sirens.

“Oh, so I just misunderstood. My bad,” Sunset stated with the intention of being heard by the line. Then she leaned in to whisper in a volume only Adagio could hear, “I hope you all enjoy your night – full of that kinky pretend-sisters threeway action that seems to be what gets you off.”

Adagio’s face contorted. Not able to decide whether to go for rage, disgust, or complete embarrassment. When she finally recovered enough to react, Sunset was already hopping back and chuckling. Far enough away to be safe from a swing. After all, those spiked wristbands Adagio was wearing would hurt.

As it so happened, Sunset did indeed narrowly avoid getting her throat grabbed by Adagio.

“Go play with your harem, Sunny,” Adagio nearly barked out. “And leave us in peace.”

“Just two, actually,” Sunset kept stepping back with undeniably smug body language. “My love life is sincere, not a gacha game. For the record, I wasn’t implying your feelings were insincere either. Happy holidays, girls!”

Sonata was, of course, the one to react favorably to Sunset’s overly sweet parting. “Awww, thanks, Sunny. We should totally hang out all together sometime. I’d love to swap-”

No sharing,” Aria said through her teeth as she pulled on Sonata’s arm, causing the other girl to nearly tip in the opposite direction of Wallflower.

Another round of “oos” and “ahhs” from the line at the resulting breast movement.

“But they’re like the only other people I know of around here that are poly,” Sonata pouted cutely. Probably the only way Sonata was capable of pouting. “And they’re soooo nice,” she added while passing Wallflower a heartwarming smile.

Adagio gave Aria a knowing look. “She just meant swapping stories, Aria. Chill.”

Aria, however, still gave a “tch” in response.

“We’ve got autographs to give,” Adagio shifted into a deadpan. She knew Sonata would just wonder off making friends with them if she wasn’t reminded.

And she didn’t want to get dragged into more encounters with Sunset than she had to. There was a good reason she had called out the girl, causing the inevitable signature swarm. The redhead annoyed her. None of her tricks or manipulations worked on the girl.

Sunset was the only person who had ever approached her trio with nothing but her own guts. Even if Adagio had rebuffed her at CHS when she had dared confront them, it still bothered her. Maybe she just reminded her too much of the reason they had been banished in the first place. Starswirl. The only pony to ever have the guts to take them on and do it solo on top of that.

And he kicked their fins all the way into the human world.

Not fond memories.

Wallflower said her goodbye to Sonata after the two exchanged numbers. Ugh, Adagio rolled her eyes. Sonata had lost all of her bite in the last couple years. The girl might as well open a candy store with all the sweetness she exuded.

And yet, Sonata still managed to convince her after their autograph session ended.

“It would be good if we could talk to other people like us,” Sonata spoke to her privately as Aria downed some energy drink. “Besides, we wouldn’t be getting together until after the holiday anyways. We do have plans after all, and I’m sure they do too.”

Aria coughed after getting the last drop out of the can. Then she wiped her mouth and tossed the can in the recycle bin near the entrance to the ladies’ restroom where they had regrouped. “I won blackjack last night. I’m getting both of you in reindeer costumes tonight and neither of you can cop out.”

“As long as you got the ones I said were okay,” Adagio groaned. Then Aria’s smirk made her add. “You got the crotchless ones. I told you not to!

“The game rules had no restrictions. No take backs,” Aria chuckled darkly. “Suck it up, Rudolph.”

I told you that you looked good in a Santa hat,” Sonata joyfully put the hat back on Aria’s head.

This time the purple-haired rocker didn’t resist. “And I’ve got the reins tonight.”

Sonata might have been excited for it but Adagio could have sworn that toothy smirk was straight out of the deepest level of hell.