• Published 8th Dec 2019
  • 1,880 Views, 7 Comments

Darker Shadows - ScorchingFlamesInc



Everypony questioned what made Cozy Glow evil. But a few nights before Twilight Sparkle's coronation, a shocking visitor shows up at her castle, holding answers to Cozy's past. It's not what you think.

  • ...
3
 7
 1,880

Chapter 3: Friend

I awoke in my bed, realizing that I cried myself to sleep last night. My vision was blurry and the light was slightly blinding. I noticed that the pillow I cried on was stained with blood.

Blood...

I got off the bed and slowly trotted to the bathroom. When I got there, I looked in the mirror and got a good look at my face.

As I expected, there was a large bruise on my cheek and my right eye was mostly swollen. And right across the bruise on my cheek, was a large red cut. Dried blood ran off my cheek.

I immediatly realized that I forgot two things last night due to my mood.

First off, I forgot to contact the pony police about the thief that took my purse and the mare that raided my apartment. But it was too late for that. Both thieves could be long gone and I don't know who they are. Though I suppose I could use my former special somepony to help find the mare that raided my apartment. Then again, he could back her up.

Deciding to push the subject to the back of my mind for the time being, I searched the cabinet in the sink and took out exactly what I was looking for: a first aid kit.

Using my hoof, I held a soft pad on my cheek while I used my wings to tear off pieces of adhesive tape and put it on the pad, sticking it to my cheek. Due to using my wings, I did accidentally tear off a couple feathers. But at least the pad was now secure to my bruised face.

Next thing that happened when I looked back at the mirror was me noticing how unkempt and stringy my mane is.

Now, I'm not a fashon pony. But sometimes, when I am in bad moods, I tend to style my mane in weird ways. It helps take my mind off of things.

I opened another cabinet and took out some combs, scissors, a few random hair-styling tools such as rollers and clamps, and a couple ribbons. I used the scissors to slightly trim my mane before I went to work on combing it and then doing other things. I spent ten minutes combing, cutting, clamping, and curling my mane before I did one final thing: tied it all together with an ivory ribbon. And without looking in the mirror, I preceded to curl up my tail as well, tying another ribbon on it when I was done.

After another five minutes, I was done. I took a look in the mirror and saw what my mane had become. A few curls were hanging out from under the ribbon, draping themselves in front of my forehead. A couple strands of hair that weren't completely curled draped on my forehead as well. Behind the ribbon, my mane was lumpy and all done up. Another curl or two hung on the side of my head. I then took a look at my tail, which was done up in one giant curl. The whole time I looked at my mane and tail, I was shocked at how I was able to pull this off. Plus, it kinda made me look cute...

"Wow... I may begin to wear my mane like this more often," I said.

Then, I looked at the ground and saw the many clumps of hair laying on the floor.

Sighing, I went to the bathroom closet and opened it. Thankfully, my broom and dustpan were still there.

I grabbed it with my wing and began sweeping up the hair and throwing it in the bathroom garbage can. It didn't take long.

Then, remembering the mess I made yesterday, I went back to the kitchen to resume sweeping. Once again it didn't take long to sweep, and it was even quicker to wipe up the spilled jelly with some napkins.

As soon as I threw away the last napkin, I heard a sound from the door.

Fwip-tick-tick-tick

I turned and saw a letter resting in front of the door, and the mail slot on the door flipping in and out.

"Huh... the mail pony that actually uses the slot must of been here..." I quietly said.

I went to the letter, picked it up, and looked at returning address on the front, expecting it to be another bill. But there was no return address.

Filled with curiosity, I opened the letter and read it, hoping it would be something good this time.


Hey, Prudent!

I just got back from Princess Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns about a week ago. I've been hoping to visit, but I've been busy. But luckily, I am able to come this Friday. I hope to see you at the train station soon. Let's say, 12:30.

Your Friend,

Sparkle Gleam.

I felt a huge jump in my chest before I rushed to my calender.

Today is Friday!

At first, I panicked, but one look at the clock calmed me down. It was only 10:30, so I had a whole lot of time to relax before I made it to the train station.

I spent my time picking up the stuff that was scattered all over the place when the apartment was robbed.



One hour and fifty-five minutes later...



I sat on a bench at the Manehatten train station waiting. Patiently.

Since I haven't said anything about Sparkle Gleam yet, I may as well speak about her now.

Sparkle is a unicorn, and my biggest childhood friend. We knew eachother since we were foals. We were so close, that when Sparkle was told she had to go to Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns, we cried for hours. We hugged so hard, that it took a lot of convincing for us to part ways. Since then, I have recieved a few letters from her. One letter I got from Sparkle had her coming out of the closet as a lesbian. I couldn't have been any happier for her. Other letters would tell me stories of some of the most hardest tests that had to be taken. According to the letters, Sparkle passed every single one!

Storytelling aside, I bit my lip. Another thing about Sparkle was that she was very defensive of me. I knew that if she saw my face, she would get upset. And when she gets mad, she does two things. Either she tries to convince me to do something to never get into those situations again, or she hunts down ponies that robbed or beaten me. And what does she say she will do to them? She promises to break their face.

Finally, I noticed a train finally ride into view before it stopped on the tracks at the station. Once it stopped, it opened it's doors and multiple ponies walked out.

I didn't see Sparkle Gleam once.

Until the very last pony exited the train.

Author's Note:

Link to poll: https://www.fimfiction.net/blog/881006/poll-which-crossover-fic-should-happen

Link to other stories (if you want to read them. You don't have to): https://www.fimfiction.net/user/345991/CartoonopolisAdventures/stories

Feel free to make theories on what will happen. And always let the brony or pegasister within conquer your creativity.