• Published 27th Mar 2020
  • 3,166 Views, 172 Comments

Product of Friendship - AzuraKeres



With the defeat of Chrysalis and her allies, peace was finally achieved amongst many creatures. All creatures were given the choice of happiness, except for one creature that was stolen of her mother.

  • ...
6
 172
 3,166

12: The Sisterhood

Author's Note:

Characters

Potion Nova

Leader of the Sisterhood with a mission unfathomable to many.

Hop

Mayor of a city in Abyssinia that leads a secret underground drug trafficking of Devil’s Dust.

Pixie

A wild young feline that is the daughter of Hop.


Full (Commissioned) Character List - Here

The night was stained by grim clouds and stars. A radiant moonlight beamed into a large opening of the cavern. The room lit azure like a lantern.

A round of creatures gathered around the walls of the cavern. They stood atop circling platforms of stone like bleachers as they took each other’s hands, claws, and hooves.

A dark cloak concealed them, colorful yet sapped of brightness. Small features of scales, fur, or skin peeked out of their cloak, revealing themselves to hail from diverse origins.

They chanted a song. Their voice spoke an unknown language. One perhaps long forgotten, or never to have existed in this realm.

The stone platforms spiraled around the center where a black cauldron held orange liquid that rumbled like lava. Before, the cauldron is where their leader stood.

She was a mare that garnered a purple dress, eloquent and gothic. Her eyes shot neutral at the cauldron. Her ears were attuned to the vocal of her followers. She wondered if this would be enough.

Through many trial-and-errors, she strove to attain the desired result of her rituals. All of them have so far ended with failure. Most ended with injuries, some with casualties.

She held a pouch before her with her magic. For so long, she has desired to learn the origin of its content. Its composition was a secret that she has strived for months to unravel.

She harnessed her magic and pulled a green aura out of each of her singing followers. It flowed inside the cauldron, pigmenting the orange to shimmering green like a molten emerald.

She whisked the pouch above the cauldron and poured its content of dust inside the cauldron. The dust solute quickly in the bubbling liquid.

As her song of her followers chimed through the hollow cave, the cauldron became erratic. The liquid rumbled wildly, the cauldron itself shaking and bearing fractures.

And then a tentacle emerged.

It was octopus-like, with emerald eyes peering from behind its suckers. More emerged from the cauldron that disappeared underneath its hide. None could make heads or tails of its body. It was a creature of unknown origin, beyond the comprehension of a mortal mind. A creature that hails from the deepest secrets of magic.

The unfathomable creature released a shrieking cry that cast over the song of the mare’s followers. They craned their heads and shuffled about the floor, sharing their groans of pain.

The mare held her ground, her eyes cold as that of a corpse. “Creature of origins,” the mare spoke, taking a step before the creature. The creature whipped one of its many tentacles at the mare, but she summoned a partial barrier that deflected it aside. “Are you the one that I have sought?”

The unknown creature released another cry and dropped two of its tentacles upon the mare. She blocked them with a partial barrier but noted its static shift as if it was to phase out of existence.

The mare held her neutral gaze. “You are infecting my magic. Do you intend to corrupt me?”

She stood close before the creature, placing a hoof between its many eyes and teeth that lacked proportions and purpose upon its incomprehensible body.

Her eyes lit an emerald flame and then she finally smiled. “I’m afraid that’s impossible. My body has ascended beyond those concepts. Perhaps if it had a mind of its own, it would try to kill me because of it.”

Her hoof shimmered a purple light and permeated over the creature’s body. Its cry shriek of pain as it tried to bury the mare with its many tentacles.

However, the tentacles were pushed back and then rounded the creature’s single head that holds all its limbs. They tightened around the creature’s head as all its eyes gaped upon the mare.

“I’m just like you now,” the mare said. “No, I would argue I am beyond your comprehension now.”

The mare took a step back and harnessed her horn to sprout black iron poles from under the creature. They surrounded the creature as they connected, forming a narrow cage. The bars shrunk between its many tentacles, restricting its movement.

Her followers one by one recovered from their headaches and observed their leader at work. She summoned a syringe before her and penetrated its needle inside the creature. As she pulled back the plunger, black liquid filled its barrel.

When she withdrew the syringe, she petted the creature. “Good boy.”

She summoned a white feather onto her hoof and squeezed a droplet of the black blood atop it. It’s clear whiteness immediately soaked black and withered to ash in her hoof.

The mare glared at the dust, displeased.

“High Priestess Potion Nova,” a follower of the mare said and kneeled before her.

Potion approached the cloaked follower that revealed her scaled skin and claws. “My young sister,” Potion said. She placed the syringe on the follower’s claw. “Gather the acolytes to proceed with experimentation. I’m certain this creature can serve some use to us.”

“As you wish.” The follower bowed and then raised to speak with the other followers.

Potion has now concluded another summoning ritual has yet again been another dud. However, she cannot help but feel that she is getting slightly closer. But how long is her search before she could reach its end?


Potion Nova walked through the dark halls of the cavern. A glimmer of light lit through the darkness from violet torch lights propped against the stone walls.

They were a creation of hers that she took delight in a long time ago. The memories of her peers, her parents, and her beloved mentor remained vivid to her. She impressed them with her knowledge and so desired more of their recognition. She felt satisfaction with her ways akin to pleasing those she held dear. How could they have impeded her after guiding her towards this path?

She entered a chamber that stored a long stone table where many of her followers sat. They raised from their seat at her arrival and one closest to the opposite end of the table spoke, “High Priestess Potion Nova. We are honored by your return. Please, enlighten us of the summoning ritual.”

Potion sighed. “I don’t know why it’s so hard for all of you to call me sister Potion. We are known as the Sisterhood for a reason.”

She walked past her followers that took a bow before her — “I apologize, but none of us could possibly set ourselves as equals to someone as high minded as you”—and sat before the opposite end of the table.

“I founded the Sisterhood to gather creatures across the lands that share my interests in the secrets of the land and magic itself,” Potion Nova explained. “We have striven together in our many research to uncover information not known by many and some foreign to this world. I would like to think our endeavor has pushed our bonds beyond student and mentor.”

The regaling following pulled back the hood of her cloak and revealed herself as a longma. Her power blue face frowned before her leader. “I’m so sorry. We did not know this wounded you. Please, forgive our misconduct.”

Potion raised a hoof before the longma. “I have already forgiven you, sister. I view all of you as my family, an extension of myself as I am to you.”

The blue longma smiled. “Thank you, sister.”

Potion nodded at her — “Good, now then,”—and then harnessed her horn to pull a small pot that laid at the center of the stone table. “I need to make a call.”

Potion shot her magic inside the pot that held broken woods inside. They lit in blue flames as the smoke rose to the air. It mysteriously formed a circle before Nova and lit a small light within its misty ring.

The light beamed brightly before displaying an image of an office. A lean Abyssinian sat before a desk where he playfully swung a small pink Abyssinian about in his paws.

“Daddy, stop,” the pink Abyssinian laughed. “You’re not playing fair.”

The Abyssinian gave a grin. “Oh, and you expect me to let you simply tooth my coat. Mandy would be so shocked to see how wild our daughter is.”

“But I don’t want to be prim and proper all the time,” the pink Abyssinian complained. “You promise I could let loose when we’re alone.”

The lean Abyssinian sat the pink one on his lap. “Yes, yes. You deserve to be a child, but perhaps not in my office. You know this is where I work, right?”

“Hop,” Potion announced, earning a perked ear from the two Abyssinians. His eyes laid at Potion Nova while the small Abyssinian looked about.

“Hey dad,” the pink one said. “Did you hear someone?”

“Pixie,” Hop said, laying the pink one before him. “Daddy has an important call to answer. Why don’t you go play with Miss Birdy for a bit?”

“Aww, but you promised we would go to the fair today.”

“We’re still going, Pixie. This will only take a moment.”

The pink Abyssinian groaned. “Fine.”

When the pink one hopped out of his office, Hop glared at Potion Nova. “I distinctly remember arranging a specific time frame for our meetings. It saves me the concern of you snooping on my personal time.”

“Afraid I may find you frolicking with an anonymous maiden,” Potion said. “I’m certain a male of your status has a long record of debauchery.”

“Perhaps, in the past,” Hop said. “But there is no creature in these lands that could satisfy me like my wife. Never have I met a feline so innovative.”

“How about we shift to more important matters?”

Hop shrugged. “Your loss. I could have enlightened your clan of virgins so much of adult pleasures.”

“Hold your tongue, cat,” the blue longma sneered. “Lest, you invite our wrath.”

Hop tilted his head. “Is that long neck over there? Long time no see. I’ve been longing to see you in one of our transactions.”

The longma growled but Potion held her hoof before her to signal her to stop. “Hop, I require more of your Devil’s Dust.”

“Figured as much,” Hop said. “Among many of my loyal customers, none order as large as you. However, I’m afraid I will have to lower the stocks.”

Potion arched an eyebrow. “And why is that?”

“Sorry, Princess, but I’m in the midst of management with the inventory. And unfortunately, I can't spare you the details. I do hope that’s alright with you.”

Potion’s face was neutral. “... Fine then. Send me what you can. I shall arrange a team of my sisters to arrive for the transaction.”

Hop clapped his paws. “Sounds wonderful. I do hope to see Miss Long Neck. I really feel a spark to great friendship.”

Potion Nova swiped the smoke away, dispelling her magic communication.

“The nerve of that cat,” the longma growled. “If not for his resource, I would have long scorched his disgusting grin.”

“I want you to send scouts around Abyssinia,” Potion ordered. “Scavenge the land and bring me reports of anything out of the ordinary.”

The longma gaped in confusion. “Oh, yes, sister. But why?”

“The drug he creates requires the blood of a creature unlike anything of this world. If he’s in the midst of management with his inventory, then that could only mean two things. Either he is relocating the creature, or he has lost it.”

“The one we’ve been working hard to summon on our own?”

“If it’s out there, then I need to find it. Only then will we reach closer to discovering the origin of magic.”