• Published 7th Dec 2019
  • 13,491 Views, 196 Comments

Nightmare Sparkle - Twilight Star



Twilight Sparkle feels sad and betrayed by her friends, Spike, brother and mentor after they have ignored the warnings that Cadence was evil. Nightmare, feel these negative feelings in the unicorn and see an opportunity.

  • ...
46
 196
 13,491

Fallen to the dark side (Edited)

Twilight Sparkle watched her brother leave the room where the wedding rehearsal would be. She felt sad, Twilight hoped her brother would take her words seriously, but the unicorn was very wrong. She glanced back to where her friends and Spike were sadly.

Twilight’s friends were still shocked, but the only one who didn’t look shocked anymore was Applejack. “Let’s go, guys”

Twilight’s friends looked at Applejack. “Let’s comfort the princess”

Twilight Sparkle watched her friends leave unhappy. She was very sad, but she was sadder to see Spike accompanying the five mares. She felt betrayed. Did her friends lie to her all this time?

Twilight Sparkle realized that Celestia was also leaving, but with an unhappy face. She tried to explain her reasons, but Celestia responded very harshly. “You have a lot to think about”

Tears came from Twilight’s eyes after she heard what her mentor told her. Why? Why didn’t her mentor believe her? She thought Celestia would always believe her.

Twilight Sparkle watched the two guards leave the room and leave the unicorn alone. She hit a hoof on the head. “How could I be so childish?!”

Twilight Sparkle looked annoyed as she spoke the phrase, but after she had finished speaking, her anger was replaced with sadness. She ducked her head before going up the stairs to cry. Does everypony hate her now? Just thinking about it made her want to cry even more.

Twilight remembered when she entered the rehearsal room with an unhappy expression and accused her ex-foalsitter without proof. She should have said it without being annoyed. Twilight was sure that if she had spoken more calmly, perhaps her friends, mentor, and brother would believe her.

But she began to remember what her brother said. Shining Armor told her that Cadence was stressed. Was it really stress or was she right? She didn’t even know anymore. The only thing Twilight wanted to do now is go far away from Equestria and never be seen again by her friends, mentor and brother.

When she arrived on the stairs, Twilight lay down to cry. Twilight wanted to have a way to prove to the others that she is right.

“I thought my friends would listen to me after that accident with Smarty Pants.” Twilight Sparkle said bitterly. “But it looks like I was wrong.”

Twilight Sparkle began to remember when her friends went to explain to Celestia that it wasn’t her fault but their own. That night, she was surprised. And Twilight Sparkle can remember that her friends seemed to speak as if they had learned a friendship lesson. Did they forget or lie to her? If her friends lied to her, she was starting to feel angry. Twilight knew she shouldn’t feel it from her friends, but she felt it.

Suddenly, a light blue mist came through the hole in the door that Twilight was in and smiled as it saw the unicorn crying alone. The fog approached.

Twilight Sparkle couldn’t stop crying. Her tears wet her cheek. Twilight felt something touching her, but as she was crying, the unicorn didn’t seem to care so much. It stroked the unicorn’s mane.

”There, there, Twilight. Don’t Cry.”

Twilight Sparkle heard the voice and tried to look at the figure. But from crying so much, her vision blurred. She rubbed her eyes with a hoof before blinking and her vision returned to normal. Seeing the figure, she recognized who it was. “N-Nightmare?!”

Nightmare seemed happier for the unicorn to recognize her.

”You know my name? How interesting…”

“And how wouldn’t I recognize?” asked Twilight Sparkle. “It was you who used Luna to cause eternal night.”

”Well, you’re right. But it was she who wanted her night to be enjoyed. I just found a way for her wish to come true.”

“But why are you here?” asked Twilight Sparkle. “Shouldn’t the Elements of Harmony have destroyed you?”

“Twilight, when you and your friends used the Elements of Harmony, you just made me separate from Luna. I am an entity that is attracted to negative feelings.”

Twilight Sparkle looked scared. What did she feel that attracted Nightmare? “Did you know what I was feeling?”

”Yes, Twilight. Before I came here, I was at the Castle of the Two Sisters. When I felt negative feelings in Canterlot, I went to see what was going on.”

“But how did you know it was me?” asked Twilight Sparkle.

“I’m attracted to a wave of negative emotions, Twilight. The closer I get to the place that has negative emotions, the easier it will be for me to be in one place.”

Twilight Sparkle wanted to know something. “But do you only appear in public places or only in places where a pony is alone?”

”I only appear in places where a pony is alone, Twilight.”

“But I don’t understand,” said Twilight Sparkle. “Why did you come to me? I know you were attracted to negative feelings from me, but what do you want from me?”

”Simple, Twilight. I have an offer for you.”

“What offer?” asked Twilight Sparkle.

“I’m feeling your feelings, Twilight. You’re feeling sad, angry, and betrayed by your friends, your dear mentor, your dragon, and your brother.”

Twilight Sparkle felt sad to feel it. But she shouldn’t feel that way. It was the fault of her friends, mentor, Spike, and her brother who didn’t listen to her for their warnings.

Nightmare felt Twilight’s sadness and hugged her.

“Why this sadness, my little pony?”

“I feel guilty about what I’m feeling,” Twilight replied.

”What are you feeling, Twilight?”

“I’m feeling sad, angry and betrayed that no one has heard my warnings about Cadence being evil,” Twilight replied.

Nightmare smiled.

”Twilight, there’s nothing wrong with feeling these negative feelings. Everypony feels these feelings from time to time.”

Twilight Sparkle looked a little surprised, but still had sadness on her face. “Really, Nightmare?”

”Really, Twilight.”

Twilight Sparkle didn’t look as sad as before. But remembering what her friends, Spike, her mentor, and her brother did made her cry again.

Nightmare realized that the sadness of Twilight has returned.

“Why are you crying again, Twilight?”

“I feel like everypony has gone against me and they don’t want to know about me anymore,” Twilight replied.

”Twilight, what if I told you there is a way for you to show your friends how sad, angry and betrayed you are?”

Twilight Sparkle looked happy. “Really? Which is?”

”Let me take control of your body.”

The unicorn was startled. “What? Never!!”

”And why not, Twilight?”

“You’ll hurt my friends, my brother, Spike and the princess,” replied Twilight Sparkle.

Twilight, I don’t mean to hurt anypony you like.

“But what if you’re lying?” asked Twilight Sparkle.

”I’m not lying, Twilight. You can trust me.”

Twilight Sparkle seemed uncertain whether or not to accept this offer. “Really?”

”Yes, Twilight. Come on, accept it. With you by my side, we will show them what it means to feel betrayed.”

“But I don’t want to betray them, Nightmare,” said Twilight Sparkle.

”You will not betray them, Twilight. I will only show them your frustration before them.”

Twilight began to wonder whether or not to accept.

“So, Twilight? You accept?”

Twilight Sparkle looked at Nightmare. “Ok, Nightmare. I accept”

Nightmare went to the Twilight Horn to enter. Twilight’s pupils turned into light purple dragon slits. She began to squirm a lot. When Nightmare completely entered the horn, the form of Twilight began to change. The color of the lavender fur turned black, but it wasn’t so strong black. The outline of the body was a dark purple. The dark blue part of her mane changed to a light purple, the purple streak turned a dark purple and the pink streak went to a hot pink. Her Cutie Mark was the same, but in the pink star she had a slit through the star. In the slit it had two six-pointed stars, one larger and one smaller. And lastly, the mane and tail glowed.

“Muahahahahahahahaha! At last! I successfully possessed the bearer of the Element of Magic. And now, everypony will pay for not listening to me!”