• Published 5th Dec 2019
  • 793 Views, 8 Comments

Equestrian Singularity - Evowizard25



Five Singularities have pushed our heroes to the brink but they have persisted. Now a new threat emerges and Grogar will test the heroes of chaldea and Equestria like never before.

  • ...
1
 8
 793

Twilight Summoning

“...Manehatten has fallen,” the guard before her spoke, his head bowed.

Princess Twilight Sparkle was not having a good time. No, she was feeling incredibly awful. She had been unable to defeat Grogar when she felt she had the chance. He was far too powerful and his servants were on a level she had never seen before. She didn’t feel comfortable letting Rainbow face one without knowing their capabilities. So she ran. Now Grogar had been able to amass an army made up of these servants and other beasts and creatures he had under his command.

In the middle of the courtroom, there laid a map of Equestria. It was similar to the one in her own castle with the Friendship Map. Portions of the Equestrian Kingdom were red or purple. Purple were areas under her control. Red were Grogar’s.

“And with that,” Princess Twilight’s frown had been etched on her face for days. “He controls half of the country. Has Applejack reported back.”

“We haven’t gotten any word from Lady Applejack,” the guard said. “She was in the city when it was taken and was last seen on the front lines helping civilians escape Grogar’s forces.”

Princess Twilight could feel a stab of pain in her heart as she heard that. She leaned backwards and closed her eyes, doing her best to keep her breathing steady. Applejack was not the first friend she had lost in this war. Fluttershy had been taken. On the first day in fact. It would seem that Grogar had prepared for this and sent one of his new servants to kidnap Fluttershy. It wouldn’t be too hard if Discord wasn’t there. She was alone with only a few animals capable of helping her and they were… dead.

Angel had survived of course, albeit bruised. Discord however… She hadn’t been able to contact him. At best, Princess Twilight guessed he was stuck in his dimension. Grogar wouldn’t chance having him running about and it would allow him to kidnap Fluttershy with ease. Without Fluttershy, they couldn’t use the Elements of Harmony. Now without a second bearer, they were that much weaker. She cursed herself for rushing into this conflict. She fell into a trap, but a small part of her knew that Grogar would have had a way of breaking them up before they fired the Elements. He was too casual and too smart. Surprise was needed and the only way to do that would be to break them out.

Her soldiers however weren’t enough. Grogar’s minions were on par or more powerful than their own, not even counting the dragons and other beasts under his employ. This wasn’t even talking about his servants. Said servants could even take on dragons. Ember had lost a few in their aid of Equestria. Everyone was hurting in this war and she didn’t know what to do.

That was a lie of course. She had one idea. She had the ability to use spells after seeing them just once. It was nifty to have and helped her pass school with ease. Now?

She stood up, “Strengthen our lines. We will play a defensive war. Whatever manner of creatures Grogar Summon, he will have to fight on our terms. In our fields. We will make him pay for each spot of ground he tries to conquer.”

The guard saluted, “Yes, Your Majesty.” Then he left.

Princess Twilight left as well. However, she didn’t follow the rest of her soldiers. Instead she teleported into her own room. The floor had been cleared and her books had a purple shield around them to protect them from the spell she had prepared. The spell could go wrong. It could backfire. She could accidentally summon a demon or something of the like. She wouldn’t chance her books in any of those cases. She needed to find a way to save Equestria and her friends. She knew Grogar hadn’t killed them. He’d use them as hostages or for some elaborate spell. At least, she hoped that was the case. So she had time.

She looked to the image on the floor and closed her eyes. Her horn lit up as the magic flowed through her form. The alicorn channeled power the likes of which few could attain in this world. She hoped it would be enough to summon aid.

As the spell continued, a strange energy seemed to surface. It was foreign to her. A new type of magic. She focused on it and could sense something akin to a magical heartbeat. This was it. Her servant would appear right before her now and help her country. A sudden flash filled the room as it came to a crescendo. Then it was done. Princess Twilight could feel a pull. A connection. Something was there, standing and breathing before her. So she opened up her eyes.

It certainly looked like a human. Remembering her days of visiting the other world, she would have thought that was the case. Yet this woman before her was different. She had the aura and outlook of a magical being like her. In fact, it felt so magnificent that the princess would have thought of her as an alicorn version of the humans. Perhaps she was.

She had long, light green-ish hair that sparkled slightly akin to her own mane. Two black raven wing pins were on the sides of her head. She wore a black dress with a purple corset and dark blue armor on her arms and legs. A yellow ribbon was tied loosely around her neck. She was beautiful beyond words. Fair skin like she had never seen before. The woman bowed, “I am Brynhildr, Servant Lancer. How may I be of service?”

______________________________________________________________________

Romani took a sip of his coffee. He always felt like praying to the man who invented coffee. Coffee had given him the strength to survive this long. Long nights day after day. Little to no rest. He practically lived off of the stuff these days. He missed having a load of help and free time. Well at least some of the servants gave him a bit of help to ease all of it but still.

He was honestly thankful they hadn’t been forced to do any major singularities in a while. The American one was taxing for a lot of servants and staff. He wasn’t going to lie that he almost had a heart attack at certain points. It was a close call. The demon god army that was summoned by Medb wasn’t something that he thought possible.

They could have all died. If that was possible, what else could the masters and servants face in future singularities? It made him shutter. He didn’t want to think about it. He’d just do his best to make sure they were ready for anything. A number of summoned servants were incredibly strong. Surely they could take on stronger beasts in teams… hopefully.

Just as he was taking another sip, suddenly the computer screen before him came alive with activity. He quickly finished the sip, having learned to take surprised well given the number of times he had spit out his coffee before, and put down the cup. Typing a few lines of code, he was able to make sense of it. He was thankful he hadn’t taken a second sip because he would have surely spat it out after looking at what he was seeing.

He blinked a few times and looked over the data. Furrowing his brow, he stood up and started to scan it through other computers and they came up with the same sort of data. He couldn’t deny it as being real. He sat back down in front of his computer and put his elbows on the table. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

The singularity was unusual in every way. If the data was right, then the energy had been building up in this area for some time before it was being detected. It was as though someone was blocking it, but something burst that bubble. If that was true, then the sorcerer had to be extremely powerful to hide the presence from Chaldea’s systems. It could be Solomon and if it was, he shivered.

What was most unusual about it was that it wasn’t based on a time in Earth’s history. Not even a fantastical version of it. No, this was another world entirely. If that was true, then that opened up a new can of worms in their line of work. If Singularities could appear in other worlds, then Chaldea may never be able to fully get rid of them. They’d be popping up everywhere. Their systems could read servants and their histories quite well, but without further intel from history or fantasy books, they’d be in the dark in some aspects of possible encounters.

Romani sighed. There was one servant in Chaldea that made this world her home. He felt like her heart would break when she found out about this. Singularities tended to scar the areas involved. People she would know were probably dead. Yes, they weren’t ‘her’ friends and family. Just different versions, but it was never easy regardless.

He felt someone tap his shoulder and he looked over his shoulder He smiled at the lovely Da Vinci. The eccentric Caster had a hand on her hip as she looked at him curiously, “Can I help you?”

“What’s the matter?” Da Vinci said as she peered at the screen, “You seem tense so…. Oh…” She huffed and pulled back, crossing her arms. “Twilight’s going to be quite upset. She was so happy with the new school and meeting Shirou again and now this happens? Talk about bad timing.”

Romani sighed, “Yes, it is.”

The Singularity was happening in none other then Equestria.

_______________________________________________________________________

Grogar sat alone in his lair. All of his servants were out now furthering his plans. The Equestrian army couldn’t hold up to them. The only ones who still gave him trouble were the heroes of Equestria. Even then, they fell one after another. The nation would fall. He would be chuckling if it was just that simple. Princess Twilight Sparkle wasn’t an idiot and the other two former princesses were still alive and kicking. He was just thankful he had found a way to cut off Discord from this world. The creature of chaos would only be allowed in after his conquest and he had plans to drain that beast once that happened.

Yet there was one hiccup. It would seem that Princess Twilight Sparkle was a very unique sorceress. Being able to duplicate a spell from just seeing it being performed once was astounding. He would have loved to have taught her. Now though, he could only begrudgingly give his respect while hating the results.

“Someone’s in a foul mood,” a haughty feminine voice spoke up. Grogar looked over to see a human woman approach him. She was rather beautiful by human standards. She had long blonde hair and silky smooth skin. She wore a veil around her head with a crown of blue spikes atop it. Her dress was black and blue and showed off most of her stomach and some of her chest. The rest had red markings on it. This was a servant he had summoned. Morgan Le Fay, servant Caster.

Grogar instantly knew the type of woman she was. She reminded him of Chrysalis but slightly more competent and easier to stand. She did not have a candle to his own power, but he would never turn his back to her. “Only slightly annoyed. Princess Twilight has summoned her own servant.”

“Troublesome but this isn’t the end of the world,” Morgan said as she stopped several feet before him. “She cannot summon enough servants to seriously challenge us in the needed time.”

“No, she cannot.” Grogar nodded, “But in doing so, she has cut through my spell hiding this planet from Chaldea’s sight. Now they know that something is wrong and are very likely going to send their master here. I cannot let that happen.”

Morgan pouted, “If you are that worried, why not finish off the Elements now and set a trap for them?”

“Because I do not know if the Elements will simply choose another wielder,” Grogar started. “They’ve done it before. No, I will keep them all here in my grasp until such a time I am sure I can do something about this infernal magic. As for the master, we do not know where they will show up. I will have to summon more servants to counter what they send against us.”

Morgan bowed her head, “You are very wise.”

“I have to be to survive over a thousand years in hiding,” Grogar snorted, “Princess Celestia was a cunning opponent as was Gusty. Speaking of which,” Grogar’s horns lit up and a map of Equestria lit up. “The former Princesses are pushing against us quite fiercely in the south eastern front. I want you to send a few more servants to end this now.”

Morgan nodded, “It shall be done, my lord.” With that said, she turned and left the room.

Grogar sat in silence once more. Even if Chaldea came to stop him, they would fail. He was not a fool. He had plans just in case something like this happened. He grinned. This would be their end of days.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the wait. Was trying to sort some things out. Hope you all enjoyed this and I can't wait to read your feedback. It means a lot to me.

Comments ( 2 )

Hope to see more soon

I hope to see Sigurd if you do not mind.

Login or register to comment