• Published 9th Feb 2020
  • 584 Views, 5 Comments

A new dawn - Frosty_Rainbow



Sunset and all her friends are having a sleepover when she receives an important message and all her friends are summoned to Equestria. A new change is in store for her, can she handle it?

  • ...
0
 5
 584

Destinies come with a cost

The ponies cautiously walked through the dark forest, everypony was tired, they had been walking for hours taking occasional breaks to drink water or rest. Everypony was grumpy.

Sometimes Discord would try to lighten the mood by cracking a few jokes, but everyone was to tired to care, except for Frosty.

"Hey, um Discord was it?" Frosty asked in a polite manner

"Yeah." Discord replied miserably

"Well, just wanna apologize for everyone, guess their just moody because of the lack of sleep, maybe one good rest and they'll be good in the morning." Frosty said nudging him in the arm softly

"Yeah, guess were all tired, Thanks Rainbow." Discord said playfully, "Chocolate milk?" He asked snapping his fingers making two glasses of chocolaty goodness appear

"Hm, don't mind if I do." Frosty said, taking the glass with her hooves and taking a sip, "Delicious."


Princess Celestia and Luna got up to rise the sun and lower the moon, When everypony else woke up and didn't say a word to each other. They seemed less grumpy, but still no pony talked to each other.

"Morning everypony." Frosty said, trying to lighten the mood

"Morning" They responded

"I know everypony is tired, but try cheer up, I checked the map and were not to far from the tree." Frosty said cheerfully

"Miss Rainbow is right, being miserable won't get us anywhere." Princess Luna admitted

"True, and we'll have to work together to try and stop whatever this 'virus' is." Starlight said

"You know what will cheer us all up?" Pinkie pie (from Equestria) said

"Cupcakes!" Both Pinkie's exclaimed

"Good idea!" They both said

"That's sounds like a good idea, were gonna need as much energy as possible, we have a long walk ahead." Princess Celestia said

About 40 minutes later, both Pinkie's came out of a tent Discord magically made appear with a delicious smelling chocolate cake.

"How did you make that without an oven?" Stormy asked

"Discord made it appear." Pinkie pie (from Eg) said

"I don't care how you made it, the cake looks so good!" Frosty said, her mouth watering slightly.

"Let's cut this baby up." Sunny said making a knife appear with her magic, "I'm getting good at this magic stuff aren't I."


"Hmm, that was so good." Stormy said, finishing up her cake.

"Good? It was amazing!" Both Rainbow dashes exclaimed.

"Okay, come on guys, we gotta keep going if we wanna find the tree." Starlight said .

Everypony got up and started to pack while talking in small groups.

"Hey Rainbow." Frosty said to Rainbow dash (from Equestria) catching her attention.

"Yeah, Frosty was it?" Rainbow replied putting her saddle bag back on her back.

"Later today, could you teach me to fly? You seem like a pretty good flyer, and I wanna learn to do it before we have to leave." Frosty replied, taking her own saddle bag and placing on her back.

"Good? I'm an amazing flyer and I'm a Wonderbolt! but sure! anything for a friend." Rainbow said winking at her.

"You consider me a friend, even though you don't know me at all?" Frosty asked.

"Of course! any friend of Sunset is a friend of mine." Rainbow dash said nudging her arm softly, causing Frosty to laugh a bit as they continued packing.

"Wait, also what's a Wonderbolt?" Frosty asked.

"I'll explain later." Rainbow said picking up her sleeping bag with her mouth and strapping it to the saddle bag.

Meanwhile, Sunny and Sunshine were trying to master picking things up with there magic, they were getting pretty good at it.

"Hey Sunny, what else do you think we can do with magic?" Sunshine asked strapping her sleeping bag to her saddle bag.

"I heard Twilight and Sunset talk a out teleportation on the way here." Sunny replied.

"Do you think we should try it?" Sunshine asked eagerly.

"Sure. I mean, how hard could it be?"

Sunshine nodded and closed her eyes, her first thought was where she wanted to go, she started thinking of Galaxy. And in a bright yellow flash she was at Galaxy's side. She was picking up her stuff and putting them in her bag, when she heard the 'pop' noise of Sunshine teleporting, she let out a quick yelp and backed away.

"Ahh! Oh it's just you Sunshine." Galaxy said in relief, putting a hoof to her chest to calm her breathing, "Don't ever sneak up on me like that again! How did you do that anyways?"

"Teleportation, it's pretty easy. And sorry for scaring you, guess I need to work on not scaring people." Sunshine said with a sheepish grin.

"Hey Sunshine you did it! You teleported!" Sunny yelled from across the campsite, catching her attention.

"Wow, you teleported on you first try, took me weeks just to get it right." Princess Twilight said approaching them.

"Guess I'm a fast learner." Sunshine said.

"Come on guys, we gotta go." Sunset said to everypony.

"Wait Sunset Shimmer, walking is going to take another hour, and we don't have much time on our hooves, remember? I think if me and my sister combine our powers, I think we can safely teleport us to the tree of harmony." Princess Luna said

"Yes Luna, I think that's a good idea." Princess Celestia said to Princess Luna, "Brace yourselves everypony!" She bent down to Luna for their horns to touch as a yellow and blue bubble surrounded them all, and in a flash they were gone.

------------------------------
At the tree
------------------------------

The ponies arrived in a flash at the tree of harmony.

"Someone get me a bucket, I think I'm gonna p-" Frosty cut of finding the nearest bush to puke.

"Sorry, gets some getting used to." Princess Twilight said passing her a bottle of water from her saddle bag.

"Heard of car sickness? Well I have teleportation sickness." Frosty groan gurgling the water and spitting into the bush, then taking a proper drink.

"What is this 'car' you speak of?" Princess Luna asked.

"Wait, you don't know what a car is?" Stormy asked back, Sunset and Twilight gave her a 'now is not the time so shut up is you know what's good for you' look, "I mean, your highness." Stormy quickly corrected bowing slightly

"That shalt not be necessary subject." Princess Luna said signaling for her to rise.

"Anywho, I present to you the tree of harmony!" Pinkie Pie (From Equestria) said grandly

Everyone gazed in awe at the tree before them, (except the main 6 and the royal pony sisters) the tree was massive with five gems inside it's branches and a purple six shaped star jewel in the middle.

"So I'm guessing the gems are the elements of harmony?" Galaxy guessed pointing to the gems on the tree

"Yeperonnie!" Pinkie Pie said, " Each of the gems is a representation of us! The red one's Dashies for loyalty, the orange one is Aj's for honesty, The purple one's Rarity's for generosity, the blue one is mine for laughter, and the yellow one is Fluttershy's for kindness!. But most importantly, The other purple one in the middle is Twilight's for magic!"

"The elements are what keeps Equestria safe." Princess Luna explained

"And their also what balances magic." Princess Celestia said.

"Before they were controlled by the six that you see today, my sister and I used the wield them." Princess Luna explained

"Their we're used to defeat villians like Sombra, Discord, Chrysalis and...Nightmare moon."

Celestia put a hoof around Luna and pulled into a hug while everypony else (except for Frosty, Sunny, Sunshine and Galaxy) hung their heads in silence. Frosty stared at everyone in confusion, but just kept quite.

"Okay, let's get cracking on this magic mystery case!" Starlight said, trying to lighten the mood. The main six walked towards the tree looking up at the shining gems hanging on the branches.

"Well, guess it's time we take them back again." Princess Twilight said nervously glancing at the others

"You can do it whenever you are ready Twilight." Princess Celestia said in a calming voice. Princess Twilight took a deep breath before using her magic to remove all the elements and levitating them to her friends. Once each element reached their proper owners it magically transformed into a necklace and for Twilight a gold crown with her element on top.

"My, it's been so long since we've worn them." Rarity said looking and admiring her necklace.

"How did they go from gems to-um nevermind, it's a magic!" Stormy said face hoofing.

"That's offensive" Rainbow dash (From Equestria) muttered

"Anyway." Frosty said glaring at Stormy, "We should run some tests or something to see what's up with the elements."

"Good idea, but my sister and I need to lower and raise the moon." Princess Celestia said.

"Wait, what?! First of all that goes against all science and logic. You can't lower the Sun, the Earth rotates around it! It doesn't make any se-" Frosty interrupted Twilight by placing her hoof around her mouth to silence her.

"I apologize your Highness, what my friend meant to say was; go ahead. Isn't that right Twilight?!" Frosty said glaring daggers at Twilight. She nodded in response and said a few muffled words.

"Oops, sorry." Frosty said removing her hoof from Twilight's mouth.

"Let's go lower the sun." Princess Celestia said

"And raise the moon." Princess Luna finished as her and Princess Celestia flew up into the sky the lower the two great celestial bodies.

"I don't care what logic it goes against, that sunset is BEAUTIFUL!" Sunny said dramatically, wiping a fake tear from her eye causing Sunset to roll her eyes and shake her head.

"You know Twi, you actually make a good point, the Earth DOES rotate around the Sun, but this is a kid show and there's no room for logic." Pinkie pie (From Equestria) said. Everyone stared at Pinkie (except for the other Pinkie) completely stunned by what she said, but passed it off as Pinkie being Pinkie. When the Princesses were done lowering and raising the sun and moon, they joined the other's who were inspecting the elements.

"Chocolate milk anypony? Discord said holding a tray of floating glasses of chocolate milk with tiny cotton candy clouds on top.

"Your the lord of chaos, and chocolate milk is the best you can do? Ha! I've seen more chaotic drinks produced by my little brother!" Galaxy teased.

"Galaxy darling, I wouldn't do that if-" Rarity (From Equestria) tried to warn but was cut off.

"Is that a challenge?" Discord said, snapping his fingers causing the tray of drinks to appear in front of Fluttershy, "Hold these for me dear Fluttershy."

"Is the lord of chaos too scared to challenge me?" Galaxy said with a smirk.

"Oh Sweet Celestia." Applejack muttered.

-------------------
One chaotic mess later
------------------

The cave floor was filled with all sorts of strange drinks, from bubbling cotton candy milkshakes with lemonade or a gemstone smoothie that Spike was now snacking on.

"Remind me to never cross with you." Galaxy said trying to remove the weird but delightfully smelling gunk that was in her purple and blue mane.

"You asked for a challenge I gave you a challenge." Discord said, snapping the mess away. Meanwhile the others were trying to work around their battle and gave a sigh of relief when it was snapped away.

"Okay, so while you two were goofing around, we found out something." Frosty said sipping her chocolate milk that the others had been drinking while Galaxy and Discord with at 'war'.

"Yes, we noticed that the elements are becoming dimmer and dimmer! Princess Twilight cried.

"Okay meaning?" Galaxy said taking a glass of chocolate milk for herself.

"Don't you see? There dimming because there losing magic!" Sunset explained.

"Oh no! and if they lose magic-" Galaxy said finally catching on.

"Equestria shall lose it's." Princess Celestia said grimly.

"Wait, I think I know how we can save Equestria, but you may not like it." Frosty said.

"We'll do anything to help!" Rainbow dash (From Eg) said confidently.

"You know how your geodes are like the elements of harmony? Well maybe the can work like them." Frosty said suggestively.

"Frosty you're not saying we..?" Twilight asked

"Give up your geodes? Yes that's what I'm saying." Frosty said placing a hoof on Twilight's shoulder.

"But, then we might lose our powers!" Applejack exclaimed.

"How will we protect our world then?" Rarity said looking down at the ground in despair

"Well, our powers don't technically come from our geodes, remember we all started getting powers before we got the geodes, so we may not lose them." Sunset said hopefully.

"I guess your right." Twilight said looking up at Sunset.

"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's save Equestria!" Pinkie pie (From Eg) cheered

"Oh wait, we left our geodes in our bags at Twilight's castle." Rainbow dash grumbled.

"You're forgetting somepony just learned teleportation." Sunshine said suggestively.

"We don't all need to go though, I don't think I can teleport all of us." Sunshine said.

"Your right, I'll go with you Sunshine, we'll be back!" Sunset waved. Sunshine moved closer to Sunset, closing her eyes and igniting her horn, they were gone in a flash.

----------------------------
At Twilight's Castle
----------------------------

Sunset and Sunshine arrived at the Castle in a yellow flash. Sunshine had teleported them to the throne room.

"You did it! You teleported us here safely!" Sunset said putting her hoof against the floor several times to make sure she was standing safely.

"I can't believe it!" Sunshine exclaimed, "Anyway, let's find those geodes."

"First let's find our room." Sunset gulped nervously looking out the door into the hallway of identical doors.

Sunset and Sunshine wandered into multiple rooms, finding the kitchen, the guest bathroom, Starlight's room, Spikes room and even Twilight's laundry room.

"Why do they need washing machines if they don't wear clothes?" Sunshine wondered.

Finally, after lot's of wandering, they found their room. "Oh thank Celestia we found it! let's get the geodes and teleport back!" Sunset said. She rummaged through Applejack's, Fluttershy's, Twilight and her own bag, removing their geodes.
While Sunshine dug through Rainbow's, Pinkie's and Rarity's bag removing their geodes.

"Got em', let's teleport back." Sunshine said wrapping a hoof around Sunset and teleporting them back to the cave.

---------------------
Back at the cave
-------------------

Pinkie drew a circle in a box and got up and yelled; "I win" in Princess Luna's face, not caring about her manners.

"Indeed you do Pinkie pie." Princess Luna said

A loud pop noise startled everypony as the looked to the center of the cave to see Sunset and Sunshine standing there with seven necklaces in Sunset's magical grasp.

"Yay you're back!" Pinkie (From Eg) squealed excitedly

"And with our geodes." Sunset added, levitating the necklaces to each of her friends.

"Are you guys ready to do this?" Rainbow dash asked

"Ready as ever!" Applejack (From Eg) said putting her hoof out.

"Let's kick some dark magic butt!" Pinkie (From Eg) said excitedly, placing her hoof on top of Applejack's.

"Let's do this." Twilight said confidently, placing her hoof on top of Pinkie's, forming a pile

"Of course darlings!" Rarity said delicately placing her hoof in the pile.

"Yay " Fluttershy whisper shouted putting her hoof in the pile.

"On three" Sunset said putting her hoof in as well.

"1,2....3!" They cheered throwing their hooves in the air, "For Equestria!"

"When ever you're ready girls." Princess Twilight said.

The seven girls took off their necklaces and glanced at each other.

"What ever happens, we will always be friends, powers or none." Twilight said encouragingly

Sunset took the necklaces in her magic aura and held them to their correct positions.

"Honesty." Sunset said placing the necklace (which had transformed into an amber gem) in the empty place causing that branch to glow.

"Laughter." Sunset said again placing a newly transformed blue gem into empty place also causing the branch to glow.

"Loyalty." Sunset said placing the red gem into it's place

"Generosity." Rarity wiped a small tear from her eye as she hugged a crying Fluttershy.

"Kindness." Sunset said glancing at Fluttershy weeping into Rarity shoulder. She bravely put the yellow gem in it's place.

"And finally magic." Sunset placed the final gem in the center.
There was a bright flash of magic that flew outside the cave and exploded in the sky.


"Wait, should it have stopped now? I still see the storm clouds, also there's no place for Sunset's necklace." Starlight realized turning to Princess Twilight. Suddenly, a low rumbling noise could be heard from the tree.

"Uh, what's happening?" Stormy asked turning to Sunset. A bright white light blinded all of them, when it cleared, Sunset noticed something strange with the tree.

"Guys, I think the tree grew a branch." Rainbow dash said, as her eyes adjusted to the dimly lit surroundings of the cave.

"I think it's for Sunset's element." Princess Celestia said walking over to the tree, "I think Sunset is the seventh element"

"A new element? This should be impossible!" Princess Twilight exclaimed.

"Actually Twilight, The great Starswirl the bearded was studying the seventh element of harmony before he went to limbo." Princess Celestia said.

"He didn't get to finish he's studies, so it's never been proven, until now." Princess Luna added.

"But, but how come you didn't tell me about this?" Twilight asked sadly, "Is it because you didn't trust me?"

"Awkward.." Discord said tapping is paws/claws on the cave wall, while eating a bowl of shredded paper.

"Of course we trust you Twilight we're sorry we didn't tell you sooner." Princess Celestia said walking over to Twilight and wrapping a wing around her.

"It's fine Princess." Princess Twilight said, nuzzling her former mentor.

"Sunset, do you know what this means?" Rainbow dash (From Equestria) said.

"No, not really." Sunset replied.

"You're an element of harmony!" Pinkie pie (From Equestria) squealed squeezing Sunset into a hug.

"You should put the necklace in now Sunset Shimmer." Princess Luna said smiling warmly.

"You can do it!" Stormy and Frosty cheered!

"Okay." Sunset took a deep breath and looked to the new spot on the tree, here goes nothing she thought.
She lifted to necklace to the it's new spot, she watched it shine as it slowly turned into a orange gem, she took one last breath and pushed it in.
A bright yellow light filled the cave. When it cleared Sunset was surrounded in a red and yellow bubble.

"S-sunset? Is that you Twilight asked putting her hoof to the bubble causing it to exploded in red shimmering sparks.

"Woah." Is all the ponies could say staring at her new form

"Sunset, you're an alicorn."

Author's Note:

Hey! It's finally here! sorry for the wait I was suffering with a serve case of writer's block.
Hope you enjoy
Sorry for the cliffhanger, new story coming in hopefully a few days.
But yes, Sunset is officially an ALICORN!:pinkiegasp:
You're probably wondering "Why Sunset?"
Well it's because, Twilight from the human is't an alicorn in the pony even though she has wings when she transforms in the human world. Also since Sunset is basically the leader of the main 7, I thought it would be fitting for her.

Hope you enjoyed, bye!

~Frosty_Rainbow~:heart:


Edit: I may have forgotten about one of my characters (Sorry Stormy) and I had to edit in a few lines for her, if you see so something has changed, I edited it.