• Published 2nd Jan 2020
  • 3,522 Views, 165 Comments

Dreams' Horizon - DrakeyC



How far do you think a dream can take you? For Twilight Sparkle, that question is not one easily answered.

  • ...
8
 165
 3,522

Chapter 18

On the one hoof, Twilight now had her muzzle buried in dangerous and conspiratorial mysteries that transcended the boundaries of dimensions and could influence a pony’s thoughts and dreams.

On the other hoof, she was still enrolled in SGU and her dignity demanded she keep her grades above a respectable standard, no matter how pressing the issue of Sunset Shimmer may be.

“Can anypony read this?” Twinkleshine held a notebook out across the table. Twilight lifted her head but Minuette was already examining the text.

“Fifteen millilitres.”

“Thanks.” Twinkleshine pulled her book back and sniffed. “I hate when I can’t read my own writing.”

“Mood,” Minuette agreed, and the three mares went back to their studying.

It was Sunday just after lunch when the group had gotten together at Minuette and Lemon’s dorm for a study session. Twilight, Twinkleshine, and Minuette had staked out the table while Luster and Moondancer had each chosen one of the beds. Lemon Hearts had left on a personal errand and hadn’t returned yet. The collective plan was to get as much studying done as possible before going to a party for Twinkleshine's little sister.

Twilight chewed the end of her pencil as she stared at her notes from her Advanced Spellcasting class. As much as Twilight prided herself on being a dedicated student, and particularly enjoyed Professor Cross’ lectures, the simple fact that it was the first class of Friday morning meant it tended to be a blur sometimes, even on good days.

Is this formula correct? She checked the equation that ran the width of the page, and smiled. Good. She looked further down the page – a series of calculations for channelling magic in different ways from a charged object a distance away. One by one she checked them off and smiled.

“When was the first weather factory built?” Luster mumbled.

Moondancer didn’t raise her head from her textbook as she responded, “731.”

“Thank you.”

Twilight stuck her pencil in her ear and sat back. “Spellcharging practice quiz number four done. I am ready for the text on Friday!” She beamed proudly.

“Nice.” Minuette nodded. “I need to get to those after prepping for alchemy. Should have done it this morning, but I had the choice to either study or bake and only had enough time to do one.”

Twilight turned to the kitchen counter and levitated a cupcake with blue icing over to her. “Normally I would disapprove of your decision, but under the circumstances, I’ll abstain.” She peeled the wrapper off the treat and bit in.

“It still counts,” Minuette said defensively. “I used the opportunity to try a new flavour formula for my thesis.”

Twilight paused mid-chew to register the taste in her mouth. “Fay wha?” she mumbled.

Minuette noticed and waved a hoof. “Nothing gross or experimental. Best case scenario, it’ll taste like strawberries. Worst case, it’s inert and tastes like a cupcake.”

Twilight slowly resumed chewing. Her eyes widened and she chewed with new enthusiasm. “Bes cay fenario!” she said happily.

“Toss one over here, please!” Luster called. Twinkleshine had already floated one in front of her, and levitated it across the room to Luster while taking a second for herself.

The door of the room rapped three times and Minuette turned her head. “Hm, Lemon’s back early.” She hopped down from her chair, trotted to the door, and pulled it open.

“I’m looking for Twilight Sparkle.”

Twilight paused at the gruff, unfamiliar voice. She got off her chair and walked to see who was at the door.

A member of the royal guard.


Twilight had been given detention once in her life. She had let a friend copy her answers on a quiz, which had included a short answer question at the end. The next day the teacher had her remain behind when the rest of the class left for lunch, and then took her to the principal’s office to have a talk about plagiarism. As she followed behind her teacher, everypony they passed looked at the two, the sight itself being enough to inform them she was in trouble.

She felt the same way now as the royal guard escorted her to the castle. Off the SGU grounds, through Canterlot, and up the promenade that wound up to the castle gates. Twilight kept her head down, but she could feel ponies looking at her and could swear she heard them whispering.

Once within the castle grounds the stares stopped, but Twilight didn’t feel any better. She cleared her throat as the guard led her through the castle doors.

“Excuse me, can you tell me where we’re going, and why?”

“That is not my concern, ma’am,” he replied stiffly. “I was ordered to bring you to see the Princess.”

Twilight nodded, though he couldn’t see it, and took a deep breath. It’s fine. Maybe she wants to talk to me about school, or my dreams…it doesn’t have to be something bad…so why do I feel it is?

The guard led Twilight down the eastern wing of the castle and up several flights of stairs. The castle all blurred together into an endless hallway of gleaming marble walls and red and gold tapestries and carpets. Finally, at a pair of doors marked with a sun emblem, the guard came to a halt. Two other guards stood at either side and nodded towards him, then looked at Twilight. The guard that had escorted her turned around.

“The Princess is waiting for you.” He stepped aside and gestured a hoof.

Twilight swallowed the lump in her throat and stepped forward. The guards pulled open the doors and she ascended a flight of stairs. These stairs were wider and at a smaller angle, which made the ascent seem longer.

When Twilight reached the top, she paused to take in her new surroundings. A large circular chamber spread around her, decorated with statues and paintings and tapestries. But they were different from the ones in the castle; they were more unique and looked like a collection of baubles and objects. A personal collection outside of the castle’s usual decorations. The doorways were open and wide, and the walls were a gentle, pastel purple. Sunlight streamed down from a large domed ceiling, and a chandelier with crystals in many colours cast rainbow rays on the upper walls.

This place felt very different from the rest of the castle, and as Twilight’s awe wore off, she realised why.

These are Celestia’s chambers.

“Twilight.”

She turned and lifted her head. She hadn’t noticed which room Celestia had come from or heard her approach.

The Princess did not look happy. Twilight couldn’t recall if she had ever seen Celestia angry, and even so the expression on her face wasn’t how she would have pictured it. But it still didn’t set her at ease. Celestia inclined her head towards another room and turned to walk toward it, and Twilight was left to follow. They passed one of the doorways to a room that reminded her very much of Celestia’s office at SGU, down to the desk’s position relative to the window and other pieces in the room. Her castle office, I suppose.

“Sit down, Twilight.” Celestia moved behind the desk. Twilight took one of the chairs in front of it and sat as ordered.

“Is something wrong, Princess?” she asked, trying not to sound nervous.

In response, Celestia’s horn lit in pale yellow, and an old book with a silver swirl on the cover floated up beside her.

Twilight felt her heart skip a beat.

Celestia spoke with a calm tone as she looked the journal over. “The restricted section is home not only to books not authorised for mass reading, but also texts that are too damaged and weathered to withstand frequent use and exposure to the elements. Some are even both. Like this one, for instance. That is why we enchant them to allow us to locate them easily should they be removed from the room and misplaced.” She carefully set the book down on her desk and looked at Twilight.

Twilight stared at the book and took a deep breath. She should be angry. She’s right to be angry. Does she know I know? Does she think I just stole a book, or that it was an accident? If she was actually angry, she’d be acting angry, wouldn’t she?

“Twilight.”

The Princess’ voice cut through her panicked thoughts, and she slowly raised her eyes from the book to the Princess. Now she wore a look that Twilight certainly recognized, from her own mother: disappointment.

“Why? I know from the logs you haven’t been to the restricted section since our prior check, which means you somehow snuck in and stole this book without us realising. And I cannot fathom what would drive such a responsible and diligent student to do such a thing.”

“I…” Twilight licked her lips. “I needed it for research.”

“You could have simply requested access. I wouldn’t have denied you.”

In that moment, Twilight saw the obvious path of where the conversation was headed. Yet instead of worrying her, it brought her a sense of clarity to know. She steeled herself and replied, “I wanted to access the restricted section without you knowing.”

“Why?”

“I would have gone looking for specific things. Things I didn’t trust you to let me find.”

Celestia recoiled and her eyes widened. That was another look Twilight was not used to seeing on her: genuine surprise and a tinge of hurt. She shook her head and leaned over the desk. “Twilight, what are you saying? What have I ever done to make you suspicious of me?”

Twilight looked into her eyes and spoke her next words firmly.

“I know about the other dimension.”

Celestia drew her head back and paused, watching her closely.

Now that the cat was out of the bag, Twilight found herself unable to keep from continuing. “The other dimension ruled by your sister, Princess Luna. The dimension where Sunset Shimmer lives, the dimension I think I’m seeing in my dreams. And I know you know about it and lied to me about it. I have no idea how long you’ve been lying to me, or what about, or if you’ve been manipulating things without me knowing.” Twilight stood up and put her hooves on the desk. “I needed answers, answers I know you have and are keeping from me. So I went behind your back.”

As she kept speaking, she saw Celestia’s expression slowly fade to one of neutrality. When she finished, she took a breath from her outburst but stayed where she was. There was no backing down now.

Celestia turned away and looked out the window. Twilight watched as she ruffled her wings, beat a hoof on the ground, and shifted her eyes back and forth. It was a long time before she spoke again, and when she did her voice was soft.

“If we’re going to have this conversation, you need to promise me that nothing we say will leave this room. For the sake of Equestria.” She turned around. “Promise me, Twilight.”

“For the sake of Equestria?” Twilight asked. Celestia nodded deeply. Twilight lowered herself from the desk. “Alright. I promise. But promise me you won’t lie to me about what I want to know.”

“I can promise that if I don’t need to lie, I won’t.”

“That’s not good enough.”

“It will have to be.” Celestia shook her head. “Twilight, there are things at play you don’t understand—that you can’t understand. Not just you, all of Equestria. Some secrets are not meant to be known, and some things are better left in the dark than brought to the light.”

The glowing eyes in the void crept into Twilight’s mind. She shuddered a little but pushed the memory aside.

“Fair enough.” She sat on the chair again. “Okay, I accept those terms. First things first then – everything I said is true? Luna, Sunset, they live in an alternate dimension?”

“Yes.”

A rush flooded Twilight’s senses and she almost fell out of the chair. She had learned the truth herself, but to actually hear it from Celestia’s lips, for her to admit it, it suddenly seemed even more tangible and real. She put a hoof on her chest and breathed.

Celestia continued. “Luna rules a world parallel to our own, her own Equestria. But we collaborated on our efforts to build a school in our respective versions of Canterlot. That is how the School for Gifted Unicorns, including the layout of its grounds, is identical between worlds. That world is where Sunset Shimmer lives and attends Luna’s SGU.”

Twilight nodded. “And the dreams?”

“I don’t know.” Celestia held up a hoof as if to stop her. “And that is the truth, I promise you. My sister is the foremost expert on dream magics in either world, and neither of us has any idea what is causing your dreams. I don’t know how extensively she has studied them through Sunset, but neither she or I has had any involvement otherwise.”

“But…” Twilight frowned. “Then what could be causing them? Dreams that transcend dimensions?”

“I honestly have no idea.” Celestia’s face mirrored Twilight’s. “It is something neither of us have ever encountered across centuries of separation. Communicating using dreams is not unheard of, but there’s limits to what can be done the same as any other form of telepathy. And we’re not even sure if your dreams are telepathy, or something else.”

“But if you don’t know what’s causing the dreams, how did you realise what they meant in regards to the other world?” Twilight asked.

“You mentioned Sunset’s conflict with a fellow student. I recognised the name as a member of the nobility in Luna’s world; she’s mentioned him on occasion as a trouble student. I asked her and she confirmed her SGU has a student named Sunset Shimmer. A few other cursory details confirmed my suspicions.” Celestia eyed Twilight. “I must ask you the same thing – how did you realise I knew?”

“When I came to you about Luna, you mentioned my dreams. I’d never told you where I heard the name.”

Celestia’s brow furrowed and she looked a bit sheepish. “I am not surprised I slipped. I am not used to discussing my sister this openly.”

Twilight considered herself for a moment, then slowly stepped around the desk. “It was when I realised you knew without being told that you were lying to me about the dreams. I got paranoid, anxious. I thought you may have known longer, lied to me about other things…” She stopped when she was in front of Celestia. “That was why I wanted to get into the restricted section without you knowing. I wasn’t sure what you might be hiding from me.”

“I can understand that rationale, even if I cannot condone it. You’re right, Twilight, I was not telling you the full truth and you had fair reason to be concerned about why that may be.” Celestia gestured to the journal on her desk. “However, that doesn’t explain why you removed this book from the restricted section.”

“I thought it could help me.” Twilight looked at the book and tilted her head. “Something about it seemed to catch my eye, and when I accidentally knocked it off the shelf, it began talking about the solar system. I wanted to study it closer to see if I could learn anything.”

“And did you?”

“Yes.” Twilight smiled, proud in spite of her misdemeanour. “I figured out that the book’s studies on the correlation to pony magic and celestial bodies suggest that magic would be at its strongest when the moon is full. Whatever sort of spell is connecting me and Sunset, it’s at its most powerful at night, and that’s how we’re able to communicate in the dreams.”

“I see.” Celestia slowly nodded and looked the journal over. “That is a sound theory…though still missing some details.”

“Yes, I know. I’m sure that the dreams have become more common over the school year because of the dual eclipse approaching. But how and why, I’m not sure. I’m also not sure what to make of this book detailing a celestial model with only one moon.” Twilight put her hooves on Celestia’s desk and leaned in to look at the journal. “There’s two, we see them in the sky every night. But the book suggests a model with one, and all the magical equations I’ve looked up only make sense if there is only one. How is that possible?”

She scratched her head and lifted the journal over to her in an aura of magic. “There’s something here I’m missing, and I know I’m not seeing it, but I can’t figure it out…”

“That’s enough for now, Twilight.” The magic aura over the book shifted and Celestia took it from her and set it back down.

Twilight watched the Princess’ face and gave a small frown. “You know what I’m talking about, don’t you?”

Celestia hesitated a moment before answering. “Yes. But that is another question I can’t answer.” She gave Twilight a stern look and knelt to be at eye level with her. “Twilight, whatever you may think of me and my secrecy, what I am about to say is the absolute truth. You are asking dangerous questions with very dangerous answers. I sincerely wish I could say more, but for your own safety, it is best that I say nothing. Do you understand?”

The look in Celestia’s eyes made Twilight’s heart pound. She indeed recognized this expression – concern, caution. Maybe even fear.

What would the Princess be afraid of?

“Yes, Princess.” Twilight bowed her head. “I believe you. And I’m sorry I’ve been suspicious of you and broke rules. I just…” she sighed and glanced at the journal again. “I want answers.”

“I know, Twilight.” Celestia smiled and put a hoof on her chin to tilt her head up. “If I’ve learned anything about you over these last three years, it’s that your curiosity and thirst for knowledge are your best, most defining traits. Whatever is happening to you, it’s mysterious and fascinating indeed. Somehow you and Sunset have forged a bond beyond what even an alicorn’s understanding of magic can explain.”

Twilight blushed. “I don’t know if I would go that far. Like you said, this is mysterious, there’s no telling what caused it. It could have happened by chance or coincidence.”

“I am not one to believe in coincidences of such magnitude…but yes, you may be right. All the same, it is something to be explored. You’re doing your thesis on these dreams, yes?” Twilight nodded. “Then I encourage you to use all resources you can to research them further.”

“I will.” Twilight slowly smiled and tilted her head, trying to look innocent. “I don’t suppose I could use the journal for my research?” She lifted her head up.

“I will consider it.”

Twilight did a double take and slumped back. “Wait, really?”

Celestia gave her a knowing look. “I’ll have to look at it more closely to make sure there is nothing in it that should be kept away from overly-curious unicorns. But, if it contains nothing of the sort, and if it can be of help to you, I may be willing to authorise you to examine it more in the future.”

Twilight smiled more sincerely. “Thank you, Princess.”

“I’ll also have a talk with Luna about your theories on the moons and their correlation with your dreams of Sunset. She may be able to offer some insights.”

Wait. “You keep saying that you’ve spoken to Luna, or that you can. How?”

Celestia held up a hoof and shook her head. “That is another question I’m not willing to answer. Not for safety, but for privacy. But yes, we have a way to speak. Though it is quite different from how you and Sunset do it.”

“Do you mean like a telepathy spell or something?” Twilight hoped she had phrased the question to sound innocuous.

“No, nothing like that. Interdimensional telepathy is something I’m quite sure would be near-impossible.”

“Oh, okay.” She did her best to sound disappointed. Yet Sunset and I were able to do it. How, why? Did we pull off a spell even Celestia thinks can’t be done? What kind of power is this?

“If there is nothing else…” Celestia’s voice made Twilight focus on her again. “I will overlook this transgression, for now. I’ll tell Raven it was a mistake on your part, that you removed the book by accident.”

“Ah, actually she may wonder how that’s possible when I haven’t been in the restricted section for a while,” Twilight replied.

“True…” Celestia’s eyes lifted slightly. “How did you manage to sneak in, by the way?”

“A spell I learned last year to enter a book. More a novelty than anything practical, but I used it to slip in through a friend’s notebook.”

“Clever.” Celestia smiled, then quickly frowned. “And concerning. Your stunt aside, we’ll have to look into stronger security measures. I’m sure you understand that you are to never try such a trick again and not tell anypony else about it.”

“Absolutely not.” Twilight mimed a zipper pulling over her muzzle.

“Good. Then I’ll allow you to be on your way.” Celestia bowed her head. “Assuming you have nothing else to bring to my attention, that is.”

Do I? Twilight had kept quiet about her telepathy experiment. Celestia was still keeping some secrets, so it seemed only fair Twilight kept her own, too. Besides, she wasn’t going to be trying it again anytime soon, and if she did she’d take extra precautions against…whatever it was she had seen. Should I tell her about the shadow? No, definitely not… she gasped suddenly. Is that what she meant by the dangers of this knowledge? Would she know what it was?

“Twilight?”

“Er…” she shook her head. “I was just thinking things over…there is one last thing.” She thought back beyond the shadow to the vision of the not-Sunset pony that had spoken to her. How to phrase this without being suspicious? “I’ve had…um…glimpses of things, sometimes. More vague impressions…” she rocked her head. “Does the number five have any significance to anything we’ve talked about?”

“Five? Five what?”

“Anything.” Twilight pictured the five stars circling her, glowing with light. “Five objects, five ponies…five days, maybe? I’ve just gotten the idea that the number five is important, somehow.”

“I see.” Celestia looked off and fell into thought. Twilight waited patiently for several seconds until she looked back. “Nothing comes to mind, but I’ll look into that as well.”

“Alright.” Twilight smiled. “Thank you again, Princess Celestia.”

“You’re very welcome.” Celestia put a hoof on Twilight’s shoulder. “Whatever is happening to you, Twilight, I promise you, we’ll figure it out. And hopefully someday soon, circumstances allow, I’ll be able to share the full truth with you as well.”

“I hope so, too. Thank you.”

Somehow, she had the nagging thought that she had already gotten closer to the truth than Celestia had.


Lemon Hearts groaned and put her hooves over her ears. “Somepony please make that music stop.”

Moondancer looked across the large, dimly-lit room, decorated in bright pastel colours on the walls and floors that were further punctuated by rainbow strobe lights spinning overhead. Several game machines filled one corner of the room, and a group of foals were crowded around one particular machine. “It’s a dancing game. With a line-up.”

Lemon groaned louder in response.

Luster rubbed her forehead. “Why are we here again?”

“Because I asked you to come so I didn’t have to be the only pony here who isn’t a foal or my parents,” Twinkleshine spoke as she brought over a tray with drink cups and a large plate of nachos and set it on the table. “And because as a family member I am obligated to attend my little sister’s birthday party–” A loud, high-pitched cheer came from the crowd and she winced and flattened her ears. “Regardless of if Stardust chose the most obnoxious, noisy, blindingly colourful entertainment venue in all of Equestria.”

Lemon looked at her as she passed out the drinks. “I would have thought Princess Playtime’s Party Palace would be right up your alley. Games, music, junk food…”

“It was, when I was five.” Twinkleshine pulled her chair out to sit down. “Arcade? Kiddie stuff with dollar-store prizes. Music? Saccharine. Food is good but way overpriced. And everything else here is for foals.”

“Fair points.” Minuette nodded. “Even when I was young, I always preferred Recreation Station.”

Yes!” Twinkleshine pumped her hoof. “Now that’s a venue! Laser tag, rock climbing, an arcade with prizes actually worth winning? Sign me up!” She reached across the table and hoofbumped Minuette.

“I’m here!” The group turned their heads to see Twilight walk across the floor, stopping briefly when a trio of colts ran in front of her without pause. She waved at her friends as she got to the table. “I saw the note on the door when I came back. I forgot the party was today.”

“Surprised you made it,” Twinkleshine replied. “We were placing bets if Princess Celestia was going to lock you up or let you graduate early..”

“Har har.” Twilight sat down and rolled her eyes. Then her expression turned serious. “Actually, um…maybe let’s lean in a bit.” She gestured her hoof towards her and the five mares stretched across the table. “Celestia found out about the book I took from the restricted section.”

WHAT!?” Moondancer screeched, jumping out of her seat.

“I didn’t tell her it was because of you!” Twilight said hurriedly. “Sit down.” Moondancer eyed her but lowered herself back into her chair. Twilight continued. “I called her out on lying to me, and to my surprise, she fessed up. A long talk, bottom line is that I was right. Sunset lives in another dimension ruled by Celestia’s sister, Princess Luna.”

“Whoa,” Lemon whispered.

“I know. But, she’s just as in the dark as I am about the dreams. She said she’s gonna check some stuff and get back to me, but Celestia really has no idea what’s causing them.”

Luster pursed her lip. “That’s…something. Not sure if it’s good or bad.”

“Me neither. For now though, it at least means the Princess and I are being more open with each other. Not entirely, but more.”

“Good.” Twinkleshine nodded. “I really don’t want to have to be suspicious of Celestia, of all ponies.”

“Agreed.” Twilight slouched slightly and smiled. “So, now that we don’t have to, we can have a fun night out partying.”

Another burst of music reached the table amid more cheers.

Lemon rolled her eyes. “You’d think they’d get tired of the same song over and over and over…”

Minuette shook her head. “They’re foals, they’ll listen to the same song non-stop for days.”

Twinkleshine looked at Moondancer, who was watching the foals and slightly bobbing her head. “I’m surprised you’re not as annoyed as the rest of us,” she said. “I thought you hated loud music?”

Moondancer gave a small shrug and smile. “Actually, this specifically is a little nostalgic for me. My parents brought me here all the time as a foal to try and get me to socialise more. It never worked, but I didn’t dislike it. In hindsight they were rather fun.”

Lemon smiled. “My best birthday was when my parents took me to see a play and surprised me by revealing they had invited my entire class to come see it too. We had the theatre to ourselves for the day, and they even let us go on-stage to check out the sets and talk to the actors.”

“I remember that. Play wasn’t that good, but your mom makes the best cake.” Twinkleshine licked her lips. “Again, Recreation Station for me. I loved the moonwalk simulator until they took it out. You haven’t had a birthday until you’ve had it upside down on the ceiling.”

Minuette giggled. “I preferred the laser tag myself. Mom always sprang for it every year. Perk of being an only foal. Plus, I made sure there were lots of goodies. Classmates asked to come to my parties.”

“Guilty as charged,” Twilight said sheepishly. “My parents liked to keep things small, just me and my brother at home with a handful of friends. But we definitely had fun thanks to Dad’s tabletop gaming collection. He still knows the third edition of Ogres & Oubliettes like the back of his hoof.”

“Family of nerds,” Twinkleshine whispered loudly. Twilight nodded proudly and held up her nose.

Minuette looked across the table. “What about you, Luster? Where was your favourite place to party?”

“Me?” Luster shook her head. “I didn’t really.”

Minuette did a double take. “Huh?”

Luster shrugged. “I just had some cake and gifts with my parents and maybe some extended family that were free. Occasionally we’d go out to a nice restaurant or a park or something earlier in the afternoon. But we kept things low-key and quiet.”

“That’s nice too, I’m sure.” Moondancer nodded. “As long as you enjoyed yourself, that’s what’s most important.”

“Exactly, and I did.” Luster lifted her head and looked around. “Erm, where’s the restrooms?”

Twinkleshine pointed. “Past the food counters, on the left.”

“Thanks.”

Luster stepped back from the table and the group watched to make sure she went the right direction.

“So,” Twinkleshine began, “if we’re here, we may as well have what fun six adults can. Who wants to hit the arcade when they finally lose interest.”

Lemon nodded. “That sounds…er, Minuette?”

The girls looked at their friend.

Minuette sat hunched over the table, hooves squarely on top of it. She was staring in the direction Luster had walked, eyes narrow and almost glowing in the low lighting of the venue.

“What’s wrong?” Moondancer asked.

“I remember my notes on her,” Minuette whispered. She grinned widely, teeth gleaming. “I have her likes, her dislikes…and her birthday is next month.”

Twilight paled. “Anypony else suddenly getting scared?”

“That mare…”

“Oh dear,” Moondancer groaned.

“Is gonna get…”

Lemon covered her eyes. “Somepony get the net.”

“The biggest, bestest…”

Twinkleshine shrank back in her seat. “Too late for nets…”

“Birthday bash I have ever given ANYPONY!” Minuette jumped on the table and thrust her hooves into the air.

The other four all let their heads hit the table.

“This will end in either celebration, or catastrophe,” Twilight mumbled.

“You speak as though those are mutually exclusive options for her,” Moondancer replied.