• Published 16th Jun 2020
  • 1,627 Views, 4 Comments

You Make My Heart Sing - twience



Sunset Shimmer's and Pinkie's Pie's love continues to blossom with every heartbeat.

  • ...
2
 4
 1,627

Wild Thing,

You Make My Heart Sing
By, Twience


Beat Ten

Pinkie Pie was happy that morning. Oh, who was she kidding? She was happy every morning. What did she have to be not happy about? In other words, she was very happy.

Pinkie cracked an egg and started frying it in a pan. She paid attention to it closely to make sure she got it perfect. Edges just brown enough and yolk thick but bouncy, she needed it precise. No special reason. Did she need a reason to make her wife breakfast in bed? Pinkie didn't think so. Sunset was always doing nice things for her, she thought why not give it a shot for a change.

It wasn't like Sunset was expecting anything in return for her kindness. But Pinkie wanted to remind Sunset just how special she was to her. And cooking is one of the things Pinkie does best, so why not make Sunset a delicious breakfast in bed? It had to work. Pinkie didn't wake up an extra two hours early for nothing. She didn't force herself out of Sunset's warm embrace for nothing.

Suddenly, the toast in the toaster went pop. Pinkie set her turner down, took a white plate, then placed on the two slices of toast. She opened the fridge to reach for the butter when she remembered she left the eggs unattended.

"Oh, cheese crackers," Pinkie said and quickly took the egg and placed it on the plate with the toast. She frowned at the not-so-perfect sunny-side-up. "Why!"

Okay, so slightly burnt egg. No problem, she still had toast. Pinkie went back to the fridge and grabbed the butter before spreading it on the two slices of toast. The breakfast looked better now but could be better. She went to the freezer and took out the sausage. She set the frying pan back on the burner and got to cooking. After five minutes of frying the sausage, she placed three links on the plate.

"Somethings still missing..." Pinkie figured. She walked back to the fridge and opened it up to browse. "Ah-ha! Juice." Pinkie took a carton of orange juice and poured the remaining of it into a large glass. "Well, that's it for the orange juice," she said while throwing the carton in the trash.

She went to go get the plate of breakfast when she realized the butter on the toast had almost completely melted. "Ah, no! Soggy toast? You've got to be kidding me!" Pinkie groaned. She should've made the toast last. Pinkie then looked at the sausage and realized they looked a bit different than usual. She raised an eyebrow and checked the package she took them out of. "No no no! This isn't vegan! Pinkie, stop screwing things up."

Pinkie angrily grabbed the box of leftover sausage from the counter and unfortunately caused the glass of orange juice to tip over and spill to the floor. Pinkie clutched the box in her hand tightly while her cheeks tinted red. However, the anger didn't last long and it turned into disappointment as her eyes started to water.

"Looks like you did screw everything up, Pinkie," she said to herself. She sighed and grabbed some paper towels and crouched down on the kitchen floor to wipe up the juice.

"Babe?"

Pinkie slightly gasped and looked up to see Sunset's curious eyes staring back at her. Pinkie sniffed, "...Surprise."

Sunset, still confused, looked around the kitchen noticed just what Pinkie was doing and why she wasn't in bed when she woke up. "Pinkie..."

"I'm sorry!" Pinkie squeaked, still on the floor. "I wanted to make you breakfast in bed to, ya know, show you how special you are to me. A-And I made your favorite kind of eggs, but they overcooked. I made toast with butter but I let them sit out too long and now they're soggy. I made the wrong stupid sausage, and I spilled the last bit of orange juice. I-I ruined it. I'm really-" Pinkie was cut off by Sunset's lips on hers. Sunset had crouched down and decided to end Pinkie's attempt at apologizing with a kiss. Pinkie definitely felt herself relaxing in Sunset's touch. Sadly, Sunset broke the embrace and decided it was her turn to talk.

"This was so sweet of you, Pinkie. Thank you," Sunset smiled.

Pinkie just furrowed her eyebrows. "I-I'm confused. Everything is ruined. You shouldn't be thanking me... all I did was make a mess."

Sunset chuckled a bit and booped Pinkie on the nose. "Silly, it's the thought that counts." Pinkie just sighed and Sunset fully sat down and wrapped her arms around her. "Pinkie, you're my wife. You don't have to prove anything to me."

"I know. It's just you always do incredible things for me, and I feel like I don't do the same," Pinkie said.

"That's not true," Sunset disagreed. "Just being here, with me, is all I ask."

Pinkie weakly smiled. "You're my everything, Sunset."

Sunset gave her wife a little squeeze. "And you're mine."

Pinkie then laid her head on Sunset's shoulder. "We could go get coffee."

"Well, I can't say no to that."


Beat Eleven

"This is going to be so much fun!"

"Yes, Pinkie," Sunset giggled. "Sure is."

Pinkie smiled excitedly and looked out the car window. Luckily, she didn't have to wait longer because Sunset was pulling into the parking lot of the park.

Sunset placed her hand on top of Pinkie's. "We're here."

The two of them grabbed their things and the large checkered blanket from the backseat. They got out of the car and walked into the large family park. It was a beautiful sunny day and the weather was a perfect mix of warmth and chill. Sunset wore some shorts and a teal tank top while Pinkie wore a floral summer skirt and a tank top as well. They headed over to the spot near the lake and started walking up a short hill.

"There they are!"

Pinkie almost screamed and ran the rest of the way up the hill. "Girls!"

On the hill sitting on their own blankets were Twilight, Rainbow, Applejack, Fluttershy, and Rarity. The group of friends met again for a huge picnic at their favorite park and everybody was so excited to see one another. Everybody stood up and Pinkie welcomed them all with hugs. When Sunset caught up she gave a few hugs as well and some handshakes to Rainbow and Applejack.

Rainbow patted Sunset on the back. "Sunset, how ya doing?"

"Missed you, Pinkie," Fluttershy said.

"Sunset, darling!"

"Howdy, Pinkie."

Twilight then ran up to Sunset and gave her a hug. Sunset patted her on the head. "Hey, Twi. How's my favorite nerd doing?"

"Good! How's my favorite nerd doing?" Twilight smirked.

"Good as well, thanks," responded Sunset. "And Timber?"

Twilight twirled a strand of her hair. "Timber's cool," she shrugged. Sunset laughed. "Did you read my report I published last month?"

Rarity pointed at Pinkie's outfit. "My, I love your skirt, Pinkie Pie! It's so spring."

"Thanks!" Pinkie beamed. "Sunset picked it out."

Rarity nodded. "She has taste."

"Oh, definitely," Pinkie agreed. She then eyed Applejack talking to Rainbow Dash a bit over. "So, you and AJ huh?" Pinkie used her thumb to point at them.

Rarity blushed. "Well... I may be a southern belle."

"Ah! Amazing."

"Hey, Fluttershy!" Spike wagged his tail.

"Spike! Nice to see you," Fluttershy greeted and crouched down to pet him.

"So, Rainbow. I didn't expect you to get with Shy," Applejack brought up in their conversation.

"Heh... yeah," Rainbow rubbed the back of her neck. "It kind of just happened, ya know?"

Applejack looked back at Rarity before turning back to Rainbow. "Oh yes."

The girls finished their one on one conversations before returning to their picnic blankets. Applejack brought out the food she packed along with the drinks. Turkey, Pb & J, and cucumber sandwiches and some fizzy water and lemonade. There were also fresh fruit and cookies to go along with them. Thank you's went all around before everybody grabbed their preferences. Pinkie, Applejack, and Rainbow took turkey, Twilight and Rarity peanut butter and jelly, and Sunset and Fluttershy had cucumber.

"Soo, it's almost been a year you two have been married," Rarity brought up to Sunset and Pinkie. "How's it been?" The two were happy their friends were curious about their marriage and weren't hesitant to answer.

"It's great," Sunset smiled.

"Super great," Pinkie added. "And my bakery is doing awesome in business all thanks to Sunset!"

Sunset side butted Pinkie. "Awe."

"I know y'all are usually mighty busy, but it was nice of you to come and have this picnic," Applejack said. That got nods and agreements all around.

"Aw, AJ! Of course we came! We weren't busy," Pinkie said. "I have Lemon Hearts running the bakery today."

"And I got Golden Wish to cover for me," Sunset said. "We wouldn't miss seeing you all for the world."

"I feel important!" Rainbow joked.

"I'm quite saddened Twilight didn't bring Timber out here," Rarity said. Everybody giggled besides Twilight who blushed.

"It's still new..." said Twilight.

"Oh, pfft. It's not like we're strangers," Rarity mentioned.

"He's still a cool guy," Sunset winked.

Pinkie took a sip of lemonade. "The coolest!"

"I always thought he was nice," Fluttershy said.

The girls continued to chat and catch up on everything that has been happening in their lives. They found it fun to listen to everybody's stories and decided to have a picnic every year. After they finished eating they relaxed and some played a few card games. Over by the lake, Sunset and Pinkie sat while Pinkie threw pieces of bread to the ducks.

"Those ducks enjoying your bread I see," Sunset said.

"They better be," Pinkie giggled. "I used extra butter. Here, try some." She handed the loaf to Sunset.

Sunset took the loaf and popped a piece into her mouth. "Oh wow. That's delicious bread, Pinks."

"Can I try some?"

Sunset held the loaf back to her. "Yeah, sur-- mmph!" The next thing Sunset knew it, Pinkie Pie's lips were on hers. Sunset felt Pinkie lick her lips while she was kissing and blushed furiously. Pinkie pulled back and smiled at her.

"That's good," Pinkie said.

Sunset laughed. "I'm glad."

"Shimmer, Pinkie, over here guys!" Rainbow called them back over with a wave.

The two left the lake, much to the duck's disappointment, and walked back to the picnic blankets. The sun started to set, giving the sky a wonderful orange and purple aurora.

"You gals brought your instruments?" Applejack asked.

"Sure did." Sunset took hold of her guitar.

"Sort of," Pinkie said and grabbed her single drum and some drum sticks. "I can still rock out with this."

Rarity played some keys on her keytar before saying, "Let's play our first song in forever."

"Yay," Fluttershy exclaimed grabbing her tambourine.

The girls sat in a circle on their blankets and nodded to each other before deciding on which song to play. When they picked, they played their instruments for the opening which got almost everyone's attention at the park.

"Nothing stays the same for long. But when it changes doesn't mean it's gone," Twilight sang.

"Time will always get away," Sunset strummed her guitar before she picked up. "As it leaves behind another day."

Fluttershy smiled. "Things may come and things may go."

Applejack sang, "Some go fast."

Rainbow, "And some go slow."

"Few things last," sang Rarity.

"That's all I know," Pinkie.

"But friendship carries on through the ages."


Beat Twelve

Pinkie smiled just as she finished wrapping the gift. "Sunset's going to love it!"

It was Sunday, but not just any Sunday. It was the anniversary of Sunset Shimmer and Pinkie Pie. A whole year of them being married! It was probably the most exciting day of Pinkie's life. Although the two did promise one another they wouldn't get each other any gifts.

"Hey!" Pinkie glared into space. "It doesn't count if it wasn't a Pinkie promise." She then stuck her tongue out at nothing.

Instead of gifts, they agreed to go out to a nice restaurant and enjoy the night spending time together. Although, to Pinkie Pie, what was an anniversary without any gifts? Sunset didn't need to get her anything back. Well... she was paying for the restaurant entry. Pinkie declared herself even.

Besides, who wouldn't want a personalized, brand new, orange and teal, stringed acoustic guitar. And to mention, engraved! Sunset was going to be over the moon when she saw it. Pinkie gave herself a pat on the back deciding that this was one of her proudest moments.

Pinkie stuck the large glittery red bow on the gift bag. "Now to hide it before Sunset get's home from the dry cleaners." Pinkie lifted the present almost as big as her body and carried it into the spare room. She opened the closet and placed the present inside. "Phew." She closed the closet and went back to the living room just in the nick of time. She saw Sunset entering the house and locking the door.

"Hi, Sunset," Pinkie greeted her with a smile.

Sunset turned around giving her a smile back. "Hey, babe." She held up the clothes hanger in her hand and said, "Your dress." Pinkie went up to her gladly took her dress back. "All cleaned, and smells great if I may add."

Pinkie giggled. "Thanks!"

"Mhm." Sunset took a seat on the couch. "Wow, we've been married for a year. That's exciting."

"Yeah!" Pinkie agreed and joined her on the couch. "And together a few months before that. I'm so lucky to have you, Sunny."

"If anyone's lucky, it's me," Sunset said. "You really do make me happy, Pinkie."

"Awe," Pinkie gushed. "And I thought I was the cheesy one."

"Heh." Sunset shrugged. "You rub off on me."

Pinkie twiddled her thumbs. "I just can't believe you chose me." Sunset looked at her wife confused. When about to ask her what she meant, Pinkie continued. "I mean, you're magical."

Sunset blushed. "Oh... wow. Thanks." Pinkie noticed that Sunset's face got red by the seconds. Pinkie finally realized what Sunset got out of that statement.

"Not that way!" Pinkie squeaked. "Er... well I mean I guess you are. You are! I didn't really mean to say it that way..." Pinkie sighed. "You really have been in this world too long."

Sunset laughed. "Guess so. I was kidding. Partially..."

"I meant under that... magical body of yours, you're actually a unicorn."

"Pretty awesome, right?" Pinkie glared at her. "Right! We're being serious. Got it," Sunset said.

"What if you stayed in Equestria, Sunset? You could've had a different partner, be much more talented in magic, and maybe even be a princess!"

"Me? A princess? No. That dream extinguished a long while ago," Sunset stated. "And a different partner? Are you kidding? If somehow time was turned back, and I had the chance to choose between Equestria and you, I'd choose you. Always and forever, Pinkie."

Pinkie smiled feeling assured. "Would you ever go and visit?"

"That depends. It would take a lot of arranging," Sunset said. "If I did, would you come with me?"

"What!?" Pinkie was shocked. "That would be amazing! Yes, of course I would!"

Sunset placed her hand over Pinkie's. "Then I would totally go." Pinkie squeezed Sunset's hand still smiling brightly. That was not how Pinkie expected their conversation to go. You couldn't see her complaining though. She was happy about the outcome. "Come on, let's get ready to go. We wouldn't want our reservation to go to waste," Sunset said. Pinkie nodded happily.

*

Sunset dressed in her gold sequenced skinny dress and Pinkie in her flowy baby blue and pink dress, they arrived at the restaurant. In fact, it was the exact restaurant where they ate for their first date. The host greeted them with a pleasant smile, familiar with the two by their multiple dinners at the restaurant. He led them to a table near a large window and they both took a seat across from each other.

A few seconds later, a waiter walked up to their table. "May I start you off with some drinks, ladies?" the waiter asked.

"Ice tea, please," Sunset requested.

He nodded. "And you?"

"Sierra Mist," Pinkie said.

"I'll have those for you in a minute." With that, the waiter left leaving Sunset and Pinkie to themselves.

"Hey, Sunny. Wanna know a secret?" Pinkie asked.

"Sure," Sunset said and leaned her head towards her. "What is it?"

Pinkie leaned forward as well and put her hand up next to her mouth. "I love this place," Pinkie exclaimed.

Sunset chuckled and leaned back. "Me too."

"This is what... the fifth time?"

"Sixth," Sunset said skimming through the menu. "But it's not like anyone's keeping count." She shrugged.

Pinkie quietly giggled and picked up the menu. A minute later she looked up at Sunset again. "Anything you find interesting?"

"I suppose. Honestly, could we just skip to dessert?"

Pinkie put a hand up to her chest. "Why, Sunset." One would think Pinkie Pie had learned her lesson for slowing down on the sweets. However... "I thought you'd never ask."

The waiter came back a short time later and asked, "Are you ready to order?"

"Actually..." Sunset started.

"Could we have the dessert menu?" Pinkie asked.

The waiter stared at them for a moment but then smiled. "Of course. One moment, ladies." When he left, Sunset and Pinkie looked at each other and laughed.

*

They arrived back a home two hours and so later, and Pinkie was practically bouncing with excitement. And it wasn't from the triple fudge brownie sundae she previously ate.

"I'll be right back!" Pinkie said and rushed to the spare bedroom. Sunset furrowed her eyebrows. She took off her heels relieving the pain in her feet and then took a seat on the couch. Pinkie came prancing back in with the giant gift bag she hid earlier. "Ta-da!"

Sunset looked at the gift with shock. "Oh, Celestia. What is that!?"

Pinkie giggled at set the gift down next to her. "For you."

Sunset was touched. "Pinkie, babe! Wow, now I feel bad." Sunset looked at her with a smile. "But I thought--"

"I know, I know." Pinkie put both of her hands up to stop her. "But I couldn't resist! Now open it!"

Sunset took out the tissue paper and opened the bag. Her eyes grew wide as she took out the present. "No. No way. Shut up."

"D-Do you like it?" Pinkie asked nervously as she played with her fingers.

"Like it? I love it!" Sunset yelled with glee. "I would have never expected this." Sunset adjusted her new guitar in her hands and played the strings. "I don't even know what to say. Thank you so much, Pinkie." Sunset leaned over and pecked Pinkie on the lips with a kiss.

Pinkie blushed and smiled brightly. "Yes!" she laughed.

Sunset gasped slightly. "Wait a second." Sunset ran off into their bedroom leaving Pinkie confused that time. Sunset returned, but with her journal. "I was kind of saving this as a surprise too. But since you gave me something, what's better than now right?"

"So I guess we both broke the promise, huh?"

"We did," Sunset said with a chuckle. "Here," she said and handed her the journal.

"Y-you're... giving me your journal?" Pinkie asked and she stared down at the book with a sun and star cutie mark intertwined.

Sunset shook her head. "No, silly. Turn to the most recent page." Pinkie did as she was told and read the conversation between Sunset and the Princess. Pinkie let out a window shattering squeal making Sunset cover her ears. "So... from that reaction, I'm guessing--"

Pinkie embraced Sunset in a tight hug. "THIS IS THE BEST SURPRISE EVER! Thank you, thank you, thank you!" Pinkie at that moment decided that if there was a person better at giving gifts than her, it was Sunset Shimmer.

Sunset,

I think it's a great idea! I don't mind at all. You are welcome anytime. I have a lot of room here so it wouldn't be a burden on me. It's been a while since our last meeting. Please, of course, invite Pinkie Pie. Let me know a time and I'll make arrangements with Starlight. I can't wait to see you. Both of you!

Your friend, Twilight Sparkle.


Beat Thirteen

Riiiiinnnnnnng

Sunset picked up her phone from beside her and looked down at the screen.

Riiiiinnnnnnng

Sunset raised an eyebrow. It wasn't her cell that was ringing. She then quickly got up from the couch and went to the table. She grabbed her bag and pulled out her work phone which displayed a number. Sunset was confused. Nobody usually called her work phone when she was at home.

She cleared her voice before she answered. "Hello? This is Sunset Shimmer."

"Good afternoon, Mrs Shimmer," the voice greeted. Sunset's eyes went wide. It was her boss. Why hadn't she ever put her boss's contact on her phone!?

"... Good afternoon, Mr Bright. May I ask why you are calling?" Sunset asked as tranquil as she could.

At that moment, Pinkie Pie returned home from the bakery. She closed the door behind her before waving and smiling at Sunset who she noticed was on the phone. Sunset happily smiled and waved back.

"Yes. Could you come in earlier than you usually do for work tomorrow? I have some matters to discuss with you." Sunset didn't answer automatically. Come in early? Matters to discuss? Mr. Bright wasn't one to engaged with his employees unless it was something really important. All calls were usually done by his assistant or secretary.

Is this his way of firing me!? Did I do something wrong?

Sunset, yet nervous, remained calm on the phone. "Yes, of course. I'll see you bright and early."

"Thank you very much. Have a good evening, Mrs Shimmer."

"You as well, Mr Bright." The phone call finally ended and left Sunset at a loss of words.

"Hey," Pinkie said walking up to her and giving her a kiss on the cheek. "What was it?"

"It... was my boss. He said he wanted me to come in early for work tomorrow. Something about he wanted to talk to me," Sunset explained. Pinkie Pie gave a small gasp but quickly covered her mouth. "What? What is it?"

Pinkie shook her head. "Nothing!" Sunset looked at her confused. She was about to ask her again but Pinkie spoke first. "I know, let's order pizza for dinner. Vegetable deluxe?"

Sunset blinked. "Uh, we could--"

"Then it's settled," Pinkie interrupted. "Pizza night!"

"But--"

"Uhm, you know what? I'll just go and pick up the pizza. Yeah!" Pinkie fumbled with her hands and she could feel herself starting to sweat.

"What?"

Pinkie rushed back over to the door and grabbed her car keys. Sunset thought she wasn't going to get anywhere at that point. "I need some air anyway." She opened the front door.

"Wait!" Sunset had called out. All she got was the sound of the door shutting. Sunset sighed and crossed her arms. "Pinkie..."

*

Pinkie returned home later than anybody would be out picking up a pizza. She was hoping if she was gone long enough, Sunset would forget about the whole thing that went down before she made up an excuse and left. Luckily, Pinkie did end up picking up a pizza and she set it on the kitchen counter.

Sunset was nowhere in the kitchen or living room. Pinkie sighed and relaxed before going to their bedroom. When she did, Sunset wasn't there either.

"Uhm... Sunset?" Pinkie whispered. Maybe she stepped out? "Sunset!" she called out that time.

"Hi there." Pinkie jumped and quickly turned around to be face to face with Sunset with a bathrobe on and wet hair. Sunset giggled a bit. "Sorry," Sunset apologized. "Just got out the shower." She went to the dresser looking for a nice pair of pajamas.

Pinkie watched as Sunset shuffled through her drawer. Sunset didn't seem angry. Not even the slightest bit. Pinkie wanted to view that as a good thing. It's been about two years from where Sunset completely got rid of her temper. But Pinkie was perplexed. No questions, no odd looks, nothing.

"So, did you get the pizza? There must've been a really large line," Sunset said, pulling out a large t-shirt. She smiled and moved her finger in a circle.

Pinkie turned around and frowned. No questions were helping her case, but she didn't like to feel ignored. "I don't understand."

Sunset changed into her pajamas before speaking again. "Did you not go and get pizza? That's fine. We--"

"I got the pizza."

"Cool." Sunset finished changing and said, "Okay."

Pinkie turned back around. "You're not mad?"

"Mad? Why would I be mad? Did you get meat lovers or something?" Sunset asked, half-joking.

"This is not about the pizza!" Pinkie said frustrated. Pinkie didn't know why she was getting upset. But she was Pinkie Pie, Pie-Shimmer, in fact. Half of the things she did she never knew why she did them. Her sudden frustration wasn't helping anybody.

Sunset stared at her for a moment. "Right. Do you want to talk about it?"

Pinkie sighed. "No..." A pause. "Maybe..." A longer pause. Don't say yes, don't say yes, she told herself. "Okay, yes." Her brain screamed. She took a seat on the bed and Sunset followed suit and sat right next to her.

Sunset started, "Well? Why did you run off?" Pinkie opened her mouth to say something but closed it almost immediately. "Can't say, huh?" Pinkie shook her head. "That's okay."

"Huh?" Pinkie cocked her eyebrows.

"That's okay," Sunset affirmed. "You're Pinkie. I know you. I married you after all. You do things for a reason. Who am I to get mad? Please, if I wasn't use to you, I would've blown my top ages ago."

Pinkie chuckled a bit but was still nervous. "I see your point."

Sunset wrapped an arm around her. "It's not like you're straight-up lying to me, babe. A little secret won't cause any harm."

Pinkie's lower lip trembled and her eyes watered. "Thank you, Sunset. I don't even know what to say. You truly do understand me! I couldn't ask for anything more." She let a tear fall.

Sunset smiled softly and wiped the tear off her wife's face with her thumb. "And that's all I ever ask of you. Always and forever, Pinkie."

Pinkie sniffed. "Always and forever, Sunset."

*

The next day, Sunset woke up and got ready for work like she always did, but clueless to her, Pinkie Pie was awake. Sunset went to take a shower while Pinkie laid on her side facing the wall with her eyes closed pretending she was still asleep.

Having to wake up earlier than Sunset normally did, had her moving a little slower that morning. Luckily, she picked her clothes out the night before. After her shower, she got herself dressed in a black mini skirt, an orange ruffled blouse, and boots. She took her bag and phone and kissed Pinkie on the cheek before heading downstairs.

At the sound of Sunset reaching the bottom of the stairs, Pinkie sprouted up and smiled. Does Sunset kiss me every morning? Leaving her thoughts in the back of her brain, she started to get dressed. She didn't have a lot of time if she wanted to get there on time. She put on a pink hoodie, white jeans, and blue flats. She grabbed her phone, then rushed downstairs and out the door. It's a good thing she knew a short cut to Sunset's office.

A bit later, Sunset parked in front of her office building. She brushed herself off while mentally preparing herself. Feeling composed, she entered and took the elevator up to her floor. "Relax, Sunset. You are confident, you are beautiful, and you can handle anything that comes your way. You've got this," She whispered to herself. Once the elevator stopped, Sunset exited.

She continued walking. The office was empty. Though, she was early. "Mr Bright?" Suddenly the lights went out and Sunset jumped slightly. "Mr Bright!?" she called out.

"SURPRISE!" The lights turned back on and everyone was present. Sunset's boss, his assistant, the other employees, and Pinkie Pie herself. "You've been promoted!"

Sunset dropped her bag on the ground, mouth open wide. "How- what? I can't-" Sunset couldn't speak, she was shocked. She looked around the office and saw smiles on everyone's faces. Including her boss! "I'm confused. What's happening?"

"Didn't you hear me the first time, silly?" Pinkie walked up to her wife and put her hand on her arm.

"Ahem." Sunset's attention was drawn to Mr Bright standing far back from everyone else. "Sunset Shimmer, you have shown excellent growth during your time working at Bright's Industries. You're the best employee I've had in a long time."

"I don't know what to say. Thank you!" Sunset exclaimed. Some of the other workers had disappointed looks on their faces.

He nodded. "I couldn't make you an assistant, as that is already covered. Besides, you are far more dedicated to be an assistant. You have not only shown your commitment to this job but your integrity and strength. Which is why... I have to let you go. This may be strange coming from me-- I don't usually communicate with my employees. But believe me, I see everything."

Sunset took ahold of Pinkie's hand and smiled. "Wow, I- what will I be doing?"

"Entirely up to you. I'll give you time to think it over. Notify me when you're ready. The pay won't be that different... or any different, but this is a big step for you Mrs Shimmer. I expect you'll think thoroughly about your choices."

"Yes! Thank you, sir," Sunset said. Everyone in the office clapped before returning to their own desks.

"And who knows, maybe one day you'll have your own company." Mr Bright smiled before walking away.

Sunset turned to Pinkie still in disbelief. "You knew about this? Was this your big secret?"

Pinkie nodded. "You got me! You know I like surprises. I couldn't miss out on the opportunity to throw you an office party!"

"Ha, yeah. Of course not." Sunset gave Pinkie a hug and they smiled against each other. Sunset didn't know how she ended up with someone as wonderful as Pinkie. She would thank the gods later.


Beat Fourteen

"Vanilia cone! Twenty-six!"

Pinkie quickly sprinkled rainbow sprinkles on the ice cream cone before handing it to Lemon Hearts. Lemon gladly took the ice cream and handed it to the waiting customer.

"Have a nice day!" Lemon told her.

"Pinkie Pie! We have another online order for fruit cake!" Strawberry Delight called out to her.

"Sure!" Pinkie said while putting whipped cream on a milkshake. "Cheese Doodle?" She yelled to the back.

"Working on those raspberry tarts!"

Pinkie sighed. "Angel Cake?"

"Got it! Cheese, where'd you put the flour? I got a fruit cake to make!"

Pinkie wiped her forehead. It was a busy day at Pinkie's Peaches, but that didn't mean slacking. Including herself, five people worked at the sweet cafe'. It was getting pretty popular, which was good, but a lot of work. Luckily, she called in reinforcements.

"Hey!" Sunset entered the cafe'/bakery. It was a warm day so she was wearing shorts and a teal tank top. She did a little bow before saying, "I was summoned."

Pinkie giggled from behind the counter. "Sunny! We could use an extra pair of hands."

Sunset snorted. "Well, it's a good thing I gave up my hooves then." Everybody let out a tiresome laugh.

"Thank goodness," Lemon said relieved. "Sunset, could you take the register? I think I'm needed in the kitchen." All of their eyes went towards the back.

"Angel, where is the whisk!? I can't find the whisk!"

"A little busy here, Cheese!"

Pinkie scratched her head. "Uh... yeah. You go handle that Lemon. Sunset?"

"Sure thing. I'm great at taking orders. I didn't spend all of high school working at a Sushi place for nothing." Sunset shrugged and went behind the counter to join her. She took an extra apron off the rack and put it on.

"Thanks! I owe you!" Lemon told her before running to the back kitchen.

Sunset finished tying the apron on her waist. "Busy day, huh?" she asked Pinkie.

"Yuh-huh! There's customers coming in but also desserts being ordered online to be picked up later."

"Excuse me?" The two turned their attention to a woman with her two daughters at the counter. "Could I have a latte' and two strawberry banana smoothies?"

Pinkie smiled and wiped her hands on a nearby rag. "Certainly!" However, before she could put the order in, Sunset stepped up to the register and put in the lady's order.

"Will that be all, ma'am?"

"Yes, thank you."

"Of course." Sunset printed out her receipt and handed It to her. "You're number twenty-nine, we'll have your drinks out shortly." The lady nodded and her daughters smiled excitedly while they walked to a table.

"Wow, thanks, Sunset! You're the best." Pinkie kissed her cheek.

"Anything for you." Sunset kissed her back but on right the lips. Pinkie kissed back but then blushed embarrassed.

"S-Sunny... in front of everyone?" Pinkie loved Sunset's affection, and she liked how Sunset wasn't afraid to show it.

Sunset chuckled slightly. "Sorry, I couldn't help it."

Pinkie smiled before getting started on the latte' and smoothies. Pinkie couldn't help but shake her head in delight. Sunset was so considerate. She didn't hesitate to come and help her out. Pinkie wondered how Sunset did it all. When Sunset turned herself around during high school, she basically became one of the most hard-working people Pinkie and the rest of their friends knew. It was incredible, really.

"Welcome to Pinkie's! How may I help you?"

Pinkie blended the ingredients for the strawberry and banana smoothie. Once done, she added a scoop of ice in two cups and poured the smoothie mixture into each. She closed the cups with their signature lid before setting them aside to make the milkshake.

"Thanks a lot! You're number thirty-one."

When Sunset was done with the order, Pinkie started to speak. "Hey, Sunny?"

"Yeah, sweetie?"

Pinkie blushed a little. "How do you do it all?"

Sunset turned around and leaned against the counter with a smile. "You mean manage to take orders and make you blush in the process?"

Pinkie's face went even redder. "No!" she squeaked out embarrassed. Sunset chuckled as Pinkie retained herself. "Uh... actually, sort of, yeah." Sunset raised an eyebrow. "I mean..."

"Hello?"

"One second." Sunset turned to the customer. "Yes, sir? Welcome to Pinkie's."

"A lemon bar, please."

"Of course!" Sunset opened the display case and put a lemon bar into one of the see-through peach bags. She closed it off and handed it to the man. "Here you are."

"Thank you," he said and handed her his card. Sunset concluded his order and he left with his snack.

Sunset turned around to be handed the milkshake and two smoothies the woman ordered earlier. "Thanks. Milkshake and smoothies! Number twenty-nine!" The woman and her daughters came up to grab their drinks. They said thank you and took a seat at a booth.

"Strawberry! I'm taking five," Pinkie called out.

"Oki-Doki!" Strawberry Delight put her notepad in her apron and took over for Pinkie at the drink station.

Pinkie stepped up and stood next to Sunset at the counter. She looked at Pinkie. "So? What were you saying?"

"You're incredible!" Pinkie just blurted out. She realized it was a little loud as some customers looked in her direction. She mouthed sorry to them before looking back at Sunset.

Sunset blinked and smiled a little. "Thank you."

"I mean... it seems you have everything in your life under control. You've got an amazing job which you're awesome at, you manage to become friends with anyone you meet, you somehow married someone wild like me, you help out our friends anytime they call, you volunteer at places when you get the chance, and you still get free time. How do you do it all? You probably have a million other things you could be doing, but instead, you're here with me," Pinkie explained.

"Other things? Please I wasn't busy today," Sunset said. Then, her phone suddenly went off. She reached into her pocket and checked her messages. She typed a small reply before putting her phone away and looking at Pinkie innocently. Pinkie put a hand on her hip and frowned. "What?"

"Did you just reschedule something for me?" Pinkie asked.

"Pfft." Sunset waved her hand. "No." Pinkie narrowed her eyes. "Okay... It was just coffee with... Sonata."

Pinkie Pie gasped. "Sonata!?" Sunset just rubbed her hand. "Sonata as in, part of the evil trio who called themselves the Dazzlings even though they were actually Sirens from Equestria who got banished here by a wizard back on your world called Starswirl The Bearded who tried to use their singing voices to mind-control Canterlot High to make the student body do their bidding but failed because Princess Twilight came to help us come up with a musical counter-spell to defeat them, Sonata!?"

"Er...yes." Sunset nodded.

Pinkie sighed and slumped her shoulders. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I was going to! I forgot. Honestly." Sunset put her hands up. "I saw her a few weeks ago and she seemed to be doing good for herself. We talked for a bit, she told me about her life and I told her about mine. We planned to get coffee, that's all."

"Huh... okay," Pinkie said, letting the situation go a lot faster than Sunset anticipated. "But what about-"

"How do I juggle it all?" Sunset finished for her. She put a finger to her chin as she thought. "Pinkie, this is probably one of the hardest questions in history and you're asking me?"

Pinkie shrugged. "Well... you're the smartest person I know, so."

Sunset chuckled a little. "It's not easy. I work for it, I guess." Pinkie was still looking at Sunset intrigued. "I like pushing myself to the limit. If I want something, I work for it. Although, I have thought more carefully about what I do and don't want these days. That's who I am and probably who I always will be."

"You were always like that? Even in Equestria?" Pinkie asked.

"I'm not perfect. You of all people should know that," Sunset said. "You remember what I told you about cutie marks and ponies destinies right?" Pinkie nodded. "Well, leadership is apart of mine. Not... in the way, I hoped as a filly. Thank, Celestia. I know that now. I am a natural-born leader but I use it to help others as well as myself."

"Wow," Pinkie breathed out amazed. "I love how you turned yourself around, Sunset."

Sunset smiled. "Thanks. I'm pretty pleased too. Or, I better be, or else my redemption was a waste of time," she joked.

Pinkie laughed. "I'm sure you'll find your purpose one day. Princess Twilight found out how she was supposed to lead, I know you will too.

Sunset tilted her head. "When did you get so wise?"

"Pfft, it's your fault. Apologize."

"Oh?" Sunset raised an eyebrow. "Well in that case..." Sunset went over to Pinkie and started tickling her sides. Pinkie tried to keep herself contained but she was always ticklish. She roared out laughing begging Sunset to stop. At least, that's what Sunset thought she was hearing. It was hard to tell what Pinkie was saying through her laughing.

"S-Stop! Pleeease. I c-can't!"

"I dunno, Babe. I feel a bit insulted." Pinkie wheezed from her laughing as she tried to free herself. She tried to speak through all the laughter. "What? I can't hear you."

"It w-was a compli- compliment!"

"Hmm, Is that what it was?"

"Y-Yes! Really!"

"Ohhh, I see." Sunset stopped the tickling. Pinkie put a hand on her chest to catch her breath.

"You're a monster," Pinkie managed to say.

"Meh, I've been called worse."

They both started to laugh with one another but heard a cough from behind them. They turned around to see Strawberry with her arms crossed, a rag in her hand, and a smirk on her face.

"Well, if tweedle-dee and tweedle-dumb are finally done playing around, there are customers waiting for assistance," Strawberry said pointing to the line. She then turned back to the drink station.

Sunset and Pinkie looked at each other then back at Strawberry. "Who's tweedle-dumb?" They both asked. They never got an answer however, as a customer cleared their throat wanting someone to take their order.

"Right." Sunset smoothed out her apron and went up to the counter to take some orders. Pinkie smiled and was about to take over from Strawberry when she heard a crash in the kitchen. The three ladies all jumped when they heard the noise.

"What on Earth...?" Strawberry said.

Pinkie looked back at Sunset who whispered, "Go." With that, Pinkie fled into the kitchen.

Angel Cake grumbled. "This is all your fault, Cheese." She wiped her hands off to get rid of the flour.

"Mine!?" Cheese Doodle narrowed his eyes. "You're the one who's scared of every little thing! No wonder you dropped your fruit."

"I wouldn't have dropped the fruit if you knew how to open a bag of flour!"

"Yeah? Well-"

"Guys!"

Cheese and Angel both froze to see their boss standing in the entryway. Pinkie had a look of disappointment on with her arms crossed. She looked around the kitchen to witness a bowl of dried fruit on the ground and flour in her employee's hair. Suddenly, her frown vanished and in replace came a smile. Soon after that, a laugh escaped her lips.

Her employees didn't look amused, however. In fact, they looked frightened. Better yet, confused, because they didn't know why their boss was standing there laughing at them. Pinkie wasn't one to laugh at anyone.

"What's so funny?" Cheese asked quietly. Angel nodded wanting to know the same thing.

Pinkie continued to laugh and said, "This. This mess." Pinkie let out a few more giggled before straightening out. "I'm not laughing at you guys. I'm laughing at myself."

Angel furrowed her eyebrows. "Huh?"

"You're me," Pinkie simply said. "When I was in high school. Before that even." She bent over on the ground to pick up the scattered dried fruit. "I love baking but I wasn't always a perfectionist in the kitchen. I made messes all the time! I still do sometimes. I was so reckless that it could take me days to clean up and that's with the help of my friends. If you wanted a gourmet chef, then Applejack was the one you should've called."

Cheese and Angel both looked at each other before looking back at Pinkie. "Who?" It wasn't like Pinkie was expecting them to know the names of her friends.

"My treats came out nice. Cupcakes, pies, the usual. But when I tried to... "experiment" as you would call it, they came out horrible." Pinkie finished gathering the fruit and stood back up.

"What!? I love your homemade recipes!" Angel exclaimed.

"Thanks! I try," Pinkie told her. "They weren't always. Some of my creations could turn faces green. Literally."

"So we're like... the high school versions of you?" Cheese asked.

Pinkie shrugged. "In a way."

"Awesome! I didn't know high school could be this exciting!" Cheese said bouncing on his feet.

"You've got no idea, Cheese. No idea," Pinkie said. "Now, let's get cleaned up and finish this fruit cake. Chop chop!" she clapped her hands together.

Cheese and Angel saluted. "Yes, Chef!"

*

A little later, Pinkie left the kitchen to see Sunset still at the counter. "Hey," she said.

Sunset turned and welcomed Pinkie back. "Hey. How'd it go? I heard yelling awhile ago."

Pinkie smiled nodding her head side to side trying to come up with an answer. "Nothing I couldn't handle."

Sunset looked surprised. She put an arm on the counter and gave Pinkie her full attention. "Well, hello. I like this boost of confidence you have all of sudden. Just what went down back there?"

"Well..." Pinkie looked back at the kitchen then back at Sunset. "You could say I had a moment with myself."

Sunset snorted. "Yeah. I've had plenty of those." Pinkie giggled in response. "Well then, boss. Shall we get back to work?"

Pinkie put her hands on her hips and said, "We shall."


Beat Fifteen

"Baby!"

Sunset entered the bedroom as fast as she could. "Yeah?"

Pinkie laid on her stomach, feet swinging in the air. She looked up from a magazine she was looking at surprised to see Sunset in the room. "Oh, sorry, Sunny. Not you."

Sunset pouted. "Awe." She walked over to the bed and sat on the edge. "What's going on then."

Pinkie pointed to a page through her magazine. "I was looking through this when I came across this page. Look-it!" Pinkie held it up.

Sunset took it and read the byline. "...Perfect clothes for your perfect little one. On sale, eighty percent off."

Pinkie sat up on the bed and crossed her legs. She twiddled her fingers before saying, "Yeah. I mean we are considering adopting a child right? We could always stock up on clothes when there's a sale. Plus, it's a great excuse to go to the mall."

Sunset continued to stare at the page before sighing and setting it down. "We really are doing this, huh?"

"Of course!" Pinkie exclaimed. When she noticed Sunset didn't look too excited, her optimism faded and she frowned. "Do you not want this anymore?"

Sunset's eyes went wide. "I do!" she took Pinkie's hands. "It's just... this is all going too fast."

Pinkie shook her head with a comforting smile. "It's just baby clothes, Sunny. We can go as slow as you want."

Sunset appreciated how kind and understanding Pinkie was being with her. She really wanted this, though. Raising a child with Pinkie seemed like the most amazing idea since they decided to get married. So, Sunset didn't know why she was hesitating. She saved the world a bunch of times, and yet, adopting a baby still seemed scary. She did want to get over the fear. She wanted this, not only for Pinkie but herself too.

Sunset looked down at her and Pinkie's hands. As she gave it one final thought, she took a deep breath and looked up at her wife. "Let's go to the mall." Pinkie started to grin and she squealed, giving Sunset the biggest and tightest hug she had ever felt.

*

As they walked through the mall, Sunset could see mothers with their children. Baby's being pushed in strollers, toddlers being carried on fathers' backs, kids walking hand and hand with their parents. She could tell the families were happy. The more she looked, the more she admired them. Sunset softly squeezed Pinkie's hand that was in hers. Pinkie looked at her and squeezed back as they continued their way to the baby store.

They arrived at the store sooner than Sunset was expecting. Pinkie practically pulled her inside getting excited. It was a decent size shop, and because of the sale, a lot of people were shopping. The colors were all baby blues, pinks, and yellows. There weren't just clothes either. There were toiletries, bedding, toys, accessories, etc.

Perfect clothes for your perfect little one, Sunset thought to herself.

Pinkie let go of her lover's hand and did a little spin with her arms out. "Look at everything! This is amazing!"

Sunset nodded. "Sure is," she said, also amazed.

"There's the clothing section. Let's go!" Pinkie ran over to the clothing racks with Sunset trailing behind her. "I found zero to three months." Pinkie pointed to the shelf. She looked some clothing over and held up a dark pink onesie with a small sun decal in the middle. "Sunny! Look at this one. Isn't it so adorable?"

Sunset finally caught up and looked at the baby onesie Pinkie was holding. "Wow, that's ironic," she said, studying the colors and design.

"Right?" Pinkie turned it around to look at it herself. She could feel herself starting to tear up. "I love it."

Sunset loved how Pinkie wasn't afraid to show how she was feeling. One of the many traits she didn't seem to have. "It really is perfect." Sunset stepped up to Pinkie and hugged her from the side. "We should get it."

Pinkie turned her head to the side and kissed Sunset on the cheek. "I love you." She dug her head into Sunset's neck. Pinkie didn't know why she was getting so sappy over baby clothes shopping. What she did know was, she loved the woman next to her with all her heart.

Sunset couldn't help but grin and she laid her head on top of Pinkie's. "I love you." The two just stood there for a little while before they were interrupted by a neighboring shopper.

"You two are so sweet!" Sunset and Pinkie both looked up to see a woman about their age with orange and yellow hair pulled into a braid and cream-colored skin. She was looking at them as she held her shopping bag. "Oh, excuse my manners. I'm Zesty Orange. Nice to meet you." She held out her hand for them. Both Sunset and Pinkie didn't hesitate to shake it.

"Hi! I'm Pinkie Pie-Shimmer," Pinkie greeted. She put a hand up and whispered, "You can just call me Pinkie though." Zesty nodded just as Sunset began to speak.

"I'm Sunset Shimmer. Nice to meet you, Zesty," said Sunset.

Pinkie then noticed that that Zesty had a bag full of baby supplies. "Are you expecting? Ooh, and are you having a baby shower!?" Pinkie asked curiously.

"Pinkie, we shouldn't ask her that."

Zesty smiled. "No no, it's okay. Yes, I'm expecting! It's recent, though." She put a hand on her stomach. "I'm not really showing yet, but it's a boy. I'm probably going to have a shower in a few months."

"Awe! Congratulations!" Pinkie commented. Sunset gave Zesty a nod as well.

"Thanks so much! So what about you ladies? Are any of you pregnant?"

Sunset's face went red from the question. Pinkie answered, "Nah, we're adopting. We don't really have any relatives to be doners. None that we know of that is. There was another option... but we didn't want to do that either."

Zesty nodded, understanding. "I totally get it. I hope it works out for you!"

"We really appreciate it." Sunset gave her a small smile. "I hope your pregnancy goes well."

"Of course! I'll give you my number. You're welcome to come to my baby shower whenever it happens." Zesty let out a giggle. Sunset and Pinkie agreed, one more chippy than the other, and then the three of them all exchanged numbers. "Well, I should be going. Have a nice day!"

"Bye!" Pinkie waved as she left. She looked down at her newest contact and started to add emojis next to her name. "She was really nice."

"I guess." Sunset shrugged.

Pinkie finished editing and looked up at Sunset with confusion. "I knew something was off." She tucked her phone in her back pocket before continuing. "What's wrong, Sunny? You like making new friends almost as much as me."

"Wrong? Nothings wrong!" Sunset smiled, larger than usual. "I'm just... so excited to get back to shopping. Oh, look! It's a... uh...a..." Sunset's attention to the object made Pinkie forget about her suspense for Sunset's behavior. Pinkie walked over to what Sunset was babbling about on a nearby shelf. She picked one of them up.

"A baby monitor! Good eye! We could use one."

Sunset rubbed the back of her neck as she could feel herself starting to sweat. "Yep, of course. Totally what I was thinking."

"I mean, we haven't even looked into adopting agencies yet. I just wanted to look at the cutesy clothes," said Pinkie. She looked at the different colors of monitors and decided to add a yellow one to her basket. "I didn't know you were so committed after our talk this morning. If you wanna shop for real, we should!"

Sunset cleared her throat before walking over to Pinkie. "If it's what you want, Sweetie."

Pinkie blinked in surprise. "Well in that case..." She started counting on her fingers. "We're gonna need more clothes, pajamas, toys, healthcare materials, a crib, a baby bathtub, a changing table, a stroller, diapers, formula, baby ointment, wipes, blankets, soap, pacifiers, a brush... "

Sunset's eyes were wide listening to Pinkie list everything they were gonna need. She could feel her lips becoming dry and she felt like she was going to pass out. Thankfully, it was figuratively. How in the world were they going to do it? How was she going to handle it! Their fun little shopping trip was becoming more stressful than Sunset thought.

Breath, Sunset. You are fully prepared for this. Besides, you got Pinkie. You are fully committed to-

"Maybe a mobile and nightlight. Ooh, and a car seat. We could use a rocking chair too. Oh! A playpen. Wait, where are we gonna put these things? We're better off selling the apartment."

That drew the line for Sunset's attempt to remain calm. "SELLING THE APARTMENT!?" Pinkie flinched, almost dropping the basket. Some nearby customers in the store stopped and froze at Sunset's outburst as well. "Heh..." Everybody paid her no mind as they went back to shopping. Pinkie didn't however, as she stared at her wife concerned. Sunset opened her mouth to say something but Pinkie started first.

"I didn't actually mean we do it." Pinkie bottom lip started to tremble. "B-Babies... they're a lot of work, ya know?" Sunset tried to speak but she stood there watching her wife begin to cry. "These things are important. I wasn't making all of it up, Sunset." She clenched the basket in both of her hands and looked down.

"I know you weren't. Pinkie-"

"No. You told me you wanted to do this. I'm trying to take it slow but you know how excited I can get."

"I know! That's why I'm-"

Pinkie sniffed and wiped her eye. She looked up before asking, "Why did you lie? If you don't want to raise a child with me you should've just told me."

"I didn't lie! I promise it wasn't, I-" Sunset searched her brain trying to come up with something to say. She stuttered while she pulled some of her hair. "I'm just freaked out! I thought I was ready for this. I said yes multiple times. Your grand opening..." Pinkie swallowed as she watched Sunset try to explain. "It's hard. I've never done anything like this before. I never thought I would be doing something like this. If someone told me years ago that I would marry the sweetest woman in the world, in a world of humans no less, and adopt a child, I wouldn't believe them. I would laugh in their face!" Sunset's face turned red, her voice began to crack, and she started crying. "What if I'm not g-good enough? What if I do something w-wrong? Can I even be trusted a-anymore? I-I-"

"Hey! Hey." Pinkie set her basket on the ground, walked over, and embraced Sunset in a hug. Sunset didn't even hug back as she stood there sobbing in her wife's arms. Pinkie rubbed Sunset's back trying to calm her down. "Relax, Sunny. I'm here and you're not alone. You've got me." Pinkie didn't care if they were making a scene. Sunset was clearly in pain and it was her fault. She didn't mean to make Sunset crack like this. Especially not during a time that was supposed to be happy.

"I'm not worth it. To become apart of a child's life... they don't deserve that. Not me..."

"That's not true! That's not true. You are the best person I know. They deserve you just as much as you deserve them."

"What if I c-can't do it? I'm not like you, Pinkie."

"Exactly. You're not me. You're Sunset Shimmer. The most genuine, kind, loyal, responsible person I know. You're my heart, Sunny and you are more than ready for this. If anyone could kill it at parenting, it's you."

Sunset shook in Pinkie's arms but her crying soothed a little. "I'm gonna mess it up. I already messed it up."

"You didn't! I'm sorry. This is my fault. You told me you wanted to go slow and I agreed. I should've never suggested we come to this shop." Pinkie frowned. She started to feel Sunset recuperate and wrap her arms around her. "I get it. I'm not disappointed in you. I'm not going to force you to do anything but you are ready for this and that's not a lie."

"I wanna do this with you."

"Okay! We can! We'll listen to each other and raise the rainbows outta this baby." Pinkie could feel Sunset start to laugh and she pulled away just a little. "The only reason I'm sure I can do this is because I got you to do it with me."

Sunset wiped her eyes but they stayed red. She sniffed before saying, "Thank you. That means a lot to me. Raising a child means a lot to me. You mean a lot to me." Pinkie smiled at her words. "If you're ready... I am too."

"We got this, Sunset. Together." Pinkie kissed Sunset right on the lips making Sunset smile against her. It was full of emotion. It was a commitment, assurance, and love. Sunset could tell it was almost an exact replica of the kiss they shared after they exchange certain vows. Pinkie slowly pulled away and blushed furiously as she realized they were still in public. The customers around them shared some ooo's and awe's before they walked away leaving the couple alone.

Sunset put some hair behind her ear before saying, "I'm sold. Let's do it." Pinkie playfully hit Sunset in the chest making both of them laugh. The let go of each other and Pinkie grabbed her basket off the floor. "No, really. I feel okay." Pinkie smiled. "I wasn't lying this morning when I said I was on board. It's just stressful. I'm not used to preparing for something like this. It seems like yesterday we were battling magic-infused animals with rainbow blasts and now..." Sunset sighed.

"Awe, it's not like we're getting a child tomorrow. I said we'll take it slow, so we will." She let out a giggle. "We don't have all the time in the world but we do have things to do before. We're going to Equestria this summer for Pete's sake!" Sunset giggled that time. "This is a journey we're taking together, Sunset. Always and forever."

Sunset took a deep breath and nodded. "You're right, Babe."

"So if you ever feel like we need to pause, just say so. I'm here to listen."

Sunset crossed her arms and smiled. "Usually it's me having to comfort you."

"I don't mind taking turns." They both laughed at Pinkie's comment. "Now, I'll put these things back. Let's just buy this onesie and leave. There are curly fries at the food court!"

Sunset took Pinkie's hand as they walked to the register. "Sounds good to me. Just to be clear though... I don't have to give up my motorcycle, right?"

*

Later that evening, far after there trip to the mall, Sunset sat at her desk which was against a wall in the living room. She was deep in focus as she scrolled on her computer. That is, until she felt two hands resting against her shoulders. She jumped and turned her chair around to see Pinkie standing there with a grin.

"Celestia's sun, Pinkie! You scared the Tartarus outta me." Pinkie just laughed as Sunset turned her chair back towards the computer.

"I'm going to pretend I know what that means and ask you what are you doing instead," said Pinkie.

Sunset sighed as she typed something. "Tartarus is where Equestria keeps the most dangerous criminals locked up."

Pinkie gasped. "You've been there?"

Sunset shook her head. "No, but I've heard stories."

"Can ponies get sent there too?"

"When they've committed something to that extent. I committed treason and took a strike at world domination. Luckily Princess Twilight saw the good in me," Sunset explained. "I only know of somepony named Cozy Glow that was imprisoned there. However, the last thing I heard about that from the Princess was she was turned to stone with some other criminals her and her friends faced."

Pinkie shivered. "Yikes. I would not want to be turned to stone. Or go to Tartarus..."

"Pfft, no kidding. Don't worry though, you are far from that. Besides, your pony self is a citizen there, not you." Sunset scooted her chair to the side so Pinkie could view the computer. "As to what I'm doing..."

Pinkie scanned the page displayed. "You're actually looking at houses!?"

"Mhm."

"B-But." Pinkie couldn't get the words out, shaken in shock. Not that she didn't want it, of course. She just assumed after their talk that morning and at the mall, they were taking a serious pause on the baby thing. "I t-thought-"

Sunset put an elbow on the desk and laid her head on her hand. "That I was bluffing?" To be fair, Sunset didn't know if she was or not. Then again, it wasn't a bad idea either. It wasn't like they were planning on staying in the small apartment their whole life. Pinkie was almost done with online college, they both had pretty successful jobs, nothing was stopping them from moving. She knew her wife was right about needing room after the adoption. So it was just earlier than Sunset thought, that's all.

Pinkie cleared her throat. "Well, uh... yeah."

"Nope! In fact, I found a couple we might like." Sunset pushed her chair back and patted her lap. "C'mon, sit." Pinkie raised an eyebrow but didn't move. Sunset nodded her head for assurance and Pinkie shrugged. She walked over and sat on the side of Sunset's lap. "Alright, take a look."

"M'kay," Pinkie said. "Do any of these have a pool?"

"Who do you think I am?" Sunset asked her. Pinkie asking such an obvious question was bogus and insulting for Sunset. It was like Pinkie had no idea who she was anymore. "Two of them do." Not surprising to Sunset, Pinkie squealed and took over the computer mouse, scrolling through the pictures of the houses on the real estate site.

Not that they were rich or anything. Sunset believed they could handle a bit extra on the bills each month. The houses she had chose weren't that big anyway. It was only two of them; soon to be three. Besides... Pinkie's water aerobics skills certainly weren't anything to laugh about. If one could believe that, that is.

Then the two of them continued to browse at houses before they found themselves exhausted from the day. They got ready for bed and snuggled up under the covers before falling asleep in each other's arms.


Beat Sixteen

It was busy in the apartment of Shimmer as boxes were being carried out and men in blue tees and caps were coming in and out the door. The place was almost cleared out in fact. Pinkie thought it was so generous of those people to come and help move their furniture and such that she couldn't have them work themselves to the bone without hydrating. It was such a long way from their room down to the first floor and out into the parking lot.

Pinkie stood in the less crowded kitchen (as her cooking appliances had been wrapped and put away by Pinkie herself) and added little umbrella straws inside her homemade drinks before placing them on a serving tray. Satisfied with the display, she carried the tray out of the kitchen and into the living room where a worker was carrying a bin of clothes.

Pinkie approached and handed a drink out to him. "Here you go, sir!"

The moving man looked to the side, set the bin on the floor, and happily took the glass of pink lemonade that Pinkie had given him. "Why thank you, miss..."

Pinkie smiled. "Just Pinkie."

"Well thank you, just Pinkie. This is very kind of you. Do you ladies always give refreshments to your hires?"

"Only Pinkie," Sunset said with a small giggle. She was over by the couch's side table wrapping a lamp in bubble wrap.

He nodded. "I appreciate it, really." He drank the whole cup in almost one gulp before giving it back to Pinkie. "It was great."

"I'm so glad! I'm off to the others outside with the truck." Pinkie practically skipped out the door somehow managing to keep her tray of drinks perfectly still. Like Sunset had said, only Pinkie.

"I know you're paid for this and it's your job, but thank you anyway."

"Of course, Miss Shimmer!" After an exchange of nods, he picked up the bin and again started carrying it out. A small smile grew on Sunset's face and she continued bubble wrapping the lamp.

Pinkie wasn't the only gal excited about the move. It wasn't just a big step in their lives but it was also a wonderful experience. When they finally found a house they were pleased with it was thrilling just putting the offer in. Knowing they got it and were actually moving? Miraculous!

Sunset laid the fully wrapped lamp in a box with the others. She sat on her knees, grabbed the orange duck tape, took a strip, and sealed the box. Just as she did, Pinkie came bouncing back in with a tray of empty cups. She looked proud knowing the movers enjoyed her hospitality. She looked over at Sunset who waved her over.

"Sweetie, could you hand me the pink Sharpie over there?" she asked pointing to a box with the Sharpie on top.

"Mhm!" She took and handed the pen to Sunset who thanked her and started to label the box. "Is there anything I can do to help?"

Sunset hummed and as she wrote on the box she said, "I don't think so. Basically everything is packed now besides the furniture. The movers are handling those though."

"Are you saying I'm not strong, Sunset?"

Sunset looked up and raised an eyebrow. "Not at all. Pinkie, you carry more stuff in your hair than Marry Poppins does in her purse." They both had a giggle to the musical reference. "I just don't want you to sprain something doing it by yourself. Why do you think I'm not helping lift the really big stuff? Besides, it's not like I have Rainbow or AJ to help me."

Pinkie shrugged. "True. I did pack the kitchen and my stuff anyway."

"Wanna help label boxes?" She waved the pen in the air. "You can use the pink Sharpie. I could use a drink."

"Sure! There's still some lemonade in the pitcher on the counter."

"Great!" Sunset stood up and gave Pinkie the pen. "I'll get some right now." She left for the kitchen and Pinkie got right onto labeling some boxes.

Pinkie turned to the first box on her left. She sat on her knees and before opening it. Inside it looked like it contained CDs of some sort. Pinkie pulled the top off the pen with her teeth and wrote in big letters, COMPACT DISKS. She added some miniature hearts around it just so it would look pretty. She sealed the box with Sunset's orange roll of tape and moved on to the next one.

She opened that one and noticed inside were old art materials. Paints, colored pencils, oil pastels, canvases, etc. Pinkie smiled while looking in the box. Her and Sunset hadn't painted in so long. It would be nice for them to start back up again. Maybe sooner rather than later! They used to do it a lot before both of them got so busy.

"Pinkie!" Pinkie jumped at the sound of Sunset's voice. She turned around to see Sunset with a glass of lemonade in her hand and a confused look on her face. "I've been trying to get your attention, silly. What's got you so distracted?" Pinkie moved out of the way and scooted the box towards Sunset. "Ah, nostalgia," she said looking inside.

"We forgot. I forgot..." Pinkie said with a frown.

"Those were great times. Messy... but great. Remember when you painted me that picture of Equestria for our engagement party?"

Pinkie nodded. "Of course! It was so embarrassing. I didn't know what Equestria looked like. Even from everything you told me I couldn't picture it exactly. The painting was totally off. You asked me who those ponies were in the background and I was ashamed to tell you it was us. I started crying and wishing I had never shown it to you."

Sunset joined Pinkie on the ground and put her other hand on her shoulder. "And then I told you it was the best gift someone's ever given me."

"It was terrible! Admit it!" Pinkie giggled.

"No way! I love it. The fact that you tried to give me something that precious was beautiful to me. Always will be." Sunset smiled at her.

Pinkie smiled back before she asked, "Why did we stop? I remember us having so much fun."

"I'm not sure. It's one of those things that fade eventually, I guess."

Pinkie looked her in the eyes. "We should paint again! You know, after we move."

"That's a great idea!" Sunset gave Pinkie a quick peck on the lips making her blush. It didn't matter where or when or big or small, every pancake flipping time, she would blush. Sunset stood up and held her hand out. Pinkie gladly took it and bounced up off the floor. Sunset stared at the box next to her. "Uh, babe?"

"Hmm?"

"That's the video games box, not the CD's."

Pinkie blinked then stared at the box and back at Sunset. At the box, at Sunset. She huffed and crossed her arms. "Oh, bubblegum."

*

"Here we are!" Sunset pushed open the doors.

Pinkie almost dropped the small pink handbag she was holding. "Oh. My. GOSH! Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh!" Pinkie's smile looked longer than the Great Wall of Chineigh as she ran into her Pie-Shimmer estate.

"Whoa, Pinkie. Watch out for the movers!" Sunset made her way inside as well checking out the place.

It wasn't huge but definitely big enough for three and some friends to come over now and then. If anything, the kitchen was larger than the living room. White marbled countertops with matching white cabinets. "Why am I just now realizing that maybe a house with a white kitchen wasn't the best choice?" Sunset put a finger to her chin and sighed. She looked around expecting Pinkie to be there but there was no cloud of pink insight. Sunset shrugged and decided to go upstairs.

The master bedroom was probably Sunset's favorite part of the house. There was also a spacious walk-in closet. Not as huge as Rarity's but perfect for their many clothes. She already knew just where to put the bed. Sunset put her hands on her hips and gave a proud smile. She then realized that Pinkie wasn't anywhere upstairs. "Uh... Pinkie? You here?"

No answer came and Sunset walked back downstairs. "Sweetie!" Sunset didn't get a response but instead got an echoing squeal. "She didn't." Sunset went to the back door and stepped outside. She stared in disbelief on just how giant the pool actually was. Why did she Pinkie final say on the house again? It looked smaller in the picture! She then looked towards the back noticed her wife waving.

"Hiya, Sunset! Woo hoo!" Pinkie cupped her knees and cannonballed into the water. It made a splash and Sunset stepped back a little. She laughed. Of course she would go outside first. Pinkie then gasped as she raised up to the surface.

Sunset then got a closer look at Pinkie and realized something. "Pinkie, are you swimming in your underwear?"

Pinkie looked down at herself and her pink ruffled bra and panties set. "Uh-huh! I didn't have my swimsuit!" She gave a slight smile. "Join me?"

Sunset chuckled. She started pulling her socks and clothes off. What did she expect from the woman she fell in love with and married? "You know the movers are still bringing in our stuff, right? We still have to pay them." Pinkie scratched her head and shrugged. "Only you, Pinkie."

Pinkie started to chuckle too and started rushing her to come in the water. Sunset then finished undressing and Pinkie stared at her in disbelief. "Are you wearing the matching set I bought you?"

Sunset looked down at her own ruffled red set. "Huh... I guess so. Why? Is it not good?"

Pinkie waved her hands frantically. "No no! You look good. I love it."

"Well duh, you picked it out."

Pinkie went red for the second time that day. "You always look good, Sunny."

"Oh!" It was Sunset's turn to blush. "Thank you." Pinkie nodded still flustered. They weren't intimate often, but when they were, it was always more magical than shooting rainbow lasers would ever be. "Well, watch out."

"Huh?" Pinkie tilted her head. Her question was answered when Sunset started running. "Ah! Wait!" She covered her face as Sunset jumped straight into the area she was in the pool. She got splashed over the head with water and when she regained her vision she saw Sunset looking at innocently. "Oh, it is on."

Pinkie narrowed her eyes and splashed water over to Sunset. They then ended up in a whole water fight, splashing each other and dunking themselves underwater. All this was happening in their new house, in their new pool, with their matching underwear sets. Who would've thought?

They continued to swim for the next hour while the movers who had finished moving in their stuff minutes ago, sat on their see-through wrapped couch. They all patiently sat there talking amongst themselves instead of interrupting the couple in the backyard.

"Say, how long until they'll remember we're here?" All of them shrugged.

Only Sunset Shimmer and Pinkie Pie.

As if my heart beats a thousand times again.

The End

Author's Note:

This is a promised sequel way overdue. I hope you enjoyed Sunpie! I sure did, hehe. I'm planning two mini sequels to end the series. Hopefully, I'll get those done quicker.

DM me any grammatical errors, if you'd please!

Check out my My Story Timeline, for more stories!

Please, don't hesitate to comment helpful tips, dislikes, and loves. I could use any support.

xoxo, Nysa ♥

Comments ( 4 )

Great story! Luving it!

10287266
Thanks a bunch! :twilightsmile:

awwww

Login or register to comment