• Published 6th Aug 2020
  • 352 Views, 13 Comments

Cogs Of Time - DmitriTheWriter



It's been a week since Twilight Sparkle ascended to the throne of Equestria, and the country is already being invaded by robots from the future. Story of her life.

  • ...
1
 13
 352

Chapter 5: The Ending of The Ending

Silicate scrambled his way to the center square, leaving the gears and screws of his fallen comrades in his wake. Twilight Sparkle sat cross-legged in her cage, playing a game of solitaire and completely disregarding the world around her. The princess Flurry Heart had her horn lit up and was conjuring up a shield of rose-tinted energy around herself, which kept the Royal Sisters’ blasts of magic at bay, at least for now.

“Silicate! Thank the stars you’re here! Where’s Autonomos?!” Flurry Heart said frantically.

“Autonomos? Uhh, he...tripped and fell on a…” Silicate looked around and saw the Metal Star flying to and fro across the battlefield, trying and failing to locate a target. “...Sphere. It was very tragic. Held a funeral and everything.”

"Well, whatever,” Flurry Heart said. “I've been fixing the bugs in the Star's operating system remotely as I've been fighting here. Give it ten seconds, and this battle should be ours!”

Nine seconds later, a chunk of metal shaped oddly like the head of a pony streaked rapidly through the air, embedding itself onto the upper part of the Metal Star. The sphere of annihilation stopped dead in its tracks, hovering in place just above the ground, and the glowing green lines on it blinked erratically as if it was recalibrating something.

“What just happened? Why’d it stop?!” Flurry cried out angrily.

The pony head embedded on top of the Star opened its glowing blue eyes wide and emitted an ear-piercing scream

"You betrayed me!" the head on the Star cried out in anguish. "You were a brother to me, Silicate! I loved you!

"Is that...Autonomos?!" Flurry said in disbelief. "What did you do to him?!"

"Uhh...I did what I had to do!" Silicate said.

Flurry flared daggers at him and growled. "Neutralize the Metal Star immediately, or I'll have you made into scrap!"

"Sorry, I can't hear you! I’m too busy leaving!” Silicate fled towards the palace gates at a full gallop.

Silicate!

The Star's ear-splitting screams only grew louder with time, until even the Royal Sisters were trying to cover their ears with their hooves. All of a sudden, the Star began to make a noise like grinding rusty nails on a chalkboard as it tore itself to pieces. Massive hunks of metal rained down to Earth, and the whirrs of the Star's machinery fell silent. The Royal Sisters fell silent. Flurry fell silent.

Is there any possible way, by any possible measure, that things could get even worse? Flurry thought.

Suddenly, she saw another pony trot down the street, wearing full plate armor with an hourglass symbol engraved on the side of it. Behind her was a company of alicorn soldiers, with coats as black as coal, and manes as red as fire. This was all Flurry Heart needed to see. She tried to teleport away, but all that did was create a cloud of sparkly pink smoke around herself. She tried again, to the same effect.

Major Authority drew her glowing teal sword as she trotted onto the scene, a soldier on either side of her. “We have this situation under control, Princesses Celestia and Luna. Let us handle the rogue agent.”

"Excuse me, I must object to this overstepping of your authority!" Celestia stamped her hoof on the ground. "Flurry Heart is an Equestrian citizen according to jus soli and the Crystal Act of 1001. Therefore, she is under our jurisdiction."

"Are you challenging the authority of the Kairos Organization?" Major Authority glared at Celestia. The princess of the sun promptly backed down, smiling and laughing nervously.

Authority lit up her horn, and in an instant two glowing rings poofed into existence. One placed itself on Flurry’s horn, and the other bound her wings to her side. She said nothing, and only hung her head low in defeat.

“Princess Flurry Heart, under the authorization given to me by the Kairos Organization, I hereby place you under arrest!” Major Authority said.

Suddenly, Commander Spatium flew in from the other side of the city and landed on the center square. He had a confident look about him as he drew his glowing teal sword.

"It is time to meet your doom, rapscallious rogue known to the world as Flurry Heart! For I, Commander Spatium, am here to...bring...you...to justice." As he kept talking, Spatium slowly realized that he was completely surrounded by Kairos personnel and right in front of Major Authority herself. Authority produced another set of two binding rings in the air in front of her, and Spatium hung his own head in defeat as the rings wrapped themselves around his wings and horn.

"Wow, two for one. Now there's only one major rogue agent left to capture." Major Authority turned to the stallion to her left. “Sergeant Surge, use the Persons Locator to decipher Silicate’s location.”

“Yes, ma’am!” Sergeant Surge floated a large tablet device in front of his face from his saddlebag. He clacked a few keys on his Locator and it pulsed with power, emitting a ring of light in all directions.

“Where is he?” Major Authority asked.

Sergeant Surge looked at the map on the Locator, puzzled. “He’s...not here,” he said.

“What?!” Major Authority glanced over Surge’s shoulder. “What do you mean he’s not here?”

“I’m guessing Silicate isn’t in this dimension anymore, because he has left the building.”

Major Authority sighed with irritation. “Send search teams throughout all dimensions in this sector, all timestreams, everywhere. Do not let him escape, I repeat, do not let him escape!”

“Yes ma’am!”

Like trained commandos, all of the Kairos soldiers vanished into the shadows as Spatium and Flurry Heart were beamed away to who-knows-where. Immediately afterwards, Rainbow Dash and her ragtag army rushed in from the street like a stampede of bunnies. The angry mob looked around in confusion, as they had been expecting a fight.

"Um...what'd I miss?" Rainbow asked.

"Nothing. You missed nothing," Major Authority said sternly. "Nothing happened here today. Everybody go home now. Show's over." With a pop and a flash of light, Major Authority disappeared too.

Rainbow Dash shrugged. “Well, guess I can’t argue with that.”


As Celestia and Luna were arguing with each other over Celestia-and-Luna-know-what, the other five Element bearers walked over to Twilight’s cage. Twilight looked up from her game of solitaire, thoroughly done with everything and everyone around her. “Oh, you’re finished. Brilliant.” Her words dripped with sarcasm like a good grilled cheese sandwich dripped with melted cheddar.

Applejack put her hoof behind her head. “Look, sugarcube, we’re sorry for abandoning you like that back there this mornin’. We didn’t know it would grow into this huge...thing.”

“Just get me out of this cage, please,” Twilight said in a deadpan tone.

“Of course.” Applejack got into position and, with one good buck, kicked the roof of the cage clean off. Twilight flew above the bars and touched down on the ground beside her friends.

“I suppose we should be getting back to Canterlot now,” Twilight said.

“But how? Discord brought us here, and now he’s...gone.” Applejack looked wistfully behind her.

Suddenly, with a pop and a brief distortion of the air, Discord rematerialized in front of the Mane Six. He rubbed his forehead as he groaned in pain.

“Wow, being blown to atoms was not fun,” he said. "I'll certainly be feeling that in the morning."

Discord looked down to see the Mane Six looking expectantly at him. He frowned.

“Oh, let me guess, you forgot to account for transportation going home from this whole shindig, and now you want me to teleport you guys back to Canterlot for free?”

The Mane Six all nodded in unison.

“I mean, if you even can,” Fluttershy said with a smirk. “Being torn apart must have taken its toll on your powers.”

“What the-are you doubting my abilities?!” Discord said incredulously.

“I just don’t want you to overexert yourself. Teleporting so many ponies over such a long distance can’t be easy, especially in your condition.” Fluttershy’s smirk grew even wider.

“Overexert myself? It’s literally a snap. Watch this!” Discord snapped his claws and he and the Mane Six were back in Canterlot. It was when he saw that he was in Canterlot that Discord realized what had just happened. “You know, I really don’t like you sometimes, Fluttershy.”


Twilight Sparkle opened up the doors to her bedroom in Canterlot Palace. They always seemed to creak for some odd reason. The bedroom was exactly the way Twilight had left it when she got up that morning. The bedsheets were disheveled, the pillows were uneven, and the candle she had lit when she woke up was still burning. You gotta love Infinity Candles™.

Twilight crawled into her palatial bed and curled up underneath the sheets. “First thing in the morning, I’m establishing a parliament. I can’t keep dealing with this nonsense anymore.”

“Fair enough.” Spike did the same with his own bed and blew out the candle lighting up the room.


From the depths of outer space, a disc-shaped spacecraft parked itself in orbit around the planet. Piloting the disc were an entire crew of giant space ants, plotting to invade and turn this pristine planet into their newest colony world. The captain of the ship and his first mate looked on the glistening blue orb from the helm of the ship, listening in on the recent occurrences on its surface.

“So whaddya dink, boss?” the first mate asked.

“Eh, on second thought, let’s not invade Equestria. It is a silly place.”

Author's Note:

And so ends this odd and baffling saga. With Flurry Heart getting arrested and Discord recovering from getting (figuratively) punched in the gut.

At least I managed to write something.

Comments ( 2 )

This fic was a quite a read, I guess.
I often liked the randomness pretty much

Kind of hated the bit of Celestia getting intimidated like that by Major Authority like that. Though it would be worse if that happened to Luna too.

Well that's all the thoughts I had on this chapter I suppose

Okay, seriously. What the fuck? No really. I didn't get any of this. All I kinda saw was that Flurry tried to be evi, but failed, and some f:flutterrage::twilightangry2:d up, author invented, thing stopped her.

But literally there was nothing there that could justify it. Hay, Flurry doing any of this made even less sense than Pinkie and Discord combined.

Login or register to comment