• Published 20th Nov 2019
  • 597 Views, 21 Comments

Sword Art Online demonic change - redsopine



What happens when a pony corrupted by demons is banished to a different reality that was just a game that became all to real.

  • ...
11
 21
 597

Umbras Arrival/Murder Within The Safe Zone

March 26 2024 the 56th floor Assualt Team meeting


"I told you that we are not going to have the villigers killed just for a cheap way to beat the boss just give me a few days and i can tank its attacks and hold it in place for you to kill!"

Yells Redsopine slamming his fist onto the table glaring at Asuna who by now was the second in command of the guild The Knights Of The Blood Oath wearing a white and red dress amour.

"And I've told you Red we don't have time to wait for you to get strong enough the longer we are in here the more time we lose in the real world and you and Kirito are the ones that are constantly slacking off where was you two months ago when we fought the last boss at the back just to catch a thieves guild and help some kid revive her familiar we could have used you in that fight!"

"Look I've said what I wanted to say if your going to be heartless like that I won't be a part of it."

Redsopine says walking away and out the area taking off into the air and flying to a clearing to train by himself.

"GAHHH who does she think she is acting like lives don't matter even if they come back they still feel pain they are still living beings in there own right!"

"calm down little one you know they don't understand things like we do humans in this world only see it as a game and that they are trapped like we are but hopefully once free they will take the lives of the villagers into consideration now focus on the ground and ready your arm you should be strong enough to wield my staff again."

Says Terra inside Reds head as Redsopine gets into a Keeling stance feeling the ground.

"Are you really being honest with me terra i dont remember much just your names and your rules how do i know i can trust you?"


After the meeting Kirito is approached by Agil a clearer that runs a merchant shop.

"Hey Kirito you and Red sure seem to be arguing with Asuna alot?"

"I know and its funny when i said to her she would be better off joining a guild i did not expect she would join the strongest or become the second in command."


4 Months later

Kirito and Redsopine are laying down on a rock and on the grass.

"Trust you two to be slacking off when theres work to be done!"

Says Asuna in a disaproving tone her hands on her hips.

"The settings are at the most optimal today a cool breeze beautiful warm sunlight it would be a waste to be working on such a beautiful day."

Says Kirito not even opening his eyes as he waves a hand lazily.

"You try spending most of your life two fifths reptilian and not develop the need to relax on a rock during a beautiful sunny day like this."

Red says offhandedly yawning as he starts to snore.

"Wait did he just say he's spent most of his life two fifths reptilian as in not all of his life but at some point he become part reptial?"

Asks Asuna a confused look on her face.

"Trust me Asuna don't go asking him about that you would not belive him unless you saw it for yourself."

Kirito says before patting the ground next to him.

"Come take a rest its a beautiful day I'm going to take a nap.

Asuna rolls her eyes and sighs before laying down on the grass before shortly falling asleep as Red cracks a eye open and smirks before sliding off his rock and walking back to town thinking to himself.

"Everyone wants to feel like someone cares."


centre of town 30 minutes later

"Hey Redsopine over here!"

Shouts Silica waving her hands in the air as pina coos and flutters about Red smiles and walks over.

Hey Silica you doing ok?

I'm doing fine I even made some new friends In a guild I joined I think you know there the Moonlit Black Cats.

Silica says in a excited tone as Red winces a bit from bad memories before smiling.

That's great news I hope there doing ok they must have gotten stronger to be up this high now

That we have Red and we never got to thank you for saving our lives back then so thank you" says Sachi coming up behind Red and hugging him smiling and as soon as Red turn's around smiling a bit awkwardly she slaps him hard on the face.

AND THAT'S FOR JUST LEAVING US AFTER YOU TRIED TO THROW YOURSELF OFF THE EDGE YOU IDIOT! " Then she starts crying and holds shim close in a bigger hugplease don't do that again.

"I'm sorry for that Sachi but i am doing better now how are the others and has Ducker stopped opening random chest yet?" Red asks as a Indignent HEY can be heard from someplace in the market.

"He has so how do you know Silica here and did you know she is a amazing dagger fighter?"

"Me and Kirito ran into her in a forest on the 46th level about 8 months ago she was surrounded by a few of those ape things and poor Pina here took a club for her." Red says petting Pinna gently as she coos again.

"So me and Kirito decided to help her retrive a revive item for her but we ran into a theives guild halfway there and this little nutter charges three of them with her daggers and kept them busy and distracted." Red says ruffling Silicas hair as she punches his leg in annoyance.

"Hey who are you calling little."

Silica says in a annoyed tone before stamping on Reds foot making a loud CRUNCH noise.

"OWOWOWOWOWOW I THINK YOU BROKE A TOE."

Redsopine shouts hopping on one foot as he is holding the other one.

"Oops sorry Red i forgot that you take damage diffrently to us in here so what should we do today once your foot heals?"

Silica asks in concern as Sarchi giggles smiling at Reds antics.

"I've missed this Red i remember when you made soup that one time and spilled it on yourself and you tried to hide the fact you did it by claming you had to meditate in your room but we all saw you sneak out to wash something."

"HEY I THOUGHT YOU PROMISED NOT TO TELL PEOPLE ABOUT THAT!"

Red shout's out embarrassed as he stops hopping about before he chuckles at his own antic's before narrowing his eyes as he notices a small shadow darker then the others moving about on its own before grinning and then frowning as he sees a small paw reach out of the shadows and pluck a money pouch of a player walking past it.

"Ok I seriously thought you broke that habit Umbra."

Redsopine thinks to himself.

“Hey you guys head on ahead some guy dropped his money pouch.”

Red says as he nabs the pouch and catches up to the player.

“Hey mister you dropped your money pouch watch over it better in future.”

He hands the player his pouch back and walks over to Umbras hiding spot.

“follow me outside the walls we need to talk about you stealing again Umbra!”

With that said Redsopine starts heading for a gate by a clock tower when suddenly a man falls out of it hanging by a rope a spear in his chest and a woman screams loudly.

“OH SHIT HANG ON I’ll CUT YOU DOWN SOMONE BE READY TO CATCH HIM!”

Red shouts as he takes to the air drawing a serrated dagger he grabs the rope and starts slicing it till he sees the mans lifebar hit red and started to lower and he let go of the rope the mans lifebar freezes with 1hp left before he suddenly vanishes like he was just killed.

“MONSTER WHAT HAVE YOU DONE YOU KILLED HIM WE ALL SAW IT!”

Someone in a crowd shouts before something sharp pierces his left shoulder though his blue feathered wing and his chest coughing blood he falls to the ground hard with a spear though him blood pooling around him as he tries to stand as a mob starts to surround him weapons drawn.

“So the rumours are true this creature is not like us or the game he bleeds and we have all heard the tales of how he fights different to all of us how far is it to guess not even the rules of the safe zone would stop him from killing people we should end this beast before it kills again while it is weak”

A man wearing a mask and covered in a cloak says as starts walking towards Red a knife in his hand as the mob closes in.

“HEY LEAVE HIM YOU ALONE BULLIES!”

Shouts Sillica as she gets in front of him ready to fight as the other members of the Moonlite Blackcats surrounds Red in a protective shield.

“You should all be ashamed of yourselves day in day out he risks life for us on the frontlines and unlike us he doesn’t heal instantly from injuries he was once in our guild and we saw just how hard it is for him to recover from near death time and time again all a safe zone does for him is let him heal safely none of you saw him after he saved our lives and none of you will touch him without going through us!”

Sachi says as she holds her spear out in front of her the others members drawing there weapons only to have her spear lowered as Red is standing behind her his legs shaking as he speaks.

“Don’t worry about me I’ve had worse then a spear though me but I could use a bit of help to pull it out my back”

He says grabbing the front of the spear coming out his shoulder and snapping it off easily throwing it to the ground as it vanishes.

“Now as to the rest of you It would be wise to leave these people alone or you will be dealing with me and I won’t hold back if you hurt them.”

“And neither will the Knights of the blood oath.”

Says Asuna as Kirito already has his sword out and ready.

“And you will be dealing with me if anyone tries to attack him in a safe zone if it means protecting my friend I don’t care if I go orange.”

Red slowly walks forward before collapsing on the ground passing out from the blood loss as the crowd starts dispersing leaving Kirito and Asuna and the guild members behind as they quickly grab onto red and start carrying him away towards a nearby building.

“There this should be ok easy to defend till he heals up and we have enough supplies to patch him up for now”

Sachi says setting him down and quickly pulling out some pieces of cloth to use to slow the bleeding as a small laugh echos in the room.

“Thanks all of you for protecting my boss it’s been a long time since people stood up for him against a mob.”

Says a young voice seemingly from nowhere before Redsopines shadow moves away from him as a small anthro panther cub rises up from it.

“My name is Umbra and it’s a pleasure to meet you and it’s nice to see you again Lady Silica thank you for the food you gave me.”

Silica looks puzzled before blinking and then giggling a little.

“Oh I remember you your the little kitty I shared my food with the other day I’m glad to see your ok”

Everyone else just blinks.

“WHAAAT HOW ARE YOU TALKING!”

Kirito kneels down and smirks a little.

“So I’m guessing your like Terra right that stone bear Red took down almost a year ago your from the same place as him?”

Umbra nods before speaking again

“You got it and I’m glad to hear boss found Terra he’s a great healer though ok surprised he wasn’t summoned when Red was attacked he normally comes out to protect him?”

Asuna looks between the Kirito and the strange panther creature and then to the strangely relaxed guild members who was freaking out a second ago.

“Ok can someone please tell me why your all so calm and what’s going on.”

“Oh that’s simple they clued on I’m not from this world same as Red who they saw fighting Terra and most likely saw him absorb and turn into a stone berserker am I correct?”

The members of the moonlit black cats nod as silica speaks.

I’ve seen him fight and they told me about that heck he disarmed and broke the legs of 3 people without even using a weapon or his armour and the fact is in the game you don’t break bones you cut stuff off and you heal instantly or need health potion to recover and his blood it’s obvious there’s more to him.”

“Could you guys try not to talk about me like I’m not in the room please.”

Says Redsopine as he sits back up holding a piece of cloth to his shoulder.

“Ah good to see your up boss here let me get that for you.”

Says Umbra as he grabs ahold of the spear shaft and pulls it out of Red in the most littoral sense as he pulls it out his side as the wood turns to shadow and falls to the ground when he lets it go.

“Anyway thanks for watching my back guys but right now I need a place to lay low and you guys need to figure out who killed that guy because it was not me.”

“Even so Red right now I need to place you under arrest while we look into this.”

Says Asuna holding a teleportation crystal to the prison level.

Hey wait he did nothing wrong why does he have to go to the prison level.

“It’s ok Silica if you think about it that’s the safest place I can be right now no one there can use a weapon and I can handle anyone that tries picking a fight with me I will see you guy’s in a few hours and Umbra A no more stealing from the players B keep a eye on them and come get me when they find out the real culprit.”

With that Redsopine grabs the crystal and is teleported into a cell on the prison level.

Author's Note:

Yes people how’s when it starts diverging from the main plot for a bit since reds going to be inside the prison level for most of next chapter recovering while a old foe will be given a chance for redemption.