• Published 25th Nov 2019
  • 2,556 Views, 46 Comments

Scoot 10 - TheIronPone035



Scootaloo wanted to be like her idol, a hero, somepony that Ponyville could look up to if they needed help. With the help of a strange space watch, her wish comes true.

  • ...
1
 46
 2,556

(S1) Stinky Hero

Author's Note:

Alright, finally rewrote the ending for this chapter. Sorry for the massive wait.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders were on their way back to the clubhouse, fishing supplies packed up and strapped into a red wagon that'd been hooked up to Scootaloo's scooter. Usually the wagon was occupied by two fillies instead of supplies, but it was much faster doing this than having to do multiple trips to the lake. So Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle had wound up having to trot alongside the wagon whilst Scootaloo pulled it at a much slower pace than she'd been used to.

"Well that crusade didn't go as planned." Sweetie Belle stated bluntly, breaking the silence that had engulfed them ever since leaving the lake behind them.

"When did they start goin' as planned?" Apple Bloom questioned.

"Good point, but this one was more strange than the usual explosion or tree sap." Sweetie Belle pointed out.

"Yeah, I guess if you look at it that way. I'm still wondering where these robots are coming from, the lake isn't that far from Ponyville so why'd they attack us and not the town?" Scootaloo inquired.

Apple Bloom looked over at her friend, eyes locking onto the watch that was still glowing red. "Do ya think they were after tha watch?"

The three crusaders went silent as they thought about it. It did make sense, they did only start showing up when Scootaloo had first found it.

"If they are after it, that means they'll probably come back. What if they attack Ponyville again with another giant robot!?" Sweetie Belle questioned.

Scootaloo halted her scooter, much to the other two's confusion. She rose up her left forehoof, showing the watch which glistened in the sunlight.

"Then we help Rainbow Dash... and her friends protect it!" Scootaloo declared, putting the same forehoof in front of her in a hoof-bump motion.

Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle exchanged glances, before they nodded and met Scootaloo's forehoof in a group hoof-bump. As their hooves made contact, the watch beeped and turned green, almost like it had agreed with them.

"If we're gonna do this, then ya should figure out how ta work that watch." Apple Bloom stated.

"I couldn't agree more, so what are we waiting for!?" Scootaloo didn't let her friends have time to even process what she had just said before she activated the watch and slammed her hoof down on the dial, engulfing the area in a green flash of light.

Scootaloo watched as the watch seeped into her fur which quickly hardened and turned dark green. Her forehooves turned into three fingered claws that had black gloves over them. Four eye stalks shot from the sides of her head, the end tips opening up, exposing orange pupiless eyes. Her wings grew and became more insect-like, reminding her of the wings those creatures she had seen in that alleyway. Four more legs sprouted from her body, these ones sharp to the touch. Her tail hardened and took the shape of an arrow tip. Her body was quickly covered in an orange bodysuit with purple lines spread across it. The watch's symbol appeared where her face had originally been, glistening silver in the light.

The green flash of light faded, exposing Scootaloo's new form. Apple Bloom was about to comment but caught a whiff of something that smelled worse than a barrel full of rotting apples.

"Scootaloo, ahm not sure 'f it's tha creatures fault ya smell or yourse, but you smell bad!" Apple Bloom emphasized, covering her nose with a hoof.

"Hey! I'll let you know that I showered last night!" Scootaloo responded, her voice crackling.

"Well, besides the smell, what can this one do?" Sweetie Belle asked, mimicking Apple Bloom's response to the horrible odor.

Scootaloo looked down at one of her new hand, claw thingy, which she clenched into a fist. She eyed a nearby tree and made her way over to it. She struck the tree with one of her hands, managing to chip away some of the bark but not dealing too much damage to it overall.

"Not that sharp, but what about my tail?" Scootaloo asked herself, turning around so that her back was to the tree, but her new eyes allowed her to see it like she was facing it normally.

Scootaloo gave the tree a little jab with her tail, managing to do slightly more damage then her hands.

"Ok, not a close combat fighter." Scootaloo noted, wondering what else this creature could do.

Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle had gone over to the wagon and were searching for something to block the stench, and to their luck, they found a few nose plugs.

Not questioning why they had been there, the two fillies put on a nose plug each, relieved that the terrible smell faded a little. However, they didn't notice a certain grey pegasus with a blonde mane and tail pass overhead, a few planks of wood wobbling on their back.

The pegasus glanced down at the two fillies and smiled, before slamming head first into a stray cloud. The wooden planks they had been carrying quickly fell from their back, picking up speed as they shot towards the fillies below.

Unlike her friends, Scootaloo had spotted the pegasus, and now watched as several planks of wood fell towards them. As if on instinct, Scootaloo's vision was tinted green as a weird feeling shot through them. The next thing Scootaloo knew, she was watching as a glob of green goo was launched from her eyestocks and at the falling planks. The goo made contact, breaking their collision course with the other crusaders.

The grey pegasus quickly landed and went over to the fillies, their back towards Scootaloo. "Sorry! My bad! Are you two ok?"

Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle gave the pegasus a confused look, before glancing over at the planks of wood, then back to the pegasus. They quickly put two and two together and simply gave the pegasus a smile.

"Oh, don't ya worry. Accidents happen, just make sure ta keep yer cargo secure." Apple Bloom assured, recognising the pegasus as Derpy, who was known for accidentally dropping things and crashing into other things.

Derpy trotted over to the wooden planks and put them back on her back, before taking off into the skies again, ignoring the strange goo that was dripping from the planks. It wouldn't be the first time Derpy's cargo was covered in an unknown substance, especially during Pinkie Pie's prank week.

"Did you two see that!?" Scootaloo asked, amazed and slightly discussed with the action she had just done.

"See what? We were getting nose plugs." Sweetie Belle stated.

"Nevermind, just watch!" Scootaloo said, before mimicking what she had done before which launched another ball of goop which splattered against a nearby tree.

The two other crusaders stared at the tree for a few seconds, watching as the goop slowly began to drip off the trunk and onto the grass below.

"This 's officially tha grossest one yet." Apple Bloom exclaimed, disgust clearly visible both in her words and her expression.

"Come on Apple Bloom, we've seen worse." Scootaloo pointed out, flying over to her friends.

Apple Bloom's reply never left her mouth as both she and Sweetie Belle's eyes widened at what they'd just seen, much to Scootaloo's confusion.

"What?" Scootaloo asked, not sure why her friends were staring at her like that. Well, she was currently a strange alien creature, but surely they'd gotten used to this one by now.

"Scootaloo, you just flew!" Sweetie Belle pointed out.

Scootaloo would of raised an eyebrow if she had any, but slowly the gears in her mind began to turn. She gave her insect wings a flap and watched as she slowly hovered upwards a few hoof-lengths.

"No way... I can fly," Scootaloo told herself. "I CAN FINALLY FLY!!!"

Scootaloo wasted no time shooting up into the sky, nothing but joy in her mind as she increased her speed and weaved through a few stray clouds. After all this time of being a flightless pegasus, she could finally be like all the others! Well, to an extent, she wasn't exactly a pegasus right now.

"WAHOO!!!" Scootaloo cheered, happy regardless that she was finally able to fly.

She did a few stunts and rolls, mimicking what she'd seen Rainbow Dash do whenever she did her routine. She wasn't able to match her idols exact movements, or do it with as much grace, but she still managed to do some impressive maneuvering.

Scootaloo kept this up for as long as she could, wanting to embrace this new ability as much as possible. She did one final loop, before she eyed a few rather large clouds. An idea quickly formed in her mind and she flew over to them, using her claws and pincers to push the fluffy objects into certain shapes. Right as she finished it, she heard the beeping of the watch, signalling that she was about to return to normal.

Scootaloo flew back to the ground, landing in front of her friends right as she was engulfed in a red flash of light. Once the light faded, she was back to being a filly.

"Did you see that?" Scootaloo asked her friends, who nodded, smiles on their faces.

"Yep, an' i'd say that's some mighty fine artwork ya made up there." Apple Bloom stated, pointing at the clouds Scootaloo had tampered with.

The clouds that had originally been floating around in a little group were now in the shapes of three fillies whose forehooves were met in a group high three. The three crusaders stared at the clouds for a few minutes, before mimicking the high three with each other, Scootaloo more than happy to have finally been able to fly, even if she had to be a big smelly insect thing to do it.

Comments ( 17 )

So she’s finally opening up her the secret to Rainbow Dash.
Kind of disappointing, was hoping it would be a kept secret between the CMC until the final confrontation with Vilgax where the secret will be revealed.
Was also hoping for some character drama like Rainbow not trusting any of the aliens, not knowing it’s Scoots.
Oh well, still interested on what happens next.

Comment posted by TheIronPone035 deleted Dec 29th, 2019

Please keep going I want to see more and I hate when creators abandon their projects!

Alright everyone, I've returned with news about the story. With some nasty writers blocks and the idea from TheFVGuy, i've decided to do some tweaking to the end of the last chapter i've posted so far. Don't worry, the next chapter shouldn't take to long to be released with my new set on how the story should roll.

Thanks for sticking with me and this story!:derpytongue2:

10211629
Temporarily, during a whole slew of time travel nonsense.

10552420
Yep! They're gonna be feeling very bad in the morning. :raritywink:

It would’ve been great to see this story continue

10581521
Who says I've given up on it?

10581757
Oh sorry I kind of thought my bad 😅

10581761
Don't worry about it. I know I'm taking forever to update this as well as all my other stories. But I'm not giving up on any of them.

The chapters are still good now matter how many times I read them can't wait for the next chapter

Hope more chapters will be made I really love this story

More good

I think this would be better with the human version of Scootaloo.

Login or register to comment