• Published 18th Nov 2019
  • 13,687 Views, 838 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendships and Magic [Season 1] - Alpha Wolf 4500



The first season of a rewrite of this series that I love. With my first and favorite OC, and the OC of a friend.

  • ...
19
 838
 13,687

Suited For Success

It was a beautiful day in Ponyville and Rarity was in her boutique, preparing to make her dress for the Grand Galloping Gala, and she had finished the drawing phase, which she was showing off to her cat, Opalescence, who was trying to nap on pink cloth that was covering one of the dress mannequins.

"Oh, Opalescence," she sighed, magically holding up the drawing so that her pet could see. "Can't you just picture it? Moi, stepping out in a stunning new gown at the Grand Galloping Gala in Canterlot!" She then set the drawing aside and magically wrapped the cloth around herself while her cat was knocked to the floor.

Meowing in annoyance, Opalescence went to find a new place for her nap while Rarity pranced around her sewing around. "Why, yes! I did make it myself," she said, pretending that she was at the Gala. "Thank you so much for asking." She then magically set the cloth next to her sewing machine, unknowingly yanking it out from under her cat, who let out a low growl of annoyance.

Misinterpreting the growl, Rarity magically set her cat on a counter and gave her a pincushion to hold in her mouth. "Oh, Opal, of course you can help me. Thank you." She said as she went to work on designing her dress and noted that her pet was still growling. "What's that? You want to help me more? Oh, aren't you the sweetest thing?" She magically gave her cat more to hold so that the poor thing was balancing on one paw. "Careful now. Don't move. This shouldn't take long at all."

Opalescence let out a muffled growl and was wishing she was somewhere else.


My Little Pony,
My Big Changeling too
Ahh, ahh, ahh, ahhh…

[Bandit]
(My Little Pony)

We used to wonder what friendship could be
(My Big Changeling too)

[Twilight Sparkle]
Until you all shared its magic with me

[Rainbow Dash]
Big adventure

[Pinkie Pie]
Tons of fun

[Rarity]
A beautiful heart

[Applejack]
Faithful and strong

[Fluttershy]
Sharing kindness!

[Lightning Sprint]
Motivate the team

[Bandit]
Heroics makes it all complete
You have my little ponies
Do you know you're all my very best friends?


Sometime later, Rarity was hard at work on her dress when the door banged open and Applejack, Twilight Sparkle, Chad, and Bandit entered. Upon not seeing her, Bandit and Chad sniffed the air and followed her scent to the sewing room.

Bandit opened the door and saw her in there.

"Morning Rar-" He saw that she was working on something. "Ope, sorry Rarity. I'll come back later."

He started to head back out.

“She’s busy, Let's come back later." Bandit said from the other side of the door.

"What's she doing?" Applejack asked.

"Making a dress, come on. Let's let her concentrate." Bandit said. However, Rarity opened the door, unable to tune out her friends, and gave a polite question.

"Is there something I can help you with?"

"Oh, so very sorry to trouble you, Rarity." Twilight apologized, "but Bandit and I need a quick favor." She pulled an orange/red dress out of her saddlebag and set it on the nearest table to reveal that one of the buttons on the front was close to falling off. "Could you please fix the button for me?" she requested. "It's my dress for the Grand Galloping Gala."

Rarity shot a very shocked look at the dress, not approving of the style.

"Oh, no, no, no! You can't wear this… old thing," she protested. "You need a glamorous new outfit for the Gala and I'll make it for you. No problem at all. It will be my pleasure!"

"Oh, that's really sweet of you to offer, Rarity, but I can't let you do that. It would be so much work," Twilight politely declined. "This dress is fine."

Rarity fixed her friend with a stern look that was amplified by the glasses she was wearing. "Twilight Sparkle. I insist on making you a new dress."

"But…" Twilight Sparkle began.

"Not another word." said Rarity sharply. "I won't take no for an answer."

"Well, in that case… Thank you for your generosity, Rarity." she said politely. "Knowing your handiwork, I'm sure it will be absolutely beautiful."

Rarity turned her attention to Bandit.

"And you Bandit? Twilight mentioned you need a favor."

"Well, I was gonna ask if you could make a suit for Chad here. Since it's his first gala, my usual tailor doesn't have his size memorized. So would you be willing to do it?" Bandit asked her, holding Chad up, who blepped adorably.

"Awwwww." The others all cooed.

"I only have one request. No bowties." Chad said.

"No bowties? Why?" Spike asked, having appeared out of nowhere.

"I hate bow ties." Both brothers said. Then they double taked. "When did you get in here?"

"Just now. I heard you were all going to Rarity's and I had to come." Spike answered. The two ling brothers looked at each other before Rarity grabbed Chad.

"I'll see what I can do with this adorable little star." Rarity said, softly nuzzling him. Chad giggled as the nuzzling tickled him.

Applejack chuckled a little under her hoof.

"Let me guess, Applejack," she said sarcastically. "You don't want a new gown either."

"Gown?" Applejack repeated, mildly alarmed. "Shoot. I was just gonna wear my old work duds."

"You can't possibly be serious, Applejack! You absolutely must wear formal attire." Rarity said before nuzzling Chad again. Spike was glaring at Chad jealously.

Applejack thought about it for a moment and then made her decision. "Hm… Nah."

"What if I just spruce up your… duds for you a little bit?" Rarity offered, hoping that she could get Applejack to wear something that was up to fashion standards.


"Okay, sure." Applejack agreed. "Why not? Since you're up for it and all. Just don't make them too… frou-frou-y."

"Deal!" Rarity exclaimed happily. Chad's shell shook within the next few seconds and he grabbed Rarity and pulled her away from the ceiling.

“Look out below!” Rainbow Dash was heard shouting. She crashed through the ceiling and was about to hit the ground, but Bandit dove out and allowed her to land on his back.

“Thanks big guy.” She said.

“Incoming!” Lightning was heard saying, she landed on Rainbow Dash, softening her landing on Bandit, but knocking the wind out of Rainbow dash.

"Thanks for the save." Lightning said to Bandit with a smile.

“Thanks for the lack of air.” Rainbow Dash said to Lightning before bucking her off. Bandit did the same to Rainbow Dash.

“What brought the two of you here?” Bandit asked.

"New trick that went slightly wrong." Rainbow Dash answered.

"We didn't exactly plan to drop in." Lightning Sprint added.

“Boo.” Chad said, as the pun was in poor taste.

"Wow, tough crowd."

"Tough joke to laugh at." Chad remarked, hoofbumping Spike. Rainbow Dash, Applejack and Rarity all giggled as Bandit let out a chuckle. Then something clicked in Rarity’s mind.

"Hmm…Idea!" she exclaimed. "I'll make you two an outfit for the Gala too."

They both looked at each other. “Outfit for the what now?"

“The gala? You know, the place you and everyone else wanted to go to so badly that you harassed Twily for days?” Bandit reminded.

"I'll make one for you and you and all of you!" Rarity announced excitedly. "Oh! And of course Pinkie and Fluttershy too. Oh, and when I'm done, we can hold our very own fashion show!" As she said this, she began to magically gather up the fabric and tools she would need, setting them up on an empty counter.

"Ahem." Chad cleared his throat. A little reminder he wasn't a mare or filly.

"And I'll make you the best little suit ever" She said, squishing his cheeks.

"Could you make Spike one too?" Chad asked, not wanting Spike to feel left out.

"For me?" Spike asked. Rarity looked towards him.

Chad winked at Spike, wingmanning the situation.

“Uh...Yeah! You know, twins at the gala and all.” Spike said.

Rarity scampered over, smooshing Spike's cheeks too. "You'll be a matching set!" Spike practically melted at her touch.


After her friends left to get back to their normal activities and let both Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie know about the dressmaking, Rarity went to work on designing and making the six dresses, singing while Opalescence did her best to stay out of the way.

“Thread by thread, stitching it together
Twilight's dress, cutting out the pattern snip by snip
Making sure the fabric folds nicely
It's the perfect color and so hip
Always gotta keep in mind my pacing
Making sure the clothes' correctly facing
I'm stitching Twilight's dress

Yard by yard, fussing on the details
Jewel neckline, don't you know a stitch in time saves nine?
Make her something perfect to inspire
Even though she hates formal attire
Gotta mind those intimate details
Even though she's more concerned with sales
It's Applejack's new dress

Dressmaking's easy, for Pinkie Pie something pink
Fluttershy something breezy
Blend color and form,
[To Opalescence] Do you think it looks cheesy?

Something brash, perhaps quite fetching
Hook and eye, couldn't you just simply die?
Making sure it fits forelock and crest
Don't forget some magic in the dress
Even though it rides high on the flank
Rainbow won't look like a tank
I'm stitching Rainbow's dress

Piece by piece, snip by snip
Croup, dock, haunch, shoulders, hip
Thread by thread, primmed and pressed
Yard by yard, never stressed
And that's the art of the dress!

For Lightning something sleek
With a little hint of mystique.
Come the end of that special day
She'll blow everyone away.
I'm making Lightning's new dress.

Keeping the details fine
Making the most of my time
These darlings, sure to match
Whilst being quite the catch.
With a little flair to boot,
I'm making Chad and Spike's new suits" Rarity sang as she worked on the material.


One week later, Rarity invited her friends back into her shop and, after insisting that they needed to keep their eyes shut, leading them into her sewing room. "That's it. Keep them closed. Don't look!" she ordered.

Bandit had to keep Chad in a harness because he was so excited to see his suit.

"Are you ready?" Rarity asked.

"I'm ready! I am super duper ooper schmooper ready!" Chad exclaimed as he wiggled in his harness.

"Okay, you can look now!" Rarity said. The 10 of them took off their blindfolds and all of them gasped. "These are your new outfits." Rarity said proudly.

Chad's eyes dilated as he zipped over to his own suit, dragging his massive brother with him.

"Oh my goodness!!" He exclaimed. His suit, complete with a black jacket, a dark purple button up undershirt and a red and blue handkerchief for his jacket pocket, made him very happy.

"I love it so much! Can I try it on!? Can I!? Can I!?" He asked Bandit. Bandit looked at Rarity, who nodded in approval. Bandit unlocked the harness and the small, hyper nymph grabbed the suit and took off to the changing room.

"This is the first time I've seen Chad willing to put on something other than his hoodie." Bandit commented.

"What about the rest of you?" Rarity asked. Spike was taking his suit to the changing room. The others were still in shock.

"What do you think of your old duds now, Applejack? Pretty swanky, are they not?" She gestured to the dress that was green with an elegant brown saddle, small red apples on the end of the skirt, on the collar, and gold tassels with the front boots matching perfect, and a new cowboy hat with red apples on the brim.

"And Twilight! I made this dress for you and I designed each outfit theme to perfectly reflect each pony's unique personality." She beamed at the slightly dark blue dress that was adorn with silver, purple, and blue stars.

"Oh, it took me forever to get the colors right on this one, Rainbow Dash, but I did it. Oh, and it turned out beautiful, don't you think?" Rarity pointed to the amazing dress that was made out of rainbow fabric with puffy lace to resemble clouds, purple gems designed to look like a bunch of grapes on the front, a gold wreath on the head, and gold ballet slippers.

"And I know you are going to love yours, Fluttershy. It just sings spring!" The dress was a lovely shade of green with blue lining, blue blue butterflies, some flowers, and slippers shaped like vines.

"And Pinkie Pie, look! Pink! Your favorite!" And that dress certainly had a fun and beautiful candy theme with the pink, blue, candy pattern, and along with shoes, a hat as well.

"And Lightning Sprint, I know you're similar to Rainbow dash, but I decided to make yours very different, for a little…..pizzazz! Aren't they all amazing?" And the last dress, belonging to Lightning Sprint, an elegant purple dress, a yellow pendant that resembled her cutie mark, white accents, and golden ballet slippers to match with Rainbow dash.

"Wow! Rarity these are all-"

"Bandit!" Chad called. Bandit briefly ignored him.

"Rarity these are-"

"Bandiiiit!"

"Rari-"

"BANDIIIIIIIT!" Chad called loudly.

"What!?" Bandit asked back.

"It's lemon scented!" Chad exclaimed. Bandit rolled his eyes but smiled.

"He loves it in other words." Bandit told her. Rarity giggled as Chad and Spike came out of the dressing rooms, wearing the suits.

"My my little darlings, you two look absolutely dapper." Rarity complimented. Chad bowed and looked at the others.

"So what do the rest of you think?" Bandit asked them.

"Wow… They're…" Twilight Sparkle stammered, unsure of what to say.

"Whoa! Purple?! I never would have thought of that!" Lightning Sprint exclaimed, looking at her dress.

"They sure are… somethin'," said Applejack uncertain.

Twilight Sparkle nodded. "Yes! Something." Spike elbowed her.

"I love something!" Pinkie Pie said quickly. Chad elbowed her.

"Its something alright." Rainbow dash said, Bandit elbowed her, almost knocking her into a mannequin.

"It's… nice," Fluttershy said finally.

"But what's the matter?" Rarity asked, exchanging a confused look with Bandit "Don't you like them?"

"They're very nice…" said Twilight Sparkle slowly.

Applejack nodded. "And we're plumb grateful 'cause you worked so hard on them."

"Mine's just not as cool as I-" Bandit elbowed Rainbow dash again, making her strain. "I mean… it's awesome Rarity. Just what I imagined."

"Rarity, the dresses and suits are amazing. It almost makes me consider getting a suit from you." Bandit said. Rarity was about to roll out a suit made just for him. "But I already paid full price for the one made by Tailor Coat." Bandit said, revealing his normal tailor, was the number one fashion designer in the eyes of Hoity Toity and Photo Finish. Rarity gasped as she put her suit back.

"T-Tailor Coat? The Tailor Coat?!" Rarity exclaimed.

"You heard of him?" Bandit asked.

"Heard of him!? He's the number one fashion designer! Hoity Toity and Photo Finish said so themselves!" Rarity said as she trotted in place. Squealing with excitement.

"Oh, yeah that." Bandit said as he brushed off the fact that his normal tailor was practically a celebrity in the fashion world.

"What's he like in the flesh?" Rarity asked. “Is he sophisticated? What does he draw inspiration from? Is he Creative?!” She squealed. “I have to know!”

"If you must know fanfilly, he literally draws inspiration from anything. If you send him a picture and say, 'make something based off that', he will surprise you. Other than that, he's laid back. He doesn’t even talk about his accomplishment like it’s a big deal. He’s usually just like, ‘Oh, almost forgot, Toity and Finish made me number one fashion designer.’." Bandit described before hearing scribbling. "Are you writing this down?"

"I need to know this as to how I can develop as a designer."

"Rarity, you don't have to carbon copy his per-"

"This'll help me to become revolutionary!" Then she tapped her chin. “Literally draws inspiration from anything huh?”

“Oh no, what have I done?” Bandit muttered to himself.

“You know what, I want you to be 110% satisfied. Not to worry, I'll redo them." Rarity told them.

“Oh nonono, my dress is perfect.” Lightning Sprint spoke up.

"Oh, Rarity," said Fluttershy. "You don't have to do that. They're fine."

“You shouldn’t do that.” Bandit advised.

"You see. They're lovely but they're not exactly what we had in mind." Twilight said.

"Guys, what do you mean, they're-" Lightning Sprint tried to agree with Bandit.

"Had in mind? Twilight never thought abou-" Bandit tried to say but Rarity shushed him.

"It's okay Bandit. It's clear that my friends had some alterations they wanted to make. After all, you said it yourself, the greatest fashion designers can be sent a picture saying, ‘make something based off that’ and surprise you." Rarity said.

“No I did not-” Bandit tried to clear up.

"Oh, it's no imposition." Rarity said reassuringly. "Really, I insist."

"Well, in that case… Thank you again, Rarity," said Twilight Sparkle and she left with Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie. Chad, Spike, Lightning and Bandit all looked at each other. Then Lightning spoke to Rarity.

“Please don’t change my dress.” Lightning Sprint said.

“It will remain untouched darling.” Rarity said. Spike and Chad raised a claw and hoof. “As will the suits.” They lowered their appendages.


The next day, Rarity, whose normally perfect mane was looking a bit ragged, was at her sewing machine, working on making adjustments to one of the dresses when there was a knock on the door and Fluttershy came in.

"Hello? You wanted to see me, Rarity?" the yellow pegasus asked.

"Fluttershy! Your new-new gown's ready," said Rarity, hurrying over and put the adjusted dress onto her friend. "I completely revised it and I know you're going to love it. What do you think?" she asked hopefully.

Fluttershy looked at her reflection in the mirror, noting that her friend had gone back and changed the hairpiece from a blue butterfly to a blue flower, and the flowers along the hem were now circles. "I… love it," she said finally.

"Oh, you're just saying that," said Rarity, happy that her friend approved.

"No, no. I do," Fluttershy insisted. "It's… nice."

""Nice"?" Rarity repeated, frowning with mild confusion of how they went from love it to nice.

Fluttershy nodded. "Nice."

"If you don't like it, you should just tell me," Rarity pointed out, wondering what was wrong with the dress this time.

Fluttershy shook her head, not wanting to anger her friend. "Oh, but I do like it."

"Like it or love it?" Rarity questioned.

"Um… both?" Fluttershy guessed.

Rarity silently counted to ten. "Which is it?" she asked, trying to remain calm.

"Please stop asking me this, I…" Fluttershy began.

"Well, just tell me what you really think," Rarity requested.

Fluttershy shook her head. "No, that's okay…"

"Tell me," Rarity requested again.

"No… it's fine…" the yellow pegasus stammered.

"Tell me!" Rarity shouted, her temper getting the better of her.

Fluttershy cringed. "I… like it…"

"Tell me, tell me, tell-me-tell-me-tell-me!" Rarity shouted, stomping her hooves.

"All right!" Fluttershy shouted, surprising them both. "Since you really wanna know…" She inhaled and began speaking. "The armscye's tight, the middy collar doesn't go with the shawl lapel, the hems are clearly machine-stitched, the pleats are uneven, the fabric looks like toile, you used a backstitch here when it clearly called for a topstitch or maybe a traditional blanket stitch, and the overdesign is reminiscent of prêt-à-porter and not true French haute couture." She paused when she saw her friend's stunned expression. Rarity stared after her, shocked that she knew so much about sewing and fashion, and that she'd said more in the past minute then she had all the years they'd been friends. "But, uh… you know… um, whatever you want to do is fine.”


Over the next week, Rarity worked with each of her friends, all except for Lightning Sprint, who was truly happy with her gown and didn't want any changes to it, which was one of the bigger surprises to her considering her similarities with Rainbow Dash. Now she was trying to include everything that they wanted in their outfits.

Right now, Rarity was listening to Twilight Sparkle, who was telling her what kind of stars she wanted on her dress, and was trying to get them right.

"Now, the stars on my belt need to be technically accurate." said Twilight Sparkle, supplying her friend with all kinds of books, diagrams, and photos of various stars. "Orion has three stars on his belt, not four."

“Stitch by stitch, stitching it together
Deadline looms, don't you know the client's always right?
Even if my fabric choice was perfect
Gotta get them all done by tonight.” Rarity sang.

Later, Pinkie Pie was visiting with suggestions for her own dress and was choosing fabric colors that weren't meant to go together, and all Rarity could do was make suggestions.

“Pinkie Pie, that color's too obtrusive
Wait until you see it in the light
I'm sewing them together!”


"Don't you think my gown would be more "me" with some lollipops?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"Well, I think…" Rarity began.

"Balloons?"

"Well…"

"Do it!"

“Hour by hour, one more change
I'm sewing them together, take great pains
Fluttershy, you're putting me in a bind
Rainbow Dash, what is on your mind?
Oh my gosh, there's simply not much time
Don't forget, Applejack's duds must shine
Dressmaking's easy, every customer's call
Brings a whole new revision
Have to pick up the pace, still hold to my vision.”

“That constellation is Canis Major, not Minor.” Twilight said to Rarity. She had pretty much all the time in the world since Bandit was covering the library duties.

Two birds flew over to Rarity with a drawing. "French haute couture, please." Fluttershy said to Rarity. Rarity pulled out some fabric, groaning in the process.

“What if it rains? Galoshes!” Rarity looked as if she was about to lose it from the stress.

"More balloons" Pinkie suggested. "Oh no, that's too many balloons. More candy! Oh, less candy. Oh wait, I know. Streamers!"

"Streamers?" Rarity repeated, alarmed.

Pinkie Pie fixed her with a look. "Whose dress is this?"

Rarity faked a smile. "Streamers it is."


Last up was Rainbow Dash, who hadn’t said a word as she watched her dress being made.

"Aren't you going to tell me to change something too?" she asked, looking frazzled.

Rainbow Dash shook her head. "No, I just want my dress to be cool."

"Do you not like the color?" Rarity asked desperately.

"The color's fine," said the blue pegasus, "just make it look cooler."

"Do you not like the shape?"

"The shape's fine, just make the whole thing… you know, cooler," Rainbow Dash said. "It needs to be about 20% cooler."


[Pinkie Pie]
All we ever want is indecision

[Rainbow Dash]
All we really like is what we know

[Twilight Sparkle]
Gotta balance style with adherence

[Fluttershy]
Making sure we make a good appearance

[Applejack]
Even if you simply have to fudge it

[Everyone bar Rarity and Bandit and Lighting Sprint]
Make sure that it stays within our budget

[Rarity]
Got to overcome intimidation
Remember, it's all in the presentation!
Piece by piece, snip by snip
Croup, dock, haunch, shoulders, hip
Bolt by bolt, primmed and pressed
Yard by yard, always stressed
And that's the art of the dress!


Bandit was being led to the dress room, having been blindfolded.

“Rarity, it smells like shame and agony in here, what happened?” Bandit said before the blindfold came off.

“Well, tell me what you think?” Rarity said as she smiled very nervously.

“Do you want me to give my honest opinion?” Bandit asked.

“Please.” Rarity answered.

“These are the ugliest dresses I’ve ever seen in my life.” Bandit said.

Rarity sighed in relief "Thank Celestia someone else thinks that!"

“The saying goes, the customer is always right in matters of taste. Now I see even that saying holds no truth. Rarity, these are the dresses being worn at the fashion show?” Bandit asked. Rarity nodded. “They can not wear these. They wear these, they'll be a laughing stock to put it lightly.”

That was what did it, Rarity’s lip quivered and she began to bawl her eyes out. “I’m gonna be ruined!” Bandit walked over and gave her a hug.


"Okay." said Rarity once their friends were gathered. Bandit, Klaw and Fang were there for Rarity’s moral support. "I did exactly what each of you asked for. Now don't hold back. Let me know what you really think." She revealed the five dresses that were so covered with so much stuff that they didn't even look like dresses at, and Opalescence was growling and hissing at them, being held back by Fang, coiled around her upper body so she wouldn’t move, while simultaneously not hurting her. Lightning Sprint was covering her mouth so not to accidentally laugh.

Twilight Sparkle, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and Pinkie Pie were all excited and gushing over them. "Oh my! It's… perfect! It's cool! Why, they're the best duds I ever did see. It's exactly what I asked for!"

"Thank you, Rarity." Twilight said, graciously.

"Are you as happy with them as we are? Huh? Huh? Huh?" Pinkie asked eagerly.

"Well, I'm… happy that all of you are happy," Rarity answered without admitting that she wasn't happy in the slightest. "I'm just relieved to finally be done."

“Rarity. I think you should tell them the-”

Just then, Spike came running in, out of breath and very excited. "You are never gonna believe this! You've heard of Hoity Toity?" he asked.

"He was previously mentioned by Rarity, why?" Twilight asked.

Spike nodded. “He heard about your fashion show." he informed Rarity. "Well, maybe I happened to mention it to him… He's coming here all the way from Canterlot to see your work, Rarity!"

"Whoa, Nelly!" Applejack exclaimed. "You could sell a ton o' dresses to this guy. Your business will be boomin'!" And Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy all agreed, excited for their upcoming fashion show.

Rarity, however, was alarmed. "Hoity Toity?" she repeated. "He's coming here? To see these dresses?"

"Yep! Tailor Coat is coming too!" Spike confirmed. "Get ready for all of your dreams to come true."

Chad walked over to Spike and slapped him in the back of the head.

“Ow! What was that for?” Spike asked. Chad pointed to the dresses and Rarity. “Uh oh.”

“It’s not a dream come true, that’s a nightmare!” Chad whispered to him.


Two nights later, all of Ponyville was out to see the fashion show and Rarity was peering out of the curtain to see whether all of the ponies were seated, and she then she saw Hoity Toity, who was a male pony with bluish gray skin, bluish gray mane and tail with light gray stripes, light blue eyes hidden behind purple sunglasses, and his cutie mark was that of a golden fan. Behind him was Tailor Coat, who was a red unicorn with his right eye purple and his left eye blue, with a black bowler hat, a purple and royal blue mane, a green and dark green scarf and white coat marking socks at his hooves.

"Oh." Rarity gasped as he seated himself on a red velvet pillow at the end of the runway. "There they are!" She took several deep breaths. "Okay. Relax, Rarity. Your friends like their outfits and so will he." She suddenly squealed when the lights went down. "What's wrong with the lights?! Oh, yes. That means the show's starting. Good."

Tailor Coat was yanked into the crowd.

“What the-” He was about to exclaim before seeing who yanked him. “Bandit? What is the meaning of-”

“You have to warn Hoity Toity that this show is going to be a complete disaster.” Bandit told him.

“How big of a disaster are we talking about here?” Tailor asked.

"Cosplayers at ComicCon with a 5 bit budget but a 75 bit costume idea disaster." Bandit said. Tailor’s eyes went wide before he looked at the stage.

DJ Pon-3, a white unicorn with dark blue hair stripped with light blue, purple-red eyes hidden behind dark purple glasses, a music symbol for a cutie mark, and headphones, and who was the resident DJ for Ponyville, started the music.

"Since the beginning of time, the elite of Equestria have longed for pony fashions that truly expressed the essence of their very souls." Said a stallion, who was definitely getting paid by the hour, into a microphone as the light show began. "Patiently waiting decades – no, centuries – for the perfect pony gown. Today, at long last, Equestria, your wait is over! Let's hear it for the breathtaking designs of Ponyville's own Rarity!"

The curtains opened and out came Twilight Sparkle, whose dress was shades of dark purple and covered with tons of stars.

“We have to stop the show.” Tailor said.

“Any ideas on how to do that without humiliating Rarity?” Bandit asked. Tailor looked around before seeing the fuse box.

“Hmm…. Did Rarity make you a suit by chance?” Tailor asked.

“She did, why?”

The next one out was Applejack, whose dress was covered with all kinds of farming gear and was wearing galoshes. Followed by Fluttershy, whose dress had tons of feathers and she had a nest on her head, Rainbow Dash, whose outfit made her think of a fancy soldier, and Pinkie Pie, who looked like a walking candy shop.

Lightning Sprint tapped the announcer Stallion from earlier and gave him some new cards to read off of.

"Why's everypony lookin' at us like that?" Applejack whispered uncomfortably.

Twilight Sparkle glanced up at her star-covered headband and the realization clicked. "Oh dear."

"You think we overdid it?" Rainbow Dash whispered, worried.

"Nah." said Applejack and then looked down at her bright yellow galoshes. "Okay, maybe a little."

At that moment, the lights went out and the power went off on the stage, and as the audience gasped in disbelief, each of the five ponies on stage were yanked off one by one. Yelping each time. Chad gave DJ pon-3 another record to play, both nodded and Chad zipped off.

“Now, that was simply act one of the fashion show. A piece titled, ‘Even in Taste, the customer can be wrong’.” The stallion read, getting giggles from the crowd. “Now comes Act Two, titled, ‘Fashion with grateful Passion’.”

The lights came back on and Chad was on the stage.

The crowd all looked towards him.

"Who is this?" Hoity Toity asked, intrigued. Chad walked towards the edge of the catwalk, showing off the suit with various striking poses.

"Look at him go!"

Chad finished and began to walk off the stage. Hoity began to clap his hooves. Next out was Spike. Who’s suit matched Chad, but he had a handkerchief that was decorated with green gems sewn on for a special shine.

Spike began strutting down the runway, mostly because he thought Rarity was watching. Everyone who was looking at the show was cheering happily. He struck a pose before walking back and then offstage.

There was a pause before Lightning Sprint stepped onto the stage. She was wearing the elegant purple dress, with white accents, that complemented her figure, and the pendant around her neck. Her mane had been styled to look longer and silkier.

She too, struck a pose and then walked off the stage. Last up was Bandit. The suit Rarity made for him was a dark red jacket with golden outlines, with a black button up undershirt. His Bandana still around his neck, but turned the opposite direction.

"Bandit?" Hoity asked "You look astonishing!"

"You know him?!" A random pony asked.

“Of course!” Hoity said before clapping his hooves.

After the show, the four of them were back in stage to bow in front of the audience, who showered them with applause.

"Magnificent! Magnificent!" Tailor coat was cheering

"Simply wondrous!" Hoity Toity added. “Who is responsible for these amazing works of art?”

Spike turned back stage.

“Come on out and take a bow, Rarity.” Spike said, before seeing that Rarity wasn’t there. “Rarity?”

Bandit looked as well. Klaw and Fang gestured to the boutique.

“Oh boy.” He muttered.


Later on, Bandit had led the others back to the boutique and knocked on the door.

“Rarity? Come on. Please come out.” Bandit said.

"I'm never coming out!" Rarity wailed. "I can't show my face in Ponyville ever again! I used to be somepony. I used to be respected. I made dresses. Beautiful, beautiful dresses! But now everypony is laughing at me. I'm nothing but a laughing stock!" She then broke down, sobbing.

"You're not a laughing stock, Rarity." Twilight Sparkle said reassuringly.

“She kind of is.” Rainbow dash said, Chad bit her in the hind leg making her jump in pain as he walked to the door.

“Rarity, we fixed the show. Hoity Toity loved it.” Chad said.

“Lying to me isn’t gonna make me feel better.” Rarity said.

“But-”

"Leave me alone!" Rarity shouted, still sobbing. "I vant to be alone! I want to wallow in… whatever it is that ponies are supposed to wallow in! Do ponies wallow in pity? Oh, listen to me, I don't even know what I'm supposed to wallow in! I'm so pathetic!"

Bandit turned to the others.

“Great, now what are we gonna do?” Bandit asked.

"Uh… panic?" Fluttershy suggested.

“Let me rephrase that. Now what are we gonna do that’s useful and helps the situation?” Lightning Sprint asked.

“We can’t just leave Rarity like this.” Applejack spoke up.

"She'll become a crazy cat lady!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed, alarmed.

Twilight gave Pinkie a skeptical look. "She only has one cat."

"Give her time.” Chad warned.

Twilight peeked through the keyhole and caught a glimpse of a group of mannequins, rolls of fabric, and then the unfinished dress with the design attached on the wall. She gasped and grabbed Bandit, making him look through the keyhole. He pulled back and looked at Twilight.

“Are you thinking what I’m thinking?” Twilight asked him.

“Probably.” Bandit said as he pulled back and turned to their friends.


Several hours later, after the sun was raised, Rarity was standing in front of her mirror, wearing a pink robe and slippers on her front hooves, and she was staring at her reflection, noting the ragged state of her mane and tail, the look she had the night prior.

"Exile… I guess technically I'd have to move away to live in exile," she muttered. "Where would I go? And what would I pack? Oh, it's going to take me forever to do all of that packing. What are you supposed to pack when you go to exile? Are you supposed to pack warm?"

She was pulled from her thoughts when she heard Opalescence meowing pathetically outside. "Huh? Opal?" She ran to the window and slid it open, looking around to discover, much to her alarm, that her cat was clinging to a branch high in the nearby tree. "Opal, how did you get up there? Hang on, you poor dear! Mama's coming!"


Moments later, Rarity ran outside to rescue her cat and skidded to a halt when she saw Lightning Sprint sitting on the branch next to her terrified cat. "Lightning Sprint?! How dare you strand my poor Opal in a tree?" she demanded angrily.

“Well, one. Rainbow Dash did it. I’m just making sure she doesn’t fall. And two, this was to get you out here to show you, this.” Lightning Sprint said, pointing to her left.

Rarity turned to look and her jaw dropped when she saw Twilight, Bandit, Applejack, Pinkie, and Fluttershy standing on either side of the mannequin that was wearing a completed version of her dress for the Grand Galloping Gala.

"What is it? It's not… You…" She trailed off, unable to find the words to express what she was thinking, so she only ended with a gasp.

“We finished your dress for you.” Pinkie said proudly.

"Thanks to Fluttershy's freaky knowledge of sewing." Applejack said.

“And Chad’s nose to sniff out the right material.” Pinkie added. Chad waved from Bandit’s back as Fluttershy blushed from the praise.

Rarity walked around the dress, which was a lovely combination of pale pink, dark pink, accented with maroon, gold, and inlaid with pink, maroon, and yellow gems with matching jewelry and tiara, and she examined it from every angle before she said anything. "Like it? Like it?!" she repeated, turning to face them.

"Uh-oh," said the yellow pegasus. "She doesn't like it."

"No, I don't like it," said Rarity and her friends expressed their disappointment, except Bandit.

“Give it a moment.” He said.

"I love it!" Rarity announced proudly.

"Yay!" Her friends cheered.

"You all did an amazing job." Rarity complimented. "It's exactly the way I imagined it."

"We just followed your brilliant design." Chad told her, smiling.

"Like we should have let you do for our outfits," Twilight confessed. "Those first dresses you designed were perfect. Bandit, Lightning, Chad, and Spike all knew it, but we couldn't see it."

Pinkie nodded. "We're so super sorry." She apologized. Lightning Sprint flew down.

“They should have been a little more grateful for the dresses you made, instead of trying to look a gift horse in the mouth.” Lightning Sprint said as she gave Opal to Rarity. “I don’t think it’s hard for them to see that now.”

“Well, I forgive them.” Rarity said as she turned to the others.

Applejack beamed. "Well, that's mighty big of you."

"But my whole career is still ruined!" Rarity wailed dramatically.

Applejack shot a remorseful look. "Oh, right. That."

Bandit and Chad looked at each other before giving off a high pitched, “Weeeeeeeeell.”

The mares turned to look at the brothers before seeing Tailor Coat and Hoity Toity approach.

“Well well, we haven’t got all day.” Hoity said as he walked to the boutique.


A short time later, Hoity Toity was seated before the small stage, Opalescence played with his mane before Klaw grabbed her by the scruff and moved away.

"Act three." Hoity said.

As the music started to play, the curtains opened to reveal Rarity, who used her magic to create different scenes for each dress, and Twilight Sparkle came out first, this time wearing the dress that Rarity had made her her.

"Hello…" said Hoity Toity, taking off his sunglasses for a closer look, and he was amazed by the beauty of the dress. "Oh is this really the same designer?" He watched as the scene shifted from stars to hills filled with apple trees and Applejack came out and posed, wearing her new updated duds.

"Simply magnificent!" he exclaimed. "And I suddenly have a fierce craving for some Dutch apple pie, candied apples on a stick, apple turnovers, apple cobbler…" He trailed off before the scene shifted to one of candy falling from the sky and Pinkie Pie came out wearing her dress.

"Brilliant!" he cheered and then duck when thunder pearled out with the scene shifting to colorful beams of light cutting through storm clouds and Rainbow Dash appeared in her dress.

"Oh, spectacular!" He was floored as the scene shifted to an outdoor setting with butterflies flying around and Fluttershy posed for him in her dress. "Now this is a fashion show!" he praised.

"All of these dresses are absolutely amazing. Who is responsible? Step forward, show yourself!" he asked, looking around eagerly as the scene shifted back to the stage, where Rarity appeared in her new dress, and her friends stood behind her in their gowns. "Brava! Brava!" he called out, clapping his hooves together. "Magnifico! Encore!"

“Absolutely amazing. Bandit has good taste in designers.” Tailor nudged. Hoity looked at him.

“From you that’s high praise.”

"Oh, thank you," said Rarity graciously, to both the celebrity designers in front of her and her friends. "Thank you! Oh, thank you so much!"


A few moments later, Tailor gave Bandit his suit who began to walk back to the library to put away as Chad wrote down what Twilight was saying.

"Dear Princess Celestia, This week, my very talented friend Rarity learned that if you try to please everypony, you often times end up pleasing nopony, especially yourself. And I learned this: when somepony offers to do you a favor, like making you a beautiful dress, you shouldn't be overly critical of something generously given to you. In other words, you shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth." Twilight narrated. Chad sent the message off with his horn.

Hoity Toity approached Rarity and shared his thoughts with her. "Rarity, my congratulations to you on a most impressive fashion debut," he told her. "Would you do me the great honor of allowing me to feature your couture in my Best of the Best Boutique in Canterlot?" he asked and when she gasped with a delight smile, he took that as a yes, and made his request. "Now, I'll need you to make a dozen of each dress for me by next Tuesday."

Rarity laughed nervously.

“Don’t worry, I’ll lend a hoof.” Tailor Coat told her, she almost started to squeal.

Author's Note:

Well, I've got nothing to say about this episode other than I hoped you all loved it. This episode gave me a lot of laughs, and I hope I did what I could to replicate that humor. I hope you all Like, favorite, point out any mistakes you found so I can fix them, and (please) comment.

By the way, the next episode, I hope you were all paying attention to the previous chapters, because more continuity begins in that one.

Until next time. See ya.