• Published 18th Nov 2019
  • 13,795 Views, 844 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendships and Magic [Season 1] - Alpha Wolf 4500



The first season of a rewrite of this series that I love. With my first and favorite OC, and the OC of a friend.

  • ...
19
 844
 13,795

Look Before You Sleep

It started out bright and sunny this morning, but the pegasi ponies were covering the sky with dark clouds. The pegasi weather ponies forgot to make a light drizzle of rain last week so they’re making up for it today. Applejack and Rarity were among some of the ponies that were cleaning the dead branches. Applejack groaned in frustration as she cleared the branches away, using her lasso to do so.

Rarity on the other hand was mending them back on the trees. Not only that, she used her magic to form the leaves into art forms of ponies.

“Perfect.” Rarity said, admiring her work. Then a lasso tore it down. Applejack's lasso. Rarity turned to look at her as she spat the lasso out of her mouth.

"Just take the broken limbs down, Rarity. Don't y'all care about nothin' other than prettifyin'?" Applejack asked.

“Somepony has to. You are making an absolute mess of the town square, Applejack.” Rarity argued as she looked at all the fallen branches on the ground.

"Yeah, well, the storm's gonna make an even bigger mess if we don't prune all these loose branches so they don't tumble down on anypony." Applejack informed her.

“I simply cannot image why the Pegasus ponies would schedule a dreadful downpour this evening and ruin what could have been a glorious sunny day.” Rarity said.

"Think more practical-like, will ya? They accidentally skipped a scheduled sprinkle last week, so we need a doozy of a downpour to make up for it, is all." Applejack sighed. At that moment, it was beginning to rain.

“Oh no! My wonderful styled mane shall be ruined!” Rarity cried out.

"Ya shoulda hurried up and finished the job already." Applejack told her.

“Oh! Ah! Oh! It’s coming down too fast! Aah! Oh! Oh! Aah! Help me!” Rarity said as she began running around to avoid the rain droplets. Applejack looked around for shelter. She spotted a table nearby.

"Uh, there. Hunker down to yer heart's content whilst I finish things." Applejack pointed.

Rarity galloped to the table, but stopped after she saw how muddy it was underneath the table. “Oh, no, no, no!” She cried.

"What now?" Applejack asked, very annoyed.

“I’d prefer not to get my hooves muddy.” Rarity told her, gesturing to the wet mud underneath the table. Bandit placed an umbrella saddle on her back. Bandit had a wagon with dead branches inside attached to him.

Applejack sighed. “There is just no pleasin’ you, is there? Everything got to be just so.” She said.

“Oh, well, and how does muddying my hooves serve any useful purpose?” Rarity argued.

“Y’all wouldn’t know useful if it came up and bit you.” Applejack argued back.

“That doesn’t even make any sense.” Rarity continued. Bandit rolled his eyes at them arguing.

"Does so.”

"Does not.”

"Does so.”

"Does not.”

"Does so.”

"Does not.”

"Excuse me ladies." Bandit tried to interrupt. The girls continued to argue.

“Does so Infinity. Ha!” Applejack continued.

“Does not infinity plus one. Ha!” Rarity countered.

Rarity said before she and Applejack glared back at each other. “What say we go our separate ways before one of us says something she will regret?” Rarity suggested.

“I reckon y’all are gonna say something you’ll regret first.” Applejack told her.

“On the contrary, I believe it shall most certainly be you who says something you will regret first.”

“I’m not sayin’ anything!” Applejack argued.

“Nor am I!” Rarity said.

"You're both still talking." Bandit pointed out unamused.

“Y’all just be on your way, then.” Applejack continued

“After you!” Rarity continued.

"LADIES!!" Bandit exclaimed, using his royal Canterlot voice. Both Rarity and Applejack snapped over to him, he had their attention now.

"I know you two have your differences, but arguing isn’t helping any-" Bandit looked up and gasped. "LOOK OUT!"

He pulled them towards him and a Lightning bolt struck down in the spots they were standing. This scared Rarity and Applejack into hugging each other.

"Okay, new plan, you two come with me." Bandit said as he started to walk to the library, upon seeing them still frozen in their spots, Bandit picked them up with his magic and began moving.


My Little Pony,
My Big Changeling too
Ahh, ahh, ahh, ahhh…

[Bandit]
(My Little Pony)

We used to wonder what friendship could be
(My Big Changeling too)

[Twilight Sparkle]
Until you all shared its magic with me

[Rainbow Dash]
Big adventure

[Pinkie Pie]
Tons of fun

[Rarity]
A beautiful heart

[Applejack]
Faithful and strong

[Fluttershy]
Sharing kindness!

[Lightning Sprint]
Motivate the team

[Bandit]
Heroics makes it all complete
You have my little ponies
Do you know you're all my very best friends?


Bandit got to the library and opened it.

"Alright, everybody inside." Bandit said. Rarity and Applejack ran inside. Chad tried to run out, only to get grabbed by Bandit.

"No mud puddles during a storm." Bandit told him.

"Aww." Chad said with an ear flop.

"You can play in the mud after." Bandit told him, making his ears perk again. Bandit got inside and closed the door. Applejack looked up within the tree.

“Whoa, nelly. Is inside a tree really the best place to be in a lightning storm?” Applejack asked.

“It is if you have a magical lightning rod protecting your home like I do.” Twilight answered.

"Asgardian Electric Absorption Spell. I used that on the rod when we moved here." Bandit said with a smile.

"You think of everything don't you?" Rarity asked with a smirk.

"I do my best." Bandit responded.

Rarity sighed in gratitude. “We are most grateful for your invitation.” Rarity said as she bowed a little.

“Thank you kindly for the hospitality.” Applejack said as she walked towards Twilight.

Rarity raised her hoof in front of Applejack and pointed at her muddy hooves. “Uh, do be a polite houseguest and go wash up, please, won’t you.” She told Applejack.

Applejack groaned. “If I got to spend one more second with that fussbudget Rarity today, I can’t be held responsible for what I’m gonna do.”

Bandit twitched his ears and looked at Applejack.

"Come on AJ, I'll help you." Bandit said as he walked out the door.

"Some storm, huh? The Pegasus ponies sure have outdone themselves this time. I hope you and Applejack don't have any trouble getting home." Twilight said as she looked out a window.

"It may indeed be a problem." She said as she shifted her eyes a little.

"Well, you're welcome to stay if need be. Spike is away in Canterlot on royal business. Bandit was gone too, for like 4 hours but like always, he finished early so he could come home." Twilight said before gasping. "You and Applejack should totally sleep over! We'll have a slumber party! I've always wanted one of those."

"Doesn't Bandit live here?" Rarity asked.

"He doesn't count. He's practically my roommate. So we're sleeping in the same household all the time. But I've always wanted to be at, or host a slumber party."

Rarity looked like she didn't want that to happen.

"Oh! Uh, goodness. Uh, I do believe I have another engagement scheduled for this evening that completely slipped my mind until just now." She tried to cover up with a nervous laugh. "Ah, silly me, I can't possibly stay here all night -- with Applejack." Rarity said. Twilight walked over to a bookshelf and used her magic to pull down one of the books. She levitated it over to Rarity, who began to read it. "Slumber 101: All You've Ever Wanted to Know About Slumber Parties But Were Afraid to Ask."

"My own personal copy. It's a fantastic reference guide. You should see the table of contents. I've been waiting for a chance to use it, and today is the day! This is gonna be so great!" Twilight said as she reared happily. Rarity looked out the window and saw Bandit hosing the mud off Applejack.


Bandit and Applejack walked back into the library.

“What in tarnation?!” Applejack said in surprise. They saw Rarity and Twilight giving each other mud masks for some reason. “Now wait just a gol-darn minute! You make me wash the mud off my hooves, but it’s okay for y’all to have mud all over your faces?” She asked.

"Applejack, that's a mud mask." Bandit corrected.

"It's to refresh and rejuvenate your complexion." Rarity added as she added more mud to Twilight's face.

“We’re giving each other makeovers!” Twilight added excitedly. “We have to do it. It says so in the book.” She said as she levitated the book to them. Bandit read the title and gave an unamused look.

Applejack began reading it. “Slumber 101: Everything you…” She stopped when she realized what the book was about. Huh? I didn’t think Twilight would want a slumber party. “Oh, hey would you look at the time? I gotta skedaddle on home quick. I’m powerful late for,…for something. Uh, good night.” Applejack said as she headed toward the front door.

Bandit pulled her back at the very second lightning struck. Applejack jumped, hugging Bandit's neck.

“Or maybe I’ll sit here for a spell.” Applejack said.

“Hooray, slumber party!” Twilight exclaimed excitedly while clapping her hooves.

Rarity threw mud on Applejack’s face and began rubbing it in. She was about to do Bandit, but he kept backing away. She gave up and went back to Applejack. She finished by placing a pair of sliced cucumber over Applejack’s eyes. “What in the world is this for?” Applejack asked.

Rarity sighed. “To reduce the puffiness around one’s eyes, of course.” Rarity told her.

“Puffiness, Shmuffiness!” Applejack said. She licked her tongue across her own face and ate the cucumbers.

“Isn’t this exciting? We’ll do everything by the book, and that will make my slumber party officially fun.” She said as she was reading said book.

“Did you hear that, Applejack? You certainly would not want to do anything that would ruin Twilight’s very first slumber party, would you?” Rarity told Applejack.

"Rarity. You are neither the element of subtlety or perspicaciousness." Bandit said to her.

"Perspicaciousness means having a ready insight." Chad said before remembering. "Oh right Spike is in Canterlot."

“I do know Rarity wouldn’t, either, I reckon.” Applejack said.

“So, do we have an agreement?” Rarity asked.

“You betcha.” Applejack said before she spit on her hoof for the agreement.

“Oh, gross! You know, there’s messy, and there’s just plain rude.” Rarity said in disgust.

“You know, there’s fussy, and there’s just plain getting on my nerves.” Applejack told her.

"You know, there's simple disagreements, and just being irritating. Guess which one the two of you are being." Bandit said back to them.

“Fortunately, I can get along with anypony, no matter how difficult she may be.” Rarity said in response.

“Oh, yeah? Well, I’m the get-alongingest pony you’re ever gonna meet.” Applejack said.

Chad looked at Bandit.

"I got no synonyms to correct that word." Bandit told him.

“That’s not even a word.” Rarity told her.

“This is gonna be the bestest slumber party ever! Yay!” Twilight said in the middle of their argument.

“Yay.” Applejack and Rarity reluctantly said. Bandit read the book and saw the first thing on the list.

"Makeovers?" Bandit asked. He then looked at a grinning Twilight, who moved her mane with her hoof to drop the hint. Bandit went wide eyed.

"Nuh uh. No. Not happening." Bandit told her.

"Pretty please Bandit?" Twilight asked.

"No. There are only 2 ponies I let alter my mane. My mom and the hairdresser she hires every two weeks. No exceptions." Bandit said.

"I'll bake you a Cherry grape pie." Twilight told him. Bandit went silent and there was a pause.


Later on, Bandit and Chad were eating slices of the pie as their manes were getting braided.

"I don't think you can bribe me like this a second time. I won't be so easy to buy. I'm only going through with it because it's your 1st slumber party." Bandit told Twilight.

"Sure you are." Twilight said. Bandit playfully hissed at her. She tried to copy the hiss. Chad also hissed, the trio then began laughing.

“So. How are you getting along over there, Applejack?” Rarity asked with a smirk on her face.

“Just fine, Rarity.” Applejack responded, annoyed.

“This is so awesome!” Twilight giggled. “Makeovers, check.” She said as she used her magic to check the book. She teleported the curly liners off their manes. For some reason, their manes went back to normal instead of being curled up. Except for Chad and Bandit, Who both had to manually return their manes back to normal. “Ooh! It says here we have to tell ghost stories. Who wants to go first?” She asked.

Bandit was about to tell him. Celestia told him many ghost stories growing up, but Applejack was too quick on the call.

“Me!” Applejack volunteered. “I’d like to tell y’all the terrifying tale of the prissy ghost who drove everypony crazy with their unnecessary neatness. Ooooh. I’m sure y’all are familiar with that one.” She told Rarity. Bandit nearly rolled his eyes out of his head.

“Never heard of it. But I have a much better one.” Rarity responded. “It’s the horrifying story of the messy, inconsiderate ghost who irritated everypony within 100 miles! Ooooh!” Rarity said, also lacking subtlety.

“That’s not a real story! You made it up!” Applejack told her.

"1) Look who's talking, and 2) All ghost stories are made up." Bandit said.

The lights then went out, making Applejack and Rarity scream. Bandit and Chad scratched their ears from irritants

"You know, my ears are super sensitive to sound, so can you not scream in a closed off space like this?" Bandit asked as he rubbed his ears.

"Sorry." Applejack said.

"Can I tell a ghost story?" Chad asked on top of Twilight's head.

"Go for it." Twilight said. Chad flipped off and landed in a seated position with a lantern under his chin.

"This story is called The Legend of The Headless Horse. It was a dark and stormy night, just like this one. And three ponies were having a slumber party, just like this one... minus the changelings." Chad started.


As the story continued, the mares had huddled together.

"...and just when the last pony thought she was safe, there, standing right behind her, just inches away was--The Headless Horse!" Chad exclaimed. There was a perfectly timed crack of thunder which ended up making them scream, in addition, Bandit had a blanket over his head making him look headless.

Chad covered his ears just in time. Bandit took the cover off his head and the earplugs out his ears.

Twilight went over to the book. “Ghost story, check.” She said as she checked off the book. Applejack and Rarity, who hugged each other in fear, realized they were still hugging and let go, Twilight got between them with a smile. “Now, who wants s’mores?” She asked.


Bandit was cooking the s'mores over a fire as Rarity taught Twilight how to stack smores.

"Then you place one marshmallow on the top of the chocolate and be sure it's centered--that's critical--and then carefully put another perfectly square graham cracker on the top. And done. Ta-da!"

“Ooh!” Twilight said, admiring the s’more Rarity made.

“Nah, you just eat ‘em.” Applejack said before she munched on Rarity’s s’more, much to Rarity’s annoyance. As well as Bandit's, who hated when someone chewed with their mouth open.

Applejack let out a belch.

Rarity scoffed at Applejack’s behavior. “You could at least say, excuse me.” She told Applejack.

“Oh, I was just about to, but you interrupted me.” Applejack told her. “Pardon.”

“S’mores…check.” Twilight said, checking off her book. “Now the next item of fun we have to do is Truth or Dare.” She said.

"Ah boy, here we go." Bandit said, already knowing this was going to end terribly.

“I dare Applejack to do something and neatly for a change.” Rarity said.

“Oh, yeah? Well, I dare Rarity to lighten up and stop obsessin’ over every last little detail for a change.” Applejack responded.

“I think the truth of the matter is that somepony could stand to pay a little more attention to detail.” Rarity said.

“And I think the truth is somepony ought to quit with her fussin’ so the rest of us can get things done.” Applejack told Rarity.

“Um, I don’t think this is how the game’s supposed to work. You have to give an honest answer to any question or do whatever anypony dares you to do.” Twilight told everyone.

I dares you to step outside and let your precious tidy mane get ruined again.” Applejack dared her.

"Applejack, You are taking this just a little too-" Bandit was gonna say.

“You have to. It’s the rule.” Twilight told Rarity.

“HA!” Applejack yelled in triumph.

“Fine!” Rarity said before she slowly walked out the front door. She came back a couple seconds later completely drenched and shaking. Applejack snickered at Rarity’s dismay. Bandit offered a towel, but Rarity was so ready for revenge that she walked right past it.

“Okay, I dare Applejack to play dress-up in a froufrou, glittery, lacy outfit.” Rarity dared Applejack.

Applejack gasped at her dare. She glared at Rarity and walked to the basement. She came back wearing what looked like an outfit princess. Bandit was very confused.

"Okay. Where did you get that outfit and how did you get that on so fast? You left my line of sight for like 2 seconds." Bandit asked, but he was ignored.

“Happy?” Applejack grudgingly asked.

“Very.” Rarity responded with a smirk.

“Um, do I ever get a turn?” Twilight asked.

“I dare you to enter the next rodeo when it comes to town.” Applejack continued.

“I dare you not to enter the next rodeo that comes to town.” Rarity responded.

“I dare ya to not comb your mane a hundred times before bed.” Applejack continued.

“And I dare you to comb yours just once.” Rarity continued.

"I dare you two to get along!" Bandit interrupted. Rarity and Applejack both stopped and begrudgingly folded their hooves.

"It's the rule." Chad said. The mares groaned and shook hooves.

“Um, yeah. Maybe we should check off truth or dare and move on.” Twilight said before she looked back at the book. “Let’s see what our next fun, fun, fun thing is, shall we?” She looked at the next thing on the list. “Hmm, what does this mean? Pillow fight?” She said.

"Oh no." Bandit muttered.

“Oh, please. I am not at all interested in participating in something so crude.” Rarity said before a pillow was thrown at her face. She spit out the feathers that got in her mouth. "It…is…on!” She said before she threw the pillow back at Applejack.

"Let's get you out of the line of fire." Bandit said as he moved her out of the way. Applejack started bucking some pillows at Rarity. Rarity got hit by them in the face and she used her front hooves and kicked the pillows back at Applejack.

Rarity’s shots missed as Applejack lassoed three pillows together and whirled them at Rarity.

Rarity used her magic and levitated the pillows. They each through the pillows at one another while

“Oh, I get it. Pillow…fight. Fun!” Twilight said before she got caught in the crossfire.

"Girls, you might want to chill out." Bandit said. Getting hit in his legs. Once again, he didn't even flinch.

“I will if she will.” Applejack told Twilight.

“She started it.” Rarity retorted.

Twilight was buried under the pillows, Bandit had a stack reaching his chest. Bandit let out a whistle.

"Okay. Time to head to sleep." Bandit said before Chad clocks him in the back of the head with a pillow. Bandit slowly turned to him. Chad screams and starts running. Bandit picked up a pillow.

"Come're you!" Bandit exclaimed as he dove for him.


Twilight was in her bed, Chad was in his. Bandit sacrificed his bed to Applejack and Rarity, since it was literally big enough for the 2 of them. He slept hoping to rest easy. But unfortunately the bickering did not stop, even though both parties were whispering.

"Keep your muddy hooves on your side of the bed.” Rarity told Applejack.

“My hooves ain’t muddy.” Applejack replied.

“They were. There might still be a little on them.” Rarity told her.

“There ain’t. See?” Applejack said, shoving her hoof towards Rarity.

"Ew!" Rarity silently exclaimed before tugging all of the blanket. Bandit took his ear plugs from before and shoved them in his ears.

“Now who’s bein’ inconsiderate.” Applejack said as she took the blanket from Rarity and wrapped herself in it. Rarity got off from the bed.

“I have to make the bed again so the blanket will be right. Get up.” Rarity said before she pushed Applejack off the bed with her head.

"Hey!” Applejack said.

Rarity used her magic to fold the blanket on the bed neatly. Applejack was about to get back in bed by lifting the blanket up. “Unh-unh-unh. You’ll ruin it. You have to do it like this.” Rarity said before she slid in better the cover.

“Yeah. That’s not gonna happen. GERONIMO!” Applejack yelled before she jumped on the bed. This caused Rarity to be bounced off the bed.

“Hey!” Rarity said as she was launched off the bed. “You did that on purpose.” Rarity told Applejack.

“Um, yeah.” Applejack admitted.

“Get up so I can fix it again.” Rarity ordered.

“Can’t hear you. I’m asleep.” Applejack said before she started making imitated snoring.

Rarity got fed up and pulled the blanket off Applejack with her mouth.

“I ain’t budgin’.” Applejack told her.

“You will if you want any blanket!” Rarity said while holding the end of the blanket with her mouth. Applejack got up from the other side of the bed and started tugging the other end of the blanket.

Bandit growled as he took his earplugs out.

"Alright! THAT'S IT!! ENOUGH!!!" Bandit shouted as he flew over to them. They stopped tugging the blanket and sat down. "I get it! The two of you have your differences, you have about as much in common as I do with my cousin Blueblood! But all this bickering and being at each other's throats needs to end right here! Right now!"

Bandit's shouting made Twilight speak up as well.

"As if that wasn't enough, it says right here that the number-one thing you’re supposed to do at a slumber party is have fun. And thanks to you two, I can’t check that off.” Twilight told them while holding the book and quill with her magic.

“I’ve been tryin’ my darnest to get along.” Applejack told her.

“No, it is I who have been trying my best.” Rarity countered.

“No, it was me.” Applejack said.

“No, it was I.” Rarity.

“Me!”

“I!”

"HEY!!" Bandit exclaimed, making them both stop butting heads and look towards him in a seated position.

I hope you're happy, both of you. You’ve ruined my very first slumber party. The makeover, the s’mores, truth or dare, the pillow fight! I mean, is there anything else that could possibly go wrong?!” Twilight asked in frustration.

Lightning struck on the top trunk of a tree near the library. seconds after she said that.

"Okay Twilight, that one's on you." Bandit said to Twilight, his tone changing back to normal.

"Oops. Sorry I asked." Twilight said sheepishly.

Chad turned the light on as he walked in with a head tilt.

Everyone gasped as they saw that the top of the tree was limping toward a house, indicating that it was about to fall.

Applejack turned toward Rarity. “You see?! That’s why we need to take down all those loose branches in town, not spiffy ‘em up.” She told her.

"How do dead branches affect Lightning?" Chad asked. Bandit was gonna answer, but Chad held up a hoof and started reading a book. He then got the answer. "Oooooooh."

“But I…” Rarity tried to say, but Applejack interrupted her.

“Out of my way, missy! Time’s a wastin’.” Applejack said before she headed to the window. She opened the window and took out her lasso. She started whirling her lasso.

“Wait! Stop! Don’t!” Rarity tried to warn Applejack, but Applejack was having none of it.

“No waitin’! No stoppin’. Doin’.” Applejack said before she threw her lasso at the tree. She managed to grab hold of the tree before it fell.

"Whoa. Good going AJ." Chad said.

"And that, my friends, is what we call getting her done.” Applejack said before she grabbed the rope again.

"Applejack DON'T!" Bandit and Chad exclaimed.

Before she could process the warning, the tree came crashing through the window. Bandit grabbed Chad and dove off the top floor to avoid the tree. Bandit put Chad down and looked up.

“I tried to tell you it would come crashing down in here!” Rarity told Applejack.

“Well, you should have tried harder!” Applejack replied.

"You were pulling TOWARDS the library! Someone shouldn't have to tell you that's common sense!" Chad told her.

Bandit looked at a saddened Twilight.

"Twily? Are you okay?" Bandit asked. Applejack looked guilty as she looked at Twilight too.

“I’m mighty sorry, Twilight.” She apologized.

“It’s…well, its not okay. There’s a giant tree branch in the middle of my bedroom! And the book doesn’t say anything about having a giant tree branch at your slumber party, or at least I haven’t found that entry yet.” Twilight said as she started flipping through the pages.

“What in tarnation are y’all doin’ over there?!” Applejack asked Rarity, who was placing books back on the shelf.

“Cleaning up this mess somepony made! Who was that again? Oh, right…that’s you!” Rarity yelled at applejack.

Applejack went back to twilight, but she was still looking through the book. “Baking, BFFs, brothers. There’s nothing in here about branches.”

Bandit grabbed an umbrella saddle, and walked outside.

Applejack tried pulling, kicking, and bouncing off the tree, but it did nothing. “Rarity, for pony’s sake, stop sweatin’ the small stuff and help us get rid of this thing!” She yelled as Rarity was still trying to put the books on the shelf. Rarity just ignored her. “I said hustle over here and help me!” Applejack continued before a strong wind came through the window. “Look…I’m sorry, all right?” She said. Rarity was so stunned she dropped the book.

"What was that?"

“I said I’m sorry! I should have listened to you when you noticed where this here branch would end up. Your annoyin’ attention to detail would have saved us from this whole mess. But right now, you need to stop bein’ so dang fuzzy, pickin’ up all those little things, and help me move the one big thing in here that actually matters!” Applejack yelled. Rarity was still looking the other way. "Please!"

Rarity finally looked over at her, but stopped when she looked bothered by something. “Uh, uh, but I’ll get all icky."

"Consarnit! What the... eh... you…" Applejack with seconds away from snapping, but calmed herself. "I mean, yes, ickiness is often a side effect of hard work. But y'all need to get over it, on account I just can't fix this mess I made myself. I need your help."

Rarity hesitated a moment, but finally looked at Applejack and me. “Oh. Let’s do this!” She said in determination.

"Well, they do have a section about backyard slumber parties. Is that what we're doing right now? Does this count as camping?" Twilight was heard asking.

Applejack was on one side, Taking the dead branches away from the windows. Rarity is on the other, blasting them into ornaments that were similar to the ones that she made in the park. The very second they finished, the tree was pulled out. The mud and debris on top of the tree splashed on them both.

"Huh?" They both say as they look outside and see Bandit dragging the tree with a rope out of the way of anything important before flying through the window and shaking the water off. Applejack pulled the window shut before looking at Rarity, who looked at herself.

"U-ugh. Oh, I look awful." Rarity said as she looked at herself. Chad handed Applejack two cucumber slices he didn't eat yet. Applejack smiled and placed them over Rarity's eyes. "Better?"

Rarity giggled a little.

"Thanks." She said as she reached out to hug Applejack. Twilight looked up from her book and saw the ornaments in front of her.

"Ooh, pretty. Where did these come from? They’re not in the book, either.” Twilight said. Chad came up and used his tail as a mop the water up.


The next morning came around and the group was playing 20 questions. Rarity and Twilight braided their manes again.

"Is it bigger than a house?" Applejack asked Bandit.

"Nope." He answered.

"Is it smaller than a saddle?” Rarity asked.

"No! Only three of your twenty questions left!" Chad said, snickering.

"We're never gonna guess what you're thinkin' of, it could be anythin'." Applejack said.

"Are we getting warmer?" Rarity asked.

"Not exactly." Bandit admitted.

"That counted as a question, only two left." Chad said. Applejack then gave some thought.

"Is it... a six-legged pony with a purple polka-dotted mane and shootin' stars comin' out of his eyes?" Applejack asked.

"Who flies through the air all over the world to hide magic, sparkly eggs?" Rarity added.

"Intergalactic Easter Horse, That was it." Bandit said.

"It is?" They asked together.

"That's a thing?" Twilight asked. Bandit chuckled a little.

"No. It's the telescope." Bandit answered.

"I was thinking of a SEVEN legged pony if that counts." Chad said.

Applejack and Rarity looked at each other and then at Bandit.

"Sleipnir. Anyway, it was just so nice to see you two finally getting along, I wanted you to be able to win together. For Twily's sake." Bandit said with a smile.

Twilight smiled at him.

Applejack began laughing, as did Rarity.

"See? We could have been having fun like this all along." Twilight said.

"If only somepony hadn't been so persnickety." Applejack said to Rarity.

"Well, maybe she wouldn't have been if somepony else hadn't been so sloppy." Rarity clapped back. Smiles soon turned to scowls, which turned back into small smiles.

“Sorry for bein’ such a pain in the patootie.” Applejack apologized.

“Oh, no. I’m sure I was much worse.” Rarity responded.

“That’s kind of you to say, but I’m the one who’s sorry.” Applejack responded back.

“Oh, I’m much more sorry than you are.” Rarity continued.

Applejack scoffs. “Are not.”

“Are too.”

“Are not.”

“Are too.”

“Are not.”

“Are too.” Rarity finished before they both started to laugh.

"And I'm sorry for being so snappy. It was wrong of me to yell at you like foals." Bandit told them.

"To be fair, We were behaving like foals." Rarity said.

"We'll do our best to make sure that we don't do that again." Applejack said with a smile.

“I declare my first slumber party a success.” Twilight announced. Chad pulled out a party popper and let the confetti go off, and everyone cheered.

Bandit grabbed the book.

"Have fun, check." He said before Twilight grabbed the book.

"Hey, that was supposed to be my thing." Twilight said, glaring at him. Bandit booped her nose, making her scrunch a smile.


Later on, Applejack was blindfolded as Rarity was navigating her around.

“Now take two steps to your left. Uh, no my left.” Rarity said, trying to instruct Applejack.

“Well, which is it? WHOA!” Applejack said before she tripped over a pile of books. She quickly got up with a pillow laying on her head. “That mess is your fault, Not mine.” She said before laughing.

“Sorry.” Rarity laughed as well. Meanwhile, Bandit was writing a letter to Celestia.

"Dear My Loving Mother, it’s hard to believe that two ponies who seem to have so little in common could ever get along. But I found out that if you embrace each other’s differences, you just might be surprised to discover a way to be friends after all.” He finished writing.

“So…who’s up for another slumber party tomorrow night?” She asked everyone. Bandit turned around.

Applejack and Rarity looked at each other and grinned. They threw a couple of pillows to her face. “How about a week from Thursday? Ooh, how about two weeks from Saturday.” Twilight asked again. The girls continued to laugh.

“A month from now?” Twilight continued. Then Rarity realized something.

"Oh, I meant to ask. What were you collecting those dead branches for?" She asked.

"To help Chad with Transfiguration." Bandit said as Chad tried to do exactly that, but failed. Outside, The clouds were cleared and the Sun was finally shining once again.

Author's Note:

I'm gonna be completely honest with everyone, this was not my favorite episode a, so it wasn't exactly my favorite chapter to do. Luckily my favorite season one episode, minus the season finale, as well as the 1 I'm looking forward to doing is next. I hope you all enjoyed. Until next time