• Published 16th Nov 2019
  • 1,747 Views, 33 Comments

An Equestrian Voyager - Equestrian Intelligence



A crew, lost 70,000 light years from home. A civilization, wondering if there's anything out there. Fate will bring the two together.

  • ...
4
 33
 1,747

DisQord Part 1

“Captain’s Log. Stardate 52870.8.” Captain Katherine Janeway spoke to her PADD. “Voyager has been journeying through the Delta Quadrant for over four years now. We are still over 68,000 light-years from home, but this crew is a hearty one, and I have full confidence in their ability to bring us home.” Janeway paused. “We have suffered several casualties, the most recent being Ensigns Jeffries and Evans, whose lives were taken in a recent encounter with Species 8472. However, we have detected a recent string of radio transmissions from a nearby system, we believe them to be coming from a pre-warp civilization, so all we will be able to do is observe before moving on.”

She then felt the familiar lurch of Voyager dropping out of warp. Immediately afterwards, she was paged to the bridge. As Captain Janeway exited her ready room onto the bridge, Voyager was shaken from an impact.

“Damage report!” Janeway demanded.

“We’ve struck an asteroid,” Lieutenant Commander Tuvok responded,” heavy damage to the port nacelle.” he paused,” We will not be able to go to warp until it is repaired. We are also receiving reports of hull breaches on decks four and six.”

“It’s like our shields aren’t even there!” Exclaimed B’Elanna Torres.

“That’s because they aren’t!” Came a response from Ensign Harry Kim. “Shields are completely inactive.”

“Tuvok, any idea why we didn’t detect this asteroid field sooner?” Janeway asked.

“Long-range sensors were knocked out in the attack by Species 8472. There is no way we could have detected this field.” Tuvok replied.

“Very well, if we can’t go to warp we’ll have to find somewhere to set Voyager down and make repairs.” Captain Janeway stated.

There are several Asteroids that have flat enough faces for us to land Voyager.” Tuvok stated. “There is also an M Class planet in this system. However, I do not recommend it as the radio signals we detected before Species 8472 ambushed us originated from that planet.”

”I don’t trust that whatever took out our shields won’t harm any teams we send out.” After a short pause, Janeway continued. “It will be noted in my logs that at 2:24 AM on Stardate 52870.8, I elected to violate the prime directive and set Voyager down on a planet inhabited by a pre-warp civilization. Ensign Johannes, use one-quarter impulse to get us out of this asteroid belt, then plot a course towards that planet at full impulse and find somewhere relatively flat so we can land and make repairs. Kim, any wounded?”

“Only those who were already in sickbay Captain.” Harry responded.

As Voyager neared the planet Captain Janeway ordered an orbit of the planet to locate a relatively flat piece of land.

“I found something ma’am.” Ensign Johannes said. “It’s relatively flat and more than large enough to accommodate Voyager.” She hesitated.

“What’s the drawback?” Janeway asked.

“It’s right next to a town ma’am.” Ensign Johannes responded.

“The population of this planet would have found us eventually anyway,” B’Elanna Torres announced,” because I’m estimating repairs will take approximately three to four months.”

Seeing no other viable option, Captain Janeway ordered Voyager down to the planet’s surface. “Blue Alert.”

~

Twilight Sparkle sat on the couch in the middle of her library. It was late, but Princess Celestia had tasked her with learning more about the Crystal Empire. It had been about 4 days since that whole fiasco and she had been having nightmares regarding the vision that the doorway had given her. Twilight was grateful for the distraction.

She was proud of Spike for being brave and delivering the Crystal Heart to Cadence. She was distracted from her thoughts when her inkwell fell off her desk.

“Huh, must’ve been too close to the edge.” Twilight said, picking up the vial with her magic. As she did this, she began to notice as her house began to shake with greater and greater intensity. Stepping outside, Twilight was confused to see nothing. Not a moment later, Twilight heard a low rumble and turned to face its source. She was shocked to see an object descending from the sky. She could just barely make out letters as the object raced overhead. Twilight was shocked even more to see the object slow down and land gently just over the hill.

The lavender unicorn raced back inside and immediately penned a letter to her mentor.

Dear Princess Celestia,

I have just witnessed an event of epic proportions. It would appear that an alien vessel of some kind has landed outside of Ponyville. I believe it to be alien as it appeared to have written text on it, as well as it having slowed to a stop mid-air. I will investigate this craft tomorrow with my friends.

Sincerely,
Twilight Sparkle

Twilight immediately searched her house for her assistant Spike. She found him in his bed.

“SPIKE! WAKE UP!” Twilight shouted.

Spike jumped out of his bed and was annoyed to have been disturbed from his peaceful slumber. “Twilight, why did you have to wake me up this early?” Spike asked, yawning. “It’s like three in the morning.”

“Spike, aliens have just landed on Equis!” Twilight exclaimed. “I need you to send this letter to Princess Celestia immediately.”

“This must be a dream because I swear you just said aliens have landed on Equis.” Spike replied. Twilight gave him a glare that could give the ‘Stare’ a run for its bits. “OK, I’ll send it.” Spike replied. “But I'm going back to sleep afterwards ok?”

“Thank you Spike.” Twilight said as Spike sent the letter. “You know what, I think I'll take you up on that sleep proposal of yours.” Twilight yawned and made her way to her bed. She got comfortable, then blew out the candle and fell asleep.

The next morning, the small town of Ponyville was bustling about. The hot topic of the day being the large alien craft to the west of town. Twilight had just gathered her friends when Spike came to Twilight with a message.

Dear Twilight Sparkle,

I thank you for bringing this event to my attention when you did. As I write this, I am traveling to Ponyville to make first contact with these aliens along with you and your friends. This will truly be a great historical event for pony kind. I find the fact that we are not alone in this universe truly exhilarating. I will see you soon.

Your mentor,
Princess Celestia

Just as Twilight finished reading the letter, her mentor and a small contingent of Royal Guards landed in front of the town hall.

“I see you have already gathered the other Elements my faithful student.” Princess Celestia said.

“We were just about to leave for the craft when your letter arrived Princess.” Twilight replied, adding a small bow.

“Well then I suppose we make haste for the craft, we don’t want to keep the aliens waiting.” Princess Celestia said.

“I’m excited to see some extra terrestrial fashion.” Rarity said.

“I wonder how fast it can go?” Rainbow said. “I’m probably faster.”

“Now now Rainbow, we don’t want them thinking you some kinda disease because of how much you inflate your ego.” Came a response from Applejack.

“I just hope they’re friendly.” Came a timid response from Fluttershy.

After about twenty minutes of walking, the group approached the craft and were surprised to find bits and pieces of it removed. Even stranger was that the aliens were bipedal in nature. It was at that moment that moment that the group realised that one of the creatures had seen them.

~

“Lieutenant Paris to bridge.” Tom Paris spoke into his com-badge.

“Bridge to Lieutenant Paris. How can we help you?” Came the voice of Captain Janeway.

“We have natives about thirty meters to port.” Paris continued. “My guess is that they are sentient considering they appeared to be having a conversation before stopping. Would you like me to head to the aft loading ramp?”

“Affirmative, Tuvok and I will be there shortly.” Came the reply form the bridge.

Navigating through the tight corridors of Voyager’s lower decks proved to be harder than normal considering how much activity was going on in that area of the ship. After about ten minutes, Tom Paris got to the aft loading ramp to find it already lowered with Captain Janeway and Tuvok walking down it. Paris quickly caught up with the pair.

“I apologise for being late, I had a lot of difficulty getting to the loading bay with all the activity in Voyager.” Tom Paris said.

“Apology accepted,” Janeway responded. “but we have more important issues at hand.”

“Of course Captain, after you.” Tom Paris replied.

The trio made it the rest of the way down the ramp and made it to the group of creatures.

“If you understand what I am saying, please nod.” Captain Janeway said.

“You speak our language?” Came the response from the tallest of the creatures.

“It would appear so.” Captain Janeway began. “I am Captain Katherine Janeway of the starship Voyager. To my left is my head of security Lieutenant Commander Tuvok and to my right is my chief navigator Lieutenant Tom Paris. We are representatives from the United Federation of Planets. May I ask what your names are?”

“My name is Princess Celestia, The three to my left are Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, and Pinkie Pie. The three to my left are Applejack, Rarity, and Fluttershy.” Came the response from Celestia. “May I ask why you came to our planet?”

“Heavy damage from a recent battle brought most of our systems down.” Janeway said. “We were originally just going to observe you from orbit, but we struck an asteroid which heavily damaged one of our Warp Nacelles.”

“Warp Nacelles?” Princess Celestia asked.

“We use them to go faster than the speed of light.” Tom Paris replied.

“Faster than light?” Princess Celestia said. “You must be from very far away.”

“That we are.” Janeway responded. “We are stranded as our ship can only go so fast.”

“How far away from your home are you?” Twilight Sparkle asked.

“Over 65,000 light-years.” Came the response from Janeway.

Author's Note:

Well, Her is the first Chapter of an Equestrian Voyager. I'd like to thank discranola for coming on as proofreader and editor. I hope you all enjoy.

Also, If you have any ideas for this story, feel free to put it in the comments.

Comments ( 33 )

I like the concept, as I have a soft spot for Voyager, but this feels rushed. I would suggest probably breaking it into three chapters- one to introduce the Voyager crew and their situation, one to establish the situation from the perspective of the Equestrians, and then the third chapter to deal with the introduction and both sides initial impressions of the alien other. For example, it seems weird here that none of the Voyager characters had any remarks about a bunch of multicolored horses being their greeting party, which you'd think they definitely would.

9944323
When The inevitable rewrites come, this will definitely be taken into account, As for the multicolored ponies, You have to remember that this is the star trek Universe. They are accustomed to strange looking aliens, multicolored ponies would be no different

“We use them to go faster than the speed of light.” Tom Paris replied.

A soft groan groan comes from behind and to the left of Celestia. "Faster than light? Oh, horse apples..." moans Rainbow Dash.

Interesting, this goes on my tracking list. Pacing seams a little rushed. but still is an interesting crossover. Will there be any Q/Discord shenanigans'?

Comment posted by Equestrian Intelligence deleted Jun 3rd, 2020

9944329
At the very least there be a comment about parallel evolution that the Ponies appear similar to earth equines. As well as other earth-like plant and animal life.

Perhaps they theorize it a planet the Caretaker left biological samples when he was done studying it. That is why after all they ended up in the Alpha quadrant.

9944367
Caretaker brought them to the Delta quadrant, but I will definitely leave a remark of similar evolution in next Chapter's captains log

9944373
Oops, I did mean the Delta quadrant. Got my Star Trek Lingo mixed up. I do know the Alpha is where Earth is located just put the wrong one down. I was just making a suggestion it was used a few times in TOS and I think in TNG to explain similar appearances of plants and animals.

9944329

Within the context of Star Trek, non-humanoid sapient species are pretty rare, let alone ones that are nearly identical to ungulate earth species. Obviously this is to make things easier for the special effects teams, but it's probably still something they'd remark upon. I have a hard time imagining Tom Paris or Harry Kim not making a smartass remark.

It also might be worth drawing in the unique elements of Equestria as a setting into the Voyager's observation; the apparent fact that the star and moon move around the planet via the control of an alien species would definitely be noteworthy.

9944329
In the Star Trek universe, non-humanoid sapient species are very rare. The only ones that come to mind are the Changelings, Tholians, and some of the Xindi (Insectoid, Aquatic, and probably Avian varieties), as well as a handful of others that have apparent noncorporeal forms.

9944392
All of this will come into question in due time. every missing detail of a chapter or plot hole will be explained away in the captains log of the next chapter.

9944388
All of this will come into question in due time. every missing detail of a chapter or plot hole will be explained away in the captains log of the next chapter.

9944329
Except, do you recall any 4 legged sapient aliens ever? That look like mythology animals from their history? I have watched every Star Trek series and there has never been a four legged intelligent sapient species on the show ever.

Even when they met dinosaurs in space, they had evolved into two legged beings.

They have never encountered anything like ponies ever. And as far a Star Trek goes, anytime they have encounter some being never seen before, it's always been kind of a big deal. Like when they encountered the Horta for the first time because they had never encountered anything like that before. Same with the Aliens from Encounter at Farpoint.


This would give them pause.

Hmmm .. truthfully them willingly landing near a underdeveloped species seems uncharacteristic for the federation prime directive and all that. Now them landing due to needing emergency repairs in the first available large space or needing access to materials located only in the area like the crystals in the cavern under canterlot turning out to be dylythium seems more plausable otherwise there's places near the badlands or appalosaian desert or even the snow fields of the crystal region. Also telling the ponies you had to land due to battle damage should have celestia having a bigger reaction like are these beings bringing a threat to my ponies.

Atleast species 8472 are inteligent and can be reasoned with. The ponies should be fine as long as they dont interfere. They targeted the federation because they aided the Borg who attacked 8472 first in fluidic space. You aid my enemy your my enemy. Their brutal when provoked but pretty much just wanted to be left alone.

Not to really poke at you, but Voyager's writing overall... Personally, I think the very idea of landing a large ship like Voyager on any planet for the purpose of doing repairs to be laughable. There is an inherently MASSIVE advantage to operating in zero G. The first and foremost being the ability to move large, heavy equipment with nothing more than a thruster pack, removing the need for things like cranes. A huge advantage, anti-grav pallet-jacks or no.

The second, is that landing on a planet means that the entire vessel is now subject to 1 G of stress. That means that the structure of the vessel is now supporting its weight, and any major toying with things like the warp nacelle pylons must consider the consequences of those pylons being under physical tension. In zero G, if I pull the axle pin from the rotational segment of the warp nacelle pylon, the nacelle pylon goes nowhere and can be held in place with the SIF. If the ship is sitting in a G of gravity and I pull the pin, Ensign Crimson Underwear goes squish when the whole thing falls on him (Because of course, Starfleet forgot that OSHA regulations from 21st century Earth forbid people from just standing under lifted loads under tension) . Assuming I can even get the pin out with the nacelle resting on it.

Janeway: Doctor, I don't want to lose another crew member. Can you stabilize him once we get the warp nacelle off him?

EMH: Captain, I contain all the medical information available to Starfleet from the moment of this vessel's launch. And I would say, in my expert medical opinion, that there is no possible way to reconstitute Ensign Crimson Underwear's body from the thin layer of organic paste it has become at the mercy of a thousand tons of metal that has pinned him to the surface of this planet.

Janeway: What are you saying, Doctor?

EMH: I'm saying, Captain, that the Ensign has been squashed like a bug and is quite thoroughly dead. Silver lining, he likely didn't have enough time to process his life was over, let alone feel pain. Not so silver lining, I've taken the liberty of doing Cmdr. Tuvok's job for him, and checked the ship's inventory. We do not carry a crane onboard. As he might put it: We will have to fabricate one from our supposedly limited replicator stock. Something we could have avoided by simply remaining in orbit, and doing spacewalks, in space suits. With space tools.

Janeway: The writers just keep making our situation worse all the time.

9944765
you do realize that every time voyager makes repairs, they land on a planet's surface right?

9944499
I'd also like to think that their minds aren't exactly clear due to some....hostile stowaways

9944892

Yes. I'm merely pointing out that the writers of Voyager did something laughable in the name of putting them on a planet. They treated the thing like an airplane that needs to land to be worked on, or an ocean going vessel that needs to be stuck in drydock so it doesn't take on water when you start patching holes in the hull. Voyager is neither, and it makes more sense to perform repairs where you can use a can of hair spray to move multi-ton loads, and nobody is at risk of an engine assembly falling on their head.

I mean, if I want to work on the Warp Nacelles, which are attached to huge articulating arms. I would rather those arms be at rest in a zero G environment, not weighing down on the joint in a G of gravity.

Again, not really poking at you. Just that Voyager's writers put a lot of effort into throwing a pointless feature into episodes that could be easily be sidestepped with shuttles or transporters.

"We have landing gear!"

"...Neat."

“I found something ma’am.” Ensign Johannes said. “It’s relatively flat and more than large enough to accommodate Voyager.” She hesitated.

“What’s the drawback?” Janeway asked.

“It’s right next to a town ma’am.” Ensign Johannes responded.

“The population of this planet would have found us eventually anyway,” B’Elanna Torres announced,” because I’m estimating repairs will take approximately three to four months.”

Seeing no other viable option, Captain Janeway ordered Voyager down to the planet’s surface. “Blue Alert.”

Attention K-Mart Shoppers! We now have a sale on Federation Starships in Aisle 3. Y'know, because Blue Alert.
It's sorta like the Blue Light Special.

Nice.
Another Voyager fic.

As a reader, it's easy for me to say such things as "take your time, don't rush".
But I don't write. So I can't really advise.

Sometimes, you just want to set the stage, so the real story can flow, which is understandable.
So please, continue :ajsmug::twilightsmile:

9944373
I think I came up with a logical reason for Earth/Earth myths like life on Equis.

In TOS episode “Who Mourns for Adonais?” The crew meets an alien calling himself Apollo. This race visited Earth and were worshipped as gods.

It possible that that race transplanted much of the earth like life to the planet Equestria is part of. As well as experimented on that life the end result is the Ponies. Apollo showed Q like powers but unlike Q his power came from the structure. It could be they were trying improve their power but died off before the experiment was completed. Could also say that Discord, Luna, and Celestria were the final result of those experiments.

Just an idea that popped into my mind. It explains the Earth like similarities as well a logical connection between the two shows.

The three to my left are Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, and Pinkie Pie. The three to my left are Applejack, Rarity, and Fluttershy.”

Just how many lefts does Celestia have?

9945142
I think you just created a plotpoint

9945294
Glad to help out then.

9944892
Hahaha sorry i read it but couldnt keep a straight face. Theirs no federation space docks in the delta quadrant of course their almost always gonna land.^^.

His voicing his opinion like he did came off as harsher then i think he realized ...but truthfully it all comes down to whats damaged. If its the nacel or something to do with the engines on planets better due to no space docks it allows them to fully shut down and run off of emergency power during repairs with no drain on environmental systems. If it structural like a hull breach using a asteroid for mining materials and shuttle craft to lug around the materials and work teams in space might be better. Voyagers actually very lucky it was made with the option of entering and exiting the atmosphere whenever theirs a need alot of the spaceships in star trek arent made for constantly entering and exiting atmospheres.

Aliens land next to Ponyville, and Twilight says it can wait until morning? Truly she has gotten too used to life there.

9950985
I mean, shit happens like, every few weeks for them. This is just one of those times

This is an amazing first chapter, and I would love to see it continued, as it mixes two good things into a single package.

Welp Janeway disobeyed the prime directive.

10143376
Spread the word. Chapter two is in the works

9945269 As many as she wants to have. She's an Alicorn Princess.

Did someone forgot to turn on the deflector?

Login or register to comment