• Published 2nd Dec 2019
  • 2,988 Views, 49 Comments

Stellar Council - PizzaculousPony



Twilight needs to go on an adventure to get her old council back in order and save her mother from Nightmare Moon.

  • ...
3
 49
 2,988

Not their Night

Twilight silently walked through the halls adorned with torches shedding light on her features. She was once again wearing her saddle bags, filled with quills and a few journals. To her left side was her sword holder with the handle neatly stowed away. On her head was her crown, the Element of Magic fused to the top of it. On her chest was her golden chest-plate exactly like Orion's.

She arrived at a dead-end with a torch placed on the wall in front of her. She reached out with her magic and channeled it through some hidden runes at the back of the torch. Twilight stepped closer to the wall and mentally counted to three, once she reached three the wall did a one-eighty and Twilight appeared at the other side of the hall.

"I've got to say Princess, these secret passages are awesome! Imagine how fun it would be playing hide and seek in here." Lilly exclaimed looking in awe around the secret passage.

"Tell me about it, never could beat Twilight...Yet again she always cheated!" Orion accused and Lilly giggled a bit.

Twilight smiled, looking over at her partners. Orion hadn't prepared much, she just noticed that he had more arrows then before...A lot more. He had his gold chestplate on, the sapphire of Loyalty shone in the dim light of Orion's horn. Lilly on the other hand had nothing...Literally nothing.

"Umm..Lilly don't you have something to...defend yourself or protect yourself?" Twilight asked lighting her own horn so she could see better.

"Nope! We're going to Fillydelphia right? That's not a dangerous place...Or at least I don't think so. Besiiides I don't have any weapons or any armor. I never needed it." Lilly shrugged.

"Actually-" Orion started drawing the attention of both mares "-as far as I am aware, there's currently a pirate war in the area."

"Really? A pirate war? Orion don't tell me that you actually believe that Aunty would let that slip past when she has the E.U.P at her services?" Twilight inquired sarcastically.

"They operate during the night, only a few guard patrols are active during that time. They also chose the area between Fillydelphia and Canterlot since the Ria Mountains are in the middle. Apart from a few sentries on their peaks, Central-Eastern Equestria is unguarded. I wouldn't be surprised if the crown knows nothing of them." Orion finished with his scholarly tone.

"And how do you know about this captain?" Twilight raised an eyebrow as she accused.

"I worked in a public airship yard, it's my job to know!" He said as if it were common knowledge.

"Oh..." Then Twilight turned to Lilly. "Well then, that only proves my point, you need armor. we'll make a quick pass-by the armory."

"Are you sure? I don't want to be a nuisance-" Lilly tried but was interrupted by Orion.

"Nonsense! You're way too important for that!'' He boomed and turned towards the right which Twilight noticed was the wrong way towards the armory.

Twilight smirked at the pair. Lilly noticing what he had said blushed slightly while Orion was trying to look away and hide his own blush. Twilight used all of her will power to not laugh at their awkwardness, instead...She decided to make it worse.

As Orion started to walk of Twilight spoke up. "Hey, Brother...You're going the wrong way, the armory is that way " She pointed a hoof at the other side of the hall. Orion froze and turned around, still a little red.

"Oh, um right..." He said and hurried down the other side. When he was almost out of earshot Twilight leaned in and whisper to Lilly.

"You got him wrapped around your hoof~" Twilight winked at her and went to follow Orion.

'Oh this is going to be fun!'


'This was a mistake.'

After they had arrived at the armory Twilight had started embarrassing Orion in front of Lilly but she failed to see when everything went wrong. Orion had caught up to her plan pretty early on and spent most of his time ignoring Twilight's taunts while he searched something for Lilly to wear and remembering every embarrassing thing Twilight had done in her earlier years. He stayed pretty quiet until he saw an opening and struck.

And now Twilight was in the middle of a smug looking Orion and a laughing Lilly. She groaned in annoyance and got up to continue Orion's job of looking for something suitable for Lilly while trying to block out every tale he continued to tell.

Ignoring him became easy when something caught her eye. In one of the many opened chests in the armory was a purple set of leathery armor. The set was clearly meant for a small female body, 'not as small s Pisces's' Twilight commented. It had a pink six pointed star broach that connected both halves of the set. "That won't due." Twilight silently muttered.

She carefully turned her head as to not be seen by her friends. She searched for Lilly's cutie mark and found...Nothing. Then Twilight looked back to the suit and facehoofed. She had forgotten that Thestrals didn't have cutie marks. She opened her eyes and pondered the broach.

Her horn lit up with magic and her aura surrounded the broach. It's crystal form started to shift and reformed itself into the image of a small lily. Twilight smiled at her small magical act, she had always liked working with crystals, it was a very rare and difficult magic to master but it always came naturally to her.

She replaced the broach and lifted the leather set and turned it around, examining it. The set was made of the best leather there was, chimaera leather, and in some parts there was soft dragon skin for greater mobility. Twilight nodded in agreement with her mind. The other only thing she did was darken the color of the set in order for it to be less visible during the night.

"Lilly?" She called back causing her friends to look at her. "Is this something that would be likeable to thy tastes?''

"Princess, you're going back to your old dialect." Lilly pointed out, making her way next to her and looking over the set. "Oooh that's a nice set! I'll take it." She smiled and then caught sight of the broach. "Wooah that's a pretty broach...D-Did you make this yourself?''

"Yes, it's crystal magic. I reshaped it to be a form of a lily, it's tradition to have you're armor or weapons with a broach or a symbol to represent the owner." Twilight explained. "I'm glad you like it. It's yours to keep"

''I don't know what to say Princess...Thank you! This is an honor!"

"Don't worry Lilly, we're friends! Consider it a favor that doesn't need repaying from one of your Thestral friends" Twilight levitated the set to Lilly's open hooves. "Put it on! I'll go and get Pyre 'real quick' and wait for you at the secret entrance! Orion, stay here and helped her to the exit when she's ready please." With that she attempted to leave Orion in the room with Lilly but before she could magically close the door Orion used his own magic to keep the door open and shot Twilight a serious glance.

"Twilight, a word..." He growled out.

Twilight attempted to scape but was held in place by Orion's magic. She lit up her horn to overpower his magic but Orion, having anticipated this, quickly added a disabling barrier around her horn to prevent her from using magic

"You know that Princess Luna-" He started with a scolding tone but was interrupted by Twilight.

"'Does not approve of thy use of crystal magic.' I knooow. But I'm a grown mare capable of making my own decisions. You can't just tell me not to do something that is up to my liking and not give me any explanation!" She let out her frustrations with a tone louder than was appropriate.

"And you should know by now what I'm going to say." He continued.

"'It's not our right to tell thee' But who?! Tell me Orion who has the right to tell me?!" Twilight barked. "Now let me go, we don't have time for this and you know it!" she ordered but Orion did not move.

"Twily, I'm doing this to protect you so-"

"Protect me from what?! Or perhaps Who?" She inquired and when Orion flinched she elaborated further. "Tell me exactly who you're to protect me from."

"No."

"Then let me go! There is no use in you keeping me here hostage in a battle against time that if loose you do too!"

"Swear to me by your honor that you won't-"

"I, Twilight C. Sparkle, being of sane mind and health, swear on my honor not to practice the art of crystal magic..." Twilight waited for a moment just so Orion would loosen his grip on her horn, then in one swift motion she freed herself. "For the rest of this night, on condition that Beast Hunter Orion doest not keep me captive against my will until the oath expires.''

Twilight smirked smugly and lit her horn again preparing for a teleportation spell. "Now if thou wilt excuse me, I have a phoenix to wake up." And teleported away. This was not her night.


Commander Nocte Wing,
Lands between Ponyville and Canterlot,
Meanwhile...,


This was not his night. Not only had his Empress bucked him out of the throne room in front of his guards, personal squadron and rivaling commanders of rivaling armies but now he was now banished from Canterlot and the presence of his Empress until he found that runaway princess and brought her before Nightmare Moon unharmed.

And now he was flying back to the Castle of the Three Royal Pony Alicorns that was probably miles away from Canterlot along with his seven other comrades to search...Actually it didn't seem too bad now that he was reconsidering it, but he needed to complain about something.

"Commander, permission to speak freely." A red, male Thestral next to him spoke up.

"Permission granted, Lieutenant Sunfall Fang." Nocte replied, never taking his eyes away from course.

"With all due respect to the Empress Goddess, but why would she want to capture her own daughter, I mean she escaped for a reason right?" Sunfall asked not only Nocte but his other squad members.

"Sir, permission to spe-" A Thestral mare's voice spoke up behind Nocte but he interrupted her.

"You are all to speak freely on the matter." Nocte instructed and although he could not see it they all nodded.

The same Thestral mare spoke up again. "Princess Twilight Sparkle, from what the Elders have told us, has always been the rebellious type."

"Yeah, Crescent, do you really believe those old-timers?" A very dark colored Thestral commented, getting a few annoyed glances his way. "I mean she was raised by the great Princess Luna, it's no surprise she'd want to get as far away as possible from Nightmare Moon-"

"THAT'S ENOUGH WILLOWSHADE!" Barked out Nocte. "While I share your beliefs, we swore a blood oath to the Nightmare as legitimate as that to Princess Luna, as such we shall refrain from disrespect her and shall follow her command. And thus the matter is resolved, we shall now continue the flight in silence until otherwise ordered."

"Yes sir!" The squadron of seven Thestrals all shouted.


Twilight C. Sparkle,
Council HeadQuarters, Secret Private Armory,
Meanwhile,


"We have returned!" Twilight boomed as she entered the armory with an arguably better mood. On her back Pyre screeched softly.

"Just in time!" Lilly said. "It took me a while to figure it out but I got it on! So, how does it look?" Lilly started cat-walking in front of the duo...well trio if you count Pyre.

"Hmm...I think it's a bit big...What do you think Orion?'' Twilight asked.

"Maybe...Yes, it's a bit too big, that could lower it's effectiveness and be a hazard...Soo a shrinking spell?'' He confirmed.

"Half a caliber." Twilight nodded and they both lit their horns. Their magic sowed together and connected with Lilly's set and started carefully shrinking it in the certain parts to have it fit without crushing Lilly. When they were done they stopped fueling the spell and let it fade away. "Hmm...I believe we did a fine job.'' Twilight smiled.

"Yup, It really fits you Lilly." Orion agreed.

"Thank you guys!" Lilly started walking towards Twilight. "So this is Pyre? He's really cute." Pyre smiled proudly and shot a smug look at Twilight and Orion who rolled their eyes.

"We've lost enough time already." Twilight drew attention to herself. "Lilly, get ready to fly..And I'll warn you, you might get sick." Twilight gave her saddle bags to Orion and lifted him onto her back and Pyre perched himself on her head. Twilight gathered her magic and teleported them several feet above them and to the sky above the ruined Everfree City.

They staggered a bit before Twilight and Lilly leveled out in the air. Pyre got off Twilight's head and started leading them to Fillydelphia. They started flying behind Pyre and they very soon passed over The Castle of the Three Royal Pony Alicorns...just when Nocte's squadron arrived.

Twilight spotted a slight glimmer under them. She looked down to see eight flying forms quickly gaining height. As they got closer she recognized them as the night guard armor.

"Not again!" Twilight complained "Quick! Fly faster!" She ordered, Lilly looked back at her with a questioning look until she spotted the Thestrals following them and started flapping her wings harder.

Twilight struggled to gain speed with Orion hanging onto her for dear life. She turned her head to face him. "Hold onto my mane! Your life depends on it!" She screamed back, struggling to be heard through the gashing wind. She got her answer as she felt Orion grab onto her mane with great force. She summoned magic into her horn and slowly started crafting it into a spell that wrapped around Orion and started to slowly shrink him to the size of a mouse, and then she brought her magic into a second layer to her spell making Orion slowly weigh a lot less.

"Pyre!" She called out to her phoenix and it slowed to go at her speed. "Grab Orion in your claws." Pyre did as she asked and grabbed a very squeaky sounding Orion trying to complain.

Twilight now started to speed up in time to see a shadow being cast upon her. She looked up to find a very annoyed Nocte looking down at her like a hawk would eye it's prey. When he realized she had noticed him he dove at break neck speed. Twilight rolled sideways and barely avoided his strike, proud that she managed to do the stunt.

Nocte didn't have time to break, it would slow him down, instead he continued and used the momentum to glide and gain height using his speed. Meanwhile, Crescent kept up pressure on Twilight. She flapped her wings faster to level out with Twilight she then switched her weight and placed herself under Twilight, then she used her superior speed to make a backflip passing in front of Twilight and went to tackle her from above.

Twilight, having anticipated this conjured up a shield before Crescent slammed into her, Crescent instead slammed into her shield and knocked herself out, falling and making another Thestral catch her, keeping them both out of the pursuit. Twilight staggered but recovered from the blow to her shield.

She looked at her companions, Pyre was playing with three of the pursuers making them hit each other while he joyfully glided between them with great agility and accuracy. Lilly was doing loopy loops without stopped and confusing her pursuers. Twilight smiled and almost missed the blur coming towards her, when she noticed Nocte coming after her again she used her wing power to stop dead in her track. Nocte slowed down in time to stop before her and charge her.

With a powerful flap, Twilight did an aerial swan dive over Nocte. She raced towards her friends, Lilly had already lost her pursuers and grouped up with Twilight, together they approached Pyre, who was still busying himself playing with the Thestrals, Twilight waved him over and he dashed next to her. "Lilly, prepare you stomach, you too Orion. Pyre, let's show these sentinels what speed really means!"

Twilight grabbed Lilly with her magic before she could ask what she was going to do. Twilight gathered a large amount of magic in her horn, the static caused her bangs to start raising until she sent all that magic into her wings. She and Pyre dashed away, leaving the pursuing Nocte in the dust, or wind, and two streaks in the night sky, one was orange and yellow ant the other was dark purple with magenta and pink streaks and with stars in it. They also left the panicked screams of Lilly and Orion, Lilly being dragged along with a magic rope and Orion trapped in Pyre's claws.

They flew with one goal in sight, Fillydelphia.

Author's Note:

Writers block officially overcame! Huzzah! You didn't expect a chapter so soon did you? Thou shalt fall before my surprise attack!
So, in all seriousness, I was missing the pursuit scenes and magic uses. Soo all of the action scenes. Did you guys like it? I hope you did. And I hope you liked the action scene as well. If you see any mistakes please tell me in the comments so I can fix them.
Love you guys! <3