• Published 13th Nov 2019
  • 1,689 Views, 24 Comments

The Prince of Shadows - Antydeth



Being the King of Monsters, as well as the real ruler of the Crystal Empire was not easy when you are surrounded by enemies on all sides. Fortunately, the perfect opportunity has presented itself to the dark king in the form of four others like him.

  • ...
3
 24
 1,689

Holiday Special - Christmas' Eve

So...I have been informed by an important figure that at this current point in time, you mongrels are celebrating a widely spread holiday called...um, what was the name again? 'Celestia's Eve'? No...Uuh...Crisp Mass' Eve? No, this lacks any sense whatsoever...It was...Ah...Oh damn it all! Your childish gatherings are irrelevant to me and so are the names you pick for them!

However...the teller of this variation of my story will unfortunately be temporarily absent from his duties. THIS is something that concerns me, as it hinders everything! Granted, after being told of this Chris Manson Eve he and his fellow semiens celebrate mirthfully, although angered at first, I decided to pardon that dull mongrel...just once.

If it were up to me, I'd dedicate most holidays to gift me with sacrifices in fear of my wrath or to humiliate those pesky princesses. Alas, I am still too weak to impose my will on others.

But soon...SOON... EQUESTRIA WILL KNOW THE NAME-!

"Sombra! Somepony brought a package and it has your name on it!"

Damn that Celestia! Always meddling in my affairs when we aren't playing our roles! Why is she even here?! Doesn't she have that obtuse sister of hers to annoy and bicker with?

"I'm coming!"

"Not the best choice of words!"

That mare...Oh, I am going to make her scream tonight! She can be sure of it!

The package does in fact have my name scribbled on the back in black letters trimmed with red and green at the edges. Interesting...Who would go through the effort of wrapping junk in colorful junk and then have it transported over to me?

"So what is it?" Celestia just came in, a huge box of sweets in her magical grasp.

"Let me open it and I'll tell you." I snap back, making her pause and briefly scowl at me before she resumes to drown herself in candy treats. Gusty, no wonder I hear mocking comments about her rear on a daily basis with how much sugar she consumes.

I tear open the package to reveal a little blue box inside. I curiously poke the box with my hoof.

"Whoa!" Celestia exclaims behind me as the box intrudes and sprawls onto the floor.

"I think I broke the thing..."

But what is this? It looks like...An entire room-sized model of the Crystal Empire under my supreme rule?

There is no mistaking it. All those black crystals. The dark fortress. It all seems so...graceful, so beautiful, so...real. And it is accurate to the tiniest detail! It even has Crinky's bar!

My hoof reaches eagerly to the model's details, but then something gets shot out of the wall canons. I am startled at first, of course. But then I see what falls down. A slightly burned piece of paper.

I unroll it and read the contents.

"'To our King, the best villain in Equestria - Sombra! Good luck on all your evil-doing! Merry Christmas!

-Your loyal fans'"

I...This...This is... certainly a surprise. And...it may be a welcome one...just a tad bit.

"Sombra, are you...smiling?"

"NO! I am merely sneering at this...disgusting attempt to appease to my wishes!"

I say that...yet do I truly mean it? No, of course I do! And stop smirking at me, 'Sunbutt'!

Author's Note:

Decided to drop my own 'holiday special', cuz it is Christmas after all. I've always wanted to do this actually, but never had the inclination to write my ideas down. But now I finally did and it is a delight to the heart.

Merry Christmas every...pony!

P.S. This little in-betweener was supposed to be published yesterday but due to personal reasons that I would not dwel on(*psst* laziness, exhaustion and family arguments), it had to be delayed.

P.S.S. Grammar is probably a mess, I know. I rarely in anything other than past tense.