• Published 9th Nov 2019
  • 413 Views, 8 Comments

Sunspear - Cerulean Blue



A cry for help brings Princess Luna to the edge of civilisation

  • ...
 8
 413

Meeting

Celestia slowly rose up into consciousness, aware of a presence close by. With a start, she realized close by meant inside her wards and jumped up, wings spread, ready for anything. A glance around the room showed nothing but her bed and her rough furniture. Moving quickly and silently she went to the doorway and stopped mid-stride, for dead centre in her living area stood Her. Armored in a dark blue, in front of her stood a mare bigger than herself, twin swords secured by scabbards crisscrossing her back. The stars themselves shimmered in mane and tail, streaming majestically in an ethereal wind. Hair and horn were deep blue, and the wings were furled by her sides, armored edges razor sharp. And the eyes – they stared back at Celestia, deep pools of black and aquamarine hiding all from the world.

Celestia put down her hoof and tensed, for she did not know how this meeting would go. The armored mare slowly walked to her, warshoes inexplicably lightly tapping on each step. As the mare got closer she noticed that purpose had given way to a tremor and a timidness, each step becoming more and more unsure. Finally, standing a head’s width away the mare stopped and her eyes started shimmering, and she raised a hoof. Celestia braced for what was to come and was surprised when the horn lit and the warshoe came off. Celestia looked at Luna, and Luna looked back, and then Luna moved forward and hugged her sister, Celestia hugging back in turn, eyes closed.

“Celly, it’s finally you – I thought you’d gone forever!” Luna sobbed, holding her wayward sister as they both cried.