• Published 8th Nov 2019
  • 814 Views, 34 Comments

TRANSFORMERS: Darkness Rises - TheClownPrinceofCrime



Darkness threatens the safety of planet earth. Shockwave will not allow anything to stop him from raising it to destroy the humans and the Autobots. It is up to Grimlock, the Autobots, and the Equestria Girls to stop him.

  • ...
5
 34
 814

Grimlock’s Problem

Back in Equestria, the Autobots were in Canterlot as they mingled with the ponies there for their second anniversary of Grogar’s defeat. Optimus Prime himself entered into the redesigned throne room to have a meeting with Twilight as she requested earlier that day. Both of them had gotten to know each other ever since Optimus rescued her and the other alicorns from Grogar’s spell. They had so much in common.

“Greetings, Princess Twilight.” Optimus greeted her. “You requested my presence?”

“Yes. And you don’t have to address my title. We’re close friends after all.” Twilight said waving her hoof. “But it’s great to see you here!”

“Likewise. Is there anything that you wish to talk about?” asked Optimus.

“I only called you here because there is a warrior of yours who has been causing some trouble around here. I believe his name was...Grimlock?” Twilight said.

“Yes, I’ve been hearing rumors about him.” Optimus confirmed.

“Okay, so I thought that we can talk about his behavior. Grimlock hasn’t been getting along with a lot of ponies, and he’s always condescending to those who are mean to him.” Twilight informed. “I don’t know if he’s always been like this when he’s around you guys but I seriously think that he needs some readjustment.”

“Grimlock is a no-nonsense tough Dinobot when it comes to socializing with other beings. I’ve known him for a long time. This is why I’m always concerned for his wellbeing and his actions. I apologize for all that happened to the ponies of Canterlot.” Optimus said with a tone of sadness.

“No need to apologize. But I can’t imagine what it was like for you and the Autobots on Cybertron. Was there ever a time in which he was actually kind and tender to others?” Twilight asked.

“Rarely, I’m afraid. He is well-known as a stubborn and headstrong Autobot; often times, he would either disobey or openly disregard my orders, especially in the heat of battle.” recalled Prime. “One time, I appealed to him to unite with the rest of us to stop Megatron and the Decepticons but he refused. He went solo to fight against the enemy which resulted in our long-time separation. I feared for the worst. I hoped that he miraculously survived the war on Cybertron.”

“I’m sorry. I’m genuinely sorry that happened.” Twilight said with heavy sorrow in her tone. “Do you think you can talk to him?”

“Yes. I’ll reason with him and convince him to readjust his behavior.” Optimus said. “I appreciate your help and concern, Twilight.”

“What are friends for?” Twilight smiled.
Optimus departed from the throne room leaving Twilight sitting on her throne.

The Dinobot Commander was in the EverFree Forest in his T-Rex mode waltzing around in the woods. All the creatures that beheld the monstrous metal beast fled with great fear. He then transformed into his robot mode. He saw the Ark up in a distance. He slowly walked toward it as he was contemplating everything that happened to him over the past two years in Equestria, what happened to him and his comrades on Cybertron, and also recently in Canterlot. He thought on how he was rude, mean, and condescending to everyone whom he had a strong dislike for.

He remembered how he often had a fight with Sideswipe and Perceptor every time he would mess things up before he was turned to a Dinobot. He also remembered how he often disobeyed Optimus’s orders and was too arrogant to accept his help or the help of the other Autobots. He then remembered all the harsh words the ponies of Canterlot said to him whenever he did something wrong. He often retaliated by angrily roaring at them in his Dino mode or stomping his feet to intimidate them.

As he thought on all those unkind memories, he could not resist the memory of the most traumatizing experience he ever had—being painfully experimented on by Shockwave which made him the way he was.

He clenched his right fist in anger and punched the door of the Ark as soon as he reached to it. “What is wrong with me?! Why am I such a monster?! Me Grimlock can’t get along with anyone here!!” he bellowed.

No sooner did he say this than when Optimus arrived at the ship and transformed into robot mode. Grimlock looked back and saw the Autobot leader approaching him. He did not utter a word to him as he was too depressed and ashamed to speak to him.

“Grimlock, I’ve heard of everything that you have done in Canterlot. I thought that we can talk about this candidly.” Optimus spoke with the utmost kindness to not upset him further.

“No, please, you don’t need to lecture me on what I did or said wrong. I knew what I’ve done wrong, ok? It’s just that I don’t have the capacity to get along with everyone here. Those yaks seem to like me more but that’s just it!” Grimlock whined.

“I’m glad that you’re aware of your situation. That’s a great start. But I must tell you that you do have the capacity to make friends with all the creatures here. Your friendship with the yaks you mentioned is proof of that fact.” said Optimus. “You just need to understand what ponies expect of you when you try to make peace with them.”

“BUT HOW?! Why is it that every time I do something that represents who I am, the ponies and the Autobots get angry at me! What makes it even worse is that I get angrier and lash at them!! I don’t make things even better. I’ve always been like this even back on Cybertron!!” Grimlock screamed.

“Grimlock, if you keep chastising yourself for the mistakes you’ve made in the past with no plan on how to improve, you will only continue on making matters even worse than ever. Your anger and depression will only cloud your judgement.” Optimus patiently lectured. He was unwilling to give up on him. “You need to relax and think on how you can make up for your mistakes.”

His advice calmed Grimlock but only slightly. He deeply sighed as he silently meditated on what Prime said to him. Trying to be a better bot to the Autobots and ponies to make up for all the grave mistakes he made would be very hard to accomplish. But it would be worth a shot, he thought.

After a moment, he looked at Prime, “I guess you’re right, Prime. It’s going to be very hard to pull it off, but I’ll give it a fair shot.” he said.

“I’m happy to hear that.” Optimus replied.

“Would you mind if I have a moment to recollect and relax my processer?” Grimlock asked.

“I don’t mind. Feel free to rejoin us in Canterlot.” Prime replied before he transformed to his vehicle mode and drove off.

Grimlock was once again all alone. He stood up from the ground and idly wandered in the forest again thinking about what he can do to be in good terms with the ponies. “Hmmm, what should I do? What can I possibly do to be better?” he thought out loud.

After he said this, something caught his visor. He saw something glowing up in a distance. He ran toward the glowing sight for several miles. His curiosity got the better of him. He thought that it was some sort of energon that was overlooked for many years. He intended to find out what it was exactly.

As he arrived at the targeted location, he beheld a giant rocky hill that had a huge glowing circle in the center. The circle also appeared to be a portal. He walked toward it and attempted to touch it. “What is this? Is it energon of some kind? How come neither I, Optimus, nor any of the other Autobots discovered this before?” he wondered.

As soon as he touched it, the circle glowed brightly and started to pull Grimlock into it. He tried to resist the gravitational pull with all his might, but his strength was unable to assist him. He was pulled into the golden-colored circle/portal while he yelled.

Grimlock awoke in a small island where the portal took him. He looked around and saw that he was surrounded by trees. He got on his feet and rushed toward the ocean. As he fixed his sight on the ocean and noticing the boats in a distance and the strange bipedal creatures, with no fur, riding on them. He then realized he was not in Equestria anymore. He was in a different planet.

“WHERE, IN THE NAME OF PRIMUS, AM I?!” Grimlock shouted in shock.