• Published 9th Nov 2019
  • 719 Views, 4 Comments

A Journey of Two Apples - onekface



Applejack is conflicted with her feelings for her brother

  • ...
2
 4
 719

Resolution

Chapter 5: Resolution

(Sweet Apple Acres)

Applejack can’t really recall much of last night. Not that she really wanted to anyway. The only thing that was clear was that she came home crying with a broken heart and fell right asleep the moment she hit her bed. After that… nothing.

When morning finally came, the pony had little desire to leave her bed. Normally she’d be out at the farm at the crack of dawn. But today… she barely had enough energy to turn her head around.

But she knew she couldn’t stay in bed forever. Granny would pour a bucket of water over her if she did. There were no lazybones in the apple family. Not while she was around.

After forcing herself up from her bed, Applejack hoofed on down to the dining room where Apple Bloom was already gorging half of her breakfast with a wide-eyed smile on her face.

“Morning Applejack.” She greeted. “How’s my favorite big sis?”

“Meh…” The older apple grumbled annoyingly which thankfully Apple Bloom didn’t catch on. She quietly took a seat opposite of her expecting a nice quiet morning. Granny was probably still asleep, but that wasn’t anything new. The daily newspaper didn’t even seem to have anything of interest. It was just the same old news on the same old things. Applejack couldn’t believe that she would have any desire for some villain to show up and wreak havoc upon the ponies. It wasn’t until she glanced sideway till she noticed Apple Bloom smiling expectantly on her. “Why are you looking at me like that?”

“What do you mean why?” She exclaimed. “Your date last night! Tell me all about it!”

Oh right… the date.

“Eh… it was fine – I guess.”

“And?”

“And what?”

Apple Bloom groaned. “What else!? What’s his name? What did you two do? How was he like? Was he funny? What’s his cutie mark like? Where is he from?”

“Whoa easy there Sugar Cube. One question at a time. He’s… nice. His name is Advocat. He runs a vineyard on the other side of Ponyville… and uh… nothing else.”

“Oh come on big sis. That ain’t fair. This is your first ever date I ever saw you in. You gotta give me a little more.”

“Well there really isn’t much else to say. He’s… nice.”

The little apple slammed her face onto her food. “Did you at least kiss?”

“What!? No!”

“Booo…” Apple Bloom grumpily took another bite off her food. “You’re no fun.”

“You can’t expect all dates to be like in your story books sweetie. Life just doesn’t work that way.”

“What’s this about dates?” Granny Smith inquired startling the two.

“Granny? What are you doing up so early?”

“Early? It’s almost noon you lazy deviant.” The old pony pointed out. Has it been that long? She was sure that it was still morning. Maybe she was still out of it. “Now what’s this I hear about you goin on dates?”

“Applejack is looking for a Special-Somepony!”

“Apple Bloom!”

“What?” The little one acted innocently enough. “Granny asked.”

“What did I tell you about telling other ponies about my outing?”

“To not tell Big Mac.” Ah… right. Damn this clever little foal. “You never said anything about not telling Granny about your big date.” Applejack face-hoof herself.

“Ooooh! Big date huh?” Granny Smith’s eyes sparkled. “That would explain why you’ve been coming back late these last few nights. And here I thought you were off getting your hide in trouble.” Oh dear Celestia, not this. “Soooo~~ Who’s this lucky pony? Got a name to share?”

“I don’t really think…”

“His name is Advocat! He and big sis went on a date last night together on a fancy restaurant. It was super romantic with food – oh! And he brought flowers.”

“Oooh? Flowers you say. Now that’s a classic.” Granny teased as her grin widened. “Hmm… Advocat. I think I’ve heard that name before. He wouldn’t happen to be the son of Chartreuse? The owner of that super famous vineyard?”

Applejack blinked. “You know’em?”

“Know’em?” She laughed. “I’ve been friends with those folks back in my days. Why I used to buy their famous vintage every season. That was until their bad harvest thirty years ago. Glad to know they’re still doing ok. Hmm… I heard rumors that Advocat was quite the looker.”

“Oh he is!” Apple Bloom vouched on that rumor. “He was really handsome. He has the brightest brown eyes and the mane to match. But Scootaloo didn’t see much on him so we split the point 7 over 10.”

“A good score for someone you just met.” Granny Smith admitted much to Applejack’s dismay. “You should definitely bring him over for dinner. One taste of our apples and he’ll be hooked to you like one of Goldie’s cats.”

“A little too early for that kind of thing, ain’t it granny?”

“Hmmm… you’re right.” Oh thank god she still had some logic in that old brain of hers. “We should invite their whole family! It’ll be a good get-together with the Grapes.” Nope. Never mind. “I can whip up some of my old recipes. I wonder if Opal is still with them. She did love my daisy burger.”

Applejack rolled her eye in return. “You’re just doing this to tick me off, ain’t ya?”

“Meh. Partly.” She admitted once more. “But let me have this. It’s not every day I get to embarrass my own grandkids of their love life. And Apple Bloom is still years away for that to happen.”

“Hey!”

“Anywho… why don’t you tell us more about this date of yours? What did you two do? Did you hold hooves? Did you kiss?”

“What is it with everypony and kissing? There’s more to a date than kissing, you know?”

“Ahuh. But that’s the best part!” Granny reasoned. “That first passionate moment when you snuggle up and just lock lips with the love of your life. It’s one of the best feeling you can ever experience in life kiddo. I should know. My first one was…”

“Na nanananananana! I can’t hear you!” The two little apples hastily covered their ears before they bleed.

“Pfft. Kids these days don’t appreciate a good story. Speaking of stories… where’s brunch? I’m getting hungry.”

“Got it.” Apple Bloom answered pulling a plateful of pancakes from the rack. “Big Mac made it this morning. He got up bright and early and made a whole batch.” The aroma practically filled the kitchen as she brought it over to the table.

“Hoowey. That smells delicious.” And it did. It truly did. But why did it look so foul in her eyes? Normally Big Mac’s cooking would make anypony whet their appetite but today… just knowing that he made it made Applejack feel sick to the stomach. “Something wrong kiddo?”

“N… no.” That was a lie but they didn’t really know it. “I’m not really feeling all that hungry right now. I think I’d better do my chores first. Food taste better when you’re tired, right?” She quickly plopped from her chair. But before she could reach for the door, it opened up revealing Big Mac on the other side.

The stinking musk and the sweat on his brow were all evident of his work in the farm. His feet were thick with soil and his whole body covered in dirt.

“Hey.” The big guy greeted happily to his little sister, a bright sunny smile on his face. “Morning AJ.”

“Yeah. Morning.” She answered grumpily while he stood there expecting something. “Mind moving aside? I can’t get out if you keep standing there.” He noted and quickly stepped aside.

“Oh AJ. I’ve been thinking about that job with Grand…”

“Not now Big Mac.” She interjected, not really wanting to hear it.

“Where are you going?” Big Mac asked.

“My chores. Like I always do?”

“Oh I can help.”

“I’m fine.” She declined his offer. “I can do it myself.”

“But your leg.”

“I said I’m fine!” She yelled, startling Apple Bloom and Granny Smith from their meals. “I don’t need you coddling me like some kind of invalid!”

“B… but I just want to help…”

“Well I don’t need your darn help!” She was angry. Furious even. The emotions swirling inside of her ran violently like a torrent of potions bubbling, changing from jealousy, irritation, annoyance and then anger. “You should keep your nose to yourself and talk less just like you did before! If I want your help, I’ll ask for it! If you really want to help someone then why don’t you just go and find your girlfriend instead!?”

Her words stabbed the boy like daggers. He looked back confused and frightened at the same time unable to process what was happening. And before he could reply, his sister departed towards the orchard leaving him in a stunned silence.

“What was biting her apples?”

“Big Mac? Are you ok?” Apple Bloom asked, looking slightly shaken by that sudden outburst. “Why was big sis so angry? Did you do something?”

“Nope.”

“I’ve never seen her so ticked off before. But… I don’t understand. She was quite happy yesterday too. Could you have done something to make her mad without you knowing?”

“No…pe.” He sighed. “Maybe… we’re just… growing apart.” The big guy groaned as he trotted back to his home, saddened.

“Well whatever it was, it rightly spoiled my meal.” Granny Smith scoffed. “Kids these days. Don’t even have any respect for a proper meal. It’s a wonder how this far is still standing.”

“Say Granny.” The sad red stallion called out. “About that job with Grand Pear…”

xxxxxxxxxx

Stupid Big Mac. Always trying to stick his nose where it didn’t belong. Her leg injury was fine. He didn’t have to treat it like she had the darn plague. Who was he to just mossy in like that? She’s a strong independent pony who can handle herself in any situation. She can kick a villain’s behind to the other side of Equestria with one hoof tied behind her back. Big Mac can just beat it.

But yelling at him like that in front of the folks was probably not the best reaction.

Ugh! This is so confusing! Why is she even angry in the first place? Was she just cranky because she just woke up on the wrong side of the bed or was it because her brother found himself another girlfriend?

Maybe a few practice kick on the orchard will take her mind off this whole debacle. She needed to clear her head. And the last thing she wanted to see was another… goh!

“Whoa there.” Applejack recoiled and landed on her bad leg causing her to slip and nearly fall if it wasn’t for the large stallion’s quick reaction. “You should really watch where you’re going there, little lady.”

“Yeah. Sorry. I wasn’t looking and just… Advocat!?” She recognized the stallion’s face instantly. “Wh wh wh what are you doing here?”

The handsome pony smiled back sweetly as he replied. “Well I was taking a stroll this afternoon in town. But then I saw your farm just ol’yonder and thought that I’d take up that tour you were offering yesterday.”

Tour? Did she offer a tour? She probably did but she can’t seem to remember much about the date after Pinkie and Discord dropped the bomb on them. She’ll took a mental note to get them back later on this.

“Is… this a bad time?” Advocat questioned when he noted her pained face.

“What? No! I mean… yes? Maybe?” She forced a smile trying her best not to make it look awkward. “It’s just that… the apples are coming out yet so there really isn’t much to show other than the pig pen and the carrot field. I kinda just said that as an offer for the future, you know?”

“Ah… I see.” He accepted that excuse harmlessly enough. “I can understand that. Well if you’re free right now… why don’t you come to the vineyard instead? I’d totally love to show you our harvest. You’ll be amazed at the juice selection we’re making.” He paused. “Unless of course you’re too busy.”

Was she busy today? She did have her chores to do after all. And she did have to go and apologize. Perhaps she’ll just have to reschedule and…

“Nope. Free as a bird.”

… nope. Never mind.

(Fluttershy’s residence)

Fluttershy let out a yawn as she finished dusting her home. It was a nice quiet afternoon. And judging from the bright blue sky out her window, it was going to be a perfect day just to stay indoors and relax. It was going to be calm and serene, just the way she liked it.

That was until a knock on the door shook her home to its roots.

“Open up Fluttershy! We know you’re in there!”

“Pinkie darling. Manners.”

“Oh… sorry.” She knocked again but this time even louder. Probably using a battering ram at this point. “This is the Pony Police! Come out with your hooves up! Pretty please?”

“Oh for the love of…” Twilight’s grunting voice took over as she knocked. “Fluttershy. It’s me, Twilight. Are you in here?”

Finally calming down from the earlier shock the Pegasus gently answered, making sure that Pinkie wasn’t gonna just charge in with a lance. Rarity and Twilight were there while Rainbow Dash hovered just above them. Pinkie obviously was hanging by her home’s tree branch.

“Oh. Why hello there friends. What are you all doing here on this lovely afternoon?”

“Hey Fluttershy.” Twilight greeted back, looking somewhat nervous. “Mind if we come in? We need to talk.” That didn’t sound ominous at all.

“Oh of course.” She permitted it and gently closed the door behind them. They stood by the center of the living room all innocently enough though looking a bit fidgety. “So what seems to be the problem? Did something bad happen?”

“I don’t know.” Rainbow Dash thrust her hoof accusingly at her. “Why don’t you ask the elephant in the room?”

“Elephant?” Fluttershy scanned her room. “I don’t think there are any elephants here.”

“She’s talking about you!” Twilight explained much to her shock.

“Me? What did I do?”

“Pretty much the biggest blunder ever.” Rarity put her two bits in. “What in the world were you thinking?”

Fluttershy stepped back, shaken by the multitude of accusations thrown at her. “I’m… sorry? But what was it that I did that was so horrible.”

“Really?” Twilight challenged. “Why don’t you take a wild guess?”

The said Pegasus thought deeply before answering. “Did I forget your birthday?”

“Wrong!”

“Oh… um… did I forget our… friendiversary?” Their faces didn’t really gave much confidence.

“I’ll give you a hint.” Rainbow Dash added. “A romantic evening, a stroll in the park and lovely food.” Those were three hints but no one was going to correct her there.

“A romantic evening, a stroll in the park… and food? Oh! Was there a party I didn’t know about?” The gang, excluding Pinkie slapped their faces. “No?”

“Your date with Big Mac!” Twilight snapped. “Does that ring a bell?”

“Date?” Fluttershy’s head tilted sideway, confused. “I don’t remember any da…”

“Don’t push it, sister!” Pinkie shoved her hoof at the suspect’s nose giving out a bad-cop vibe. “We know exactly what you did. There’s no used hiding it!” She pulled out a desk lamp from thin air and directed it at her. “We know where you live…”

But Twilight quickly shooed her away with her magic before she spoke. “Fluttershy. You had a date with Big Mac. Pinkie and Discord both saw you.”

“With pictures!”

“Pinkie, hush!”

“Just saying…”

But Fluttershy remained oblivious. “I’m so sorry Twilight, but I don’t know what you mean. It’s true that I was with Big Mac last night but we didn’t go on a date.”

“You went to the restaurant near the town hall. A famous place for a romantic evening.” Rarity pointed out. “And you say it’s not a date?”

“Well it is my favorite restaurant.” Fluttershy replied innocently enough. “It’s the few places where they allow other animals in. I take my friends there at least once a month. They have the best carrot soup in all of Ponyville.”

“And you don’t find that wrong at all!?” Twilight snapped.

“The soup?”

“NO! Going out with Big Mac!”

“Come on girl!” Rainbow Dash added, dragging her hoof down her face. “I might not know much about this whole dating stuff but even I know how that turned out.”

“I assure you girls. I am certainly not dating Big Mac. I would never do such a thing to Applejack, especially with her feelings right now. That would be just wrong.”

Twilight’s face began to twitch. There was such a thing as ignorance but this was just plain brain-dead!

“Ok. Let’s try this again.” She stated piece by piece, calmly and coolly. “You… and Big Mac… went to a restaurant, he was wearing a fancy suit.”

“Oh yes. Very fancy.”

“Yes. You had dinner together… in a romantic restaurant together, he gave you flowers.”

“He did. It was very sweet of him.”

“You had a great time together… and then… he walked you home through the night sky. TOGETHER!”

“And very peaceful.”

“AND YOU DON’T SEE ANYTHING WRONG WITH THIS!? AT ALL!?”

“Oh come now Twilight.” Fluttershy shrugged. “I guarantee you that it wasn’t a date at all. We were just two friends, enjoying a lovely evening, alone together on a beautiful night while having a great time with one another.” Then suddenly the image slammed her like a hammer when she thought about what she just said. “I just described a date, didn’t I?”

“YES!” They all cheered with a sigh of relief. “Finally!”

“Oh no.” Fluttershy began to panic, tapping her hooves on the floor. “No no no no no no no. This isn’t good.” She glanced over to her friends. “You guys wouldn’t have told… Applejack about this, would you?”

They glanced at one another before Twilight answered. “She already knows.”

“Eeeeep!” The soft spoken pony screamed. “But but but… it wasn’t a date! I swear! It’s just that Big Mac came to me and he was so sad and I didn’t want him to leave with a frown.”

“So your plan was to take him on a date?”

“No! Of course not. I just wanted to cheer him up. All my friends looked really happy when I took them there.” Her animal companions nodded back in agreement. “I swear, there’s nothing between me and Big Mac. We’re just friends.”

“It’s a shame Applejack doesn’t know that.” Rarity groaned shaking her head in distraught.

“How did she take it?”

“How do you think? She was crushed!”

“Devastated!” Pinkie added. “Her heart ripped in two! Her soul torn! She’s gone stone cold, sister!”

Twilight’s eye rolled. “Not exactly the words I would use but… yeah.”

“Oh no no no no no!” Fluttershy hopped from the ground in fright. “I need to go find her and clear this misunderstanding quickly.”

“She’s probably at the farm at this time. Let’s go!” Without another word the gang quickly bolted through the door making haste to their friend.

(Sweet Apple Acres)

Granny Smith nearly lost her teeth when the Mane 5 burst through her door like a flood of ponies trying to squeeze through that small hole. They pushed and pushed until they finally managed to get through, their bodies crashing on the floor in a fine comical manner.

“What in the world is going on?” She asked, looking irritated when someone interrupted her meal. “You girls look like you’re in a hurry.”

“Granny Smith!” Twilight pulled out of the pile with an exhausted gasp. “Sorry to barge in like this. But we really need to speak with Applejack. Is she around? It’s urgent.”

“Nope.” She answered plainly much to their surprise. “She left this afternoon.”

“For where?”

“No clue. Said she needed to clear her head or something.” The Mane 5 glanced at one another which sparked Granny’s curiosity. “She ain’t in trouble, is she?”

“No ma’am. But it’s really important that we find her.” Twilight quickly turned to her friends for a strategy meeting. “Alright. Where does Applejack go when she wants to be alone?”

“The orchard!” Rainbow Dash stated.

“Or the lake.” Rarity added.

“Or the cake shop!” Pinkie said. “I always go there whenever I need to unwind or gather my thoughts. Which isn’t really a lot, considering that I’m eating most of the time.”

“That’s still a lot of ground to cover.” The Alicorn groaned. “Let’s split up for now. Rarity, Fluttershy and Pinkie, you three search the town. Dash and I will head to the skies and see if we can spot her. Come on girls. We need to do this before things get out of hoof.”

With an invisible nod, the gang quickly saw themselves out leaving Granny Smith behind with a puzzled expression. “Well that was the shortest and strangest visit I’ve ever had.”

(Grape Grape Vineyard)

Applejack let out a sigh. Why did this have to happen? She always thought of herself as a sensible pony. Someone who wouldn’t do anything out of the ordinary like all the other ponies in Equestria. She once thought that she’d end up like her parents one day. Grow up to a fine mare, find a pony to settle down with, have foals and fillies of her own and tend to the farm till she gets enough wrinkles to match Granny. Never in her life did she think that her heart would settle for that oaf she calls a brother.

Maybe she was sick? Maybe there was a spell cast over her. Did Starlight put another charm on her? That sounds like something she’d do – or maybe it was Discord? Maybe he decided to put a spell on her just for laughs? But… no that wouldn’t be right.

“Applejack? You listening?”

“Huh what?” She looked up noting her date giving her a worried glance. “Sorry. You were saying something?”

“I was gonna ask you to watch your step.” He gestured to her hooves which she just realized, was dipped in fertilizer. She looked behind her noticing a trail she made and the working pony who was giving her the stink eye. No doubt he was gonna be the one to clean that up.

“Oh… uh… oops?”

“Are you ok?” The tall stallion asked. “You seem a little… distracted.”

“I’m fine.” She forced out a smile. “I was just… amazed with your vineyard.” And surprisingly enough that was somewhat truthful too.

Applejack had crossed the front of the vineyard a hundred times over, maybe even thousands of times already even when she was a foal, but she never once actually saw the inside of the compound. She never really had much of a reason to. It’s always just been a background cover for her. Like a place for sightseeing and such. And it’s not like she developed any interest in grapes in the last few years.

The vineyard itself wasn’t as big as Sweet Apple Acres but it was just as majestic. Giant round purple fruit bore over the leaves looking so plump that even Rarity would go green with envy. There were over a dozen workers there all tending to the field and another dozen dancing over large barrels, squeezing the juice out which then flows over to the barrels and then stored in the largest looking barn she ever saw.

“Well it is amazing.” Advocat admitted with a slightly bragging tone. “This whole place was built by my great-great-great-great-great double-great grand pappy, Grape Root Senior. He came to this town with nothing but the clothes on his back, a dream and a few seeds to his name. After he took out a loan from the bank he took those seeds and made the first ever vineyard in Ponyville. His grandson, Grape Root Jr. took reign over this place and expanded it. And it became the dominant supplier of grape juice on the west coast of Equestria.”

“That’s… kind of impressive actually.”

“Yup. And wait till I show you our juice mixer! It’s the bestest thing ever!”

He took her over to the large building at the center where it looked like one of those fancy restaurants with a clean wide table on the side connected to a giant machine with a multitude of pipes with liquid moving inside of them and gears sticking out of it.

“Whala! My family’s latest invention. The Juicer Maximizer 1000!” He declared proudly. “It has over 15 functions, temperature control to keep the grape in perfect climate, all put together for the pleasure of our taste buds.”

“Ahuh… so what’s the 1000 stand for?”

He opened his mouth to answer but nothing came. “Huh… I have absolutely no idea. But hey, you should try one. I’m telling ya, the flavor this thing churns out is out of this world!” Maybe because the thing looked more like a sentient alien weaponry that could probably dominate all life in Equestria? “Or at the very least it can stop that heartache you’re going through.”

“Yeah… most likely – ah what?”

“Your heartache.” He repeated.

“I’m not having a heartache.”

“Applejack. You’ve been groaning and sighing the whole time we were on the road.” Advocat grinned. “I might be ignorant on love but even I can tell when a pony isn’t having a good time.”

She tried to counter but found her words dry and useless. With a defeated sigh, she submitted. “Is it… that obvious?”

The stallion shrugged. “You’ve got the look of a pony who just got her heart ripped out and thrown into the wind. I should know. My aunt had the same look.” He shuddered. “It was not pretty.”

“Sorry. I didn’t mean for things to go like this.” She rubbed her legs shyly. “You’re a really nice guy Advocat. And in any other day, I probably wouldn’t mind going out with you. It’s just that…”

“You have another pony in mind, don’t you?”

Applejack’s cheeks flushed. “H… how did you…?”

“I could tell even from our date last night.” He explained. “You had this dozy look about you – like you weren’t all there – and you wanted to be somewhere else.”

“So… that obvious huh?”

“Well… maybe a little bit.” He smiled softly despite looking a little dejected. “From the look of your face, I’m guessing you already had your heart reserved for someone else. Someone really special. And you don’t want anyone getting near it until that day comes.”

She nodded back, her head hanging low. “Yeah… but it’s never gonna happen.”

“Why not?”

“Because he’s…” The little cowgirl sighed. What she could even say? That she was totally smitten by her own sibling? “It’s just…”

“Complicated?”

“Yeah…” She chuckled. “It’s really complicated.”

“Oh…” Advocat bobbed his head before signaling to one of the workers to pour them a mug of juice. “Well, have you at least told him how you feel?”

“I would, if I didn’t know he’d say no.”

“Well how would you know?”

“Because he’s…” She groaned. “We’re not really… like that.”

“So you’re just friends right now?”

“Something like that.” Her laugh was dry as her throat. “He ain’t exactly much of a talker. Sometimes I don’t really know what he’s thinking.”

“But does he care about you?” Advocat asked, offering a second mug which she accepted.

“A lot.” Very much so. “Almost too much sometimes.”

“Then I don’t what the problem is.” Of course you wouldn’t. “I mean you like him and he cares about you. I don’t see how he’d say no.”

“You wouldn’t understand.”

Of that he agreed. “Well I’m probably not the exact pony who would know anything about love. I mean… I have a hard time finding a date for myself already. But I know for a fact that you love this pony more than life itself. And you certainly can’t get over him. Not until you face your fears.”

“Ha! Yeah right. And what would you have me do? Go up to him and tell him my feelings straight up like a damsel?”

“My pappy always say that the direct way is the fastest way.”

“So you want me to go up to this guy, tell him how I feel and get my heart broken into a million pieces?” She said in a deadpan tone, gulping her mug away. “No offense but that doesn’t sound like something I look forward to.”

“Well you won’t know until you try.” He took a sip from his mug before continuing. “Besides… would you rather have him fall for some other pony?” No. At least… she didn’t want Big Mac to. Just the thought of him getting together with another mare just made her gut wrench up tighter than a corkscrew. And that just made her feel worse. “Then I guess you have your answer.”

“That’s easy for you to say. You don’t exactly have a girlfriend either.” She flinched back from that statement. “Sorry. I guess I’m in the same boat.”

“Look Applejack.” He sighed. “I don’t rightly know what you’re going through. But what I do know is that you need to find this lucky stallion and tell him how you feel. If you want to let go of that feeling, then you have to be honest with yourself. I’d rather get my answer than to regret that I never even tried.”

Regret.

Could she live with it? Could a life with Big Mac be even possible?

Realization struck her like a brick – or maybe that was the juice. But either way, he was right.

“Gosh darn it. You’re right. You’re… you’re absolutely right!” She shouted out loud earning a glance from the other workers in the room. “You’re right Advocat. I should tell him! Win or lose, I need to hear the answer from his mouth. I’ve never been afraid of a challenge before and I won’t back out from one now.” She pranced on the ground for a moment, darting between the stallion and the exit. “I’m uh… really sorry about all of this Advocat. You’re a really nice guy and all that but…”

“Say no more.” He stopped her. “I completely understand. Now go.” With a final thank you, she bolted off ignoring the workers she nearly crashed onto. “I really need to stop giving people advice.”

xxxxxxxxxx

Applejack ran. She ran as fast as her hooves could take her. She tried to avoid the ponies in her way, despite most of them calling out to her to slow down.

“Hey easy there!”

“Watch where you’re going!”

But she didn’t care. Nothing mattered at this point. There whining and complaining can all just be background noise. That pony had but a single desire and that was to follow her heart. How could she have been so blind? So deaf? Her whole body screamed of this pact and denying it only made that desire stronger.

It didn’t matter anymore if it was wrong, immoral or indecent. Forget the rules, forget the law. She was going to Big Mac and rip this band-aid as quickly as possible. To hell or high waters, she will get an answer.

“Applejack!” Twilight’s voice cut through the crowd as she glided to her side. “There you are! We’ve been looking all over for you!”

“Can’t talk right now Twi. I’m in the middle of something important.”

“I know. But this is also important. We…”

“Hey AJ!” Rainbow Dash flew in matching speed. “Slow down. We need to talk.”

“Can’t talk. Must. Get. Back.” The little apple hoofed it, taking a breath with every gallop.

“Yeah sure. We know you got things to do. But this is kind of a big deal.”

“Then I’ll deal with it later.”

“Applejack!” Another voice chimed in from the cake shop. “Hey guys! I found Applejack! Hey! Wait for us!”

“Applejack!” Soon enough all her friends came along, all hoofing at her pace.

“Applejack. Please wait!”

The next voice caught the cowgirl’s attention prompting her to tilt her head to the side, still not stopping. “Fluttershy? What are you…”

“I know you’re angry. But I can explain.” The soft spoken pony opened up, forgetting for a moment that she actually had wings to fly on. “What happened last night between me and Big Mac wasn’t what I intended. It wasn’t a date.” She noted the glare coming from her other friends. “Ok maybe it was a date. But it wasn’t intentional.

Applejack’s face lit up. “But I thought you two were having a good time?”

“I know. And we did. But it wasn’t anything romantic. It was just a simple outing.”

Her tears was the final stroke she needed to finally hit the brakes. Pinkie on the other hand kept galloping till she hit a wall. “So… wait. Does that mean you aren’t going out with Big Mac?”

“No!” She pleaded. “It was just an outing. I know that it must’ve looked like a date to all of you, but it wasn’t. I simply wanted to cheer him up. Big Mac was so worried about you and he looked so sad. I didn’t intend for it to mean anything.”

“So… it was all just some silly nonsense?”

“Yes. I swear Applejack. I would never do anything like that. I would never hurt you in anyway. Please you have to believe me.” Fluttershy cried a river as she begged her friend back. Please don’t hate me.”

“Fluttershy…” Applejack felt like an idiot for overthinking this. She was a jerk to both her brother and her friend. She took one look at some photo some Lord of Chaos showed them and just assumed the worst. If anything she was tricked. With a heavy sigh, she held the crying pony’s shoulder and smiled. “I’m not mad at you Sugar Cube. If anything I should probably be mad at myself for assuming you two were going out. I’m sorry I had you all riled. All of you.” She directed that last part at everyone. “I’m sorry for letting you all go through this because of me. And for that, I have to set things right.”

Twilight’s brow rose. “What are you planning to do?”

“What I should’ve done from the start!” She shouted. “I’m going to find Big Mac and tell him once and for all how I really feel!” And without even waiting, she rushed off once again with her friends trailing behind her.

“Darling. Are you sure this is right course?” Rarity questioned, keeping pace and avoiding the mud puddles everywhere. “Wasn’t the plan to get her over her brother? What if he… well… doesn’t take it well?”

“Then I’ll just have to live with it.” Applejack replied, determination forced on her heart. “I’ll have said my piece and that’s that. Better to go for broke than to live the rest of my life with this ache.”

“Well… whatever it is you plan to do. We’re all with you.” Twilight approved. “Right girls? Eh? Where’s Pinkie?” Rainbow Dash pointed over where the pinkette fell which wasn’t far.

“I’ll get her.”

(Sweet Apple Acres)

Apple Bloom gave a sign of approval as she put the final nail onto the door. It only took a few hours with Granny’s help but it was worth it. They even added an extra inch on the doggy door. Now Winona will be able to slide through without having her tail getting stuck in the edges. Not to mention that the whole front lawn looked better than ever. Setting down her hammer, the little apple decided to finish off her brunch for a job well done.

But the moment she took a nibble off her plate, the door burst open with a tumbleweed of ponies crashing in.

“Ah… dagnamit. Maybe we should’ve slowed down.”

“Big sis?” Apple Bloom tilted her head in question. “What’s the matter? Why are you and your friends crashing down the door?”

“Sorry Sugar Cube. Can’t really talk right now. I need to speak with Big Mac.”

“Big Mac? Well actually…”

“Big Mac!” She ignored Apple Bloom and quickly headed upstairs. “Big Mac! Come on out. I need to talk to ya!” But strangely enough there was no reply. The big lug was always ready whenever she called for him. “Big Mac? Big Mac!”

“Applejack. He’s not…”

“Not now Apple Bloom. Big Mac! Where are ya!?” The rest of the gang followed suit calling out for that big red stallion like they were doing a turkey call. “Big Mac!”

It went on for a whole minute before Granny came in. “What’s with all the yelling and the hollering!? Some of us are trying to work around here!”

“Granny!” Applejack hollered to her. “Sorry for running off but I really need to talk with Big Mac. It’s kind of important. Do you know where he is?”

Granny Smith seemed taken aback by her desperation but answered her anyway. “Well if you’re looking for him then you probably just missed him. He’s gone.”

“Gone!?” The Mane 6 gasped.

“What do you mean gone, Granny?”

“Stalliotopolis.” Apple Bloom explained finally earning their attention. “He took that job running Grand Pear’s farm.”

“WHAT!?” Applejack choked. “Why!? When?”

“Just right after you had your fight. He said something about giving space between you two. He left for the station hours ago.”

No…

“No no no no no no! NO!” She held her curses in as she stomped on the floor. “This is all my fault. I did this and now… I’ve just gone and done it!”

“Control yourself Applejack!” Rarity snapped the girl out of her rut. “This isn’t the time for self-pity! There might still be time. We can probably catch him at the station, if we hurry!”

Twilight agreed. “Rarity’s right. It’s too early to give up now. If my memory is correct, the next train is scheduled to leave in… fifteen minutes. We can still get there!”

“Across Ponyville?” Pinkie seemed skeptic. “That’s gonna be a long hoof.”

“Not if we use our heads.” The Alicorn turned over to her blue furred friend. “Rainbow Dash, can you fly on ahead and stall the conductor? It’ll buy us some time. Or maybe even find Big Mac and tell him to come back.”

“Way ahead of you!” She flew off immediately without another word.

“Come on girls. We can still make it!”

(Train station)

“For the last time little miss: There is no one on board this train named Big Mac.” The station conductor practically berated at Rainbow Dash for what felt like the hundredth time.

“Well then you’re wrong!” Rainbow countered back. “Check again. Because I know that he is on this train!”

“I have worked this ticket booth for 10 years!” The Earth Pony rebuked. “I have never… and I mean NEVER missed a name. And I am telling you now, your friend isn’t on this train. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to finish my inspection. We’re already behind schedule and I don’t need any more delays.”

“Then at least let me check inside before you leave!”

“Absolutely not. No tickets – no ride. B’sides, you already got them wings. Might as well use’em” The pony excused himself brushing her off rudely.

“Oh for the love of Celestia…” She held her curse back when she noted her friends coming. “Finally! I thought you were coming next century.”

“Sorry. We came… as fast… as we could.” Twilight panted. “But the train is still here. That’s good. Right? Where’s Big Mac?”

“I don’t know. I’ve been calling out to him but I got no reply. It’s not like the guy talks much anyway.”

“Well, have you looked inside the train?”

“I want to. But this guy here keeps saying…”

“No ticket – no ride!” The conductor finished with a huff.

Twilight took a breath. She expected this kind of resistance from the conductor. After all, he’s been in this business far longer than most ponies.

“Excuse us sir. But do you mind if we took a quick look just in case? Our friend is heading off and we wanted to say our goodbyes before he left. We wouldn’t take long. Just a few minutes.”

The conductor groaned once more. “And I’ll tell you what I told your friend again. Once everyone’s aboard, they don’t come out less they want to.”

“But it’s really important.” She pleaded back. “He’s heading off to Stalliotopolis and we might not see him for weeks if not months.”

“Look. When I say he ain’t here, then he ain’t… wait…” He paused as if struck with realization. “Where did you say he was heading to again?”

“Stalliotopolis.”

A crooked smile bore on his face when he replied. “Well that explains it. This here train is heading over to Yakyakistan. Totally different route, little lady.”

“It is!?” She gawked. “Then… this train isn’t going to the big city?”

“Nope. If you girls are looking for the Stalliotopolis Express, it left the station hours ago. Didn’t take a lot of passengers either. It’s probably long gone by now.” Applejack’s face froze at that moment. “But if you want to catch up to it, the next train is coming in an hour. It’ll have to go through a few detours here and there but you should be able to catch up to your friend in about… oh I don’t know – a day? Maybe two if you’re lucky.”

“Two whole days!?”

“That’s what I said. Now if there’s nothing else, I need to get this train moving. We’re already two minutes behind schedule.” Without another word, the conductor hastily blew his whistle signaling the train to depart.

The smoke from the engine puffed away blinding the Mane 6 as they watched it go further and further into the distance. No words were said amongst them. Only a deep sense of sadness for the cowgirl as her body slumped to the ground in regret. She was too late. Far far… too late.

“Oh Applejack… dear. I’m so sorry.”

“It… it ain’t your fault.” The saddened Earth Pony stifled a sob though the tears wouldn’t stop. “It’s mine.” Fluttershy wanted to speak but couldn’t find the words within. She could only hug her friend to ease her pain. “I shouldn’t have pushed him away.”

Even Pinkie Pie who always had a happy smile on her face dropped to a frown. She kept silent but gave a supporting smile either way.

“Hey that’s quitter talk!” Rainbow Dash protested, already flapping her wings at the first sign of approval. “We can still beat this! I can fly over to the train and grab Big Mac and bring him back here.”

“That’s a lot of ground to cover Rainbow Dash.” Twilight reasoned. “That train runs on an engine. And unlike you, it doesn’t need sleep or gets tired.”

“Then I’ll fly to Stalliowhatalis and ambush him there! Tell him to come back!”

“We don’t even know where their farm is and Stalliotopolis is a huge city. Not to mention that it’s a week travel from here. It doesn’t matter how fast you are. Getting there from here is simply too difficult even for all of us.”

“Then we’ll catch the next one! Hey Mister!” She shoved her face over to the conductor. “When’s the next express train to Stallialopartolis or whatever it’s called?”

“It’s Stalliotopolis.” He corrected, rudely pushing her away. “And if you must know, that train only stops here on the weekends. So you’re out of luck sister. But if you want, I can reserve you a ticket at a discounted price.” Her groan and bitter expression stated that she wasn’t interested.

“Forget it Rainbow Dash. It’s not happening.”

“But we can’t just give up!”

“No, she right RD.” Applejack spoke up dishearteningly. “This whole thing wasn’t gonna happen.”

“But what about your confession? Your whole happiness thing?” Rainbow Dash berated. “You can’t just throw a curve ball and end it like this.”

“It has to.” She reasoned. “My Granny always say that there are just something that just ain’t meant to be. I’m guessing this is one of them. I had my chance to say my piece and I… I blew it. I pushed Big Mac away even when he was trying to help. This whole mess is on me.”

The whole tension that the gang had then suddenly deflated like an airbag. They huddled over their heartbroken friend muttering comforting words and taps on the back. It helped… but it couldn’t heal the emptiness in her soul.

xxxxxxxxxx

“So what now?” Twilight asked not really sure what to do next.

“I think I’ll head home.” Applejack sighed over exhaustingly. No doubt tired from all the galloping they had to do across town. “We did make quite the scene when we barged in like that. And I should probably fix that door we broke down too.”

“We’ll help.” Fluttershy added. “It’s the least we can do for you after all the trouble you’ve gone through.”

“Anything to help a friend.” Rainbow Dash nodded back which everyone chimed-in in agreement.

“Thanks guys. It’s a big help. Maybe a little labor can take my mind off this whole fiasco.”

“Hey, what are friends for?” Pinkie Pie added, forcing a comforting smile. Though she looked more confused on what to do. “Umm… I know I’m not really the best person when it comes to love and stuff. But… I know that a cupcake always make me feel better.” She ruffled through her main pulling out the said cupcake.

The cowgirl chuckled. “Thanks. But maybe later. Right now I just need some time to think things through. I’m really grateful for everything. You all really put up with me these last few days. I’ll be sure to pay you all back. That’s a promise.”

“I certainly hope so.” Rarity spoke. “Those reservations cost me a hypothetical hoof and a leg. I even wanted you to try on that dress I’ve been working on back at the boutique.”

“But I didn’t order any dress.”

“I was saving it for your next date, darling. It would so match your eyes.”

“Heh… well maybe next time. Just make sure it doesn’t nibble my tail like the last one.”

But their somber laugh was rudely interrupted by a seventh voice who gagged at their conversation.

“Oh for goodness sake. This is such a typical Friendship ending.” The Lord of Chaos magically poofed in front of them. “Don’t these scriptwriters have any imaginations whatsoever? It’s always the same with you ponies. You have a conflict, you debate and talk, you have a climactic moment and then you end the episode off with the power of ‘friendship’ ugh.” He waved his claws around producing a miniature rainbow. “How redundant.”

“What do you want now Discord?” Rainbow thrust her hoof at him accusingly. “Didn’t you cause enough damage already for one day?”

“Damage? Me? Why Rainbow Dash, I’m hurt.”

“Discord.” Fluttershy called out. “This really isn’t a good time right now. Applejack’s hurt on the inside. She needs time to heal. And I’m also still upset that you spied on me last night.”

“It was Pinkie’s idea. I was just along for the ride.” The Chimera said plainly, ignoring the pinkette’s annoying rant on the side. “Oh fibble-whiskers. And here I thought I could still pull a prank on you girls. But seeing you all solemn and content just takes the fun out of it.”

“You’re not pranking us.” Twilight threatened.

“Not with that attitude. Hmph.” He huffed back annoyingly. “Oh fine. I lied. I didn’t come to prank you. I actually have a surprise for you as a matter of fact.”

“We’re… not really in the mood for surprises, Discord.”

“Not even if it’s a good surprise?” With a chuckle and a wave of his claws the multi-limbed creature moved away revealing a familiar Red Stallion behind him.

A single look was all it took to recognize the figure. Though he may be wearing a new working outfit, that handsome mug was unmistakable. They gawk and gasp while Pinkie on the other hoof went coo-coo. It wasn’t an illusion, at least they didn’t think so. There wasn’t any magic lingering around here. But how was that possible? They were sure the big guy had already gone to the big city without a care in the world but he was here… standing before them with a puzzled goofy expression on his face.

“Big Mac!?” Applejack got out of her daze, her heart again beating and jumping to her throat. “Wha… what? How? I thought you were. Weren’t you… on the train?”

“Nope.” He answered back plainly and yet confused at the same time. “Sandwich.” He pulled out the said sandwich from his saddlebag as he explained.

Sandwich? THAT sandwich!?

There was another confusing pause before Discord decided to add some context. “I found this fella at the bakery earlier. And when he told me he was heading off to Stallibimapalopolis or something, I insisted that he stayed and play one last game of Ogres and Oubliettes for old time sakes. I let him win this time. You’re welcome by the way.” He then nonchalantly moved away giving room for the ponies.

It was quiet now. The gang simply had nothing to say or perhaps they were too shocked and surprised to say anything at all. And it would’ve stayed like that for hours if Big Mac didn’t break the ice.

“So…”

“Oh oh Big Mac!” Pinkie shouted, finally shedding off her confusion. “We’re so glad you’re here and not far far far away! We have so much to say, so much to ask! And Applejack heremphh!” The cupcake she had been holding was shoved into her mouth by Twilight’s magic before she could say more.

“Alright girls. I think we need to give them a moment of privacy.” Twilight gave a wink at Applejack as she hastily carried the others off.

“Oh come on!” Rainbow Dash whined, flapping her wings to fight back. “I wanna hear what they’re saying.”

“No no. This is a private matter. No other ponies allowed. Come along now.” The princess ignored their complaints and trotted towards the nearby tree that should be far enough to keep them from eavesdropping. “You too Discord.”

“Me? But I was the one who brought them together.” He slumped at her glare. “Fine. I’ll go. And just when things were getting interesting.”

……

………

Applejack’s heart began to race. It only took the silence for her to finally realize that it was only her and Big Mac who now stood by the road. They were alone at last. She couldn’t have hoped for a better situation and yet… she didn’t feel like she was ready. She didn’t mentally fortify herself for this. She knew that she was determined to speak her feelings, but that the time came, she felt the words clogged in her throat.

Damn it. Did everypony went through this when they had to confess their feelings to others? Did their hearts beat so fast that it felt like it just wanted to just leap out and dance? She was downright nervous gosh-darn it. Oh great, now her cheeks were turning red. She can practically feel them heating up right now. The cowgirl wrapped one leg over the other, trying to rub her own skin off.

“AJ?” Big Mac spoke up, taking a few steps forward, closing the distance between them. Was he always this tall or did he grow a few hoof taller when she was away? “You ok?”

Oh to heck with it all!

“I’m…” She opened her mouth but then found herself a loss of breath. “No. I’m not alright Big Mac. In fact… I’m far from it.” Her brother approached, brow furrowed worryingly. “I… wanted to say that… I’m sorry for this morning. Sorry for… yelling at ya. I know you’re mad. I wasn’t right in the head at the time, you see? It was all just… confused and angry at stupid things and took it out on you. You get me?”

“Nope.” Typical answer.

“Big Mac…” Applejack welled up inside. “Listen. I know this is gonna sound strange but… hear me out.” The big guy nodded wordlessly. “You and I have been together for a long time even after ma and pa passed away. And I don’t rightly know anypony else who could take your place. And… now that I think about it, I don’t want anypony to.” She shied away but forced herself to stand strong. “You’ve always been there for me Big Mac. Even when I didn’t want you too.”

“Eeyup.”

“What I mean to say is… I can’t picture my life without you beside me. And honestly… I don’t want to.” She locked her eyes with his, forcing herself in this confrontation. “I want to be with you… for the rest of my life.”

Big Mac’s eyes shot open. There was no mistaking those words. It was a proposal so cleverly hidden yet so plain to see. The little apple had brought her heart out to bear and offered it up with all the will she could muster.

A choking laugh escaped her as the last word finally left her mouth. “Heh… it sounds really weird after I said it. I must look like the craziest coo-coo apple you ever saw. You can… probably laugh now.” She sighed out her heart and closed her eyes bracing for his answer, whatever it may be.

Applejack had already pictured many endings for this scenario. All of them normally followed with some hilarious hijinks or something along the line of Pinkie’s crazy adventures. But when she felt his nose nuzzling against her mane, all those nightmarish scenes suddenly went up in a puff of cloud.

Her eyes shot up as she looked to her brother’s soft smile. “Big Mac?”

“I don’t think I can picture a life without you too.” Her mouth went agape as their eyes connected. That look on his face and those words alone made her body sizzle like it was on fire. She wanted to hop and scream but again they all choked inside her throat. “If I’m gonna spend my life with somepony – I’d choose you in a heartbeat.”

She placed her head on his mane, taking in the smell and rubbing her cheeks against it like it was the most comfortable pillow in all of Equestria. Her shoulders went limp as if a great weight lifted off.

“I… I don’t know what to say.” Applejack choked and sob, her happiness spilling over her eyes like an endless tide. “I didn’t think you’d…”

“Don’t cry.” Big Mac interrupted, wiping a teardrop from her chin. “I can’t promise how this’ll end but… I promise to still be here whenever you need me.”

“Heh… you big lug.” She threw in a punch which didn’t really seem to affect the big red stallion. “I guess you won’t be going to Grand Pear’s farm.”

“Oh I’m still going.”

“Wh… what?” She stuttered confused.

He nodded back as he explained. “I made a promise. Gonna help Grand Pear start up that new farm.”

“B… but you’ll be alone!”

“Eeyup. It’s gonna be quite lonely there. And a lot of work. Too much for one pony.” He eyed his sister back knowingly. “I could probably use somepony to help me out there. Keep me company. Someone who knows more about farm work than me.”

The words dawned on her. “Y… you want me… to be your partner?”

The boy smiled. “I wouldn’t have anypony else.”

Applejack’s face beamed like all her birthdays came together in one joyous celebration. Every cell in her body was telling her to jump for joy but she restrained it. If she let that part of her out to play, who knows what Pinkie would do.

“Well Big Mac. Looks like you got yourself a sweet deal.” They nuzzled with one another again, looking like the happiest couple in the world.

“HEY!” Rainbow called out from the distance with her friends eyeing expectantly. “Are you guys done yet? We’re dying over here!”

Applejack laughed and quickly signaled them to come back. The look on their faces practically screamed of scandals.

“So… what did you two talk about?” Twilight opened up, clearly holding back a long list of questions that she wanted to ask.

Pinkie on the other hoof, held nothing back. “Did you make plans already? Why were you crying!? We saw a lot of crying! Did she hurt your feelings? Did he say no? Yes? Maybe!? Tell us everything!”

“Yes. Please do.” Discord chimed in grinning creepily as he pulled out a notepad. “Don’t skim on the details either. I’m documenting this for future generations.”

“Well for starters, Big Mac and I decided to give this whole thing a shot.” The smaller apple explained plainly, not surprised of their bewildered reactions. “Yeah. I know. He surprised me too. But he was a real gentlepony on it.”

“Eeyup.”

“So… does this mean you two are a thing now?” Rarity asked, mentally shoving her other self to a corner. “That’s… wonderful?”

“We’re not sure what we are. But we’re willing to try at least.” Applejack rubbed her hat shyly. “I know you don’t support this kind of thing Rarity…”

“And I honestly still don’t, my dear. You know where I stand on that.” She replied as a matter of factly before her face softened. “But what kind of a friend would I be if I didn’t support you on your most difficult endeavor? If this… thing… makes you happy, then you have my full support.”

“Thanks. On the other hoof, I’ve decided that I’ll be going with Big Mac to start up that new farm in Stalliotopolis.”

“WHAT!?” Rainbow shouted but quickly groaned when Twilight shoved her sides. “Uh I mean… that’s great? Good for you.”

“You’re really going? To the big city?” Fluttershy asked enduringly. “Is that… alright?”

“It’s probably for the best.” Applejack reasoned. “Figured we’d best start this new relationship thing in a place no one knows us. And it’ll just be for a few months. I won’t be gone forever. We’ll be back just in time for the apple bucking season.” And probably enough time to settle this whole business. “Speaking of which, I should probably head home and tell Granny and Apple Bloom.”

“Oh now~ she remembers us.”

“GAHH!” The gang freaked out when Granny Smith appeared from behind with little Apple Bloom by her side.

“G… Granny?” Applejack choked. “W… what are you doing here?”

“Wondering what all the fuss was about.” She answered stoically with her eyes narrowed. “Wouldn’t have believed all this nonsense unless I heard it with my own ears and saw it with my own two eyes.” Ah applefudge. Barely ten minutes into their secret relationship and already her family discovered it. “Hmmm… I knew you were looking for a Special-some-pony. Never really thought you’d grab something so… close to home.” She gave Big Mac a stink-eye which made him sweat in buckets.

“Ehe…hehe?”

Applejack gulped her fears. She knew she’d have to do this eventually, she just never thought it would come so soon. Having to introduce love ones to family was supposed to be some kind of tradition. “I… I know you probably don’t approve of this Granny. But… you’ve got to understand that this is how I feel. My heart’s been telling me this for months now and I… I think I made the right call.”

“Out of all the apples you could pick, you pick one that didn’t fall off its tree.”

“I wouldn’t want to be with any otherpony other than Big Mac.”

The old apple glanced between the two, her stare poking at them sharper than any pitchfork. She gave out a disappointed sigh later and shrugged. “Well… it really ain’t my business. If you two were still little fillies, I would’ve clobbered your ears clean. But… you’re old enough to know better. So… I’ll just say… be happy. For whatever it’s worth.”

Apple Bloom then approached, holding a shy smile to herself. “I still would’ve preferred a proper in-law. But I don’t mind you two getting together. If my brother and sister are happy being like this, then I’m happy too.”

“Aww… thanks Sugar Cube.” Applejack threw a hug over her little sister, grinning ear to ear.

“We should probably get our tickets before the next train gets here.”

Huh?

“Tickets?” The big sis tilted her head in question.

“Yup! I’m going with you to Grand Pear’s farm. Granny said I can go with ya.”

The old pony scoffed. “She’ll be mighty lonely without you two hanging around here.”

“You sure about this Granny? I don’t want to leave you alone in the farm.”

“Oh hush now. Don’t you worry about a thing now. You ain’t the only apples in Ponyville. I got family coming along to keep me company. It’ll be an age old party for us seniors! Wahaha! Besides. She’ll also be there to keep an eye on you two just in case you try doing something stupid.” Ah… of course. That makes more sense.

xxxxxxxxxx

The next train came by not long after their little episode. With all loose ends tied up behind them, the three little apples boarded and waved their friends a final farewell.

“Bye! Bye bye! Seeya! Write back soon! Arrivederci! Sayonara! Auf wiedersehen! Namaste!” Pinkie repeated over and over as they watch the train slowly slipping into the setting sun. “Aww… I miss them already.”

“It is gonna be a little lonelier without those three hanging around.” Rainbow admitted. “Are they gonna be alright on their own?”

“Nothing is for certain.” Twilight answered. “But as long as they stick together, I think they’ll be just fine. I’m just worried what we’re gonna do now. All this running around and panicking left me kinda… empty inside.”

“I agree on that darling.”

Granny Smith chuckled. “Well if you want something to take your mind off, you can start with fixing that door you reckless runners broke down.”

Ah… yeah… that.

Comments ( 3 )

SWEET HOME ALABAMA~!

You should definitely make another part to this about their life in Stalliotopolis !

Login or register to comment