• Published 12th Nov 2019
  • 644 Views, 28 Comments

Twilight Sparkle: A Canterlot Day - Blues Rider



Thirty years into Canterlot's future, what does Twilight get up to every day?

  • ...
0
 28
 644

Epilogue: Dreams

A flood of flashes and bangs attacked Twilight on all sides. She felt herself rattled about in the black void.

Twilight fell, and fell. She was battered constantly by the attacks. Sparks caught her coat, flashes of burning on contact with each one. Her wings couldn't move, more to the fact, she turned her head to look behind her, they didn't exist. She felt like screaming, she nearly tried to but then she slowed, even stopped.

The sensation was as if she had landed upon a large trampoline bed. A bed that never stopped sinking until she softly sank to a stop.

Suddenly she was catapulted upwards, through the attacking fireworks, landing gently on a hard rock floor.

She was surrounded by a beautiful mountain view overlooking Canterlot and Ponyville. Behind her stood tall pine trees, green grass, and a lovely little stream trickling down the mountain side. The only thing that made this view unusual, was the fact that the sun was set at dusk, and the moon was partially risen, the sky split in half between night and day.

She turned back around to the overlook. From the rays of the sun and moon, two shadowy figures emerged. They slowly morphed, changing shape to become two alicorns, one white and one deep blue.

Upon the over watch in front of her, Celestia and Luna landed with ease.

"How is thou Twilight Sparkle?" Luna asked, joking a royal remark.

"Having trouble in Canterlot?" Celestia smiled her reassuring smile.

"What a lovely surprise!" Twilight called back. She cantered over and the three alicorns entered a loving embrace. "It's been a while since I've seen you."

"It's been a while since you came to visit us." Celestia retorted.

"I'm sorry, I've been so busy preparing for the Two Sister's Celebration, and ponies never stop needing royal help. As I'm sure you know." Twilight replied. Celestia chuckled and Luna rolled her eyes. They all knew too well. "I have to warn you, Fancy Pants will be over in a couple of days to talk about the preparations for your arrival to the festival."

"Oh how fun sister!" Luna mocked sarcastically, "You'll have to host the tea-party. Twilight has asked me to aid in the dream realm that night, so I shall have to sleep through the day." She nodded a wink towards Twilight.

Twilight chuckled. She looked over the beautiful view of the valley and smiled.

Tomorrow would be time for another day.

Comments ( 3 )

LOVED the "dream chat" between Twilight and her two immediate predecessors (though MOSTLY Luna) at the VERY end, particularly Twi giving them that "fair warning".

Anyway, the exchange, characterizations and wrap-up were quite well done in all the right places.

9971777
Cheers for all the support! Been a pleasure writing for you. There was going to be more for the final chapter, but it felt right to leave it a little open ended.

Thanks to the other 80 or so consistent readers of this story too! I'm so happy to have finished it. Been a real enjoy to write this. Here's to more stories coming soon.

9972590
You are VERY welcome.

Login or register to comment