• Published 26th Nov 2019
  • 765 Views, 23 Comments

Vacation for Three Please - Blues Rider



Fame has stiffled the main six's chances of a relaxing holiday in Equestria. But Rarity forms a new plan, involving a certain mirror. However herself, Applejack and Rainbow Dash might find it more complicated than they thought.

  • ...
1
 23
 765

2: A Humane Induction

Pony Rarity made her way to the Friendship Castle.

Applejack and Rainbow Dash were waiting outside.

She scanned the Friendship school to her right.

Across the path that broke the waters between the school and the castle were trotting Twilight and Starlight. Twilight seemed a bit wary while Starlight looked a might concerned. From a distance, she could make out their conversation as she approached.

"And you're definitely sure about this?" Starlight questioned.

"I'm not, not sure about it. Sunset has the plans in preparation. She's pretty sure about it. I think."

"But she's going to come here first to give them an induction?" Starlight queried.

"There's a plan. I'm going over basic human biology with them now though."

"Do we know if the mirror still works?" Starlight quizzed.

"I'm pretty sure it does." Twilight chuckled.

Rarity met them at the front door to the Friendship Castle.

"Howdy yall," Applejack greeted.

"So are you all ready?" Twilight investigated.

"Oh so many questions darling." Rarity dismissed. "I am so ready for this getaway. A time to relax and finally get away from all the hustle and bustle without anypony asking for autographs or friendship advice." Rarity quelled. "Now shall we get in and get ready to go?"

"One step at a time Rarity. I'll talk you through it." Twilight also quelled.

Starlight unlocked the door to her friendship castle and the five ponies made their way inside.


Sunset left her keys resting in the lock of her front door. She turned to face the three pony-girls behind her.

"This is my house, well flat. I live in a maisonette on the top floor. I have a few things I need to go through with you if you're going to blend in around here."

"Darling didn't we just go through all this with you and Twilight back in Equestria?"

"Yeah!" Rainbow Dash perked up behind her, "yada yada, legs, yada yada, everyONE and so on. Come on! let's get to the chillaxing and exploring!"

"Now hold your horses yall." Applejack said. She felt funny for saying 'horses', could she say horses? She looked to Sunset confused, who gave her a chuckle and a nod.

"Yes Applejack, you can say that. We use that expression quite a lot here." Sunset reassured.

"Akay, well, ah think we all need to hear what Sunset has to teach us." She finished.

"Yes, I know you've been through all that, but there's a little more to this than there seems." She said intriguingly. "Here, come, I'll show you."

Rainbow, Rarity and Applejack followed Sunset up the stairs to her maisonette. On the table next to the door lay three different outfits, which Rarity could make out were definitely for each of them. Blue for her, green for Applejack and some kind of sporty tracksuit for Rainbow. The skirt / shirt design was starting to grow on her.

Sunset went to open a door next to her staircase and waited for Rarity to settle in from the sight of the clothes.

"I have three main things I need to cover with you now that we are here. This is the first."

She swung open the door next to the stairs.

"This is a human toilet. You're going to have to get used to them for the next week." She chuckled, amused by their reactions to her surprise.

"Oh, oh yes, I suppose that is rather useful information." Rarity uttered under her breath.

Rainbow Dash burst into a laughing fit. Applejack put an firm, calming arm around her in an attempt to prevent the outburst lasting too long.
It didn't work.

"I know, I know, it's rather similar to pony toilets. However, because of legs, we have to sit on them in a slightly different way. See rather than sitting with four hooves, you have to sit with your butt. It's the same difference between how a human and pony might sit on a chair." Sunset finished the introduction.

Despite her efforts to stay empathetic about the situation for Rarity, she couldn't help but crack a smile by the way Rainbow treated the situation.

"I see..." Rarity approached slowly, taking in the sight of the small cubical containing a ceramic toilet, sink, and shower in the corner. She studied the object for another moment. "And how will we know when we have to use the toilet in these bodies...?" She broached the question with vague embarrassment.

Rainbow tried to muffle the chuckle by closing her mouth. Applejack shot her a dirty look for laughing at a personal issue.

"Well that part is pretty much the same as being a pony. You will feel you need to go because your bladder will start to kick in. You'll feel it." She assured Rarity. "Here, come have a look at the clothes." Sunset called to the three.

"These are some outfits I borrowed from your counterparts in this world. I hope you're all still the same size as them, you look about the same. You'll need to wear clothes all the time, every day. So I got you a change of outfits so you can wash the ones you're wearing. There are pyjamas over on each of your beds too." Sunset explained, pointing to the three mattress beds set up on the other side of the room.

"I also got some swimsuits and underwear in your counterparts sizes from the mall, they're on your beds as well." She pointed out.

"Nah hang on just a minute there. You said we'd be needing to wear clothes all the time we're here. Like even at the beach?" Applejack asked shocked.

"Yes, in this world we have to. At the beach, you wear the swimsuits, which is about to as close to being naked in public as it gets usually. And around other people it's usually polite to wear pyjamas when going to bed." Sunset explained. "You get used to it, but yes, public nudity is illegal here unlike Equestria."

"Isn't that a hassle?" Applejack wondered.

"It's... different, and some people get a little anxiety from trying to choose the right clothes, but generally speaking, it doesn't affect your day, apart from when you wake up and have to change... You can still be naked in your own house, or in the bathroom." Sunset tried to assure them. Applejack investigated the clothes, a little suspiciously.

"Well I think that some of these new fashion styles will be an exciting adventure." Rarity defended clothes.

"Yeah yeah, okay got it. Clothes, toilet, what's the last thing you got?" Rainbow Dash asked brashly.

"Calm down there Sugar-cube, we got the whole week to get explorin an' relaxin. Ain't no rush to get goin, especially on the first day in new bodies." Applejack quelled. She was still feeling a tad sea sick from the journey here.

"Okay, so the third thing I have to tell you about, is the relationships." Sunset broached carefully. "Please have a sit down and I'll explain." She gestured towards her sofas and arm chairs. The girls obliged. Rainbow took a moment before settling down onto the sofa via her but, which was a new sensation. Moments later she felt herself reclining back into the soft cushion, her muscles relaxing from the walking.

Rarity approached the armchair and put her feet onto the cushion, trying to figure out how to put her arms down onto the cushion as well. She found herself kneeling on the chair with her arms supporting her. Sunset gave a chuckle.
"Try it this way Rarity." She demonstrated, keeping her legs on the floor, and sinking her body backwards into the armchair opposite.

Rarity reflected on her current pose, and adjusted herself around to let her legs drop to the floor. She nodded to Sunset and tried to understand the weird sensation.

Applejack copied a mix of Sunset and Rainbow, and sank into the sofa next to Rainbow. She shifted slightly closer to her partner and felt their legs touch, which seemed weird. Then Rainbow dropped an arm over the back of the sofa, around Applejack, like you might sling a hoof around somepony to hold them in an embrace.

Applejack accepted the new feeling, and turned her attention back to Sunset.

"So in this world, you all have counterparts, as you know. But as you might not be aware, the dynamics of our friendship circle seem to vary vastly from the friendships your circle has in Equestria." Sunset explained. Using her long fingers on her arm, she pulled out a small black box from her jacket pocket.

The box in Sunset's hand buzzed, and then, a big black area of the wall decor suddenly shone a bright white light over the room. "AWESOME!" Was Rainbow Dash's reaction. "What is that?"

Meanwhile Rarity and Applejack were stunned.

"Oh, aha, sorry. I forgot you don't have televisions in Equestria do you. This is a television. It's a big box that shows you moving images. People create all kinds of things, and the TV displays them retrospectively. Here is a basic example." Sunset quelled, tapping her black box for a few clicks.

The 'television' turned blue, black and then popped up a big picture of Sunset with her human friends. Atop the screen, a piece of text displayed itself : "Android connectivity enabled".

"And what is that thing you're using there?" Rainbow asked shoving an arm right in front of Applejack's face as she pointed to Sunset's black box.

"This is a smart-phone." She explained. "This is like a smaller television. Only I can use it to send messages to my friends. Like I send messages to Twilight using the magic diary. Only it can do other things too, like displaying photos - just like I'm doing now." She held up the phone to demonstrate that the phone displayed the same picture as the television.

"Oh Wow." Was Rarity's response, awed by the technology. "So you can contact anyone you like? Does it use magic?"

"Not quite. I can contact a lot of people, but it's not magic, it's technology here."

"Sounds like some kind of complicated doohicky that can only cause trouble if yall ask me." Applejack chimed in. Sunset smiled at her. She was not wrong with that comment, but she left it at that.

"Anyway, the relationships between my friends. As I explained, they're different dynamics here." She pointed at the screen to help illustrate why.

"Wha'd ya mean exactly?" Applejack inquired.

"Well. For a start, Twilight isn't a pony princess, she's just a girl, who's very smart and is a very good friend. She's just finished college and has started an apprenticeship with one of the biggest technology development company's in this world. Fluttershy has just recently joined a management team at a big veterinary hospital, among other creatures, they treat horses, ponies and donkeys. That took even me a little time to get used to." She chuckled.

"Pinkie Pie is a supervisor at the local bakery, as well as being a party planner, so I don't imagine there is much different there. Rarity, your double works in fashion. Although she doesn't run an entire empire, she is a Junior manager at one of the premier bespoke boutiques in town. Her designs have been attracting a fair bit of attention at national fashion shows though.

"Rainbow just got a contract with one of the local soccer teams; It's a popular sport here. She's been away for a couple of years training at college. She also races dirt-cross motorbikes, and is pretty successful at that too. And Applejack, your double works all kinds of things, rodeo's, smoothie bars, homemade cider. She's had all kinds of jobs while helping Rarity get through her fashion competitions."

"Um, in this universe, Rainbow Dash and Applejack aren't a couple, sooo. I guess those are the differences. Obviously there are others, it's an entirely different universe, but yeah."

The three sat there for a moment, taking it all in.

"We can use this morning so you can get you used to your bodies and then at about eleven we can head down to the beach if you want. It's pretty quiet on days like today." Sunset finished up.

Still a bit stunned from the information, Rarity was the first to reply. "That sounds lovely darling, thank you so much for being so accommodating."