• Published 21st Nov 2019
  • 123 Views, 1 Comments

In The Night - that_one_RED



Twilight and Rarity wake up in ponyville, but cannot find the rest of the six. They need to find who to trust, and find their friends.

  • ...
 1
 123

Shadow Ponies

"Where is everyone? Where's Applejack and Pinkie and Rainbow? And where's my dress?" Rarity snorted angrily.

"Yeah! Tell us where they are or I'll make you!" Twilight threatened.

"Ha ha ha! How so?" Black Stargazer laughed.

"With spells. How the hell did you expect me to?" Twilight angrily responded.

Black Stargazer let out a snort of amusement, "You haven't noticed yet? Your magic doesn't work here. It's actually cute that you didn't realize by now. Only bat ponies can use magic here."

Rarity looked at her, confused, "Why could I pick up that needle earlier then?"

"Because, it's associated with your cutie mark. Just like the other pony can pick up books. Speaking of her," Black Stargazer stepped close to Twilight, "She's an alicorn, huh? How curious. The last time any pony here has seen an alicorn was ages ago."

Twilight gulped, "Heh heh..." She chuckled nervously, "What does that mean?"

"It means, dear, that ponies will be trying to kill you. And what does that mean? It means that YOUR Equestria will be without a princess. And what does that mean? It means tha-"

"I get it! Okay? What do I do?" She muttered.

"Luckily for you, I was the one to find you. Follow me, you two. And stay quiet!"

The three ponies trotted through the shadows, making as little noise as possible. Black Stargazer quietly led them to a small elevator.

"We don't usually have visitors. We'll need to go one at a time. You two go first. It's unsafe for you to be up here for too long." Black Stargazer sighed.

Rarity and Twilight gulped.

"You first, dear," Rarity invited nervously.

Twilight stepped into the elevator and disappeared, followed by Rarity.

"What is this place?" Rarity gasped, running to a wall, "Oh my! Look at those gemstones! I've never seen them before!"

"Rarity! Wait! You were told not to get into trouble! Stop!" Twilight exclaimed. Rarity sighed and walked back towards the elevator.

Black Stargazer stepped out of the elevator, "By the way, I never caught your names?"

Twilight smacked her hoof on her face, realizing that, "Oh! I'm so sorry! I'm Twilight Sparkle. And this is-"

"Wait! You're Twilight Sparkle? That's impossible! She's been dead for years!"

"What? No I haven't! I've been alive and well! Ask Rarity!"

"Who's Rarity?" Black Stargazer queried.

"Rarity, darling. The pleasure's all mine, but you need to get your mane trimmed. It's dreadful, my dear." Rarity grumbled.

"Why are you bringing this up now?" Black Stargazer growled.

"It was too dark for me to see you clearly."

"What in the fuck is this place anyways?" Twilight asked.

"Glad you asked. Come through here, please," Black Stargazer hurried them towards a door and opened it, "After you."

The excited chatter from a room full of bat ponies was heard, "Whoa!"

"Welcome to the Shadow Ponies alliance!" said Black Stargazer excitedly.

"Huh?" Twilight and Rarity said in unison.

She groaned, "After Princess Celestia and Princess Luna turned against one another, Princess Luna reverted back to her form as Nightmare Moon. Chaos spread across Equestria like wildfire. Celestia could no longer keep Luna at bay, and was overthrown. Luna was the only one left. Nightmare Moon trapped all ponies and transformed them into bat ponies. All previously existing bat ponies were recruited as her guards. Nightmare Moon continued to spread her hatred through Equestria. Almost all bat ponies will kill earth ponies, pegasi, and unicorns out of spite. Nightmare Moon promised a great reward to any pony who kills an alicorn and presents their corpse to her."

Twilight's eyes widened in terror, "What? Are you shitting me?"

"Unfortunately not. Keeping you safe will most definitely be a challenge. But we'll try," Black Stargazer sighed.

Twilight jumped with a sudden realization, "Cadence, Flurryheart, and Shining Armor! Are they-"

"Shining Armor is a bat pony now. Cadence and Flurryheart are in hiding. We haven't been able to locate them."

"Oh, dear. Well this certainly won't do, now, will it? I suppose we'll need to find them first," Rarity exclaimed.

"But that's impossible! We've been searching for over two years!" Black Stargazer gasped.

"We'll just have to try," said Twilight.

Comments ( 1 )

This looks very interesting! Excited to see where it goes.

Login or register to comment