• Published 6th Nov 2019
  • 7,564 Views, 568 Comments

Crushed: The Beginnings - Silent Wing



After a tragic accident, a young man wakes up in the Castle of the two pony sisters and is now presented with a second chance at life.

  • ...
30
 568
 7,564

PreviousChapters Next
30 A day of fun and relaxation

“Hey Wingy, wait.” I hear somepony shout from behind me as I make my way towards the building that the portal to Canterlot is hidden in. Curious who this could be I come to a halt and turn around, seeing a certain orange filly approaching.

“Hey Scoots, what’s up? No crusading today?” I ask her, wondering why she isn’t with her friends. After all they had a lot of crusading planned for today, so seeing her without her friends is actually very surprising.

“No. Apple Bloom has to help out on the farm and Sweetie’s parents showed up out of nowhere and took her and her sister to Baltimare.” She responds saddened by unexpected change of plans.

“Man, that sucks.” I reply, feeling really sorry for her, wondering what could be so important that Apple Bloom can’t leave the farm. After all, it’s just an apple farm.

“So, what are you up to Wingy?”

“I am gonna meet up with a friend who wanted to prove something to me.” I tell her, purposely dodging who that friend is and where we will meet. She forces me to make a difficult decision by asking me if she could tag along. On one hoof I would love to have her around since Rainy is unable to join, and I highly doubt that Georg or Rumble are willing to join. On the other hoof, I am not sure if I should entrust her with the secret of the portal. True she may be the Crusader I trust the most but I am concerned how the others would react.

You know what, screw it. Mama D trusts her enough to let her know about my past, so I should easily be able to entrust her with this. Besides, out of all three Crusaders she is the one I like and trust the most. “Okay, but there are two things you should know. First off, I have to tell you something you can never tell anyone about.”

I give her a moment to think about it, but much to my relief she instantly Pinkie Promises me that she will never do that before I go to the next and the more shocking part. “And it will be incredibly girly.”

At first, she is shocked about this and thinks of backing out, but I can convince her to go along with it anyway. We chat a bit about regular things, mainly if she is as “excited” as I am about when we have to go back to school while we walk up to the house the portal is in.

To keep up the illusion that Rumble still lives in Ponyville, and to hide the secret about the Portal, Princess Celestia thought it a good idea to buy a house. The house itself is mostly empty, except for the Guards who protect and live within. “She is with me.” I explain to the Guards, who tensed up at the sight of an unknown, causing them to relax again.

But still, “Mam, are you sure that this is a good idea?” One of them asks worried, to which I just reply with a simple yes. “You know that I have to tell the Princess about this?” He reminds me of one of the few rules I had to agree to, but I just nod and go on like nothing happened.

I led her into the house and into the back room, where the portal is before I grab one of her hooves and lay a wing over her back. “Wingy?” She asks surprised, taken completely off guarded.

“Don’t get any ideas Scootaloo, I am just doing this so you can step through the portal as well.” I explain my actions to her before I basically pull her through the portal without warning.

“Wow, what is this place?” She exclaims in shock, having been taken by complete surprise from the sudden change in environment and staring in disbelief at everything.

“Hello Wingy, I see you brought a friend with you.” The white alicorn greets us, looking up from the desk where she is helping Rumble with something, he himself is too engrossed in his studies to notice.

“Hello Princess, this is Scootaloo.” I reply, unlike her, not in the slightest bit bothered by who we just stumbled into, before I come to the important part. “Do you know where Cadence is?”

“She should be in her room.” Princess Celestia replies after a moment of consideration before she wishes us a nice day. We leave her and Rumble alone to their studies and make our way to Cadence’s room.

It doesn’t take us long to reach her room and after a swift knock at her door, we wait for a bit until patience leaves me. I open the door and step into the room seeing Cadence laying on her stomach with her back to us, fully engrossed in one of her romance novels when I have a brilliant idea.

“You go for her hooves while I hold her down.” I whisper into Scootaloo's ear, who nods to this, even if it’s a bit reluctantly. I approach slowly before I jump on her bed and within moment's I am on her back and press her front hooves into the mattress.

At the same time, Scootaloo approaches her slowly, waiting for me to pin her down before she starts to tickle her furiously. Cadence reacts immediately by raising her head and gasping in shock before she starts to laugh.

However, our success doesn’t last long and I find myself suddenly engulfed in her light blue magical aura, being levitated in front of her and placed on my back. “Hi Cadence.” I greet her with a wide grin, knowing very well that I am bucked right now since I broke the golden rule to never tease the tickle monster.

“Hello Wingy, what made you think that this is a good idea?” She asks me curiously before starting to tickle me and it seems to me that she doesn’t care about Scootaloo, even if she can’t suppress the occasional giggle.

“Nothing, but I thought it to be at least fun.” I reply between fits of laughter, glad that she hasn’t started to use her wings on me yet.

“Now, who is this little friend of yours?” She asks with a devious grin before her horn lits up, and Scootaloo is levitated and placed right next to me. She uses her magic to hold the two of us down before she sits on her haunches and raises her wings threateningly.

“I am Scootaloo.” The filly laying to my right replies, falsely hoping that this would save her only moments before Cadence begins to tickle us furiously. Struggling to breathe from how hard I am laughing, I futilely plead for mercy. In what feels like an eternity to me before she finally ceases her attack.

“Now, you two, what did we learn from this?”

“To never provoc the tickle monster.” We two reply instantly at the same time, praying that this is indeed the right answer.

“Good, are you two ready?”

“Ready for what?” Scootaloo asks nervously since I only told her that what Cadence and I planned to was incredibly girly.

“Well, since I know Wingy very well, I am sure she was exercising before she came over, so a trip to the Spa is in order.” Cadence answers while pointing with a hoof at me. I can only look away knowing that she is indeed correct and I had spent the last hour sparring with one of the Guards.

“What? I will never go to the Spa with you.” Scootaloo responds quickly not taking this news well, but since I did warn her that we are doing something girly, I won’t let her back out now.

“That was my mindset at first too Scootaloo, but let me tell you something.” I reply with a smirk, knowing that what I am about to do could get me in trouble later, and it will convince her for sure. “Even if she would never admit it in public, Mama D loves going to the Spa herself.”

“Well, if Rainbow Dash enjoys it, it can’t be that bad.” She replies after a few moments of consideration, having a complete change of heart.

She had barely finished her sentence when Cadence horn lights and moments later we find ourselves in a foyer. Frantically I look around and race towards the closest potted plant just in time for my lunch to leave my body from the wrong end.

When it finally ends I turn around seeing that Sootaloo is doing exactly the same thing on the other side of the room. I really hate it when other ponies teleport me! It may be the fastest method of travel but it is also the most unpleasant one, especially when you aren’t used to it.

However, Scootaloo and I are quick to recover and are taken to a steam room sto prepare us for a pleasant mud bath. I spent most of my time in silence knowing that disturbing Cadence when she is studying somepony to find out how to ship them in the best way is never a good idea.

When the mud bath is over and after we take a quick shower, we make our way over to the massage area when Cadence slyly whispers two words into my ear. Words which cause me to trip. “I approve.”

Only after I laid down on the massage table I realize what she meant by this. I am about to reply that it isn’t what she thinks, but can only moan in delight as a pair of hooves begins to rub all the tension out of my sore muscles.

The moment the pony removes his hooves from my back, I spread my wings signaling that he isn’t done yet and it only takes a moment until he continues his work.

“Able to form coherent thoughts again Wingy?” Cadence asks mockingly once the massage came to an end and we moved on to the next room for our hooficure. In response, I just glare at her but cease this when she starts to laugh and I realize that I must look more cute than threatening to her.

“So what are we doing after this, Cadence?”

"Now Scootaloo, we'll get some ice cream and walk back to the castle before the real fun begins.” Cadence replies smiling, which in return earns me a questioning look from Scootaloo. Knowing that she will soon find out anyway, I tell her about our trip to Griffonstone, including when Cadence helped me to dress up and decided to prove to me that a filly can never be too cute. The high point for Scootaloo was definitely the final part of my story, when I fought Prince Georg, after which I ended it. Purposely not telling her about what happened after it and the consequences it brought down upon all of us.

I finished my tale only a few moments after we reached the Castle's entrance. I am sure the walk to her room would have been spent in silence, if a certain stallion had not shown up out of the blue. “Hey Cadence, where have you been? I have been looking all over the place for you.”

“Shinny.” Cadence calls happily and the only reason she doesn’t jump at him is that she doesn’t want to make a scene in front of his man. “What are you doing here?”

“I was hoping to treat my favorite mare to dinner and maybe have some “fun” with you afterward.” He replies dreamily, and I am quite sure that she would have jumped at the chance for a date with him, if she didn’t already have other plans for today.

“Not today Shinny. Maybe tomorrow evening?”

“Sorry, I am on duty till the Night Guard takes over at nine.”

“Well if you still want to have some fun you should come to my room after dinner.” Cadence replies in passing, leaving a confused Shining Armor behind us. While I have an idea what she has planned, I hope for the poor colt that I am wrong.

We spent a long time playing dress up in which we all tried on many different outfits. Somehow, Cadence had managed to get Princess Luna's royal regalia and Scootaloo is in the process of trying it on when the nocturnal alicorn herself steps into the room. “Cadence, have you seen my regalia? It seems that I have misplaced it.”

Without saying a word, Cadence points with a hoof towards her mirror and right at Scootaloo. Princess Luna turns her head and begins to smile when she sees the filly wearing her barding. “While this does indeed look good on you little one, I would appreciate it if I could have it back.”

Shocked, Scootaloo turns around and apologizes countless times before Princess Luna puts a stop to it, saying that it’s okay and replaces them with Cadence’s, telling her that they look better on her than on the princess of love herself.

Pouting, Cadence is about to complain that this isn’t true when the inevitable happens and the midnight blue alicorn finally spots me wearing a prench maid costume. It begins as harmless giggles but only moments pass until Princess Luna breaks out into uncontrolled laughter.

My cheeks turn red from embarrassment and I actually pray to Celestia to show me some mercy, while desperately wishing that the floor opens up and swallows me whole.

Much to my dismay, something entirely different happens and I am taken completely by surprise when the first photo is taken. What's even worse is that they somehow convince me to stand in several different poses while taking photos all the time.

“I hate to stop this, but we should all hurry up if we don’t want to be late for dinner.” Luna says after some time reminding all of us how late it really is. There is a short argument between us but they aren’t listening to reason, so all of us make our way to the dining hall dressed the way we are.

“Well since it is already so late, would you two be up for a sleepover?” Cadence asks in concern a few moments after we left her room, having forgotten the time due to the fun we had. While I nod eagerly, secretly having hoped for this, Scootaloo decides to reply in an entirely different manner.

“Please let Matron Cream Heart from the Ponyville Orphanage know that the filly she is currently missing is having a sleepover with one of her friends.” Scootaloo addresses one of the Pegasus Guards, who just looks confused at her and then towards Princess Luna and the real princess of love. With a nod, she silently orders him to obey the command before he makes his way out of the castle.

When the door to the small dining room is opened and I make my way inside Princess Celestia, Prince Blueblood, and the servant present don’t react in any way. However, Dusty doesn’t possess that much self-control and only manages to hold her laughter back for a few seconds.

After she finally calmed down I am about to tell her what I think about her reaction, but the solar alicorn is faster than me. “Wingy, you almost look as cute as my little Dusty here when she was your age.” This causes her to freeze in shock and her expression turns to one of absolute horror when Princess Celestia summons a book, probably a photo album.

My assumption is proven to be correct when she opens it and passes it around, showing everypony some photos where a filly Dusty is wearing a dress similar to mine and is actually assisting a maid with her tasks. “You promised to never show that to anypony.” Dusty replies with a pout, certainly not appealed by the solar alicorns action.

“No, I agreed to never show them to anypony as long as you stop making fun of others.” She replies bluntly, which shuts the light turquoise mare up immediately. A bit more time passes in which everypony has a good laugh at the pictures before the book is returned to Princess Celestia, who soon shifts her attention to me. “Wingy, what made you change the color of your mane and tail?”

“She did.” I reply without hesitation, pointing directly at Cadence before I explain why I was willing to agree to it. “When we were playing dress-up, she complained how the red clashed with most of the outfits, so I allowed her to change the color temporarily.”

“While I agree with her that this green does look good on you, I think something blue would have been a better choice.” Princess Celestia responds after a moment of consideration, deciding to give advice instead of scolding her niece.

A bit more is discussed, including different ideas of how to dress up for the ball next week when the new ambassador from Griffonstone arrives, to which Scootaloo is promptly invited before everything comes to a conclusion. “Now, how about we try on a few more outfits before we play something else.”

“Okay, but I’ll keep the socks.” I answer her, which surprisingly causes everypony to stare at me in shock. “What? They are really comfy.” I add before I get up and walk next to Cadence and Scootaloo back to the former mentioned ponies room.

Halfway there I get curious and ask her why everypony reacted that way. “Socks are a difficult item of clothing and are by many ponies considered as lingerie.” She explains much to my shock, having never thought of them like that. “But as long as you don’t wear them with a saddle and certain other items, in which I am not going into now, there should be no problems.”

“You mean like the bridle I saw in your wardrobe earlier?” Cadence freezes mid-step and takes a moment to recover from her shock before she can form any coherent thoughts again, telling me that this is exactly what she meant.

As soon as we are back in her room, I get out of the maid's outfit and look into her wardrobe for something different to wear when I finally ask her something that I had been wondering for quite some time now. “Cadence, how is it possible that no matter what we choose, it always fits perfect?”

“Simple, everything in there is enchanted to adjust to the size of the pony who is wearing it.” She replies while I replace the white socks of the prench maid outfit with a set of pink socks and a set of matching bows for my mane and tail. Finding nothing else that I would like to try on at the moment I turn around and step out from the walk-in closet, only to mostly freeze by the glorious sight in front of me.

There right in front of me stands Scootaloo wearing dark green striped socks, a slightly brighter dress with pink frills, having her mane done in a braid, and a bow in her tail. “I think Wingy likes it.” Cadences says to Scootaloo while I slowly recover from the shock, struggling to get my wings back under control.

Now, feeling slightly underdressed I rush back into Cadence’s walk-in closet, desperately searching for something that could fit until I finally find it. A dress similar to Scootaloo’s, light blue with pink frills.

Scootaloo doesn’t react in the same way as I step out again, but I am quite certain that she isn’t displeased by it while Cadence simply smiles in approval. “I think we tried on enough dresses for today, so how about we play some games before it’s bedtime for you two.”

While I agree a bit reluctantly to this, it takes far more work to convince Scootaloo. She only agrees to it when we offer her to make the first turn and after a short discussion we agree to play “Pony, Don’t Get Angry.”

The game starts simple and nothing special happens for the first few rounds. We mostly chat about some stuff. The first exciting moment of the game happens when I kick one of Cadence’s pieces so that she has to move it back to her base. “That wasn’t very nice of you Wingy.”

“No, but it is the first step towards my victory.” I reply with a grin, unaware of the danger another of my figures is now in, since I didn’t move it further. To my great luck Scootalo, gets a six and puts her second figure into the match, clearing her spawn with a three.

“Cadence, can I ask you for a favor?” I ask after a while, having thought about this for the last few hours since I first saw the flyer at the Spa earlier. “Can you help me to enter that modeling competition in a few weeks?”

“You mean Fleur De Lis “Grand little fillies modeling contest” and didn't the deadline for registration ended yesterday?” I nod somewhat, feeling extremely nervous all of a sudden. “That is something I didn’t expect to hear from you, so why would you ever want to do that?”

“Well, mom thinks I train too much and that I really should try different things that aren’t related to fighting in the slightest, and since today was so much fun, I thought this could be fun too.”

“Okay, I'll talk with her about it but what about you, do you want to join as well, Scootaloo?” Cadence asks, much to my surprise, to which the orange filly vehemently shakes her head, definitely not pleased by this in the slightest. “Why not?”

“That’s far too girly for me.” She shots back within a moment's notice, I on the other hoof point out that she thought the same about the Spa visit too, but still tried and enjoyed it.

“Tell you what, why don’t you take a bit more time to think about it and I’ll ask Fleur if she can save you a spot.” Cadence offers as a reasonable compromise to which Scootaloo agrees. From then on, this game and a few others are played without any interruptions until late into the night. We soon decide to bring things to an end and agree to do this again sometime soon.


The next morning in Ponyville a young filly walks into Carousel Boutique looking for something she could wear to the upcoming dinner at the griffon embassy. She is inspecting the dresses on display and waiting for the Owner of the establishment to come out of the backroom which she had been calling from.

“Hi Rarity, how are you?” She greets the approaching unicorn who suddenly stops, her eyes go wide in shock after she was finally able to take a good look at the Pegasus.

“Wingy, dear, what happened to your mane.” The mare in question asks, sounding genuinely shocked which surprises the filly quite a bit. Rarity had always been the one to complain about her horrible mane colour. “The red was already bad, but this is just horrible, tell me, who was the vile monster that did this to you.”

“Just a small color changing spell, but don’t worry it should wear off in a few days.” She replies in earnest, before the second part registers in her brain, changing her demeanor significantly. Feed up with the unicorn's permanent complaints about the look of other ponies, she turns around and leaves the store, knowing that there are far better ways to teach her a lesson that will stick than just exploding at her.

The filly returns around an hour later to Carousel Boutique, but this time she isn’t alone. When the two enter the shop, Rarity looks up from the dress she is currently fitting and gasps in shock when she realizes who her visitor is. It takes her only a moment to fall into a deep bow, “Princess Cadence, it’s an honor to have you in my humble boutique.”

“I highly doubt that.” The pink alicorn replies in an unusual cold voice, causing the blood of the fashionista to freeze in shock. “After all, you think of me as a monster.”

“Princess, I would never do such a thing.” Rarity replied, unsure how the alicorn of love could come up with such things before her eyes focus on the filly standing motionless next to the Princess. “You! What did you tell her?”

“Only what happened earlier,” Wingy replies with a grin before she recounts what transpired earlier in perfect detail. When questioned once more if this is true, Rarity admits that this is indeed what happened.

“You should know Rarity, that I was the vile monster that cast the color-changing spell on Wingy. Maybe this will teach you that it’s sometimes better to keep your muzzle shut.” Princess Cadence replies, before turning around and leaving the shop accompanied by her cousin's fillyfriend.

“Now Wingy, can you show me where Twilight lives? I have so many questions for her.” She asks the young filly before the door closes behind them only moments after Rarity realizes how bad this could be for her should anypony hear of today's events. Unknown to any of the three, the pony Rarity had been fitting a dress for giggles in delight, overjoyed to have some juicy gossip she can share with her friends.

Author's Note:

Before you ask, yes Scootaloo is indeed an orphan, and while she prefers to avoid the topic, she has no problem answering truthfully when she is asked about her family and or living conditions.

Also, I just had to get out how much I dislike Rarity’s complaints above the looks of others and how she seemingly doesn’t care about the feelings of others. It’s one, if not the worst of her character flaws. True she is a nice and generous pony, but if it comes to appearance or looks she is as sensitive as a sledge hammer.

By the way, I am currently debating with myself if I should stop with this story shortly after the next major event or if I should just continue. Both options have their pros and cons, but it’s really difficult for me to decide. Luckily, there are still enough Chapters left till I have to make this decision.

PreviousChapters Next