• Published 8th Nov 2019
  • 2,303 Views, 68 Comments

The Joker Tapes - DanishDash



A crazy pony calling himself Joker brought about time of terror a year ago. Now that Twilight is a Princess she wants to find out why! Recording each interview.

  • ...
7
 68
 2,303

Investigation Tape 2: Police Interview of Rarity

Click.

"Monday, third of may, 3411 AU. Time is 09:32 AM, present is detective Beacon Light, conducting interview of Rarity."

"...."

"I know this can be a little uncomfortable, if you feel like taking a break or you want to stop or wait we can. Uhm, do you need anything? Coffee? Water?"

"No, thank you darling, but that won't be necessary."

"Okay then.."

Shuffling of paper.

"You met 'Joker' when he first arrived in Ponyville?"

"Yes.."

"What was he like?"

Sigh.

"Well.. He was quite the charming young stallion, well spoken, social, a little strange, but he seemed no more strange than any other pony."

"Aha.. You say he was charming, so you did not suspect he was up to something?"

"Darling, I meet strange ponies every week. Did I expect him to do what he did? Of course not, no pony did.. He lived with us, got a house, made friends and worked as a party clown. To us, he was just a friendly pony who had moved to the village."

"Mm.."

Page being turned.

"So how did he meet Pinkamena Diane Pie?"

"Pinkie Pie, we call her Pinkie Pie."

"Of course, but I need to use her legal name for the sake of this."

"..."

"So do you know when they met?"

Sigh.

"Like every newcomer to Ponyville, Pinkie is the first to meet and greet them. When he arrived she was the first pony he met."

"How can you be so sure about that?"

"If you ever came to Ponyville, you would understand..."

Page turning.

"Okay.. So can you describe her relationship with 'Joker'? My understanding is you know all the gossip in town."

"They were... Close..."

"How close? Friendly? Close friends? Maybe even infatuated with one another?"

"I.. I'm not sure.."

Sigh.

"Come now miss Rarity. You're telling me a mare who knows about all the gossip in town knows, or notices nothing about one of her best friends spending a lot of time with a new stallion?"

"Well, darling I... Well.. Maybe I did get some sort of impression they liked one another, or, she liked him.. But that doesn't mean she knew about what he was planning!"

"I never said it did, miss Rarity."

Another page is flipped.

"You made his outfit, yes?"

"Yes.. He came in one day, said he wanted a suit to present a new look he had been working on.. He gave me the details, inner pockets, hidden pockets, color, all sorts of details.."

"And you never suspe-"

"No. Never, he told me the pockets were for his magic tricks, gags and so on. It was supposed to be a suit for his clown work.. If I had known, I would have.. I would have.."

"It's okay miss Rarity, I think we got what we needed for now. Do you have something to add?"

"No.. Nothing other than.. He lied, and tricked his way into our lives, we thought he was our friend.. We never knew..."

"Interview ending, time is 09:56 AM."

Click.