• Published 20th Nov 2019
  • 2,156 Views, 356 Comments

Unpleasant Correspondence 2 (My Little Pony: Reign of the Goddess-Queens) - StormLuna



Everything has come full circle and now it is Twilight who sends her protege to Ponyville. Needless to say, Luster isn't one bit happy about it.

  • ...
34
 356
 2,156

PreviousChapters Next
Cadence's Departure (S3 E28) [Live Action]

It was early on Wednesday morning and Princess Cadence was awake. The thoughts of her marrying the mare slumbering next to her was making her so excited. She felt a warmth surging through her body knowing that soon she would be legally married to Starlight and would become more than just a princess, she would become Queen Cadence. She also knew that she would soon have to leave Canterlot before the 72 hour time period of not seeing Starlight would begin.

As the pre-dawn sky began to brighten, Cadence nudged Starlight causing her to stir, "Ugh, not yet dad....can't I sleep for just a few more minutes?"

Cadence giggled as it was obvious that Starlight wasn't exactly awake. She nudged her again, "Starlight sweetie, wake up! The sun is almost up and I want us to have one more breakfast together before I head to Ponyville."

Starlight stretched out and yawned, "Please dad, I don't want to go to school today!"

Cadence again giggled before nudging her much more forcefully to get her to realize what was going on, "Starlight sweetie, wake up! I want us to have one more breakfast together before I have to go to Ponyville." Starlight again yawned causing Cadence to become louder, "You know about the 72 hour rule regarding royals and marriage!"

Starlight stretched out and yawned, "Alright, let me go and make sure Toola and Coconut are awake so they can join us."

While it did bother Cadence a bit that their breakfast would not be just time for them, she knew what could happen if she brought that up. She knew how important her daughters were and knew that Toolaroola and Coconut Cream were part of the package when it came to marrying Starlight, she knew that all three of them were going to become a huge part of her life, not just Starlight.


While Cadence began to head towards the dining hall, Starlight went to wake her daughters up. She first headed to Toolaroola's chambers. She knocked on the door causing Toola to stir, "Ugh, this early? You normally don't wake me up this early."

Starlight could sense a bit of frustration in her daughter's voice but knew how to get her up more quickly. "Toola, Cadence is wanting to eat an early breakfast and leave early....and after she leaves, I have a huge surprise for you and Coconut."

This caused Toola to shoot up to where she was sitting straight up before getting out of bed. She had a smile on her face, "Alright mom, I'll get up early despite still being tired."

She quickly got up and joined her mom in heading towards Coconut's chambers. Coconut was already fully awake when Starlight knocked on her door, "Alright mom, I know Cadence is wanting an early breakfast with her leaving early today."

Starlight was happy that Coconut remembered about Cadence's departure, "Yep, she is and after that, you two are going to be getting the biggest surprises of your lives."

Toola and Coconut smiled at one another as they had a feeling as to what it was that was going to happen but did not say anything. As they entered the dining hall, there was Cadence with a smile on her face. Neither one of the two cared for Cadence despite most everypony else, especially Bright Beam, seeming to trust her. Cadence greeted the two, "Good morning your Majesties."

Toola replied, "Morning."

Coconut added, "Good morning to you too princess."

Starlight gave Toola a curious look but didn't say anything. While both of her daughters cared about her deeply and were concerned about her heart being broke, she knew that Toola had spent more time with Bright Beam while she still hated Cadence and that she would be civil towards Cadence but not exactly kind or all that respectful.

Coconut wanted to know more about Cadence's plans so once they got sat down she asked, "So your Majesty, what are your plans for while you're in Ponyville?"

Cadence gave her a smile, "Coconut, we don't need to be so formal because soon I'll be your mom too!" She paused before continuing, "Well I'll be spending plenty of time with Rarity and her friends, taking them out for meals and we'll do plenty of talking. They were there for me before I married Shining Armor and they'll be there for me this time too."

While Coconut seemed to genuinely care, Toola had a disinterested look on her face before asking, "So how long do you plan on being gone?"

Toola had a bit of a bite to her voice but Cadence didn't show any nervousness, "Well I'll be gone until Saturday morning and then I'll come back with the girls....and then I'll marry your mom and we'll become one happy family!"

Both girls faked smiles and nodded as the castle chef came in to take their orders, "So your Majesties, what do you want for breakfast?"

In unison the four said, "The usual."

The chef nodded and headed back to fix their breakfast. Once he was out of earshot Cadence cheerfully added, "Won't that be wonderful? You two will have parents who are married, probably like how it was back in your world!"

Coconut replied, "Yeah, instead of it being a mom and a dad I'll have two moms but still, I'll have legally married parents."

Toola sighed, "I was raised by a single mom so having one parent is normal for me and when it came to Twibitch, she never really counted since her and Starlight were never married" she then turned to Starlight and added, "and deep down I always knew she was fake, I always knew she was false."

Starlight wasn't sure if Toola was simply being that way because it was Twilight who hurt her or if she still didn't trust Cadence but wanted to put any concerns she had at ease, "Toola, Cadence is nothing like my bitch sister. She would never hurt you, ever!"

Cadence added, "And I'm going to love you two like I would my own child."

Toola mumbled, "It isn't like she could hurt us anyway." before asking, "Speaking of your own child, where is Flurry anyway? I haven't seen her for a couple of days."

Cadence replied, "She is down visiting Celestia, she is due to arrive back tomorrow."

Starlight added, "It is a good thing too because she'll be present for a very important event, an event that all of Equestria will celebrate!"

She was giving the two a smile and Toola began to wonder if her suspicions were correct and that tomorrow would be the day that it would become official, the day her and Toola had been promised long ago. She had a smile on her face as she added, "And I'm assuming with you two getting married that Flurry will become a step half-sister?"

Cadence happily replied, "Yes, she will and I know you three will grow even closer!"

Coconut had a smile on her face upon hearing the news while Toola had to fake a smile. She did her best to be civil with Flurry Heart yet her behavior was something that she found incredibly annoying and she thought of her as dimwitted compared to pretty much every other pony she had met, both in her world and in Equestria. Toola distantly replied, "Sounds good."

The chef then came into the dining hall with their meals. He gave them a smile, "Here are your meals your Majesties."

The four nodded and smiled before digging into their meals. Normally Cadence would leisurely eat her meal but that morning she was scarfing it down. This was not normal and it did concern Starlight, "Sweetie, what's wrong? I've never seen you eat this quick before."

Cadence replied, "I just want to get going because of the 72 hour tradition because it is bad luck if that is deviated from, just look at what happened between me and Shining Armor when that was broken."

The girls rolled their eyes over the comment as they knew what caused their marriage to fall apart. They knew it was her infidelity and not deviating from some silly 72 hour tradition that led to their divorce. Neither was going to say anything though because they didn't want to stir the pot any and in the case of Toola, risk what her suspicions had been as of late. She had a strong feeling that Starlight was going to do what it took to keep Canterlot and Equestria safe from Twilight during her absence.


After breakfast Starlight, Cadence and the girls headed to the balcony facing east. Once they got to the balcony Cadence gave Starlight a smile. Alright sweetie, I better get going. She gave her a smile and a kiss before adding, "I'm going to miss you so much but in the end it will be all worth it. In the end we'll be together forever, we'll be one big happy family forever." She cast her gaze at Toolaroola and Coconut Cream before adding, "And I know you two may still have your concerns but I'll never cheat on your mom, ever."

Coconut pretended to believe her, "Alright, I believe you."

Toola again had a bit more of a bite to her voice, "Whatever."

Starlight gave Cadence a concerned look, "Don't worry, she'll come around." She paused before whispering in her ear, "She spent more time around Bright Beam when she still hated you than Coconut did but she will come around and love you as much as she does me."

Cadence whispered back, "I'm sure she will." She gave Starlight another kiss before adding, "I love you Starlight." She turned to the girls and added, "I love you too girls."

She then took flight towards Ponyville and Starlight turned to Toola, "Toola, I know you still don't trust her but could you at least pretend to see her as a mother once we're married."

Toola sighed, "Fine but I'll still see her as just as fake and false as Twibitch."

Coconut was doing a far better job of hiding her disdain towards her future step-mother, "I don't trust her but I'll try my best to accept her."

Starlight gave the girls a smile, "Alright, now let's head back to the throne room and I'll give you the huge surprises I have for you." Her smile got bigger, "Trust me, this will easily be the biggest surprise you'll ever get in your life."

The two followed Starlight towards the throne room. Both had a very strong feeling as to what was about to happen. Coconut was already thinking about how she could be a co-ruler that Equestria would love while Toola was beginning to think about exacting revenge on the one pony she hated most, the one who had injured her. She began to think about exacting revenge against Twilight Sparkle and knew exactly when she could do it, while Starlight and Cadence were on their honeymoon.

PreviousChapters Next