• Published 31st Oct 2019
  • 4,116 Views, 36 Comments

Take Your Nephew to Work Night - TAD2



Tomorrow is take you child to work day. But seeing at Spike Drake is the secret son of Princess Celestia, he can't really enjoy such a day with his mother. So how about the next best thing; A night out with his aunt.

  • ...
3
 36
 4,116

Take Your Nephew to Work Night pt.1

Luna was walking down the path of dreams in the Dream Realm. She, after having a long winded argument with her sister, had decided to go along with her plan. Luna was looking for Spike’s dream door so she could enter into his dream. But so far she was unable to locate it. Luna groaned. “He must not be asleep yet.” Luna sighed. “Tia, I know thou wishes to be with thy son, but, mother said ‘that’ spell is only experimental.” Luna groaned. “I do not think Princess Twilight will be ready for this, if the spell doesn’t work as thou intend it to.”


Still in the real world Spike was finishing up the last panel of the comic. “The Mane-iac was attempting to steal the formula for the worlds strongest hair spray, Commissioner. But she forgot to account for Humdrum ducking under the manhole cover before she captured us.” Read Spike as he yawned. “Thanks for your service to the city Power Ponies.” Finished Spike as he closed the comic. He placed the book onto the night stand and turned off the light. Spike looked out the window. After the castle popped out of the ground, Twilight and Spike had hundreds of rooms to choose from. But only one of them had a great view of Canterlot, and that was Spikes room. Spike looked at Canterlot in the distance. “Good night mom.” Said Spike as he let sleep take over.


In the Dream Realm, Luna was still looking for Spike’s dream, suddenly she felt a small tingle on her spine. This meant that another pony has entered their dream, and thanks to her connection to the dream world, she was able to locate the dream quickly. Using her magic Luna teleported to right in front of the new door, it was like every other door in the realm but this had something extra, instead of the name and cutie mark of the one dreaming, this door’s name plate, and crest were crafted by Luna. On the door was a gold plate, and the name ‘Spike Drake’ was engraved on it. Above it was a painting of a scroll with a green ring of fire around it. The painting was hoof painted by Luna. She smiled at seeing the door, this was Spike's door. "Finally." Said Luna. "I was getting worried, it's getting close to his bed time."

Luna used her magic to enter Spikes dream. Once she was inside, she started to look for Spike. "Now lets see what kind of dream our nephew is having tonight." Said Luna. Normally Spike would have a few different kinds of dreams. Dreams with Gems, and Rarity were the norm, but lately a female griffin has been popping up every once an a while. The next common were his cooking dream, dreams where the world was made of food that Spike loved to cook, they mostly involved gem dishes that Spike has learned to cook, but on more than one occasion they had been pony food, with real dream taste, those dreams were Luna's favorite, Spike was a great cook, and much better than the palace chefs. But tonight it looked like it was one of his Power Pony dreams.

Luna disliked these dreams, Spike was to young to read such comics, he was only 8, Power Ponies were rated for teenagers, and lately the publishers have been pushing the envelope with that rating. More violence, even some blood, and the worst part was the language in the latest issues, it was not appropriate for young readers. Luna sighed as she continued to look for Spike in her astral form up in the sky. But there was another option, if she became a physical part of the dream, she would be able to locate Spike in an instant, the only problem with that was she would have to assume control of a character in the dream, both physically and mentally, and only the dreamer would know who they were, and depending on what kind of dream it was, this could really backfire. Luna shivered at the thought. "Seriously, the Mane-iac is insane, and that hair, how does she even do it?" Asked Luna. But right now was not the time for questions for the writers, now was time to spend with Spike. Luna had seen many dreams with Maretropaliss as its setting. There were only a few places that the Power Ponies ever entered. Luna looked down to the streets. The police ponies were rounding up the Mane-iac's henchponies. But the Power Ponies were no where to be found. That meant they were heading back to their home. "They must be heading back to Masked Matterhorn's mansion.

Luna knew the location of the mansion, and flew straight for it. Luna smiled. "Thankfully Spike isn't having one of those, action packed middle often story dreams, it looks like one of his 'make up the end of the story dreams.' Thought Luna.

Once she arrived at the mansion, Luna, still in her astral form, phased into the building. She started searching from the top of the mansion and made her way down.

Luna searched the upper levels of the mansion for a few minutes until she heard the sound of ponies talking. "Are you sure you don't want to join me and Fili tonight Humdrum? Her parents said they would love to help some one else tomorrow."

Humdrum shook his head. "Na, I got to update the main computer down stairs, you go have fun with Fili, Matterhorn."

Matterhorn was unsure it that was wise. "Really? But what about Saddle, Mare-velous, Zapp, or Radiance, I know they would love to have you join them tomorrow."

Humdrum sighed as he shook his head. "I would like to, but you forgot, they left the moment we captured the Mane-iac. I couldn't catch up with them even if I tried." Said Humdrum.

Matterhorn sighed. "Fine, but the moment were done, Fili is going to run us back here, and I'm spending the rest of the day with you, got that?" Asked Matterhorn.

Humdrum nodded. "Yeah, yeah, get your flanks in gear, or do you want to deal with General Maud next?" Asked Humdrum. (A/N: Yes I know, but Zod, Maud, it works.)

Matterhorn smiled, she pulled Humdrum into a hug. "See you later Humdrum."

Humdrum returned the hug. "You too Matterhorn, have a good time." Humdrum looked over to Fili-Second. "You too, Fili, have a great time and I'm sorry for her in advance."

Fili smiled as she ran at super speed and gave Humdrum a hug, got Matterhorn off of him, and left the mansion in a matter of a half second.

Now that he was alone. Humdrum sighed. "I thought I could of escaped this in here, but I guess not." Said Spike, as he removed the dream mask.

"Then why don't you?" Asked Luna as she floated down from the ceiling. She smiled at Spike. "Hello nephew, how are you tonight?"

Spike ran over to Luna and tried to wrap his arms around her front leg to hug her, but he forgot that she was still in her astral form, so she was not physically solid. He landed face first on the carpet. Luna giggled as she used her magic to pick him up. "Spike, this happens every time." She then used her magic to change Spike's dream to a copy of Celestia's study. She then added a copy of herself in to the dream so she could control it.

She placed Spike onto one of the soft chairs, she moved her copy into the chair next to his and took control of it. Now she was solid, and she had control of the dream. She lowered the sun in the back ground, lit the fire place to add some ambiance, and popped in a full tea set for Spike and herself to enjoy, accompanied by a large assortment of cakes. She levitated Spike a cup of tea and a slice of cake with a large emerald on the top. Spike looked at Luna. "Aunt Luna, as much as I love to see you, and this is one of my favorite places to talk to you, something is telling me that this isn't a social call."

Luna took a sip of her tea as she nodded. "Yes, I know you wish to be with thy mother tomorrow, but the secret of your relationship with us is in the way."

Spike sighed, there was only one pony that knew how he felt. "Twilight sent a letter, didn't she?"

Luna nodded. "She did, and Celestia was deeply upset to hear this from her. She is planning something as a surprise for you, no I will not divulge the particulars, but for now, Tia has asked me to spend the night with you tonight as a way to give you the experience you desire."

Spike sighed, as he put the cup back on the tray. He hopped down from the seat and walked over to Luna. Luna lifted Spike up, and Spike wrapped his arms around her barrel. "Thanks Aunt Luna." Said Spike.

Luna smiled as she wrapped her legs around Spike. "Your welcome Spike." Said Luna. She levitated Spike back to his seat. Then she started to giggle.

Spike looked at his aunt. "What's so funny?" Asked Spike.

Luna stopped giggling. "Do you know why I always bring us to his room when I visit you?"

Spike shook his head. "No not really, aside from it being very nice, I just thought of it as any other room in the castle."

Luna shook her head. "I see, you don't remember it seems."

Spike thought for a moment. He had been in this room only a few times before. Once with his mother when she had a day off from day court, once when he and Twilight were summoned and sent to Ponyville, and the last time was the Grand Galloping Gala, where he officially was introduced to Luna. Spike gasped. "This is the place we officially met, and the place I first called you my aunt and not Nightmare Moon."

Luna smiled. "That's right, you were the first creature that didn't just scream the moment they saw me, instead we enjoyed a nice cup of tea and talked for hours, mostly you, but I wanted to learn about you Spike, and I will always treasure that night. So if you can find it in your heart to forgive Celestia for not being there, would you like to see what its like to be the Princess of Dreams?" Asked Luna.

Spike smiled. "Of course, but after a few more cakes." Said Spike as he stuffed 7 cakes into his mouth.

Luna sighed. "You truly are Tia's son." Said Luna as she refilled her cup.

Author's Note:

Same old, same old, what did you like, what didn't you like, where could I improve? Tell me in the comments, and thank you all for the support.