• Published 31st Oct 2019
  • 997 Views, 6 Comments

Tears of an Angel - Nailah



Fluttershy is visiting her parents to enjoy a pleasant evening with them.

  • ...
1
 6
 997

The only chapter

Fluttershy, and her parents were sitting down at the time for supper, it was just like any other day. Fluttershy smiled, as she helped her mother to set the table. Fluttershy felt happy to spend some quality time with her parents. At least, Zephyr wasn't here. She sighed in relief.

“So how goes the school of friendship?” questioned Mrs. Shy softly, striking up a conversation with her daughter.

“Oh you know, it's not bad at all. I'm getting to meet all sorts of creatures, and helping them understand the meaning of friendship, through kindness.” Fluttershy explained, then suddenly the door slammed open, and Mr. Shy came walking in. He went right towards her mother, and began yelling at her.

“How dare you, how dare you think you can treat me like this! And you.” he turned his attention towards Fluttershy. “How dare you think you could show up unannounced. You never visit, and when you do all you do is talk about things that don't matter. I wish you'd just stay at that stupid school of whatever it is.” shouted Mr.Shy, tone threatening and hostile.

Fluttershy felt the tears rolling down her face, and without even a thought, just looked at her mother. Her mother just nodded towards her. She hated leaving her, ears drooped to her side, but she ran out of the sky home she knew, and flew down to Ponyville. Heading straight for Applejack's farm, and shouting out for her friend.

“APPLEJACK!” she shouted as she landed upon the ground, letting out a heavy sigh, before she felt the emotions taking her, she started sobbing, head down,

Fluttershy sobbed, hiding her face under her forehooves, gaze downwards and dis-trot.

“Fluttershy, what's wrong sugarcube?” questioned Applejack, tilting her head down.

Fluttershy continued sniffling, trying to form words, but she just let out an “eep”.

“Come on...I promise I'm right here for ya. I ain't about to leave.” Applejack spoke, wanting to calm her down.

“It's just...I feel like I don't matter.” Fluttershy whimpered aloud.

“What? Horseapples! Of course you matter. Every pony here cares about you, and we hate seeing you sad. Come on, hard times happen, and life can be a mess, but you can't let that get you down. You've got to fight, get up and rise up on all fours, and try and try again, until you get to a point where you are happy.” Applejack explained, extending a hoof towards her friend.

Fluttershy whimpered, but gently lifted her gaze upwards to see the gentle look in Applejack's gaze. Her ears drooped slightly, but she reached out to take her hoof, and stood up from the ground.

“Fluttershy, look at me Sugarcube, we all cherish you dearly, and we don't want to see you suffering. If you ever need a shoulder to cry on, or just an ear to listen, come to me. I've always got time for you.” Applejack spoke, wrapping both arms around her and hugging her tightly.

Fluttershy eeped slightly against her, flushing ever so slightly. She took a deep breath and let go.

“My father keeps getting drunk on cider. I don't know why, but it's affected me more than I realized. I just feel like there's nothing I can do to save him.”

“Sugarcube, sometimes you can't save every creature. I know we all wish we could, but sometimes you have to remember what's most important, and that's yourself. Remember that.” Applejack spoke, letting go of her friend, staying right by her side.

Fluttershy's lips curled slightly upwards into a soft smile. Applejack was always here, she felt like whenever she needed someone, it was always her that extended her hoof first. She knew all her friends cared, and she knew they always would, but there was something special about Applejack.

“Okay...” Fluttershy managed to speak. She took a deep breath, letting out a gentle scream that was hardly heard.

“Did it help?” questioned Applejack gently.

“A little, but what helps the most is knowing you're here for me. Knowing that helps.” Fluttershy responded, with a slight nod of her head.

“Well, Sugarcube, I ain't going anywhere. Would you like to stay here at the barn tonight? It's getting late, and I am sure Big Mac, and Apple Bloom wouldn't mind the company.”

“Oh...I shouldn't intrude.” Fluttershy spoke, ears drooped.

“I insist.” Applejack responded, flatly.

Fluttershy gulped, fidgeting. She opened her mouth to speak, when she heard Apple Bloom call out.

“Applejack! You're food is going to get cold, come on sis.” Apple Bloom called out.

“Come on Fluttershy, you're just as much family to me as she is. Stay.” spoke Applejack, wrapping an arm around her friend. Fluttershy flushed, blinking, nodding her head, and walking towards the apple family barn. For just one night, she could escape her troubles, and forget about her father, she could just feel the comfort of a real embrace. And know she was safe, knowing she was loved, knowing she was valued. She mattered.

“Hey Fluttershy. How are you?” questioned Apple Bloom, tilting her head curiously, towards the pegasus.

“I'm alright. Have you been remembering to do your lessons for the school?” Fluttershy questioned, wanting to get her mind off of home. Her gaze shifted from side to side, moving her forehoof against her other leg, hesitantly.

“Oh yeah. I've got so many ideas! Would you like to hear about them? I really could use a second opinion!” spoke Apple Bloom, excitedly, jumping up and down, and grabbing Fluttershy by the hoof. Fluttershy just giggled slightly and allowed Apple Bloom to guide her, to show her what she had been working on.

“But what about supper?” questioned Fluttershy.

“Oh gosh, I almost forgot. Can't eat on an empty stomach. That's just no way to get work done! I just get so excited, I forget the simple things.”

“It's the simple things in life that matter.” spoke Applejack wrapping an arm around Fluttershy. “Like how you belong here, with us. You going to be alright Sugarcube?”

“I think so...” Fluttershy spoke, nuzzling her head against Applejack's, lidding her eyes, and just enjoying the warmness, the closeness of their bodies so snugly close together. For a moment, just a second, she felt safe, cherished, and valued. Truly, she was home.

Author's Note:

written on the spur of the moment so there's bound to be flaws, but this piece is very heavily inspired from something that happens to me quite often. However, I don't have the Applejack to take me in, I go online and talk to my friends and they remain me I matter, I am worth so much more. I love you all so much. <3.

Comments ( 6 )

Could tell very early this was going to be a catharsis piece. Nothing wrong with that, we all need to vent.

Also, it is actually very clean. Only really saw a comma which should have been a period and a period outside of quote marks but that was all I noticed.

There's nothing bad about turning an vent into creative catharsis short story. We all need to vent at times when life goes wrong. It was actually very clean. There are few grammar errors with commas and period. Along with the story feeling abit too short. But that's okay tho! Keep on try to improve! And didn't give up hope! ^^

Good story but a bit rushed in the middle

not read the fic yet but was this inspired by the song of the same name?

10265814
No, inspired by my real life

10265891
hope your ok now also would you like a link to the song

Login or register to comment