• Published 26th Oct 2019
  • 2,066 Views, 10 Comments

Misplaced Reasoning - Jhoira



Twilight has to apologize to Trixie before her coronation.

  • ...
4
 10
 2,066

Little Words

Trixie groaned gently as she dragged herself over to the door of her wagon and opened the door. “Who dares to interrupt the great and power... Oh... Twilight Sparkle.” Trixie frowned as Twilight Sparkle was one of the last ponies she’d have expected to be knocking on her door so early.

“Heya Trixie, can I come in?” Twilight smiled at her past rival. She was running low on time before her coronation and needed to tie up a few loose ends with Trixie.

Trixie huffed a little. She was, at best, friendly with Twilight Sparkle. They weren’t friends but they weren’t enemies anymore either. “Fine, Twilight Sparkle, but don’t touch anything.” Trixie backed up letting Twilight into the small wagon, huffing again. “What can the great and powerful Trixie do for you this morning Twilight Sparkle?”

Twilight sat down and closed the door to the wagon. She couldn’t help but smile at her past rival. “I’m sorry, Trixie.” Twilight let her sentence sink in, watching Trixie’s face go from surprise, to triumph, to suspicion and then to confusion. “I have treated you unfairly in the past.”

Trixie was a bit non-plussed by the turn of events. She and Twilight had settled into a truce of them tolerating each other for the sake of Starlight. But now it seemed Twilight Sparkle wanted to change the game. “Trixie agrees, but she’s a little confused how this came up...”

Twilight smiled faintly. “Well to be honest I was going back over the friendship book. Looking back at all the lessons we learned over the years.” Twilight smiled and raised a hoof pressing it against Trixie’s chest. “I was unfair to you Trixie.”

Trixie looked down at the hoof presses against her before raising a hoof and pushing Twilight off of her. It was a bit rude but so was touching other ponies without permission. “No argument here, Twilight Sparkle. Was that all?” While they were still just hovering around friendly to each other this did make Trixie feel a bit better about Twilight.

“No, not really.” Twilight smiled at the other mare. “I wanted to tell you why I reacted poorly to you.”

Trixie frowned a little and tilted her head. “Trixie... Supposes... That is acceptable.” Trixie didn’t particularly care, it wasn’t something that currently affected her. Twilight and her friends were certainly sharers, Trixie really wasn’t.

Twilight smiled and shook her head at Trixue’s obvious reaction. “I promise this has a point, Trixie.” Trixie sighed but nodded, sitting down to listen to Twilight’s story. “I’ll cut out the parts that don’t involve you, great and powerful Trixie.” Trixie’s ears perked up slightly at that. “I thought you’d appreciate that.”

Trixie rolled her eyes. “Well, it is about time you recognize Trixie’s greatness.”

Twilight smiled a little and nodded. “It really is about time I recognized a lot about you, Trixie.” As Trixie was about to ask a question the Princess got up and closed the distance between the two. Pressing up against Trixie gently she whispered. “Like how beautiful you are.”

Trixie recoiled like Twilight had just burst into flames, stumbling back almost falling into one of her prop boxes she stared at the Princess in her wagon. "E-Explain yourself, Twilight Sparkle!"

Twilight smiled, sitting down across from Trixie. "I'm sorry Trixie, but I couldn't resist." Twilight giggled gently as Trixie sorted herself and sat, still eyeing Twilight suspiciously. "I'm afraid that my past hostility towards you was... Misplaced affection."

Trixie stared at the Princess before shaking her head. "No... You... You cannot be serious! You like... And that was... Are you a foal!?"

Twilight smiled, raising an eyebrow at Trixie's hostility. "I agree it wasn't very mature, Trixie." Trixie nodded in satisfaction before Twilight continued. "But you know, it wasn't very mature for you to do the same."

Trixie blinked and then scowled. "Trixie did no such thing!"

Twilight got up, slowly pacing towards Trixie, who leaned back a bit but couldn't go anywhere in the small wagon. "Oh, don't think I didn't notice how you almost instantly set your sights on me. Rainbow Dash and Applejack you took on as challengers. But I saw you how you looked at me."

Trixie blushed, biting her bottom lip and looking to the side. "T-Trixie... Uh... Trixie did not..." Trixie suddenly looked back at Twilight, her eyes hardening. "If that were true why were you so mean to Trixie then!? If you knew this then why would you do this to Trixie!?"

Twilight nodded, lowering her head slightly to the other pony. "I said I was mistaken, Trixie. And I am very sorry for it. I was avoiding my own feelings and I lashed out at you more harshly than was required."

Trixie frowned a little, it was a bit harder than she thought to be angry at Twilight while she was apologizing. The frown deepening as a few thoughts floated into Trixie's head. "But Twilight Sparkle, why did you avoid your feelings?"

Twilight giggled gently and shook her head. "It was me being foolish. It was me trying to avoid distractions from my work." Trixie tilted her head a little. "Some ponies go off about how they thought they were straight, or how it might affect their family. But before I met my friends, well, was forced to meet my friends, romance and friends seemed like a distraction. My friends made me accept that friendship was good but romance still seemed like an unnecessary distraction."

Trixie nodded, pausing for a moment before motioning towards the door a little. "Twilight Sparkle... Can... Can you give Trixie time to think about... This?"

Twilight nodded, smiling as she got up. "Of course, but you can just call me Twilight now." Heading towards the door and looking over her shoulder, waving a hoof to the other pony. "I'll talk to you later, Trixie."

Trixie hesitated for a moment then shook her head. "Trixie will talk to you later, Twilight Sparkle."

Twilight sighed as she nodded, walking away from Trixie's wagon. It was unfortunate, but Twilight guessed she was too late to save that crush she had. She couldn't blame Trixie though, it was her own fault.


Twilight looked up in surprise as the doors to her library were pushed open. While the newly coronated princess didn't have a closed-door policy by any means, but it was unusual for her to get an unannounced visitor. She grinned a little when she recognized a bright purple cape and hat, with star patterns on it. But it was the last word of the coming question that turned her grin into a bright smile. "Trixie was wondering if you had some time to talk, Twilight?"

Comments ( 10 )

good nuff bit short still have a like

9907841
Yay! Yeah, I like writing short little fluffs right now. I'm doing waaaaaaaaay too many other projects to write something longer.

Anyways good Jhoira. And a pairing I like to see.

9910934
Hehe, did you mean always or were we having an off-topic conversation I was unaware of? :D

9911014
I want to make a snarky content to that, but I am just once again consumed with rage at my brand new, state of the art, latest and greatest, gigantic piece of junk phone. It's been murder editing my latest story. Yes, always good. And my phone just tried airways that time around. But it also just called itself puke instead of phone, so that's good.

9911039
Oh yeah, phones are infuriating about autocorrect. Sometimes I just turn mine off.

9911127
Will there be a sequel of any kind?

9969644
I wasn't really planning on one but since this one seemed rather popular so maybe.

Could use some fleshing out. Looking forward to theoretical sequel.

Yeah, I wish there was more story to go along with Trixie and Twilights relationship.

Login or register to comment