• Published 26th Oct 2019
  • 1,728 Views, 293 Comments

Celestia XVII: The Broken Princess - brokenimage321



Celestia's twenty now--but her problems have only gotten bigger.

  • ...
6
 293
 1,728

Exclusive Interview: Princess Celestia Tells All!

Read On For Exclusive Insights Into Her Friends, Her Job, and Her Love Life!

By Nosy Nag

Our beloved Princess of the Sun needs no introduction, of course—and yet, the sassy young mare who I sat down with had a lot of surprises to share with you, the loyal readers of Ponies Magazine! Read on as Celestia shares secrets about herself, her friends, and (gasp!) the identity of a certain special somepony we’ve all been hearing rumors about!

Celestia XVII, Equestria’s Sixty-Third Princess of the Sun, has accomplished a great deal in her short reign. It all began when she was only twelve, when her mother, our last Princess, lost her battle with a lifelong illness. As is tradition, little Cece put on the Peytral Aurum, the badge of her office, the same day her mother passed away. She already had a horn of her own, but the Peytral gave her wings, making her a true Princess. But, despite her new wings, there was definitely turbulence in store for our little Cece!

Which is why it meant to much to Celestia to have a second family waiting in the (figurative!) wings. She and her older brother, Prince Blueblood, were taken in by Twilight Velvet, one of their mother’s old school friends. Mrs. Velvet and her husband raised the two of them alongside their own children, the younger of whom, Twilight Sparkle, two years Cece’s junior, already happened to be her best friend! Though Celestia missed her mother terribly, Twilight and her family offered her a wonderful, safe, and loving environment to grow up in—which, with all the chaos, is exactly what she needed.

For the first several years of her reign, Celestia had to work hard to figure out what it took to be a Princess. There were lots of little hiccups along the way, of course, but her first big trial came three years ago, shortly after she turned seventeen. While visiting the little town of Ponyville with Twilight, Celestia was confronted with the end result of an ancient, forgotten prophecy—the return of the legendary Nightmare Moon, destined to wreak havoc on Equestria! Celestia and her friends managed to defeat the monster using the ancient Elements of Harmony, but there was another surprise in store for them: the magic they had used to defeat Nightmare Moon didn’t kill her, but instead turned her back into the long-lost Princess of the Moon (and, coincidentally, Twilight’s sixty-first great-grandmother)—Princess Luna I of Equestria!

Now, I’m sure you all remember the sparks that flew between Luna and Celestia. Celestia was used to running Equestria more-or-less on her own, but Luna, who revived the long-vacant Lunar Throne, was old and set in her ways—and, as it turned out, she had quite the temper. For months, Luna tried to make Celestia behave the way she thought she should, but Celestia was having none of it.

The fight between the two of them came to a real head during the Grand Galloping Gala, three years ago. Celestia had invited Twilight and her friends to the party, and worked hard to make sure they had a good time, but a quiet evening simply wasn’t in the cards for them. Everything that could go wrong, did go wrong, including a raging elephant, escaped from the Royal Menagerie, that charged through the middle of the ballroom! Celestia got hurt as the room collapsed, and was treated for her injuries at Canterlot General. We were all terrified for her—this reporter especially—but, as it turned out, a stay in the hospital healed more than just her physical wounds.

While she there, she had a real heart-to-heart with her brother, Prince Blueblood. They hadn’t really gotten along since they were kids, but, as Blueblood told us later, seeing his sister almost get killed made him realize what was really important. The two of them reconciled, and, on his advice, Celestia returned to the scene of the crime to apologize to Princess Luna.

That apology was very nearly the last mistake she ever made! By all reports, Luna was already so angry at her that she nearly tore Celestia’s throat out, even injured as she was. During the shouting match, though, Luna accidentally revealed what had her so worked up: she was afraid that Celestia wasn’t taking her job as Princess seriously, and of what would happen if and when she simply couldn’t be the Princess that Equestria needed her to be.

After more shouting and tears, the two of them managed to work out something of a plan: Luna would go to Ponyville to figure herself out, and to spend time with her granddaughter Twilight. Meanwhile, Celestia would stay in Canterlot to rule, with her newly-minted advisor Blueblood helping to keep things on an even keel.

Since then, things have quieted down a great deal. Celestia now peacefully shares her Royal duties with Luna, and the two of them have learned to get along. Twilight Sparkle continues to stay in Ponyville, and, though she’s dearly missed in Canterlot, she’s really started to thrive out on her own. And, most exciting of all, Celestia has started dating somepony—a Wonderbolt by the name of Soaring Skies! (We’ve reached out to this still-mysterious, up-and-coming officer, so keep an eye out for yet another exclusive Nosy Nag interview soon!)

Now, I know what you’re thinking: this all sounds rather fantastical, doesn’t it? Don’t worry—the pony that I spoke to was very much a down-to-earth twenty-year-old, quite different than her rebellious self of three years ago. Now she spends her time working in the Palace, going on dates with Lt. Skies, and playing her trumpet to relax. By all indications, Equestria is safe in her more-than-capable hooves.

To learn more about the youngest Princess of the Sun in over a century, turn the page and read the rest of our interview, where we discuss her day-to-day job, what it’s like dating somepony as a Princess, and the best place to get doughnuts at 2AM in Canterlot!