• Published 21st Oct 2019
  • 2,393 Views, 9 Comments

By the Fire - CapNTilfy



On a brisk fall evening, Applejack decides to come clean to Rainbow Dash...

  • ...
5
 9
 2,393

Warm Feelings

Applejack waved goodbye as Pinkie Pie drove away, then walked back to the bonfire where all of her friends had been. Now it was just her and Rainbow Dash.

The farm girl gulped. She and Rainbow Dash had been good friends since they met at the Freshman Fair at Canterlot High, but lately... Applejack had began to develop romantic feelings for the athlete. Now, the fact that she was attracted to a woman came as no surprise to her. She had came out as a lesbian late into her sophomore year, and of course her friends were supportive.

As for Rainbow Dash, she came out as bi a few weeks ago. Come to think of it, that was around the time Applejack started looking at her in a different light...

The farm girl shook her head quickly and brought herself back to reality. That was all then and there. This is the here and now, and now she was going to tell Rainbow how she felt. Here, at Sweet Apple Acres, where the sun was setting and fall was in full swing.

A brisk breeze blew around Applejack, and she made her way back to the bonfire. She sighed along the way, worrying that she'd be rejected. She'd had her fair share of those over her time in high school.

The light of the fire became visible to the farm girl, and she stopped and closed her eyes. With a deep breath and exhale, she continued forth.

"...Dash?"

"Yeah?" Rainbow turned around and smiled, causing Applejack to stop dead in her tracks and heat to rise in her face. The farm girl's heart skipped a beat.

"...I ...I wanna talk to you about something..." Applejack cleared her throat in an effort to calm her nerves. "...a mite personal." She sat down a few feet away from the athlete.

"Okay..."

The farm girl closed her eyes and took a deep breath, then exhaled and opened them. This was it. No backing down now!

"Rainbow... we've been friends for years. Been through all sorts of craziness, had our friendships tested all sorts of ways."

The athlete nodded.

"But recently?" Applejack took her hat off and looked Rainbow straight in the eye. "I've been thinking of you as more than just a friend."

The athlete's eyes widened, and Applejack felt a twinge of fear. This was what she was worried about. Nonetheless, she went for broke.

"I mean, you're more than just awesome to me. You never quit, always finishin' what you start. You never give up on anyone or anything. You've got a great heart, Rainbow Dash... and I think I'm in love with you."

A deafening silence fell, save for the crackling of the bonfire. The athlete stood still while Applejack's heart hammered in her chest.

"...AJ." Rainbow scooted closer to the farm girl.

"Y-Yeah?"

In the blink of an eye, Rainbow Dash embraced Applejack and kissed her. The farm girl locked up momentarily, then wrapped her arms around the athlete with a happy sigh.

Rainbow broke the kiss and gazed at Applejack. "AJ. You're the only person at Canterlot High who can keep up with me. You always, always tell the truth. You're just as loyal and dependable as I am!" The athlete blushed. "You're pretty damn hot, too. I mean, you're stacked and jacked!"

Applejack felt heat rise to her face. True, her body had been well-toned from years of working on the farm, but she never really thought of her breasts as large. Her 36D chest wasn't the biggest in high school, nor was it the biggest out of their group of friends. She came second only to Fluttershy in that department.

Rainbow smiled and caressed the farm girl's cheek. "So... yeah. I'm totally down to be your girlfriend."

Applejack shot over to the athlete and kissed her hard, licking her teeth.

Rainbow opened her mouth and exhaled through her nose as their tongues danced and thrashed. With a content sigh of her own, the athlete ran a hand through Applejack's hair as they transitioned from one kiss to another. Each kiss grew in strength and passion with the occasional soft moan from either of the girls.

Applejack put a hand on Rainbow's shoulder, then began to lower it, only for the athlete to grab her wrist.

"Whoa there, cowgirl," Rainbow said with a laugh as she placed the hand back on her shoulder. "I like going fast with many things, but this isn't one of them."

The farm girl blushed furiously. "Sorry 'bout that. I got a little carried away there."

"No worries. We've got plenty of time."

"Yeah," Applejack said as she put her head in Rainbow's lap. "We do."

"Let's make it official," Rainbow said, then pulled out her phone.

Applejack grinned and did the same.

Within minutes, the two updated their status on MyStable.

Rainbow Dash is in a relationship with Applejack

Applejack is in a relationship with Rainbow Dash

The new couple gazed at each other, enjoying the light of the bonfire as the flames continued to flicker and cause the firewood to crackle. Both Applejack's and Rainbow's phone buzzed. The two checked their phones.

OMG OMG OMG! - Pinkie Pie

Details. Now! - Rarity

Oh, how wonderful! - Fluttershy

Super happy for you guys! - Sunset

Congratulations, you two! - Twilight

Applejack and Rainbow laughed together.

"I wish I could've seen the looks on their faces," Rainbow said with a grin.

"Oh, I'm sure Pinkie'll tell us all about her reaction."

The couple shared another laugh, then sighed.

"We're gonna have to set some time aside for ourselves," Applejack said.

"We'll figure something out," Rainbow said, then pecked the farm girl on the forehead.

Applejack fidgeted slightly. "This don't feel right. Hang on a sec." The farm girl walked to the barn, then returned with a large bale of hay and set it down a safe distance away from the fire. "C'mere, Dashie."

Rainbow walked over to the bale as Applejack sat down with her back on it. The athlete sat next to her, then took her by the hand and laced their fingers together.

"Much better," the farm girl said contentedly as she leaned on her girlfriend.

"Yeah," Rainbow agreed dreamily. "I love you."

"I love you too, hon."

Applejack and Rainbow Dash stayed on the bale of hay and watched the fire, happy to be a part of each other's lives.

Comments ( 9 )

This was cute. Normally I'm pretty lukewarm on AppleDash but this was good enough to make me ship it for this story.

Are we gonna see other Applejack pairings? Since you did the AppleShy story and now AppleDash?

9898064
Oh, I plan on doing all of the Human(e) Seven pairings at some point. :pinkiehappy: I already did Sunset x Rarity for Pride Month.

Glad you enjoyed it!

9898090
Awesome. :yay: I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

Pretty fun. Boob size was super unnecessary and took me out of it a bit, but other than that great.

9899390
Thank you for the constructive criticism. I'll keep that in mind for future reference.

Glad you enjoyed it, though!

This was so cute! Also my mlp otp sksjksj!

9905660
Glad you enjoyed it! :twilightsmile:

Not typically an AppleDash shipper, but this was adorable! Ver cute!

In the blink of an eye, Rainbow Dash embraced Applejack and kissed her. The farm girl locked up momentarily, then wrapped her arms around the athlete with a happy sigh.

https://m.

"Oh, I'm sure Pinkie'll tell us all about her reaction."

Perhaps even throw a party for all we know. :ajsmug:

Login or register to comment