• Published 18th Oct 2019
  • 3,440 Views, 30 Comments

Anon-A-Miss Aftermath: Nightmares - CapNTilfy



On the evening of the Anon-A-Miss Incident, six key players suffer from nightmares...

  • ...
10
 30
 3,440

Trixie

Trixie Lulamoon found herself walking the halls of Canterlot High. Everyone smiled as she passed by, as though nothing had happened in the cafeteria. She didn't mind that in the slightest. With a smile of her own, she strode down the corridors to see the principal.

"Good morning, Principal Celestia!"

Celestia smiled as Trixie walked past her. "Good morning, Anon-A-Miss," she said cheerfully.

Trixie stopped in her tracks and turned around. "I-I'm sorry, what was that?"

Celestia walked away, without an answer.

Trixie scratched her head, then shrugged. Maybe she was hearing things. It was early in the morning, after all. Maybe some caffeine would fix that. She headed on over to the cafeteria, then stopped when she thought she saw Sunset Shimmer out of the corner of her eye.

Trixie turned around, and Sunset was nowhere in sight. She sighed. Her imagination seemed to be going crazy or something. Was a coffee or a soda really a good idea right now? She sputtered, then headed on over to detention to start her punishment. Six months was a ridiculously long time, but even she thought it was fair.

"Anon-A-Miss," a voice whispered. Trixie blinked, then looked behind herself to see nobody. She shook her head rapidly as uneasiness crept up on her.

Get a grip, Trixie. You probably just haven't had enough sleep lately, that's all.

Trixie figured she'd get caught up with it during detention. It's not like she could get in any more trouble than she already was, right? She shook her head. What was she thinking? The last thing she needed right now was to be in more trouble.

"Morning," a familiar voice said from behind Trixie.

Trixie yelped and jumped, then turned around to see Wallflower.

Wallflower's face turned a light shade of red as she gave Trixie a sheepish expression. "Sorry, did I startle you?"

Trixie sighed. "Don't worry about it, I was just deep in thought," she said with a dismissive hand wave as the two walked together. "Ready for the first day of the rest of our lives," she asked as they approached the door.

Wallflower gripped the doorknob. "As long as it's with you, Anon-A-Miss." She opened the door.

"Wait, what?"

A blinding light emanated from the door, and Trixie suddenly found herself on stage, behind the curtain with the sounds of people murmuring. She blinked in confusion, then yelped once she realized that she had no props, or even her favorite magician's hat! She nearly froze in place, but took a deep breath. This was nothing. She could be great and powerful even without the necessary tools!

"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls!"

Trixie grinned. The stage was where she was truly in her element.

"Presenting... Anon-A-Miss!"

Trixie's grin faded as the curtain drew back. Why was everyone calling her that?! She looked out into the crowd to see all the students from Canterlot High in attendance. A droplet of sweat fell from her forehead as mild feedback from an unseen microphone sounded off.

"Um... before we get the show started, I just wanted you all to know that I abandoned the stage name 'Anon-A-Miss' years ago." Trixie felt her natural confidence gradually return. "I am now known as the Great and Powerful Trrrrixie!" She gave the audience a dramatic pose... and was left with silence. She went back to a normal stance and tried to read the crowd in an awkward moment.

"'Trixie'? What kind of a name is that," an audience member heckled. The whole audience began to laugh at her.

Trixie blanched. Had everyone forgotten her name? The name she so tirelessly reminded her fellow students of? The name she was born with?

"Anon-A-Miss! Anon-A-Miss! Anon-A-Miss!"

Trixie slowly backed up as she shook her head. This couldn't be happening.

Suddenly, much like Trixie's confidence, the stage crumbled beneath her feet and she fell into darkness.

"Anon-A-Miss! Anon-A-Miss! Anon-A-Miss!"

Trixie fell onto a floor, then hugged herself with a deep sigh.

"Deliciously ironic, isn't it," a familiar voice asked.

Trixie looked up to see Sunset Shimmer, leering at her. "All of that hard work for nothing."

"Kicking the dog while it's down, Shimmer?"

Sunset grabbed Trixie by the collar and stood her up. "You have no right to talk," she growled. "After everything you and Wallflower put me through, to say nothing of my friends and the Crusaders!"

Trixie grit her teeth as guilt crept up on her.

"Don't tell me you've already forgotten the scream from the cafeteria..."

Sunset burst into flames and transformed into the demon she was during the night of the Fall Formal.

"...because I won't let you!" Sunset screamed, piercing Trixie's ears.

Trixie cried out in pain and covered her ears. When the sound dissipated, she looked at the demon. "W... What do you want from me?"

"I'm just here to remind you of what a horrible person you are... and that a deed such as yours deserves punishment."

"'Punishment'", Trixie asked in shock. "Wallflower and I were suspended for a week, then given detention for six months! What more could-" Her eyes widened.

"Anon-A-Miss! Anon-A-Miss! Anon-A-Miss!"

"Like I said," Sunset said with a smug smile and crossed arms. "'Deliciously ironic, isn't it?' My meltdown in the cafeteria exposed you and Wallflower as Anon-A-Miss."

"Anon-A-Miss! Anon-A-Miss! Anon-A-Miss!"

"Because of that," Sunset continued, "people everywhere have forgotten your real name. And you know what the best part about all of this is?"

"Anon-A-Miss! Anon-A-Miss! Anon-A-Miss!"

"Stop," Trixie muttered under her breath.

"The best part," Sunset said with a wicked smile. "Is that I'm no longer the only one whose past came to bite her in the ass."

"Anon-A-Miss! Anon-A-Miss! Anon-A-Miss!"

"Make it stop... please..." Trixie shuddered.

Sunset barked a laugh. "Do you have any idea how many times I said that to the voices in my head?!"

"Anon-A-Miss! Anon-A-Miss! Anon-A-Miss!"

"So no," Sunset said. "I'm not going to make it stop. You brought this on yourself, and you're going to have to live with it." She snapped her fingers and disappeared, leaving an increasingly desperate Trixie all by herself as the chanting and taunting continued.


Trixie slowly woke up and shivered.