• Published 19th Nov 2019
  • 1,194 Views, 11 Comments

EqG Tales: Monster High Edition - Brian Sheil



A collection of short stories featuring Twilight and friends getting together with the characters of Monster High

  • ...
5
 11
 1,194

PreviousChapters Next
6. Meeting of the Artistic Minds

Author's Note:

Many express their views in different ways. These artisitic girls, Photo Finish and Catrine DeMew, are two of them.

On a beautiful day in Canterlot City, Photo Finish finished a photo session With Octavia and Vinyl Scratch, Also known as DJ Pon-3.

"Thank you, ladies." Photo praised. "This will be grand. An elegant cello player and a Disc jockey might be a weird combo. But, very artistic."

"How nice of you to say that?" Octavia replied. "Vinyl and I do make the weirdest roommates to bunk together. However, we do get along very well."

Octavia and Vinyl left the scene as Photo's helpers, Violet Blur and Pixel Pizzazz, pack up their stuff. Photo places her camera in with the equipment.

"Be careful with that camera!" Photo ordered. "There is possible front page photos in there."

As her two helpers left, going back to their photo studio, Photo spotted an unusual young lady painting on her easel. This lady looks like a cat in a purple outfit. Photo decided to approach this mystery woman and check her out. The avid photographer recognized the lady. She tapped on her shoulder to address her.

"Catrine DeMew!" Photo announced. "We meet at last."

"Ah. Bonjour, Madamoiselle Photo Finish." Catrine DeMew replied. "A pleasure to finally meet you."

"What brings you here to Canterlot City?"

"I'm spending some of my vacation time with Rarity. She recommended me to come to this city. There are many places for my painting skills."

Photo took a look at Catrine's picture of the buildings. She was impressed. "This is very good, Catrine. You have a good eye for your painting masterpieces."

"I appreciate the comment, Photo." The artistic werecat said. "I am dedicated to my paints and easel the same way you're dedicated to your photography equipment."

Soon, a lunch cart comes along. Catrine offers a treat to Photo. "Shall we have lunch while my paint dries?"

Photo Finish nods. The two girls each had a hot dog and a can of soda. And, they both shared a soft pretzel.

"No offense to you, my feline friend," Photo Finish said, "but when I see a werecat, I think of those trouble makers at your school of Monster High."

"You mean Toralei Stripe, Purrsephonie, and Meowlody. Oui?" Catrine replied.

"Yes. Those three are truly bad news. I'm not sure how Frankie, Lagoona, and the other ghouls tolerate them."

Catrine puts her hand on Photo's shoulder. "Don't be upset, Photo. My friends always know how to deal with any situation Toralei creates. Besides, there is another werecat that is not like that dark trio."

Photo Finish realized who Catrine was talking about. "Oh, Ja! Catty Noir. The pop singer who wanted to be a normal student. I wonder if she still does her music act."

"She does sometimes." Catrine said.

The two girls enjoyed each other's company. Two days later, Photo Finish was tidying up her photo studio when her two helpers came in.

"Hey, Photo." Violet Blur said as she carried a package into the place. "Somebody left this for you."

"A package for me?" Photo blurted. "Let's see what it is."

Photo carefully ripped off the brown paper. The package turned out to be a painting of her and Catrine DeMew.

"Oh my gosh!" Pixel Pizzazz blurted. "Is that lady the painter, Catrine DeMew posing with you?"

"It is!" Photo said with excitement. "She must've painted this when she went back home."

Photo Finish and her helpers were astounded at this painting. Catrine holding her palette and paintbrush, and Photo holding her camera. It was a remarkable painting.

"Catrine DeMew," Photo Finish said to herself, "this is the beginning of an artistic friendship."

PreviousChapters Next