• Published 19th Nov 2019
  • 1,195 Views, 11 Comments

EqG Tales: Monster High Edition - Brian Sheil



A collection of short stories featuring Twilight and friends getting together with the characters of Monster High

  • ...
4
 11
 1,195

PreviousChapters Next
37. Appreciating the Past

Author's Note:

Rainbow Dash is not one for learning about the past. But, a friend of Twilight Sparkle's will change her views nicely.

Tourists see all the wonders of Old Canterlot Town. As a horse drawn buggy pass by, Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash look around.

"I'm glad you decided to join me for a day in Old Canterlot Town." Twilight cheered.

"I got nothing else better to do." Dash remarked. "Besides, this was Applejack's idea. She figured I needed a little look at the past."

The two girls came to a group of tourists at an old general store. Twilight saw an interesting looking girl with what looks like metal skin. This girl also had black hair with blue streaks.

"Robecca!" Twilight called out.

The girl turned around saw who's calling her. "Twilight Sparkle!"

Twilight rushed over, and the two girls hugged each other. Rainbow Dash saw the girl's gear like eyes, and figured out who Twilight called.

"Robecca Steam." Dash said. "We meet at last."

"Hello, Rainbow Dash." Robecca replied. "I was wondering if I was going to meet you."

Twilight was astounded to see this visitor. "What are you doing here, Robecca?"

"Probably the same reason we're here, Twi. " Said Rainbow. "Looking around this old restored town."

"Your rainbow haired friend is right." Robecca added. "I just love the old fashioned way of doing things."

"So I've heard. Do you still bring your old time school supplies to school?"

"Yes I do. I think we can all learn something from the past."

At an old blacksmith shop, tourists watch the blacksmith heat up metal to make horseshoes.

"Imagine the amount of steel needed to make those horseshoes." Twilight said.

"Or the amount of metal needed to put Robecca together." Dash added.

Twilight was shocked to hear that. Robecca calmed down the stunned intellect. "She does have a point, Twilight."

The girls continued their tour as Rainbow Dash licked a strawberry candy stick.

"These old fashioned candy sticks are pretty tasty." Rainbow Dash said happily. "Pinkie Pie would love the taste of these things."

"You starting to open up about the past. Huh, Dashie?" Robecca asked.

"I sure am. Your insights help out well, Robecca."

They soon stopped in from a store selling glass figurines. Everyone saw the glass blowers in action. Blowing up molten glass, and shaping it. Rainbow saw a beautiful glass peacock, and is astounded.

"Wow!" Rainbow Dash gasped. "Rarity would love this."

"Are you thinking of getting it for her, Dashie?" Twilight asked.

"You bet. Good thing I put money aside for occasions like this."

Happy about this, Twilight and Robbeca high five each other. The next day, Twilight and Rainbow Dash rested on a bench near a burger place.

"Rarity loved that peacock I gave her, Twilight." Dash said.

"Aren't you glad we stopped at Old Canterlot Town?" Twilight asked.

"I sure am. The peacock was not too expensive. But, spending time with Robecca Steam, PRICELESS!"

The girls shared a laugh as they think about their trip through the past.

PreviousChapters Next